Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill 23:30 - Dec 29 with 4072 viewsBainesy15

Worst person in the history of the planet, couldn't manage a Sunday league team. Forget that, realistically, we're where we should be, just about comfortably in League 1, he's clearly unable to do anything and should be resigned to a home for morons. Doesn't know what he's doing and doesn't know the club.

*obviously very sarcastic, get over yourselves*
Hill on 23:31 - Dec 29 with 4056 viewsjudd

Who has called for his head today?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hill on 01:23 - Dec 30 with 3902 viewsdingdangblue

Hill on 23:31 - Dec 29 by judd

dawlishdale?

'Time for them to go.'

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill on 01:48 - Dec 30 with 3889 viewssweetcorn

Hill on 23:31 - Dec 29 by judd

D_alien.. oh no wait that was "#banttttterrr"

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Hill on 11:28 - Dec 30 with 3555 viewsD_Alien

Hill on 01:48 - Dec 30 by sweetcorn

D_alien.. oh no wait that was "#banttttterrr"

wtf?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill on 12:04 - Dec 30 with 3461 viewsdawlishdale

Hill on 01:23 - Dec 30 by dingdangblue

dawlishdale?

'Time for them to go.'

I'm questioning the whole coaching ethos if you read all of my post.
Either the players are not performing, or they are not being given clear instructions with a game plan, or they're not good enough in the first place. Sadly, however you look at it, the Management and coaching team needs to address these fundamental issues.
Yet again, Hill spent much of half time by the dugout, where he called Calvin over to ask him to run across the pitch rather than playing three and in with the other subs.. Surely someone else is capable of doing this whilst Hill addresses the troops.

I'll ask you again. are you happy with the way we set up yesterday; the way the players performed, or the lack of encouragement coming from the bench (Hill, Beech and our alleged first team coach BBM)
Hill on 12:28 - Dec 30 with 3401 viewsDaleiLama

Hill on 12:04 - Dec 30 by dawlishdale

I'm questioning the whole coaching ethos if you read all of my post.
Either the players are not performing, or they are not being given clear instructions with a game plan, or they're not good enough in the first place. Sadly, however you look at it, the Management and coaching team needs to address these fundamental issues.
Yet again, Hill spent much of half time by the dugout, where he called Calvin over to ask him to run across the pitch rather than playing three and in with the other subs.. Surely someone else is capable of doing this whilst Hill addresses the troops.

I'll ask you again. are you happy with the way we set up yesterday; the way the players performed, or the lack of encouragement coming from the bench (Hill, Beech and our alleged first team coach BBM)

I know to some extent the concept is counter-intuitive, but I almost wonder sometimes if we are being over-coached? Are the players heads so full of what they should and shouldn't be doing, where they should and shouldn't be and how they must carry out the game-plan, that they are not expressing themselves to their full ability.

Citing Premiership as an example, the "Pep way" took some time to bed in and City looked awful at first. Now it is paying dividends as they have the players capable of carrying out the game-plan. Over at OT, clearly the "Special" way didn't work and now he's gone they have adopted a more expressive, intuitive style of play and are having a lot more success.

One of the things which seemed to be more in evidence vs Blackpool was our willingness to pass forward, but prior to that we have been masters of the square ball for 30+ passes followed by a punt or the inevitable mistake which gives away possession. I do wonder what is said in coaching sessions and pre-match/HT in this respect and how this impacts on performance. We just looked unprepared yesterday. I don't think for a second we were, so what is the disconnect?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hill on 12:53 - Dec 30 with 3338 viewsJames1980

Someone put on Facebook there is a rumour going about that Steve Cotterill has been contacted re replacing Hill if he went.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Hill on 13:09 - Dec 30 with 3290 viewsD_Alien

Hill on 12:28 - Dec 30 by DaleiLama

I know to some extent the concept is counter-intuitive, but I almost wonder sometimes if we are being over-coached? Are the players heads so full of what they should and shouldn't be doing, where they should and shouldn't be and how they must carry out the game-plan, that they are not expressing themselves to their full ability.

Citing Premiership as an example, the "Pep way" took some time to bed in and City looked awful at first. Now it is paying dividends as they have the players capable of carrying out the game-plan. Over at OT, clearly the "Special" way didn't work and now he's gone they have adopted a more expressive, intuitive style of play and are having a lot more success.

One of the things which seemed to be more in evidence vs Blackpool was our willingness to pass forward, but prior to that we have been masters of the square ball for 30+ passes followed by a punt or the inevitable mistake which gives away possession. I do wonder what is said in coaching sessions and pre-match/HT in this respect and how this impacts on performance. We just looked unprepared yesterday. I don't think for a second we were, so what is the disconnect?

