Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done to the board! 18:02 - Apr 22 with 5118 viewsBrierls

The ‘new’ board of directors have come in for an awful lot of criticism since taking charge, but they have to take some credit for making a huge decision which looks to have saved our League One status.

I did not agree with the sacking of Hilly, but hand on heart I could not foresee this turnaround had Hilly still been in charge. The sacking of Hilly, and appointment of BBM, has been nothing short of a master stroke.

I’m sure BBM has a lot to learn, he’s not even had a transfer window yet, but the players are playing for him and that gives us a platform heading into next season.

Well done to the board and a massive well done to BBM and his team.
Well done to the board! on 18:10 - Apr 22 with 5049 viewskiwidale

well said Lad. I hope any rancor is over it time for all Daleys to celebrate.

This is not the time for bickering.

Well done to the board! on 11:05 - Apr 25 with 4550 viewsD_Alien

Very much agree with the OP, with one exception. The appointment of BBM can't be regarded as a masterstroke since it almost certainly wasn't planned as such - which it would need to have been to meet that definition

As with KH, it would appear the board have been lucky in having someone able to lift the club out of a perilous position. It does bode well for next season, but that's something that remains to be seen and we need to retain a sense of caution amid the current optimism

For now, it's feeling like a good time to be a Dale fan again

There have been other concerns expressed about the power balance within the reconstituted board. The term irony doesn't do justice when it comes to accusing those of us who share those concerns - and aren't afraid to independently express them - of being obsequious. The very definition of that term is to blindly follow what's happening off the pitch, the longer-term consequences of which remain very much the subject of scrutiny

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Well done to the board! on 13:39 - Apr 25 with 4236 views100notout

Well done to the board! on 11:05 - Apr 25 by D_Alien

Very much agree with the OP, with one exception. The appointment of BBM can't be regarded as a masterstroke since it almost certainly wasn't planned as such - which it would need to have been to meet that definition

As with KH, it would appear the board have been lucky in having someone able to lift the club out of a perilous position. It does bode well for next season, but that's something that remains to be seen and we need to retain a sense of caution amid the current optimism

There have been other concerns expressed about the power balance within the reconstituted board. The term irony doesn't do justice when it comes to accusing those of us who share those concerns - and aren't afraid to independently express them - of being obsequious. The very definition of that term is to blindly follow what's happening off the pitch, the longer-term consequences of which remain very much the subject of scrutiny

my bad!
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 13:40]

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Well done to the board! on 13:41 - Apr 25 with 4216 viewsrochdale_ranger

My mention of your obsequiousness was in reference to the fact that you have fully and blindly crawled up the arse of another poster. I wasn’t impressed with the way The new board got rid of Hill without a big name replacement or the way Bottomley was in the media every other day saying we were interviewing candidates from across the UK and Europe to then go on and appoint a guy who has never managed at a professional level. But it was a gamble by the board and thankfully it’s paid off. There has been no criticism of that on here though has there? Let’s not pretend slagging the club off for organising gala dinners or enforcing a dress code in the main lounge or other such mundanity is holding the board or the clubs feet to the fire.
Well done to the board! on 16:44 - Apr 25 with 3968 viewsMolly

Apologies Briels. Went to place an uptick and somehow managed a totally unintentional downvote.
Well done to the board! on 17:03 - Apr 25 with 3925 viewsD_Alien

Well done to the board! on 13:41 - Apr 25 by rochdale_ranger

My mention of your obsequiousness was in reference to the fact that you have fully and blindly crawled up the arse of another poster. I wasn’t impressed with the way The new board got rid of Hill without a big name replacement or the way Bottomley was in the media every other day saying we were interviewing candidates from across the UK and Europe to then go on and appoint a guy who has never managed at a professional level. But it was a gamble by the board and thankfully it’s paid off. There has been no criticism of that on here though has there? Let’s not pretend slagging the club off for organising gala dinners or enforcing a dress code in the main lounge or other such mundanity is holding the board or the clubs feet to the fire.

I'm fully aware of what you were referring to, and thought you'd have learned your lesson when i trashed you in reply

It's common knowledge that for many years judd and i hadn't seen eye to eye over various issues, but he was a worthy adversary

You, on the other hand, are not, and know not of much that has transpired both during that period and subsequently, making your ill-judged assumption meaningless

Now, you can either continue thrashing about in the dark, or move on

Well done to the board! on 17:24 - Apr 25 with 3861 viewsrochdale_ranger

Well done to the board! on 17:03 - Apr 25 by D_Alien

I'm fully aware of what you were referring to, and thought you'd have learned your lesson when i trashed you in reply

It's common knowledge that for many years judd and i hadn't seen eye to eye over various issues, but he was a worthy adversary

You, on the other hand, are not, and know not of much that has transpired both during that period and subsequently, making your ill-judged assumption meaningless

Now, you can either continue thrashing about in the dark, or move on

“Worthy adversary” “trashed” me in reply. Jesus Christ that’s the saddest thing I’ve ever read on here. I’ll move on in admiration of your lofty position as chief forum trasher.
Well done to the board! on 17:37 - Apr 25 with 3819 viewsD_Alien

Well done to the board! on 17:24 - Apr 25 by rochdale_ranger

“Worthy adversary” “trashed” me in reply. Jesus Christ that’s the saddest thing I’ve ever read on here. I’ll move on in admiration of your lofty position as chief forum trasher.

