Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup Tickets 20:57 - Oct 27 with 4740 viewsNinco

Anyone know why there is no priority window for season ticket holders to get their own seats before they go on general sale?
FA Cup Tickets on 09:26 - Oct 28 with 3856 viewsjohnn

Season ticket holders should be able to get their own seats,there should be some advantage to having a season ticket.Bet the chairman keeps his own seat without going in at 2 o’clock!!!!
FA Cup Tickets on 09:52 - Oct 28 with 3802 views442Dale

Apart from all-ticket games, this has always been the case for cup matches. Yes, they could change it and have a priority window of a day or two, but if a ST holder wants their seat they could just buy a ticket now as very few people will buy in advance and most pay on the day.

Also, they’ve said tickets go on sale next week and further details will follow, so maybe ST seats will be reserved for a couple of days. If not, it’d be a surprise if many fans, outside of ST holders, will purchase tickets immediately.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

FA Cup Tickets on 09:57 - Oct 28 with 3788 viewsaleanddale

I am sure it will be fine..

2500 home fans at best in 3 open home stands. There will be plenty of room and any concerned supporters the opportunity to get there own seat in advance next week.
FA Cup Tickets on 09:59 - Oct 28 with 3782 viewsTVOS1907

The tickets go on sale tomorrow.

Either buy one online and pick it up on Saturday, or just buy one on Saturday.

I would estimate the chance of someone else buying your seat before the day of the game is minuscule and in my experience, regular supporters (which, let’s face it, are the ones who’ll be there) tend not to sit in seats with reserved stickers on them as they are used to sitting somewhere else.

I don’t think I’ve ever turned up for a cup game and found someone in my seat.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

FA Cup Tickets on 10:15 - Oct 28 with 3747 viewsaleanddale

Agree 100% with TVOS.

1st round game and a sparse crowd.

In fact if any non regular is that desperate to sit in my seat they are welcome to it
FA Cup Tickets on 11:49 - Oct 28 with 3659 viewsSandyman

It's like the old days of the working mens clubs - ( tongue firmly in cheek )

Visitor: Takes a seat.
Club regular: You can't sit there.
Visitor: Why not, no-one's sat here? It doesn't say "reserved".
Club Regular. That's Walter's seat.
Visitor: He's not here.
Club Regular: Walter's sat there for the last 45 years. You can't sit there.

FA Cup Tickets on 12:07 - Oct 28 with 3634 viewsTVOS1907

FA Cup Tickets on 11:49 - Oct 28 by Sandyman

Or this:

FA Cup Tickets on 19:43 - Oct 29 with 3142 viewssoulboy

FA Cup Tickets on 12:07 - Oct 28 by TVOS1907

Or this:

Classic scene from a brilliant programme.
Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup Tickets on 21:44 - Oct 29 with 3005 viewsrochdale_ranger

FA Cup Tickets on 11:49 - Oct 28 by Sandyman

Still the same in many boozers in Whitworth and Rossendale.
FA Cup Tickets on 01:30 - Oct 30 with 2878 viewspioneer

If the expectation is for a low attendence then it shouldnt be a problem to say season ticket holders seats are reserved and non season ticket holders can sit in any unreserved seat. It seems like a no cost way of offering season ticket holders their regular seat.

We need to offer our best fans whatever benefits we can and this costs the club nothing.
FA Cup Tickets on 07:35 - Oct 30 with 2812 views442Dale

FA Cup Tickets on 01:30 - Oct 30 by pioneer

If the expectation is for a low attendence then it shouldnt be a problem to say season ticket holders seats are reserved and non season ticket holders can sit in any unreserved seat. It seems like a no cost way of offering season ticket holders their regular seat.

We need to offer our best fans whatever benefits we can and this costs the club nothing.

We don’t have “best fans”. We need to offer all fans the best we can. To reserve all seats, especially in the main stand, would see swathes of seats unoccupied and ‘pay on the day’ fans and stewards spending time locating ones which aren’t.

