Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton in trouble 21:14 - Sep 10 with 12440 viewsE17hoop

Bolton Wanderers could be in administration 'within hours'

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16833145.bolton-wanderers-could-be-in-admi

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Bolton in trouble on 13:12 - Sep 11 with 4434 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Could so easily have been us.

I hope they survive.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Bolton in trouble on 13:37 - Sep 11 with 4354 viewsNorthernr

One silver lining is that it would stop that wnkr Shaun Harvey just blindly hiding behind his "we haven't lost a club into administration..." straw man argument in favour of FFP all the time.
Bolton in trouble on 14:50 - Sep 11 with 4243 viewsenfieldargh

Bolton seemed to have signed a fair few players this season.

If operating costs are 9 million a year, that includes stadium costs, coaching staff and youth and first team squads, travel, scouting then what’s the average wage they are paying?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Bolton in trouble on 15:03 - Sep 11 with 4202 viewsphilc

Bolton in trouble on 11:09 - Sep 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

FFP, as flawed as it is was put in to try and stop this sort of thing.

The problem is FPP is concerned with losses, Bolton are going into receivership due to lack of cash to pay back a loan. In theory they could be making a profit.
Bolton in trouble on 15:05 - Sep 11 with 4197 viewsRangersDave

Bolton not in trouble......not even sure you can do what they have done, but apparently clubs been sold on at the 11th hour.

skin of their teeth if so, and expect a drubbing come saturday!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Bolton in trouble on 15:08 - Sep 11 with 4183 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bolton in trouble on 15:05 - Sep 11 by RangersDave

Bolton not in trouble......not even sure you can do what they have done, but apparently clubs been sold on at the 11th hour.

skin of their teeth if so, and expect a drubbing come saturday!

Have you a link to this latest twist, Dave?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bolton in trouble on 15:27 - Sep 11 with 4141 viewsRangersDave

sorry mate,

heres a link to the BW fans forum..... 'the wanderer'

might all be speculation on their behalf but.....

https://the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26385&start=1540

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Bolton in trouble on 15:27 - Sep 11 with 4141 viewsDavieQPR

Club have not been sold on but have secured third party finance and still waiting for funds to clear. Source of third party finance is still unknown.
Login to get fewer ads

Bolton in trouble on 16:01 - Sep 11 with 4038 viewsQPR_John

Bolton in trouble on 15:27 - Sep 11 by DavieQPR

Club have not been sold on but have secured third party finance and still waiting for funds to clear. Source of third party finance is still unknown.

Where does FFP stand with third party finance
Bolton in trouble on 16:11 - Sep 11 with 4004 viewsJuzzie

I hate FFP and all that but there's a little part of me that thinks this was bound to happen one way or another.

It seems to me football clubs have been allowed to operate in a way the would normally see them wound up yonks ago (like Woolworths, Tower Records etc) because "it's football" which has a whole different dynamic than just a commodity brand and IMO owners have been using this for years to get away with pushing clubs deeper into debt in order to pursue the golden dream.
FFP is not the right way but it's now coming to bite a lot of clubs on the 'arris and it won't be long before a big club (i.e. not your Rushden & Diamonds) will go to the wall.
Bolton in trouble on 16:27 - Sep 11 with 3941 viewsQPR_John

Bolton in trouble on 16:11 - Sep 11 by Juzzie

I hate FFP and all that but there's a little part of me that thinks this was bound to happen one way or another.

It seems to me football clubs have been allowed to operate in a way the would normally see them wound up yonks ago (like Woolworths, Tower Records etc) because "it's football" which has a whole different dynamic than just a commodity brand and IMO owners have been using this for years to get away with pushing clubs deeper into debt in order to pursue the golden dream.
FFP is not the right way but it's now coming to bite a lot of clubs on the 'arris and it won't be long before a big club (i.e. not your Rushden & Diamonds) will go to the wall.

Very much doubt any club considered to be a big club would be allowed to go to the wall.
Bolton in trouble on 17:32 - Sep 11 with 3793 viewsloftboy

Bolton in trouble on 16:27 - Sep 11 by QPR_John

Very much doubt any club considered to be a big club would be allowed to go to the wall.

