Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alfie Mawson for England? 21:11 - Mar 3 with 8353 viewsskettyparkherbert

To me he is looking better game by game but could he make the world cup squad?

Who are the other centre back contenders Stones, Dann, Jagielka, Kane, smalling, surely he's up there with them?
Alfie Mawson for England? on 14:27 - Mar 4 with 2809 viewsjack247

He may play for England someday, really can’t see him going to the World Cup though.
Alfie Mawson for England? on 14:29 - Mar 4 with 2810 viewsdickythorpe

No, his head would swell. He's a work in progress, if he got capped now he would think he's the big cheese.
Let him learn with us and in a season or two sell him for £60 million
Alfie Mawson for England? on 14:47 - Mar 4 with 2787 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He's been good for us for large parts of the season, however he is absolutely no where near good enough to get ahead of a number of far superior English centre backs in that England squad.

I'm sure last week many were calling him awful and other expletives. It's just as hilarious as when some thought Dyer deserved a call up.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Alfie Mawson for England? on 17:14 - Mar 4 with 2735 viewsKilkennyjack

Alfie Mawson for England? on 14:47 - Mar 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He's been good for us for large parts of the season, however he is absolutely no where near good enough to get ahead of a number of far superior English centre backs in that England squad.

I'm sure last week many were calling him awful and other expletives. It's just as hilarious as when some thought Dyer deserved a call up.

Ferdinand and Sol have retired mate.

England dont have any top centre backs following the Stones situation.
Not many others as good as Alfie.

I hope they never pick him.

Beware of the Risen People

Alfie Mawson for England? on 18:41 - Mar 4 with 2709 viewsbuilthjack

He's not ready yet. If he does go, he will come back a broken man with England going out in the group stages. Keep him away from that.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Alfie Mawson for England? on 18:55 - Mar 4 with 2697 viewsicecoldjack

I think Mawson is decent but looks better than he is in a back 3, ditto Fernandez. It says everything that Fab has been the most active goal keeper in the premier league this season.

I also felt Mawson was poor at the start of the season after his summer exploits with England, if that was tiredness or what i don't know, but i felt his head was elsewhere at times.

We have a cracking prospect on our hands no doubt, but i feel he needs a season or two more to become the real deal, if he can progress and we stay in the premier league then i see him making us an absolute fortune in a couple of years time, by no means is he top quality yet, but if he keeps improving then everyone wins .

The confidence which is growing in VDH is equally as interesting to me, we may have another quality player there too, now that he's found his feet at this level he may well start to progress and get better too. Fingers crossed for the players and the club that we all get what we want !!
Alfie Mawson for England? on 21:46 - Mar 4 with 2631 viewsZZoric

he's turning ever more into a young ball-playing positive, driving Pique

his libero-esque drives into CM - showpiece his intelligent football-playing bias

on Pep's radar.........
Alfie Mawson for England? on 07:25 - Mar 5 with 2582 viewsDr_Winston

With the way he initially struggled the last time he spent an entire summer on National team duty, not to mention the time it took to get the squad up to speed after Euro 2016, I'd suggest that it's in our best interests to keep our players as far away from the World Cup as possible.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Alfie Mawson for England? on 07:33 - Mar 5 with 2573 viewsNeathJack

I fully expect him to be sold in the summer so from that perspective, it may be best he breaks into the England team asap and has a decent world cup.
Alfie Mawson for England? on 07:44 - Mar 5 with 2565 viewsgetcarter

Alf is a good player but would be 3rd or 4th choice if he moved to a top 6 side this Summer. Another couple of good seasons with us and he would walk into any top side as first choice. Would not surprise me if he gets into the World cup squad.
Alfie Mawson for England? on 10:29 - Mar 5 with 2528 viewsJohnw102

Alfie Mawson for England? on 07:44 - Mar 5 by getcarter

Alf is a good player but would be 3rd or 4th choice if he moved to a top 6 side this Summer. Another couple of good seasons with us and he would walk into any top side as first choice. Would not surprise me if he gets into the World cup squad.

