Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Take a bow BBM 17:05 - Apr 27 with 7843 viewsMoonyDale

After 12 points from the last 5 games and a complete turnaround in form and results take a bow that man, safe with a game to go and comfortably so after a good win today.....And Ian Henderson you are a sodding legend, well done to the board for their bravery and the faith shown in the gaffer.....Bloody poorly at the moment but what a lift this has been......Party time..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Take a bow BBM on 16:26 - Apr 28 with 1867 viewsJames1980

Take a bow BBM on 15:14 - Apr 28 by 49thseason

Oh for crying out loud, can we all just move on and stop trying to bring everyone who ever scored a goal or made a tackle back to the club either as players or coaches?
There are hundreds of players who would improve our team and would not break the bank, and there are hundreds of coaches we could bring in. BBM has earned the right to make his own decisions in his own way, I have no doubt he has lots of names and numbers already. He strikes me as being clear headed about what he wants and from his comments prior and post games has an excellent handle on where we are and how we got here. Lets just leave him to get on with it and see where we get to. If we all end up with Irish accents then so be it.

So that would be a no then. And I agree with comments about BBM he has done fantastically.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Take a bow BBM on 17:52 - Apr 28 with 1745 views49thseason

Take a bow BBM on 16:26 - Apr 28 by BartRowou

If I were BBM, I'd drive Hamilton round the Bolton ground (whatever it's called), Carrington and Gigg Lane on Monday and point out the pitfalls of poorly-run clubs. Then I'd offer him an 18-month contract with the proviso that we won't stand in his way next summer should a club want him. All with Ole's permission of course.

Nope, 2 year deal with a 12 month option and the understanding that if anyone offers over £1m he can leave at any time with a lump sum of 10% of the initial fee. He needs to play lots of football in a proper league where he learns to be a proper professional. He has spent long enough in United's mickey mouse academy/ u23s or whatever and needs to learn his trade amongst men who care nothing about his background and mainly want to stop him playing over a 50 odd game season, week in, week out.

We are in the business of developing talent not borrowing from others and making nothing on any deal or having the Mendes Laing situation where the toy is fixed and no one pays the bill. Peterborough have done very well by developing forwards and selling them for big money, the odd £200k is welcome but a Hogan deal every year or two would be much better.

The premiership academies take in literally hundreds of kids and very few ever play a first team game because its better or easier to spend on a foreigner with a reputation than give kids a chance. Thats where we need to build a reputation for making the ones that dont make it into the big time into the sort of players top Championship clubs will buy. And the best thing is, the more we do it, the more we will be able to do it.
Take a bow BBM on 19:30 - Apr 28 with 1625 viewsjonahwhereru

Echo all the plaudits for BMM and the team on here.

I have seen the Dale 4 times this year and that was by far the best performance, although under BMM they have all been similar with hard graft and discipline being the hallmark. However yesterday I think Southend made us look better than we probably are.

We absolutely dominated them. Camps , Hamilton ( just shaded Camps for MoM) and Williams were all excellent through the middle. Alby used his good touch and experience to boss their defence, while Keohane look assured in an unfamiliar role.
Our resilience is now our trade mark, what a turned around!!!

Hamilton reminds me a bit of Gary Jones with his swashbuckling style, and that is high praise coming from this quarter.

UTD
Take a bow BBM on 11:37 - Apr 29 with 1395 viewswimborne_dale

So is BBM now the greatest football manager that the woooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrld has ever seen? 😀

Edgar Allan's Crow

Take a bow BBM on 12:14 - Apr 29 with 1347 viewsEllDale

There are two things which occur to me.

One is that the players have shown real passion and commitment, especially the ones who could be regarded as "Hill men", the ones who he had signed a couple of times. Perhaps it helped that they already knew BBM.

I think that Matty Done is a classic example. He never stopped chasing, harrying and grafting in his cameo appearance on Saturday.

The other is that we are now playing the percentages and beating the teams that we should be beating, especially at home. That's something that we've shown an inability to do the last 18 months. I doubt that we would let four in at home to Wimbledon under the new regime.
Take a bow BBM on 12:59 - Apr 29 with 1256 viewsfitzochris

Take a bow BBM on 12:14 - Apr 29 by EllDale

There are two things which occur to me.

One is that the players have shown real passion and commitment, especially the ones who could be regarded as "Hill men", the ones who he had signed a couple of times. Perhaps it helped that they already knew BBM.

I think that Matty Done is a classic example. He never stopped chasing, harrying and grafting in his cameo appearance on Saturday.

The other is that we are now playing the percentages and beating the teams that we should be beating, especially at home. That's something that we've shown an inability to do the last 18 months. I doubt that we would let four in at home to Wimbledon under the new regime.

Your last point is the most pertinent. The Wimbledon result could easily have been repeated against the likes of Shrewsbury, Scunthorpe, Wycombe and Southend in the "must win" games category.

I've no doubt in my mind we would still be in the bottom four had we not swapped the management.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Take a bow BBM on 23:41 - Apr 29 with 1041 viewskiwidale

Take a bow BBM on 11:37 - Apr 29 by wimborne_dale

So is BBM now the greatest football manager that the woooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrld has ever seen? 😀

At the moment YES.

This is not the time for bickering.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024