Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Israel / Gaza 13:23 - Jun 3 with 15948 viewsNeath_Jack

Right then, can someone explain to me (in simple terms) what the craic is out there?

I'm not interested on views on who is right/wrong etc.

Who are Fatah/Hamas/PLO and whoever else is there.

Who's fighting for what?

Just that i'm reading a book at the moment and a chap is out there and he's naming all these different groups and i don't know what's what.

No opinions, just facts please.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Israel / Gaza on 20:15 - Jun 3 with 2356 viewsbluey_the_blue

Israel / Gaza on 19:49 - Jun 3 by exiledclaseboy

Don’t understand get the fuss now, it’s the second series and she did Corbyn all through the first too.

Ah bit this one mentioned the a***-s*******. From memory, think there was a Hamas taxi driver.

I think I just got away with not mentioning the a s words.

The irony was so many non anti-semites complaining about this sketch by claiming Ullman is Jewish, that Baddiel a Jew wrote it thus they were displaying a political agenda which is nasty by the BBC. I just found it amusing to see the two lies being propagated to make it into a Jewish conspiracy.
Israel / Gaza on 20:21 - Jun 3 with 2341 viewsbluey_the_blue

Israel / Gaza on 20:03 - Jun 3 by Jonathans_coat

Israel is split into 3 areas, which are effectively 3 different countries at present. The state of Israel is the Jewish state. Then you have the two Palestinian (Arab) states, The West Bank and The Gaza Strip.

Fatah are the ruling political party in The West Bank, and are a moderate Palestinian political party. Fatah is actually the largest part of the PLO, which is a multi group political party. They are trying to solve problems generally through dialogue and diplomacy.

Hamas are the ruling political party in The Gaza Strip, and are a fundamentalist group, pretty radical and militant. They are designated as a terrorist organisation by some nations. The are not great fans of Fatah, and claim that many years of dialogue and diplomacy has achieved very little except the continued subjugation of the Palestinian people. (tbh they have a point).

Hamas are stirring up Palestinians to “fight back” against the Israeli state in any way they can, in many cases just protesting, but some are throwing rocks or petrol bombs at Israeli Soldiers. The Israeli soldiers response is generally to shoot first and ask questions later, men, women, kids, it doesn’t seem to matter.

Short version, it is all a HUGE politcal, social, religious, ideological, military and economic mess.

I'd agree with the vast majority of that - argue about the view on IDF but that's quibbling. I'd disagree with "throwing" rocks - slingshots are used which is a massive difference.

People really don't get the hate between Fatah and Hamas. When Hamas won the "elections", they celebrated by chucking Fatah officials off the roof. Literally. As in, gravity takes over and splat.

There are massive differences between West Bank and Gaza. Hamas would rather fight, after all, their charter calls for all Jews to be thrown into the sea. Any political solution that fails to include the deaths of many, many Jews aren't palatable to them.

I'm not a major fan of Natanyahu, but Hamas like many "leaders" in Gaza have failed their own people consistently. If Netanyahu lost and a moderate came in, nothing would change as Hamas would rather kill and sacrifice their own than achieve peace with a two state solution.
Israel / Gaza on 21:30 - Jun 3 with 2291 viewsHighjack

Hamas also routinely execute Palestinians in the street without a trial and commit terrible atrocities according to amnesty international, unicef and other organisations and are probably the most anti Semitic group on the planet today. Jeremy Corbyn calls them his friends.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Israel / Gaza on 21:48 - Jun 3 with 2276 viewsexiledclaseboy

Israel / Gaza on 20:21 - Jun 3 by bluey_the_blue

I'd agree with the vast majority of that - argue about the view on IDF but that's quibbling. I'd disagree with "throwing" rocks - slingshots are used which is a massive difference.

People really don't get the hate between Fatah and Hamas. When Hamas won the "elections", they celebrated by chucking Fatah officials off the roof. Literally. As in, gravity takes over and splat.

There are massive differences between West Bank and Gaza. Hamas would rather fight, after all, their charter calls for all Jews to be thrown into the sea. Any political solution that fails to include the deaths of many, many Jews aren't palatable to them.

I'm not a major fan of Natanyahu, but Hamas like many "leaders" in Gaza have failed their own people consistently. If Netanyahu lost and a moderate came in, nothing would change as Hamas would rather kill and sacrifice their own than achieve peace with a two state solution.

There are elements on both sides who would quite literally rather die than see a viable two state solution.

Poll: Tory leader

Israel / Gaza on 21:53 - Jun 3 with 2270 viewsDarran

Israel / Gaza on 21:48 - Jun 3 by exiledclaseboy

There are elements on both sides who would quite literally rather die than see a viable two state solution.

Post of the year so far by a real leftie. 👆🏻

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Israel / Gaza on 21:54 - Jun 3 with 2267 viewswaynekerr55

Israel / Gaza on 21:30 - Jun 3 by Highjack

Hamas also routinely execute Palestinians in the street without a trial and commit terrible atrocities according to amnesty international, unicef and other organisations and are probably the most anti Semitic group on the planet today. Jeremy Corbyn calls them his friends.

