Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where's the thread?! 14:42 - Feb 23 with 21700 viewsD_Dale

Has interest fallen so low?
Where's the thread?! on 17:40 - Feb 23 with 3044 viewsBobbyjoe

Where's the thread?! on 17:31 - Feb 23 by James1980

Terrible result. Going to be hated even more than I already am for typing this but ho hum hung for a .....
Can we really blame 'that man' for some of the key turning points in that game. EEL is responsible for his sending off or a poor decision by the officials not seen so can't judge. Also sounded on the commentary there was a stonewall penalty that if converted would have been 2-1.
Down to 10 men was always going to a struggle considering our defensive frailties, especially if we tried to get something after they went ahead. Even me who is trying to remain optimistic can see things are looking dire but, lets not say we are down until there is no way we can stay up.

Bravo, James, a brave defence of the indefensible. Defending Simmo was a walk in the park compared to this. And the club's situation at the time of Eyre's dismissal now seems like a golden age!
Where's the thread?! on 17:48 - Feb 23 with 2920 views100notout

Where's the thread?! on 17:31 - Feb 23 by James1980

Terrible result. Going to be hated even more than I already am for typing this but ho hum hung for a .....
Can we really blame 'that man' for some of the key turning points in that game. EEL is responsible for his sending off or a poor decision by the officials not seen so can't judge. Also sounded on the commentary there was a stonewall penalty that if converted would have been 2-1.
Down to 10 men was always going to a struggle considering our defensive frailties, especially if we tried to get something after they went ahead. Even me who is trying to remain optimistic can see things are looking dire but, lets not say we are down until there is no way we can stay up.

Don't think anyone hates you. I certainly don't and I admire your support from afar. You do talk like a prick sometimes though!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Where's the thread?! on 18:06 - Feb 23 with 2745 viewsJames1980

Where's the thread?! on 17:39 - Feb 23 by Toffeemanc

Genuine question for you James.
Forget who the manager is and any previous accomplishments they may have to their name.
Basing your decision solely on what you've seen on the pitch most weeks for the last 19 months as a fan of any team do you genuinely think standing by the manager in this scenario is the correct thing to do?

Like what you have done there and 99 times out of 100 my answer would be it is time for change. There is however one massive contract shaped issue which our lack of disposable cash situation makes even more of a problem, especially if sacking the manager means replacing his entire back room staff as well.
I definitely think unintended consequences are at play with the 5 year deal. What was probably seen at the time as good for stability in all areas may well have ended up as a diver's belt around the club

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Where's the thread?! on 18:18 - Feb 23 with 2654 views442Dale

Everyone, please...

TAKE A STEP BACK.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Where's the thread?! on 18:41 - Feb 23 with 2497 viewssweetcorn

Where's the thread?! on 16:58 - Feb 23 by Newbury_Dale

Club is dead on its feet. Do the right thing Hill and walk.

Whether you want Hill gone or not, why do people keep posting nonsense like this?

NOBODY with half a braincell would just up and walk away from a 5 year deal which isn’t even half way through..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Where's the thread?! on 18:44 - Feb 23 with 2460 viewsrochdaleriddler

Where's the thread?! on 18:41 - Feb 23 by sweetcorn

Whether you want Hill gone or not, why do people keep posting nonsense like this?

NOBODY with half a braincell would just up and walk away from a 5 year deal which isn’t even half way through..

But someone with a shred of decency would

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Where's the thread?! on 18:47 - Feb 23 with 2420 viewssweetcorn

Where's the thread?! on 18:44 - Feb 23 by rochdaleriddler

But someone with a shred of decency would

I suppose there are unicorns and pigs flying in the universe where you live then..

Rochdale committed to him and he committed to Rochdale for 5 years, you can pretend all you want on here that in his situation you wouldn’t do the same thing, but you would, nobody would walk away from such a large sum of money..

Where's the thread?! on 18:49 - Feb 23 with 2402 viewsShun

Where's the thread?! on 16:35 - Feb 23 by JimmyRustler

30 yards out. Not sure how that constitutes a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity. 3 1 now anyway. Game over

Having just seen the highlights I’m not really sure why he was sent off. As you say, he was quite a way away from goal, and we had covering defenders.

Another mistake from Delaney, too. I’m just going to come out and say what I’ve been thinking all season, Delaney is just as bad, if not worse than, McNulty.
Login to get fewer ads

Where's the thread?! on 18:51 - Feb 23 with 2386 viewssweetcorn

Where's the thread?! on 18:49 - Feb 23 by Shun

Having just seen the highlights I’m not really sure why he was sent off. As you say, he was quite a way away from goal, and we had covering defenders.

Another mistake from Delaney, too. I’m just going to come out and say what I’ve been thinking all season, Delaney is just as bad, if not worse than, McNulty.

Delaney is terrible, i think he’s the worst CB we have comfortably. He’s slow, immobile and as close to useless with the ball at his feet as you can imagine.

Where's the thread?! on 18:54 - Feb 23 with 2340 viewsdawlishdale

Where's the thread?! on 18:49 - Feb 23 by Shun

Delaney and Jim are not of League standard. How the heck can Hill not see this??

In fact; Delaney has noticeably regressed during his time here. Jim has remained constant, which is making him look better than he is.
Where's the thread?! on 18:54 - Feb 23 with 2320 viewsfrenzied

As awful as it is I wont lose heart until its over..

Perhaps Dale are going for the infamous Ali "dope on a rope" tactic..and any day now we will bounce back and smash all opponents!!!...………..then again...….
Where's the thread?! on 18:56 - Feb 23 with 2285 viewsrochdaleriddler

Where's the thread?! on 18:47 - Feb 23 by sweetcorn

I suppose there are unicorns and pigs flying in the universe where you live then..

