Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? 06:27 - May 13 with 9907 viewsBobby_Fischer

"spoke to Levein and Jase, and they get it!"

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 18:16 - May 13 with 1856 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 17:44 - May 13 by Jack123

Looks like these have access to all games, £110 quid tho Think you will need a vpn if based in uk.. https://www.efl.com/iFollow/subscribe/

Thanks, but you mean a VPN if I'm NOT in the UK, right?

I've tried using a VPN only once when I was in St Lucia when we played Palace back in August and it didn't work for me, so not sure I want to spend the money unless I know for sure it will work.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 18:18 - May 13 with 1849 viewsDanWelsh86

We are so toxic and xenophobic at the minute it's beyond a level of cringe.

The city has always been quite xenophobic, but the whole American takeover has taken it to new levels.

Can we just be happy for the global support?
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 18:31 - May 13 with 1817 viewsJack123

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 18:16 - May 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

I've tried using a VPN only once when I was in St Lucia when we played Palace back in August and it didn't work for me, so not sure I want to spend the money unless I know for sure it will work.

Yes, you should be ok in the States, just need a vpn for uk and Ireland.. I think this came out last year, not sure of the quality of service and stuff though! It look's as if it's official though, mainly for overseas fans.

libera nos a malo

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 18:37 - May 13 with 1802 viewsJack123

Just had a another quick look, an the club needs to be part of it , copied from site 'What clubs offer iFollow subscriptions?

Only clubs who have opted in to utilise the iFollow platform will be able to offer subscriptions to iFollow. These clubs are known as EFL Digital clubs and have launched new websites which include the iFollow platform. To check whether your club has opted in to utilise iFollow see below, or click here.

libera nos a malo

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 18:52 - May 13 with 1784 viewsstAteSwan

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 18:16 - May 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

I haven’t figured out how to access all the matches yet, but the new ESPN+ service will have a few matches next year. It appears they are going to focus heavily on the more recognizable clubs, which should help. They also have League Cup rights
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 19:18 - May 13 with 1766 views34dfgdf54

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 18:12 - May 13 by stAteSwan

I’m not going anywhere. I’ve tried to stay away today because I feel like an intruder on a funeral. Life as an American supporter is just as tough. The championship has a limited tv situation in the us. 3-4 matches a week, all via paid subscription.

However I am not giving up. On a tough day all you can do is mourn and hope better days lie ahead.

Swan for life! Doesn’t matter what division they are playing in.

Good f*cking on you my friend

And you Tummer. Next time you make it over, the pints on me.

Keep the faith. STID
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 19:21 - May 13 with 1762 viewsnyc_swans

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 12:36 - May 13 by Bobby_Fischer

You didn't mention NYCswan (ish) hes the only objective one, i like him. Possibly because NYC is my favourite place!

thanks if you’re referring to me. i’m on this site every day god help me
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 19:42 - May 13 with 1736 viewssainthelens

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 18:18 - May 13 by DanWelsh86

We are so toxic and xenophobic at the minute it's beyond a level of cringe.

The city has always been quite xenophobic, but the whole American takeover has taken it to new levels.

Can we just be happy for the global support?

We'll all be grateful if they decide to spend a few bucks on OUR team . Ok to fork out 12m for Rooney plus fck knows what wages. Levien is a cvnt. That xenophobic enough for you?
Login to get fewer ads

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 20:39 - May 13 with 1695 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 19:42 - May 13 by sainthelens

We'll all be grateful if they decide to spend a few bucks on OUR team . Ok to fork out 12m for Rooney plus fck knows what wages. Levien is a cvnt. That xenophobic enough for you?

Agreed, but where were you when I shared my concern that it might be a bad thing that they were buying DC United? I got raked over the coals for even bringing it up.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/222000/page:1
[Post edited 13 May 2018 20:45]

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 20:43 - May 13 with 1681 viewsBobby_Fischer

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 16:05 - May 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

Robert, my dwindling to almost non-existent participation on this board lately has nothing to do with being fair weather about the Swans, but everything to do with sentiments like yours.

Still wear my assortment of Swans shirts everywhere I go (to the point that annoys the hell out of my better half), and there are still plenty of other places on social media (Facebook and Twitter) I can participate without facing the abuse I get here. Most of y'all on Planet Swans are great and friendly people, and I'm happy for my friend Dar that he is running the show here now; but life is too short to allow myself to get worked up over the douchebag minority, as I can't help but doing.