Oy. Vey!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Israel / Gaza on 21:57 - Jun 3 with 2266 viewsBadlands

Israel / Gaza on 20:21 - Jun 3 by bluey_the_blue

I have in the past known a lot of people who were classed as 'Palestinian Refugee' in passports even though they had born encounters around the world (most were Muslim, a few Christian) But I lost all sympathy for Hamas when they used children as human shields, fired rockets from schools & hospital and spent money on weapons rather than feeding their people or rebuilding a nation. Refusing to accept the State of Israel means Israel will never negotiate and the return of exiled Palestinians refugees and their descendants from the 40s and 50s is not going to happen.
Fatah, I believe, were a lost cause to political stability in the area when they helped instigate a civil war in Jordan and contributed to the conflict that tore Lebanon apart and saw the government fight alongside Syrian and Christian militias.
I also believe the theft of lands by Zionist supported by the Israeli government is inflammatory and wrong. But despite that Israel remains the most stable country in the region. Like so many areas around the world the way carve ups were undertaken by the exiting British and French have left bad situations considerable worse - and then the Americans, Russians and Chinese got involved.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Israel / Gaza on 01:54 - Jun 4 with 2224 viewsphact0rri

For me like others have said I think the biggest problem is giving religion such a big place at the table. I mean politics and religion are the topics no one wants brought up at dinner and here are two nations with it as the governing body.

Though for me, a lot of what is said on both sides is filtered through the media with agenda for or against the jewish state its rather hard to know what really is going on. I mean the deaths and the explosions and such is obviously, but cause and excuses is a different thing all together.

Though saying all that, that there is issues on both sides. the way Israel deals with the situation by slowly taking over more and more of the land that is not theirs, and caging in the palestinians with armed guards threatening death for those who want to leave is problematic. killing unarmed and innocent protestors (and bombing children playing that was not shielding hamas) also doesn't help me look at them in a positive light.

Quite frankly look at how much damage we see from hamas missiles and how many Israelis have died. Its hard for me to look at israel as anything but an aggressor. They don't need to act like they are for protection. they don't need to keep illegally possessing more land to protect themselves. Israel hasn't always been in the wrong with how they deal with hamas and palestine... but right now, how its being handled makes me sick to my stomach.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Login to get fewer ads

Israel / Gaza on 09:58 - Jun 4 with 2170 viewsomarjack

After WW2 Britain and the allies promised Jews to consign them the mandate of Palestine that has been an Arab land for hundreds of years because the Torah said It's the right thing to do. The new settlers formed militias that threatened,bullied,bought at cheap prices and killed those who refused to go. Leading to the formation of Israel in year 1948. Which is astonishing given how Jewish people suffered during the war how inhumane some of them were. And what's even more astonishing is how many of those Brexit types don't think the Israelis did anything wrong while complaining how there are too many immigrants in their country and claim "white genocide" etc lol..

But..you could argue that the past is in the past..Generations already settled and I'm certain many Israelis are not proud of their history but still It's their land now..no matter how illegally obtained it was..(Just like how the USA is not the land of the natives anymore,It was horrific how the land was obtained by European settlers but we can't just send them all home to Europe based on that)

And that's what Hamas refuses to see..Instead they choose to radicalise,Import ultra-religious views and brainwash those who are suffering and keep opposing any peace initiative. It's impossible to feel sympathy for the organisation.

Meanwhile Fatah tried in the past..Arafat and Rabin (Fatah leader and Israeli Prime Minister at the time) were that close to agreeing a 2 state solution but Rabin was assassinated in 1995 by an Israeli who opposed the agreement.

Since then all peace efforts went to sh!t..Natenyahu who's been prime minister in the late 90's and nowadays is a radical right-wing scum who's done nothing but make things worse,Ariel Sharon who's murdered tens of thousands during the Lebanese war was even worse. (Although Ehud Barak was moderate and things improved under his rule)

Hamas are hopeless. Meanwhile Abbas who's Fatah's current leader is weak despite his good intentions. Plus there is no chance for any peace now that Trump is 100% biased towards Israel and Natenyahu's only getting bolder,Therefore Hamas are growing more crazy and desperate.

According to a poll..about 47% of Palestinians..And 48% of Israelis support a peaceful 2 state solution..About half of these people are suffering and yearning for this mess to end..My heart truly goes for them.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 10:00]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Israel / Gaza on 10:53 - Jun 4 with 2136 viewsSlimer

Do you like men?
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 19:51]
Israel / Gaza on 10:54 - Jun 4 with 2143 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The veil is slipping

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/latest-security-council-holds-clo

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Israel / Gaza on 11:06 - Jun 4 with 2132 viewsomarjack

Israel / Gaza on 10:53 - Jun 4 by Slimer

Do you like men?

Wow very thorough and informative..

Please if you don't know your mouth from your @rsehole it's better not to comment because you might just fart instead.

Israel / Gaza on 11:11 - Jun 4 with 2115 viewsSlimer

Israel / Gaza on 11:06 - Jun 4 by omarjack

Wow very thorough and informative..

Please if you don't know your mouth from your @rsehole it's better not to comment because you might just fart instead.