Rochdale committed to him and he committed to Rochdale for 5 years, you can pretend all you want on here that in his situation you wouldn’t do the same thing, but you would, nobody would walk away from such a large sum of money..

Your hill love is nauseating, if he won’t quit it’s up to true fans to force him out, I guess you won’t

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Where's the thread?! on 19:02 - Feb 23 with 2234 viewsD_Alien

Where's the thread?! on 18:56 - Feb 23 by rochdaleriddler

Your hill love is nauseating, if he won’t quit it’s up to true fans to force him out, I guess you won’t

That doesn't make sense. All sweetcorn is saying is Hill is unlikely to walk away from a lucrative contract

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Where's the thread?! on 19:03 - Feb 23 with 2231 viewssweetcorn

Where's the thread?! on 18:56 - Feb 23 by rochdaleriddler

How is what I posted anything like a Hill love? Stating that he’d be an idiot to walk away from a 5 year deal. Thats just common sense, something you must be lacking..

Having a difference of opinion apparently means you aren’t a true fan now as well. I bow to your greatness.

Take it easy on the real ales tonight, don’t want you making a fool of yourself again and having to go into hiding for half a week.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 19:04]

Where's the thread?! on 19:05 - Feb 23 with 2201 viewsjudd

Where's the thread?! on 18:54 - Feb 23 by frenzied

As awful as it is I wont lose heart until its over..

Perhaps Dale are going for the infamous Ali "dope on a rope" tactic..and any day now we will bounce back and smash all opponents!!!...………..then again...….

Where you getting them drugs from man? I need some

Poll: What is it to be then?

Where's the thread?! on 19:06 - Feb 23 with 2199 viewsBobbyjoe

I doubt very much if, in the entire history of the game, any manager has ever resigned in the sense we understand it. Honour has nothing to do with it.
Where's the thread?! on 19:06 - Feb 23 with 2185 viewsrochdale_ranger

Where's the thread?! on 19:03 - Feb 23 by sweetcorn

How is what I posted anything like a Hill love? Stating that he’d be an idiot to walk away from a 5 year deal. Thats just common sense, something you must be lacking..

Having a difference of opinion apparently means you aren’t a true fan now as well. I bow to your greatness.

Take it easy on the real ales tonight, don’t want you making a fool of yourself again and having to go into hiding for half a week.

To be honest I prefer him abusive drunk to boring every fecker to death banging on about real ales.
Where's the thread?! on 19:10 - Feb 23 with 2149 viewsjudd

Where's the thread?! on 19:06 - Feb 23 by rochdale_ranger

To be honest I prefer him abusive drunk to boring every fecker to death banging on about real ales.

Almost spat out my 4.5% micro brewed Gnarled Cock when I read that...

Where's the thread?! on 19:10 - Feb 23 with 2149 viewsrochdaleriddler

You always support Hill. I’m not doubting you are a fan , but even you must know he should go, I know he won’t resign , but he should

Where's the thread?! on 19:12 - Feb 23 with 2124 viewsrochdaleriddler

Where's the thread?! on 19:06 - Feb 23 by rochdale_ranger

Having some train beers now, firstly ferret

Where's the thread?! on 19:16 - Feb 23 with 2081 viewsJames1980

Difference of opinion = talking shite out of one's gentleman's area.

Here is my take on things.
Prior to the this and the last season we had our best finishes in our history toying with a spot in the playoffs in League 1 The board decided that Hill needed to stay and gave a lucrative contract; a to keep him and b, to ensure any compensation would be sufficient if he was to be tempted elsewhere.

Some supporters decided that Hill had taken us as far as he could and it was time for change.
am I wrong so far if not I will continue

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Where's the thread?! on 19:18 - Feb 23 with 2042 viewsjudd

Where's the thread?! on 19:16 - Feb 23 by James1980

Difference of opinion = talking shite out of one's gentleman's area.

Here is my take on things.
Prior to the this and the last season we had our best finishes in our history toying with a spot in the playoffs in League 1 The board decided that Hill needed to stay and gave a lucrative contract; a to keep him and b, to ensure any compensation would be sufficient if he was to be tempted elsewhere.

Some supporters decided that Hill had taken us as far as he could and it was time for change.
am I wrong so far if not I will continue

Have other changes at the club over the same period had a negative effect on the playing side?

Where's the thread?! on 19:36 - Feb 23 with 1949 viewskiwidale

Where's the thread?! on 19:18 - Feb 23 by judd

Have other changes at the club over the same period had a negative effect on the playing side?

without a shadow of doubt the turmoil of the club on the field reflects the turmoil off the field. I'm sure in time the truth will out as to what happened in the boardroom but safe to say politics will have played a big part in the depts that the club has plunged insomuch as maybe that's why Hill is just going through the motions... what do I know.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 19:37]

This is not the time for bickering.

Where's the thread?! on 19:44 - Feb 23 with 1880 viewspioneer

Where's the thread?! on 18:06 - Feb 23 by James1980

Like what you have done there and 99 times out of 100 my answer would be it is time for change. There is however one massive contract shaped issue which our lack of disposable cash situation makes even more of a problem, especially if sacking the manager means replacing his entire back room staff as well.
I definitely think unintended consequences are at play with the 5 year deal. What was probably seen at the time as good for stability in all areas may well have ended up as a diver's belt around the club

good for stability? It was completely unneccessary at the time.... when was the last time any other club showed interest in him, his ego and his attitude has lead to him being virtually unemployable as a manager...yet we lock him in for 5 years...and apparently without any get out clauses such as coceding 70 goals before end of february.
Where's the thread?! on 20:17 - Feb 23 with 1748 viewsscarrow

Chesterfield, maybe port vale this season. Chaos needs to be sorted double dip relegations happen

Poll: Final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024