And speaking of the douchebags...no, phact0rri, I won't be looking for a new club in August, nor will any of the other Americans who have fallen in love with this club and the city of Swansea. Sorry if this disappoints you as you seem to enjoy loathing your fellow American Swans supporters for whatever bizarre reason, but they are stuck with us. At least in spirit and other places, even if well-intentioned former posters like myself and Davillin more or less avoid Planet Swans now. Pretty dumb and a bit insulting, your assumption that any American supporter simply picked Swansea out of a hat of 20 names to support, and that we would now be finding another club next season. Do you really think if we were glory hunters like 98% of the other American PL supporters, we would have chosen Swansea over one of the "Big 6" clubs in the first place?

My personal assignment is to figure out how to best find access to all the fixtures on the internet next season. ESPN does show some Championship matches, so I will also spend the summer campaigning the message to them that the best American support for any Championship club now belongs to Swansea, so they best give us our due.
[Post edited 13 May 2018 17:01]

In the pub cant read it all, good that your posting I like you

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 20:44 - May 13 with 1677 viewslondonlisa2001

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 20:39 - May 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

Agreed, but where were you when I shared my concern that it might be a bad thing that they were buying DC United? I got raked over the coals for even bringing it up.

It's still irrelevant Tummer.

They won't invest more or less here depending on other investments. They have investments all over the place.
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 20:47 - May 13 with 1668 viewssainthelens

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 20:39 - May 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

Fair point, but it wasn't the fans who sold it to them. Before you come on here giving it large at people who care, think about who the person is that's behind it all.
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 20:49 - May 13 with 1662 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 20:44 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

It's still irrelevant Tummer.

They won't invest more or less here depending on other investments. They have investments all over the place.

I understand that, but curious where St Helens was during that thread, since he's upset over them spending big money at DC United now.

POTY 2015

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 20:50 - May 13 with 1652 viewssainthelens

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 20:49 - May 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

I understand that, but curious where St Helens was during that thread, since he's upset over them spending big money at DC United now.

Probably didn't read it you clown.
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 20:51 - May 13 with 1649 viewslondonlisa2001

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 20:49 - May 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

Perhaps he didn't even see the thread?
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 20:57 - May 13 with 1623 viewsunion_jack

Robert, my dwindling to almost non-existent participation on this board lately has nothing to do with being fair weather about the Swans, but everything to do with sentiments like yours.

Still wear my assortment of Swans shirts everywhere I go (to the point that annoys the hell out of my better half), and there are still plenty of other places on social media (Facebook and Twitter) I can participate without facing the abuse I get here. Most of y'all on Planet Swans are great and friendly people, and I'm happy for my friend Dar that he is running the show here now; but life is too short to allow myself to get worked up over the douchebag minority, as I can't help but doing.

And speaking of the douchebags...no, phact0rri, I won't be looking for a new club in August, nor will any of the other Americans who have fallen in love with this club and the city of Swansea. Sorry if this disappoints you as you seem to enjoy loathing your fellow American Swans supporters for whatever bizarre reason, but they are stuck with us. At least in spirit and other places, even if well-intentioned former posters like myself and Davillin more or less avoid Planet Swans now. Pretty dumb and a bit insulting, your assumption that any American supporter simply picked Swansea out of a hat of 20 names to support, and that we would now be finding another club next season. Do you really think if we were glory hunters like 98% of the other American PL supporters, we would have chosen Swansea over one of the "Big 6" clubs in the first place?

My personal assignment is to figure out how to best find access to all the fixtures on the internet next season. ESPN does show some Championship matches, so I will also spend the summer campaigning the message to them that the best American support for any Championship club now belongs to Swansea, so they best give us our due.

I think the number of upvotes on your post shows how much people really think of you and supporters from outside of the UK.

Lisa has also given a good explanation as to why some people post the things they do. Although not an excuse, some are hurting bad.

I've always appreciated your posts and views. Keep them coming.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 20:58 - May 13 with 1620 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 20:47 - May 13 by sainthelens

Fair point, but it wasn't the fans who sold it to them. Before you come on here giving it large at people who care, think about who the person is that's behind it all.

Who am I "giving it large at?" This thread was started specifically to attack me personally, long after I've pretty given up on actively participating on this board anymore.