It’s been fine for years.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

FA Cup Tickets on 09:06 - Oct 30 with 2713 viewspioneer

FA Cup Tickets on 07:35 - Oct 30 by 442Dale

We don’t have “best fans”. We need to offer all fans the best we can. To reserve all seats, especially in the main stand, would see swathes of seats unoccupied and ‘pay on the day’ fans and stewards spending time locating ones which aren’t.

It’s been fine for years.

You don’t run the marketing department do you?

That old “we’ve always done it this way” with I suppose the follow up “and if you don’t like it you know what you can do”.
FA Cup Tickets on 09:18 - Oct 30 with 2698 viewsJimmyRustler

It takes a special type of snowflake to moan about not sitting in their usual seat for an FA Cup game against a National League team. Some people honestly need to get a grip
FA Cup Tickets on 09:18 - Oct 30 with 2695 viewsnordenblue

FA Cup Tickets on 09:06 - Oct 30 by pioneer

That old “we’ve always done it this way” with I suppose the follow up “and if you don’t like it you know what you can do”.

To be fair to 442 I'm pretty much of the same, fans think they have some sort of ownership of an exact seat in the ground when in reality there's absolutely no difference in maybe being a little dare devil and shifting 1/2 seats sideways or backwards, it's like folk in the Sandy having "their spot" reserved for every single game it's pretty laughable.
When I had a season ticket I used to treat games like this as a chance to watch the match from a totally different view for the same price whilst i had the opportunity
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 9:18]
FA Cup Tickets on 09:34 - Oct 30 with 2673 viewsTVOS1907

FA Cup Tickets on 09:18 - Oct 30 by nordenblue

To be fair to 442 I'm pretty much of the same, fans think they have some sort of ownership of an exact seat in the ground when in reality there's absolutely no difference in maybe being a little dare devil and shifting 1/2 seats sideways or backwards, it's like folk in the Sandy having "their spot" reserved for every single game it's pretty laughable.
When I had a season ticket I used to treat games like this as a chance to watch the match from a totally different view for the same price whilst i had the opportunity

Exactly and I bet at least 99% of those attending the Gateshead game will be able to sit or stand where they usually do, should they so wish, regardless of whether they buy in advance or pay on the day.

FA Cup Tickets on 09:35 - Oct 30 with 2671 viewsTVOS1907

FA Cup Tickets on 09:06 - Oct 30 by pioneer

442 said nothing of the sort.

FA Cup Tickets on 09:45 - Oct 30 with 2657 viewsDaleiLama

FA Cup Tickets on 09:18 - Oct 30 by nordenblue

I beg to differ. I own my seat and will do til the day I die and after the home game this Saturday, I'll be unbolting it and taking it home with me, just in case anyone should try to sit in it for the cup tie before I get there. Bad enough knowing Hornets fans sit in it when I'm not keeping it warm. I have also asked Dale if they can run me a power point off to my seat so I can install some electrification. You can never be too careful.

If I don't get round to doing all this, however, I may try the Sandy. Never been in it and I wondered about experiencing the unique culture in there after hearing all the tales on here.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

FA Cup Tickets on 10:29 - Oct 30 with 2546 viewsD_Alien

FA Cup Tickets on 09:45 - Oct 30 by DaleiLama

I beg to differ. I own my seat and will do til the day I die and after the home game this Saturday, I'll be unbolting it and taking it home with me, just in case anyone should try to sit in it for the cup tie before I get there. Bad enough knowing Hornets fans sit in it when I'm not keeping it warm. I have also asked Dale if they can run me a power point off to my seat so I can install some electrification. You can never be too careful.

If I don't get round to doing all this, however, I may try the Sandy. Never been in it and I wondered about experiencing the unique culture in there after hearing all the tales on here.