Another couple of seasons we will be a top 6 side so no need for him to move!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Alfie Mawson for England? on 23:27 - Aug 29 with 2128 viewsTenbySwan

Gareth Southgate told Mawson he would have to leave Swansea if he wanted to play for England !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6111971/Alfie-Mawson-reveals-G
Alfie Mawson for England? on 00:30 - Aug 30 with 2048 viewsTheKirkyLife

So would I to be fair haha
Alfie Mawson for England? on 00:35 - Aug 30 with 2046 viewsBadlands

Alfie Mawson for England? on 23:27 - Aug 29 by TenbySwan

Gareth Southgate told Mawson he would have to leave Swansea if he wanted to play for England !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6111971/Alfie-Mawson-reveals-G

Goes a long way to explaining his shocking form when he returned.
I, and quite a few others at the time, thought it was down to him not getting on the field of play ... but it's more likely he was just marking time.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Alfie Mawson for England? on 06:57 - Aug 30 with 1929 viewsdcd14

Alfie Mawson for England? on 23:27 - Aug 29 by TenbySwan

It said he needs to be playing in the PL to be considered.

‘The last time I spoke to him I was at Swansea in the thick of things in the relegation battle and he said realistically if you want to get back into it obviously the Premier League is a must.
Alfie Mawson for England? on 07:11 - Aug 30 with 1915 viewsJango

Nowhere need good enough to be first choice for England.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 7:11]
Alfie Mawson for England? on 08:21 - Aug 30 with 1801 viewsdickythorpe

Always a big mistake in him. Dropped some clangers for us.
I would be concerned about his knee. I don't think he's anywhere near as good as he and others think he is.
Alfie Mawson for England? on 10:36 - Aug 30 with 1718 viewsLeonWasGod

Alfie Mawson for England? on 00:35 - Aug 30 by Badlands

I, and quite a few others at the time, thought it was down to him not getting on the field of play ... but it's more likely he was just marking time.

And playing through an injury that needed surgery at the end of the season.

He was far from our worse problem last season.
Alfie Mawson for England? on 10:39 - Aug 30 with 1709 viewsLeonWasGod

Early days as he's only just back from injury, but Fulham fans seem pleased with him (albeit in a cup game against Exeter).

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=c3audo0bu17skdpig201bga

Oh well, as Darren would say....
Alfie Mawson for England? on 10:40 - Aug 30 with 1704 viewsawayjack

Alfie Mawson for England? on 00:35 - Aug 30 by Badlands

Mawson was one of the better performers in our run in. Unlike the utterly shite midfield, hopeless forwards, poor coaching tactics and the gutless performances of so many players. Mawson, Fabs and Roberts few that seemed to give a shit.
Alfie Mawson for England? on 12:21 - Aug 30 with 1642 viewsMrSwerve

Mawson was/is a bloody good CB. I don't think he deserves any revisionism on here stating that he wasn't that good.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Alfie Mawson for England? on 12:42 - Aug 30 with 1602 viewsProfessor

Alfie Mawson for England? on 12:21 - Aug 30 by MrSwerve

Mawson was/is a bloody good CB. I don't think he deserves any revisionism on here stating that he wasn't that good.

well said. Made some mistakes but gave it a go. We still made significant profit from him as well as being one of the few players who could hold his head up
Alfie Mawson for England? on 20:22 - Aug 30 with 1503 viewsBadlands

Alfie Mawson for England? on 12:21 - Aug 30 by MrSwerve

No revisionism.
I have seen Mawson as a competent Championship CB from day 1.
It took on field bollockings from Fernandez and Rangel to stop him blaming others for his mistakes. He was good in the air but the rest of his game was suspect, especially positioning.
After returning from the England camp even his supporters where I sit were unhappy with his performances.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024