Add to that list of potential disconnects - that players have stopped listening to the manager; not because they're ignorant buggers, but because they've heard the same message so many times that it's just in one ear and out the other. *

I'd certainly subscribe to your 'over-coached' theory in terms of position on the pitch. One of the joys of watching the Bradford players yesterday was seeing the freedom they had to just run and run where the play took them. One of the frustrations in watching us, by contrast, was seeing players go so far then restrain themselves from going further knowing they might be lambasted for 'losing position'. Hence, support for players becomes isolated, no-one will take a chance in case they find themselves on the wrong end of the manager's game plan. Yes, i believe there is one...

*Plus, maybe his presence near the dugout during the h-t interval was because he probably knows this and just wanted someone else to do the talk?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 13:14]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Hill on 13:33 - Dec 30 with 3234 viewsdingdangblue

Hill on 12:53 - Dec 30 by James1980

Someone put on Facebook there is a rumour going about that Steve Cotterill has been contacted re replacing Hill if he went.

I've heard a rumour it's Roberto Di Matteo.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill on 13:40 - Dec 30 with 3214 viewsJames1980

Hill on 13:33 - Dec 30 by dingdangblue

I've heard a rumour it's Roberto Di Matteo.

Seems like you're poo pooing the rumour

Hill on 20:15 - Dec 30 with 2871 viewsArthurDaley

Nobody can Poo poo like the General in Blackadder.

A large VAT Dave

Hill on 20:37 - Dec 30 with 2810 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hill on 13:09 - Dec 30 by D_Alien

Add to that list of potential disconnects - that players have stopped listening to the manager; not because they're ignorant buggers, but because they've heard the same message so many times that it's just in one ear and out the other. *

I'd certainly subscribe to your 'over-coached' theory in terms of position on the pitch. One of the joys of watching the Bradford players yesterday was seeing the freedom they had to just run and run where the play took them. One of the frustrations in watching us, by contrast, was seeing players go so far then restrain themselves from going further knowing they might be lambasted for 'losing position'. Hence, support for players becomes isolated, no-one will take a chance in case they find themselves on the wrong end of the manager's game plan. Yes, i believe there is one...

*Plus, maybe his presence near the dugout during the h-t interval was because he probably knows this and just wanted someone else to do the talk?

If you experienced joy at Bradford outplaying us yesterday I would suggest you are not a Dale fan, you are indeed a cuckoo in the nest.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hill on 20:54 - Dec 30 with 2769 viewsSuddenLad

Hill on 20:37 - Dec 30 by rochdaleriddler

If you experienced joy at Bradford outplaying us yesterday I would suggest you are not a Dale fan, you are indeed a cuckoo in the nest.

Riddler - not everyone has such a jaundiced one-eyed view of the situation at Dale as you clearly do. A defeat or a rough patch does not have us all running for the sick bucket, or the smelling salts, or even the nearest Voodoo doll.

Nor does whipping up a faux hysteria encourage others to adopt the same views as your own, no matter how many times you repeat the same trite garbage on any number of separate threads.

You've made your point. Just because you repeat it ad nauseam doesn't make it any more valid.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill on 21:05 - Dec 30 with 2729 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hill on 20:54 - Dec 30 by SuddenLad

Riddler - not everyone has such a jaundiced one-eyed view of the situation at Dale as you clearly do. A defeat or a rough patch does not have us all running for the sick bucket, or the smelling salts, or even the nearest Voodoo doll.

Nor does whipping up a faux hysteria encourage others to adopt the same views as your own, no matter how many times you repeat the same trite garbage on any number of separate threads.

You've made your point. Just because you repeat it ad nauseam doesn't make it any more valid.

If you enjoyed seeing us get hammered by a relegation rival, then for me you are a weirdo. Nothing to do with any of the other guff you mention you defeat apologist

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hill on 23:27 - Dec 30 with 2612 viewsShun

Hill on 21:05 - Dec 30 by rochdaleriddler

If you enjoyed seeing us get hammered by a relegation rival, then for me you are a weirdo. Nothing to do with any of the other guff you mention you defeat apologist

What’s the matter with you this evening?
Hill on 23:58 - Dec 30 with 2557 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hill on 12:53 - Dec 30 by James1980

Please refer this to the clique for confirmation.
Hill on 00:23 - Dec 31 with 2522 viewsrochdale_ranger

Hill on 23:27 - Dec 30 by Shun

What’s the matter with you this evening?

The cheese has finally slid of his cracker. Maybe nobody took him up on his offer of meeting him for a pint after he insulted all in sundry. Either way his knickers are firmly in a twist again.
Hill on 08:04 - Dec 31 with 2350 viewsJames1980

Hill on 23:58 - Dec 30 by Yorkshire_Dale

Please refer this to the clique for confirmation.

Which one?

Hill on 10:16 - Dec 31 with 2181 viewsonedalefan

Hill on 13:09 - Dec 30 by D_Alien

He often spends a lot of half time in the dug-out. I assume he leaves the talks to Beech which I've always thought strange.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024