Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weaker or stronger? 09:54 - Jan 18 with 10984 viewsdawlishdale

Just thought I'd ask peoples opinion on our transfer dealings to date in the January window.

Ins:

Billy Nott (loan from Lincoln) Good swap deal . Can't be as poor as Williams surely?

Ryan Delaney (signed from Burton) Untried defender. No appearances in England. One for the future?

Sam Hart: (loan from Blackburn) Left Back Again, an untried player...not played a L1 game yet.

Outs:

Jordan Williams (Loan to Lincoln) Has been awful here. Good deal for all parties

Joe Bunney (Sold to Northampton) bit of a surprise, selling to a relegation rival in the same league, but Joe divides opinion among fans I know. Surely, we didn't need the money?

Jordan Slew: Left at end of short term contract. Never given a chance, Not much idea if he is any good based on what I saw.

MJ Williams : Back to parent club. Had been injured that long I'd almost forgotten him being here, but we looked better when he did play.

Other stuff:

There are also rumours of Camps leaving, and I had a phone call last night telling me that we are trying to offload several other players...some are regular first teamers if fit. Others are no surprise, but not able to go at present.

No idea if we intend to bring anyone else in.

I reckon that we are weaker now than before the window opened, and I expect us to add some quality to the squad without too many departures. However, the realist in me expects Camps to be sold (undisclosed fee) and for us to bring in a couple of players...one youngster and one we've seen before.

Need to bring in

Box to box midfield player
Winger with pace
Goal scorer (which is always the hardest thing to find)
New pitch (the correct one this time please...what a waste the last one has been)

I've given up on us signing Jims replacement. This is something that we should have done over a year ago, but Hill obviously can't see a problem or he wouldn't have given him a contract extension.

Weaker or stronger? on 15:51 - Jan 19 with 1539 viewsMoonyDale

Weaker or stronger? on 15:32 - Jan 19 by TVOS1907

Even worse - it will be 11 years in March.

Cheers for that TVOS, where's my Zimmer frame?......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Weaker or stronger? on 17:15 - Jan 20 with 1270 viewsKoober1974

It's worrying, seems to be a fire sale with no 're investment.

Poor or untried players coming in and although they may be better when they settle in we are 2 points off the bottom and need stability. No extra fire power up top to get us goals, seem to be awash with midfielders and defenders so Hill can play for a draw week in week out.

Directors need to stand up and show us where the Hogan sell on fee has gone and how the Bunney money is being spent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024