I told you parrotting might make you sound more interesting

I was wrong

Login to get fewer ads

Well done to the board! on 18:36 - Apr 25 with 3652 viewssweetcorn

Is it really luck though? We’ve all heard BBM was seen by Hill as a potential heir to Hill’s position and was being groomed to do so..

So to counter your point, is it luck or good forward thinking which got brought into action a little sooner than intended?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 18:37]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Well done to the board! on 19:27 - Apr 25 with 3518 viewsD_Alien

Well done to the board! on 18:36 - Apr 25 by sweetcorn

Is it really luck though? We’ve all heard BBM was seen by Hill as a potential heir to Hill’s position and was being groomed to do so..

So to counter your point, is it luck or good forward thinking which got brought into action a little sooner than intended?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 18:37]

A fair point, and yes, the suggestion had been put forward that BBM was being groomed to succeed KH, under the old regime

After KH's sacking, a process was put in place whereby BBM was by no means an automatic choice. My concern was that he might've been deemed to be too close to the former CD/KH setup to be acceptable as the substantive successor, but results made it difficult to take any other course of action than appoint him, with the added bonus that he wouldn't cost a fortune or, as someone new to management, be too demanding in bringing in his own people

The outcome seems to be positive all round, which from a fan's point of view is all that matters; but whilst the new board deserve credit, my overall point was that it shouldn't make everything else they do go unquestioned

Well done to the board! on 19:52 - Apr 25 with 3455 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Well done to the board! on 19:27 - Apr 25 by D_Alien

A fair point, and yes, the suggestion had been put forward that BBM was being groomed to succeed KH, under the old regime

After KH's sacking, a process was put in place whereby BBM was by no means an automatic choice. My concern was that he might've been deemed to be too close to the former CD/KH setup to be acceptable as the substantive successor, but results made it difficult to take any other course of action than appoint him, with the added bonus that he wouldn't cost a fortune or, as someone new to management, be too demanding in bringing in his own people

The outcome seems to be positive all round, which from a fan's point of view is all that matters; but whilst the new board deserve credit, my overall point was that it shouldn't make everything else they do go unquestioned

I know this is strange and may be looked upon as a bit odd, but I genuinely don’t dislike anyone here. I don’t always agree with everything but it’s an opinion, which everyone is entitled to.

What we all agree on is the club we love, so why does it get personal so often?

We have had a great week, look likely to stay up and have a positive new manager.

Yet still people get personal. I am not blaming anyone but why not just pm each other and move on?

When we beat Charlton and everyone went nuts you may even have been hugging someone you slag off on here!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Well done to the board! on 20:05 - Apr 25 with 3415 viewsrochdale_ranger

Well done to the board! on 19:52 - Apr 25 by Thacks_Rabbits

I know this is strange and may be looked upon as a bit odd, but I genuinely don’t dislike anyone here. I don’t always agree with everything but it’s an opinion, which everyone is entitled to.

What we all agree on is the club we love, so why does it get personal so often?

We have had a great week, look likely to stay up and have a positive new manager.

Yet still people get personal. I am not blaming anyone but why not just pm each other and move on?

When we beat Charlton and everyone went nuts you may even have been hugging someone you slag off on here!!!

Personally I don’t really care about what gets posted on here it’s a football message board where we post under anonymous pseudonyms and there isn’t many of us at that. It’s quite apparent others take their “role” on here very, very seriously.
Well done to the board! on 20:15 - Apr 25 with 3375 viewsD_Alien

Well done to the board! on 20:05 - Apr 25 by rochdale_ranger

Personally I don’t really care about what gets posted on here it’s a football message board where we post under anonymous pseudonyms and there isn’t many of us at that. It’s quite apparent others take their “role” on here very, very seriously.