Now that's an idea - electric seats

Can just imagine Hilly signalling to the control box shortly before negative main-standers find their arses being barbequed

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FA Cup Tickets on 11:25 - Oct 30 with 2488 viewsDaleiLama

FA Cup Tickets on 10:29 - Oct 30 by D_Alien

Now that's an idea - electric seats

Can just imagine Hilly signalling to the control box shortly before negative main-standers find their arses being barbequed

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

FA Cup Tickets on 20:38 - Oct 31 with 2154 viewsNinco

FA Cup Tickets on 09:18 - Oct 30 by JimmyRustler

It takes a special type of snowflake to moan about not sitting in their usual seat for an FA Cup game against a National League team. Some people honestly need to get a grip

For your information, the 'snowflake' you refer to, (myself), may have a specific reason for needing to sit in their own seat, so perhaps you should think before you make assumptions. Not that it's any of your business, but I have severe autism and choose to sit with the same people as they are aware of and understand the condition. It can be extremely daunting for someone with autism to sit in an environment like a football club and without the help and support of those fans, it would not be possible.

Incidentally, the answer from the club is no. All pre-booked tickets for this match are unreserved, so unless every gets there as soon as the turnstiles open, there is a chance that your seat may go.
FA Cup Tickets on 20:43 - Oct 31 with 2150 viewsTVOS1907

FA Cup Tickets on 20:38 - Oct 31 by Ninco

For your information, the 'snowflake' you refer to, (myself), may have a specific reason for needing to sit in their own seat, so perhaps you should think before you make assumptions. Not that it's any of your business, but I have severe autism and choose to sit with the same people as they are aware of and understand the condition. It can be extremely daunting for someone with autism to sit in an environment like a football club and without the help and support of those fans, it would not be possible.

Incidentally, the answer from the club is no. All pre-booked tickets for this match are unreserved, so unless every gets there as soon as the turnstiles open, there is a chance that your seat may go.

There will be thousands of others available, including yours, I predict.

FA Cup Tickets on 21:01 - Oct 31 with 2139 viewskel

FA Cup Tickets on 20:38 - Oct 31 by Ninco

If it’s none of his business then why have you mentioned your autism twice in the last month or so?

If it’s that big of an issue for you then surely getting there when the turnstiles open will practically guarantee you can sit in your preferred seat. If your mates can’t make it that early then stick some jumpers on the seats around you or summat until they arrive and shout at anybody who dares to sit there. I’m sure you’ll be just fine.
FA Cup Tickets on 21:59 - Oct 31 with 2085 viewsNinco

FA Cup Tickets on 21:01 - Oct 31 by kel

If it’s none of his business then why have you mentioned your autism twice in the last month or so?

If it’s that big of an issue for you then surely getting there when the turnstiles open will practically guarantee you can sit in your preferred seat. If your mates can’t make it that early then stick some jumpers on the seats around you or summat until they arrive and shout at anybody who dares to sit there. I’m sure you’ll be just fine.

I've mentioned it because like so many ignorant people, he has just made assumptions about whether or not I am able to sit elsewhere. Just because he is able to do that doesn't mean everybody else can. If someone turned up to the game in a wheelchair, and all the wheelchair spaces were taken, you wouldn't expect them to sit on the back row, and my situation is no different.
FA Cup Tickets on 22:05 - Oct 31 with 2081 viewskel

FA Cup Tickets on 21:59 - Oct 31 by Ninco

I've mentioned it because like so many ignorant people, he has just made assumptions about whether or not I am able to sit elsewhere. Just because he is able to do that doesn't mean everybody else can. If someone turned up to the game in a wheelchair, and all the wheelchair spaces were taken, you wouldn't expect them to sit on the back row, and my situation is no different.

Have you contacted the club to see if they can accommodate your requirements in any way or is it easier to seek attention on here and moan without checking if they can do anything to help you?

I found the staff in the ticket office last week to be extremely helpful and they even suggested something helpful to me that I hadn’t even considered.
FA Cup Tickets on 22:15 - Oct 31 with 2058 viewsNinco

FA Cup Tickets on 22:05 - Oct 31 by kel

Have you contacted the club to see if they can accommodate your requirements in any way or is it easier to seek attention on here and moan without checking if they can do anything to help you?

I found the staff in the ticket office last week to be extremely helpful and they even suggested something helpful to me that I hadn’t even considered.

Yes, they made the suggestion that I take my season ticket book to the match and show it to whoever is sat there and appeal for them to move, which is pointless as firstly, I cannot do face to face communication, secondly, it says in the season ticket books that it doesn't guarantee that seat for cup games and also, if they don't want to move, they could refuse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024