Doesn’t that depend on who they owe money to, didn’t Rangers effectively go bust and have to start again.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Bolton in trouble on 17:55 - Sep 11 with 3744 viewscolinallcars

I agree. Similarly, the authorities are desperate to rid the Prem of the likes of Bournemouth and achieve their goal of big clubs only. They'd love Leeds back and eventually the Sheffield clubs and Sunderland plus Villa etc.
Bolton in trouble on 19:55 - Sep 11 with 3580 viewsQPR_John

Bolton in trouble on 17:32 - Sep 11 by loftboy

Doesn’t that depend on who they owe money to, didn’t Rangers effectively go bust and have to start again.

The Scottish FA do not have to uphold the illusion of the Premier League
Bolton in trouble on 20:06 - Sep 11 with 3569 viewskingo

Bolton in trouble on 17:55 - Sep 11 by colinallcars

I agree. Similarly, the authorities are desperate to rid the Prem of the likes of Bournemouth and achieve their goal of big clubs only. They'd love Leeds back and eventually the Sheffield clubs and Sunderland plus Villa etc.

Shaun Harvey seems to be on a mission to rid the Championship of any potential rivals to Leeds

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Bolton in trouble on 04:45 - Sep 12 with 3295 viewsMatch82

Came pretty close with Portsmouth
Bolton in trouble on 08:10 - Sep 12 with 3181 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Started well. Not sure if that’s a flash in the pan or evidence of a solid squad. However, come May, that 12 points is likely to hurt!

All of which only goes to show; football really is in a grandiloquent mess of its own making.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Bolton in trouble on 08:53 - Sep 12 with 3114 viewsRangersDave

Not sure they got fines 12 points though.

It seems they may or may not have told the EFL they were going into administration, and if they did then the EFL might have had to do the points thing.

Whatever the deal done, it was done after they announced the deadline for administration, so it's a bit murky, fact wise.

No doubt it will all come out in the wash, either way.

Bolton in trouble on 10:12 - Sep 12 with 3029 viewsJuzzie

Therein lies the problem, but I think it will catch up in the end.
Bolton in trouble on 11:42 - Sep 12 with 2921 viewsthemodfather

so much for fair play, is it helping clubs?
Bolton in trouble on 13:40 - Sep 12 with 2782 viewsLblock

Classic is BFS coming out now saying how "tragic" it all is.

Oblivious to being symptomatic in it all.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Bolton in trouble on 15:03 - Sep 12 with 2698 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Theyve avoided administration and will not receive a points deduction.

Team who have started well, and will now be rejuvenated by the news and want to put on a good show? Of course we are playing them on Saturday. Not very confident

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Bolton in trouble on 19:03 - Sep 13 with 2400 viewsJamesJackson

Bolton in trouble on 21:27 - Sep 10 by 18StoneOfHoop

Wow E17!
So that guarantees a nailed-on loss or win on Saturday?
Worth a last min ticket that I'd been contemplating?

That puts this prediction to the test then ...
https://www.betseven.net/football-betting-tips/english-championship/bolton-vs-qu

Stats aren't everything I guess.
Bolton in trouble on 03:02 - Sep 14 with 2245 viewsisawqpratwcity

Bolton in trouble on 19:03 - Sep 13 by JamesJackson

That puts this prediction to the test then ...
https://www.betseven.net/football-betting-tips/english-championship/bolton-vs-qu

Stats aren't everything I guess.

Welcome, James.

Your favourite cheese?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Bolton in trouble on 11:42 - Sep 21 with 1905 viewsTacticalR

'Former Bolton Wanderers owner Eddie Davies gave the club a £5m loan to help them avoid administration four days before his death, it has emerged.

Documents filed at Companies House show Davies signed off the loan on 7 September, four days before he died.

The money was used to pay off Bolton's main creditor BluMarble Capital Ltd, who rejected a first repayment offer.

It meant the Championship side avoided a 12-point deduction and a transfer ban from the English Football League.'

Ex-Bolton Wanderers owner helped save club from administration before death
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45586738

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024