Do you frequent glory holes?
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 19:59]
Israel / Gaza on 14:08 - Jun 4 with 2067 viewsEbo

Israel / Gaza on 21:30 - Jun 3 by Highjack

Twwat

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Israel / Gaza on 14:09 - Jun 4 with 2066 viewsEbo

Israel / Gaza on 10:53 - Jun 4 by Slimer

Do you like men?

Off you f uck then

Israel / Gaza on 15:08 - Jun 4 with 2039 viewsHighjack

Israel / Gaza on 14:08 - Jun 4 by Ebo

Twwat

Thank you for your reasoned, intellectually challenging and knowledgeable response.

Which bit did you disagree with?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Israel / Gaza on 15:42 - Jun 4 with 2018 viewsProfessor

Israel / Gaza on 21:48 - Jun 3 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed

The other issue is the scale of the country-the distances between Jerusalem and the West Bank are no more than Neath and Port Talbot. Jerusalem to Tel Aviv is like Swansea to Cardiff with the Gaza Strip over in Bristol. Fighting over a strip of scrub land.

The only place I have been I would not wish to return to.
Israel / Gaza on 16:05 - Jun 4 with 2003 viewsEbo

Israel / Gaza on 15:08 - Jun 4 by Highjack

Thank you for your reasoned, intellectually challenging and knowledgeable response.

Which bit did you disagree with?

All of it

Israel / Gaza on 16:39 - Jun 4 with 1982 viewsHighjack

Israel / Gaza on 16:05 - Jun 4 by Ebo

All of it

So you believe hamas don’t summarily excecute their own people on the street and Jeremy didn’t call them his friends?

Israel / Gaza on 16:54 - Jun 4 with 1973 viewsomarjack

Israel / Gaza on 16:39 - Jun 4 by Highjack

So you believe hamas don’t summarily excecute their own people on the street and Jeremy didn’t call them his friends?

lol no dude..that would be Nazi Germany that executed people on streets.

And Corbyn didn't call Hamas his friends..The Sun probably claimed he did to their moronic followers..you know they want to make money after all and Brexit type morons believe anything anyone tells them that sound moronic.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 16:55]

Israel / Gaza on 17:31 - Jun 4 with 1954 viewsLohengrin

Israel / Gaza on 16:54 - Jun 4 by omarjack

lol no dude..that would be Nazi Germany that executed people on streets.

And Corbyn didn't call Hamas his friends..The Sun probably claimed he did to their moronic followers..you know they want to make money after all and Brexit type morons believe anything anyone tells them that sound moronic.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 16:55]

Oops!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Israel / Gaza on 17:41 - Jun 4 with 1948 viewsomarjack

Israel / Gaza on 17:31 - Jun 4 by Lohengrin

Oops!

Corbyn supports the Palestinian cause..He doesn't support the Islamist/fundamentalist aspect of Hamas..Yet he identifies with their cause..Just like how he identifies with the cause of IRA but opposes their terrorist and disgusting tactics (just like me btw) He's a tolerant good person..But he has flaws..and I'm not one of his supporters btw..still if it was him or the racist Tories I'd obviously vote for him.

Hamas are sh!t in my opinion..And some might slate me for that but that's what I think.

In the other hand..The Israelis are only adding more fuel to the fire..no wonder Hamas managed to radicalise many in the region.

Same goes for Hezbollah by the way..I've lived for a while in Lebanon..many liberal minded people who support LGBT and women rights etc and some are even atheists and Christians like Michel Aoun's supporters (if you don't know him google him) by the way also admire Hezbollah's defiance but oppose their ultra-religious ideology..

Things are never black and white..unless you're a white supremacist of course then things are always white.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 17:42]

Israel / Gaza on 17:55 - Jun 4 with 1938 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Israel / Gaza on 17:41 - Jun 4 by omarjack

Corbyn supports the Palestinian cause..He doesn't support the Islamist/fundamentalist aspect of Hamas..Yet he identifies with their cause..Just like how he identifies with the cause of IRA but opposes their terrorist and disgusting tactics (just like me btw) He's a tolerant good person..But he has flaws..and I'm not one of his supporters btw..still if it was him or the racist Tories I'd obviously vote for him.

Hamas are sh!t in my opinion..And some might slate me for that but that's what I think.

In the other hand..The Israelis are only adding more fuel to the fire..no wonder Hamas managed to radicalise many in the region.

Same goes for Hezbollah by the way..I've lived for a while in Lebanon..many liberal minded people who support LGBT and women rights etc and some are even atheists and Christians like Michel Aoun's supporters (if you don't know him google him) by the way also admire Hezbollah's defiance but oppose their ultra-religious ideology..

Things are never black and white..unless you're a white supremacist of course then things are always white.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2018 17:42]

Get used to this Corbyn derailment

He got us relegated last season as well

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Israel / Gaza on 18:00 - Jun 4 with 1935 viewsHighjack

Israel / Gaza on 17:31 - Jun 4 by Lohengrin

Oops!

Fair play to the Sun they have done an amazing job faking that footage.

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:03 - Jun 4 with 1931 viewsHighjack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024