Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Directors 21:08 - Nov 26 with 10407 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/november/four-new-directors-announced/

Well done on making employees Executive Directors. Would have liked to see the initiative extended to a Trust representative on the board as a shareholder.

Poll: What is it to be then?

New Directors on 21:36 - Nov 26 with 6526 viewsD_Alien

Meant to thumbs up (now rectified)

Looks like a really positive move, with new perspectives being brought on board

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Directors on 21:45 - Nov 26 with 6487 viewssmaclad1

New Directors on 21:36 - Nov 26 by D_Alien

Oooh, some people will cling to any news in a vain hope of things getting better. Will they sort out the fixture board, get us decent meat pies and coffee, or get Keith to cheer up? No bugger else has managed it so why should they be any different?
New Directors on 21:50 - Nov 26 with 6463 viewsDaleiLama

A change is as good as a rest. Or summat.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

New Directors on 22:02 - Nov 26 with 6411 viewsD_Alien

New Directors on 21:45 - Nov 26 by smaclad1

Oooh, some people will cling to any news in a vain hope of things getting better. Will they sort out the fixture board, get us decent meat pies and coffee, or get Keith to cheer up? No bugger else has managed it so why should they be any different?

Dunno smaclad, but I've always found a female perspective adds to rather than detracts from any proceedings

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Directors on 22:13 - Nov 26 with 6357 views100notout

So the rumours about Bill Goodwin stepping down are untrue?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

New Directors Dexit on 22:16 - Nov 26 with 6351 viewsThe_DJ

It's Dale's own Brexit, some out and some in

Can't wait for Hill's rant

' The Boardroom is like a Library '..........
New Directors on 22:18 - Nov 26 with 6340 viewsjudd

New Directors on 22:13 - Nov 26 by 100notout

So the rumours about Bill Goodwin stepping down are untrue?

Article doesn't address that.

New Directors on 22:26 - Nov 26 with 6301 viewstony_roch975

New Directors on 21:36 - Nov 26 by D_Alien

Totally agree - we needed the board to more reflect the fanbase & the town so adding female and younger directors is brilliant.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

New Directors on 22:27 - Nov 26 with 6299 views100notout

New Directors on 22:18 - Nov 26 by judd

Article doesn't address that.

But surely if he had stepped down it would address it?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

New Directors on 22:43 - Nov 26 with 6230 viewsjudd

New Directors on 22:27 - Nov 26 by 100notout

But surely if he had stepped down it would address it?

Could be a separate issue

New Directors on 11:56 - Nov 27 with 5862 viewspioneer

Somebody might be able to help me but on the face of it how does it work when employees are also directors? For example who do the employees report too? presumably someone who is appointed by and answerable to the board.

In the case of the CEO I understood he was working as a consultant, not an employee so for example the two women who work as employees and are now menbers of the board will have a say on the CEO who presumably is who they answer to as employees.

All a bit confusing!

Nothing against women being appointed to the board by the way ....with a bit of luck they might be able to cheer up him with the face like a slapped ass.
New Directors on 12:27 - Nov 27 with 5792 viewskel

Regarding Judd’s OP, when I was part of the “Trust Elite” a former director made it clear in no uncertain terms that anyone (including the trust) that wanted to join the board had to stump up 25k a season. What’s changed?
New Directors on 12:48 - Nov 27 with 5729 viewsroccydaleian

New Directors on 12:27 - Nov 27 by kel

Regarding Judd’s OP, when I was part of the “Trust Elite” a former director made it clear in no uncertain terms that anyone (including the trust) that wanted to join the board had to stump up 25k a season. What’s changed?

Diversity.
New Directors on 12:54 - Nov 27 with 5717 viewskel

New Directors on 12:48 - Nov 27 by roccydaleian

Diversity.

Oh. Judd makes a valid point though (clique?). The trust has poured thousands into the club via share acquisitions and raising funds so it’s just a bit surprising in my opinion. Now would have been the perfect time.

Unless you mean that band that are better than kiss.
New Directors on 12:56 - Nov 27 with 5710 viewsboromat

New Directors on 12:27 - Nov 27 by kel

The money made from cup runs, transfers etc may now mean the directors are no longer needing to put their hands in their pockets. Or at least not as much and that directors are no longer required to do so. Maybe the stadium ownership has helped as well in some way.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New Directors on 13:11 - Nov 27 with 5684 viewsjudd

New Directors on 12:54 - Nov 27 by kel

Oh. Judd makes a valid point though (clique?). The trust has poured thousands into the club via share acquisitions and raising funds so it’s just a bit surprising in my opinion. Now would have been the perfect time.

