Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borrowing time — Preview 20:37 - Aug 24 with 2729 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/48535
Borrowing time — Preview on 21:12 - Aug 24 with 2602 views2Thomas2Bowles

One of the best you have written

If we have gone into panic mode and dropped the idea of developing the youth, going back to the old ways... If it fails, and it will.

How on earth do you turn it around again, all credibility is lost and would take years to regain.

There is no sign of the new training ground and academy, why bother if you have chucked it all away.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Borrowing time — Preview on 23:15 - Aug 24 with 2336 viewskropotkin41

I'll have a bang on whatever the bloke that predicted 2-2 is smoking......... I shall be taking that prediction to bed with me and sleeping tightly curled around it in the foetal position until tomorrow.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Borrowing time — Preview on 10:51 - Aug 25 with 1908 viewsLancsR

Superb Clive, thank you.
Borrowing time — Preview on 12:13 - Aug 25 with 1804 viewsPinnerPaul

Very fair (and calm in the circumstances!) summary
Borrowing time — Preview on 12:48 - Aug 25 with 1761 viewsstevec

It’s a tough call. Should we get players in who have proven themselves in promotion winning sides previously or should we carry on with the same policies of lower league and youth we’ve been doing for the last three and half seasons just to see how much fckin lower we can sink.

Think I’ve made my mind up.
Borrowing time — Preview on 00:06 - Aug 26 with 1438 viewsPunteR

Borrowing time — Preview on 12:48 - Aug 25 by stevec

It’s a tough call. Should we get players in who have proven themselves in promotion winning sides previously or should we carry on with the same policies of lower league and youth we’ve been doing for the last three and half seasons just to see how much fckin lower we can sink.

Think I’ve made my mind up.

Looks like we'll never find out how we would have done by sticking to our youth policy. Wasnt a bad idea if you asked me and we all know how signing over 30s premier league discarded players goes. But hey ho. MacClaren is in now so everything should be ok.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Borrowing time — Preview on 14:38 - Aug 26 with 1154 viewstraininvain

Borrowing time — Preview on 00:06 - Aug 26 by PunteR

Looks like we'll never find out how we would have done by sticking to our youth policy. Wasnt a bad idea if you asked me and we all know how signing over 30s premier league discarded players goes. But hey ho. MacClaren is in now so everything should be ok.

But we needed to replace the combined Championship experience of Onuoha, Smithies, Mackie, Perch and Robinson to an extent.

Holloway had the aforementioned players to combine with youth and still did so carefully, particularly until we were safe later in the season.

We’ve signed one player in his 30’s under McClaren and it looks a good signing.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 14:56]
Borrowing time — Preview on 15:34 - Aug 26 with 1113 viewsQPR_Jim

Borrowing time — Preview on 14:38 - Aug 26 by traininvain

But we needed to replace the combined Championship experience of Onuoha, Smithies, Mackie, Perch and Robinson to an extent.

Holloway had the aforementioned players to combine with youth and still did so carefully, particularly until we were safe later in the season.

We’ve signed one player in his 30’s under McClaren and it looks a good signing.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 14:56]

It's a good point.

I thought we were trying to bring in some signings before the transfer window had shut which we may have reasonably expected to get some deals done instead of none. The knock on effect of losing out on our targets with the embargo in January may be that we need to change our stance on loans and youth in order to maintain our Championship status. I think that's a pragmatic approach rather than putting our faith in youth without any chance to make changes in January if it's not working.

If we get a (hopefully decent) CB on loan before the loan window shuts I think we'll have a good chance of survival and we will hopefully be in a position to push forward next summer. If that means Loaning out Manning, Sylla and Smyth in the short term to comply with FFP it will be worthwhile.
Login to get fewer ads

Borrowing time — Preview on 16:06 - Aug 26 with 1086 viewsswitchingcode

Being nosey again but always interested in your reports and views this one top notch as usual.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024