Bollocks

It was you who, desperate to look involved, started banging on about an assumed obsequiousness that couldn't be further from my character, and you're now squealing innocence

That's just exactly right, there for all to see

I'm inclined to agree with Thacks, but won't take any shit from hangers on

Well done to the board! on 20:25 - Apr 25 with 3342 viewsrochdale_ranger

Well done to the board! on 20:15 - Apr 25 by D_Alien

Bollocks

It was you who, desperate to look involved, started banging on about an assumed obsequiousness that couldn't be further from my character, and you're now squealing innocence

That's just exactly right, there for all to see

I'm inclined to agree with Thacks, but won't take any shit from hangers on

Judd was right you are bloody well unhinged. Run along and play with a better adversary.
Well done to the board! on 20:59 - Apr 25 with 3256 viewsjudd

Well done to the board! on 20:25 - Apr 25 by rochdale_ranger

Judd was right you are bloody well unhinged. Run along and play with a better adversary.

That wasn't me.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Well done to the board! on 21:03 - Apr 25 with 3241 viewsrochdale_ranger

Well done to the board! on 20:59 - Apr 25 by judd

That wasn't me.

Who ever it was then. Bit fragile your mate int he.
Well done to the board! on 23:42 - Apr 25 with 3060 viewsD_Alien

Well done to the board! on 21:03 - Apr 25 by rochdale_ranger

Who ever it was then. Bit fragile your mate int he.

It was BDMC, and i've no problem with that since i'm as unhinged as i want to be, which amuses me sometimes

Your fragility in not being listened to is the real issue here. You need to learn from this experience, and i'm happy to continue helping you

You could start learning by listening to people who've been around the block, and through the old archway onto the cobbled courtyard at Sankeys c. 1998-2006 before it was refurbished and ruined. It's still snigger-worthy that you think trainers are frowned upon in any nightclub worth visiting

Well done to the board! on 00:17 - Apr 26 with 3010 viewsrochdale_ranger

Well done to the board! on 23:42 - Apr 25 by D_Alien

It was BDMC, and i've no problem with that since i'm as unhinged as i want to be, which amuses me sometimes

Your fragility in not being listened to is the real issue here. You need to learn from this experience, and i'm happy to continue helping you

You could start learning by listening to people who've been around the block, and through the old archway onto the cobbled courtyard at Sankeys c. 1998-2006 before it was refurbished and ruined. It's still snigger-worthy that you think trainers are frowned upon in any nightclub worth visiting

From king of the club scene to fans network slayer. I’m in awe of you.
Well done to the board! on 00:44 - Apr 26 with 2991 viewskiwidale

I doff my cap to your self importance. Mum had a saying for people like you, she would say "their shit doesn't stink"
[Post edited 26 Apr 2019 4:37]

This is not the time for bickering.

Well done to the board! on 07:14 - Apr 26 with 2871 viewsD_Alien

Well done to the board! on 00:17 - Apr 26 by rochdale_ranger

From king of the club scene to fans network slayer. I’m in awe of you.

The whole point of places like Sankeys was that there were no "kings" or anything remotely exclusive. No wonder you're prepared to lick the Bottomley, living in his world of fake pecking orders and champagne receptions, rotten to the core and usually at the expense of other people

You can keep it, it stinks even without kiwi's shit

Well done to the board! on 07:45 - Apr 26 with 2828 views1907

Instead of bickering like old women why don’t we all just read the message from the Bury Chairman in the “tomorrow can’t come quick enough” thread.

Thanks to our new chairman, Mr Bottomley & board for doing what was needed & (pretty much) successfully keeping us in League One... Something Mr Hill had given up on long ago.
Well done to the board! on 08:11 - Apr 26 with 2790 viewsD_Alien

Well done to the board! on 07:45 - Apr 26 by 1907

Instead of bickering like old women why don’t we all just read the message from the Bury Chairman in the “tomorrow can’t come quick enough” thread.

Thanks to our new chairman, Mr Bottomley & board for doing what was needed & (pretty much) successfully keeping us in League One... Something Mr Hill had given up on long ago.

Just as long as results are going the right way?

That's the Bury way to a tee

Credit where it's due, for sure, but not the blind reverence that some are showing

Well done to the board! on 08:42 - Apr 26 with 2727 viewsrochdale_ranger

Well done to the board! on 07:14 - Apr 26 by D_Alien

The whole point of places like Sankeys was that there were no "kings" or anything remotely exclusive. No wonder you're prepared to lick the Bottomley, living in his world of fake pecking orders and champagne receptions, rotten to the core and usually at the expense of other people

You can keep it, it stinks even without kiwi's shit

yep.
Well done to the board! on 17:57 - Apr 26 with 2406 viewsShun

To be fair, I’d probably frown at someone who wore trainers to a club too! Although I’m too young for the Hacienda and I’ve never heard of Sankey’s!
Well done to the board! on 18:00 - Apr 26 with 2401 viewsJames1980

Well done to the board! on 17:57 - Apr 26 by Shun

To be fair, I’d probably frown at someone who wore trainers to a club too! Although I’m too young for the Hacienda and I’ve never heard of Sankey’s!

Down here it use to be no trainers and no jeans.
These days though!!

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024