Unless you mean that band that are better than kiss.

You're not thinking of Diversity, it's actually every other band is better than Kiss.

Has the original post been reported for being abusive?

I believe there was a one-off joining fee of £26k previously in return for shares and a seat on the board.

Aren't Directors normally appointed by shareholders?

New Directors on 13:26 - Nov 27 with 5631 viewsroccydaleian

New Directors on 13:11 - Nov 27 by judd

You're not thinking of Diversity, it's actually every other band is better than Kiss.

Has the original post been reported for being abusive?

I believe there was a one-off joining fee of £26k previously in return for shares and a seat on the board.

Aren't Directors normally appointed by shareholders?

Stop being an tit.

It seems so.

Remember Killy at a fans forum once saying it was £20K for a seat on the board.

Not aware of any shareholders being consulted on any appointments, but don’t actually know the answer to that question.
New Directors on 13:35 - Nov 27 with 5605 viewsDale92

New Directors on 13:26 - Nov 27 by roccydaleian

Stop being an tit.

It seems so.

Remember Killy at a fans forum once saying it was £20K for a seat on the board.

Not aware of any shareholders being consulted on any appointments, but don’t actually know the answer to that question.

Im off the understanding that non executive directors have no voting power. So, if that's true do they need to stump up the cash? Just on the board but with no real power.

This is the One, I've waited for

New Directors on 14:02 - Nov 27 with 5560 viewskiwidale

New Directors on 11:56 - Nov 27 by pioneer

Somebody might be able to help me but on the face of it how does it work when employees are also directors? For example who do the employees report too? presumably someone who is appointed by and answerable to the board.

In the case of the CEO I understood he was working as a consultant, not an employee so for example the two women who work as employees and are now menbers of the board will have a say on the CEO who presumably is who they answer to as employees.

All a bit confusing!

Nothing against women being appointed to the board by the way ....with a bit of luck they might be able to cheer up him with the face like a slapped ass.

Im also a bit confused by this not that its important unless it has implications that I'm not aware of it all seems a bit "inclusive" for the sake of it. I bet Jack the kitman is pissed off.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 14:48]

This is not the time for bickering.

New Directors on 14:30 - Nov 27 with 5507 viewsSuggers

The article says they are Exec Directors - this generally means they are employees. Non Exec Directors would be those who are not employees. As for Associate Director I would assume this is clarified in the club rules, but would suspect they would have limited voting rights (probably because they didn’t buy into the club).

Both Exec and Non Exec directors would normally have the same voting rights, except on reserved matters such as Executive pay!
New Directors on 18:09 - Nov 27 with 5283 viewsBobsAdaley

Aggree with Judd, a trust board member would be excellent, and the trust is a shareholder aswell
New Directors on 18:22 - Nov 27 with 5247 views442Dale

New Directors on 18:09 - Nov 27 by BobsAdaley

Aggree with Judd, a trust board member would be excellent, and the trust is a shareholder aswell

Were the Trust consulted around whether they’d want some representation or input?

If not, what are the plans going forward to work with the club now there have been changes where people at Spotland may have different roles?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Directors on 19:00 - Nov 27 with 5172 viewstony_roch975

New Directors on 14:30 - Nov 27 by Suggers

The article says they are Exec Directors - this generally means they are employees. Non Exec Directors would be those who are not employees. As for Associate Director I would assume this is clarified in the club rules, but would suspect they would have limited voting rights (probably because they didn’t buy into the club).

Both Exec and Non Exec directors would normally have the same voting rights, except on reserved matters such as Executive pay!

was Associate Director role a way of finding temp replacement for Russ Green?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

New Directors on 19:18 - Nov 27 with 5123 viewsjudd

New Directors on 19:00 - Nov 27 by tony_roch975

was Associate Director role a way of finding temp replacement for Russ Green?

No. I think it had something to do with the joining fee. There were Associate Directors before Russ joined.

New Directors on 19:56 - Nov 27 with 5036 viewsroccydaleian

New Directors on 18:22 - Nov 27 by 442Dale

Were the Trust consulted around whether they’d want some representation or input?

If not, what are the plans going forward to work with the club now there have been changes where people at Spotland may have different roles?

Answer to your first question is no.
I think the Trust board has a meeting with the Dale board pencilled in for sometime in mid January.
Not sure the date is 100% confirmed as yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024