POTY 2015

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 21:01 - May 13 with 1610 viewsexhmrc1

lots of people here think highly of you. dont let a few idiots stop you posting.
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 21:11 - May 13 with 1581 viewsFireboy2

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 18:12 - May 13 by stAteSwan

I’m not going anywhere. I’ve tried to stay away today because I feel like an intruder on a funeral. Life as an American supporter is just as tough. The championship has a limited tv situation in the us. 3-4 matches a week, all via paid subscription.

However I am not giving up. On a tough day all you can do is mourn and hope better days lie ahead.

Swan for life! Doesn’t matter what division they are playing in.

Good on you matey

There will be a few thousand loyal non PL seeking fans remaining,because thats what loyal fans like you and me do

Keep the faith stateside
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 03:30 - May 14 with 1488 viewsphact0rri

Yes I loathe americans you've found me out. Sorry but I'm not going to make this personal, and I can imagine where this is coming from-- so I'll bite my tongue this is sport after all.

When I say 'most americans are fairweather fans', This is how I see it most, on the broadstroke-- think I'm a douche all you want, and make it personal-- but this is what tends to happen from my point of view. Where I live people tend to bounce from team to team on whomever is doing well any good time, and I've never seen it any different. If it is for you and you are a minority in the waty I see things, and you are going to stick with it like some of the american groups I mentioned who are in on it. Amazing and I hope you do, and I hope you continue to love this beautiful country and this city as your second home, as it is a treasure.

As to your question about accessing matches. Not every match is aired... not even in the UK. You are going to need to also do radio commentary for some matches. There usually is a thread on here that lists televised matches. and where its not always useful in the EPL, it is going to be now moving forward.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 03:53 - May 14 with 1476 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 03:30 - May 14 by phact0rri

Yes I loathe americans you've found me out. Sorry but I'm not going to make this personal, and I can imagine where this is coming from-- so I'll bite my tongue this is sport after all.

When I say 'most americans are fairweather fans', This is how I see it most, on the broadstroke-- think I'm a douche all you want, and make it personal-- but this is what tends to happen from my point of view. Where I live people tend to bounce from team to team on whomever is doing well any good time, and I've never seen it any different. If it is for you and you are a minority in the waty I see things, and you are going to stick with it like some of the american groups I mentioned who are in on it. Amazing and I hope you do, and I hope you continue to love this beautiful country and this city as your second home, as it is a treasure.

As to your question about accessing matches. Not every match is aired... not even in the UK. You are going to need to also do radio commentary for some matches. There usually is a thread on here that lists televised matches. and where its not always useful in the EPL, it is going to be now moving forward.

Based on that reply, I sincerely apologize for calling you a douchebag.

But please try to realize that the type of Americans who become Swansea supporters, despite having known Jack sh1t (no pun intended) about Wales before they discovered the club, are always going to be the exact opposite of the American stereotype you're describing.

POTY 2015

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 04:19 - May 14 with 1463 viewswindy_city_jack

Still here, been a fan since 96, so fu-k off is it?
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 04:26 - May 14 with 1461 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 16:16 - May 13 by Jajess

I feel offended. There is never a "where are the Danes now" thread annymore :-( . Now the US boys get one.

I'm hoping for ALL of the Danes to return (and the Turk!)

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 04:32 - May 14 with 1459 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 04:19 - May 14 by windy_city_jack

Still here, been a fan since 96, so fu-k off is it?

You tell them mate! I really can't fathom why idiots are turning on our American fans. All of you are always welcome here and your contributions will be valued.
From a (very) local Swans fan

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 05:30 - May 14 with 1441 viewsstAteSwan

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 04:32 - May 14 by Brynmill_Jack

You tell them mate! I really can't fathom why idiots are turning on our American fans. All of you are always welcome here and your contributions will be valued.
From a (very) local Swans fan

I do understand the OP's sentiments. We just got relegated out of the greatest league in the world primarily because of a bunch of sell outs, a poor recruitment policy, and a couple American owners who have no concept whatsoever of running a football club.

Supporters are angry. They need a place to lash out because the owners were too cowardly to show up to take the heat today. Unfortunately Planet Swans becomes the ideal place.

Do I wish they'd throw some of that anger on the random Cardiff fans that keep popping up? Sure, but I can't blame them. I've only been a supporters of this club for 8 years, and this is still just a downright miserable day. I can't dream to imagine what it feels like for someone whose supported the club their entire lives.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024