Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury & Bolton 13:03 - Jul 19 with 3385 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury are to be deducted 12 points by the English Football League after the club's creditors approved a rescue plan to clear some of the Shakers' debts.

Shakers owner Steve Dale put forward a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) proposal in June which would see the club's football creditors paid in full.

Unsecured creditors, including HMRC, will be paid 25% of the money owed.

A CVA qualifies as an "insolvency event" under EFL rules but the League One club have seven days to appeal.

In a statement issued on Thursday, Dale said the CVA would mean the club's "future is secured".

He said: "We have worked tirelessly to achieve the result today whilst taking a lot of flak.

"Some might say our methods were questionable but we can all pass comment with hindsight, my job was to save Bury FC and that's done. We have other hurdles but the main one is complete."

Meanwhile, CVA nominee Steven Wiseglass said the agreement "hopefully secures a brighter future" for the Shakers.

"The agreement means the club avoids going into administration or liquidation, and it provides a degree of financial certainty in that its historic debts will be dealt with," Wiseglass added.

The deduction means Bury join local rivals Bolton Wanderers in starting the season on -12 points after the Trotters went into administration in May.

Bury are due to reappear in the High Court later in July after a winding-up petition brought by HM Revenue & Customs over an unpaid tax bill was adjourned for a third time.

The Shakers are looking for new ownership after Dale put the club up for sale in April.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49034775

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Bury & Bolton on 21:52 - Jul 30 with 305 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 21:46 - Jul 30 by ROTTWEILERS

Every credit to the chairman for that rant. I've always had a gut feeling that Bury would be the one out of them and Bolton that 'gets it' from EFL. They always come down heavier on soft targets.

IIRC, I'm sure in the past the EFL got stung on a letter about proof of funds (might have been that chancer at Birmingham City? can't remember now), which is why they want to see bank details.

The whole thing is a right mess.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Bury & Bolton on 19:54 - Jul 31 with 288 viewsROTTWEILERS

Bury & Bolton on 21:52 - Jul 30 by BringBackTheRedRoom

IIRC, I'm sure in the past the EFL got stung on a letter about proof of funds (might have been that chancer at Birmingham City? can't remember now), which is why they want to see bank details.

The whole thing is a right mess.

The Bolton News: EFL chairman says they will help Bolton's path to Wycombe.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17807526.efl-chairman-says-will-help-smoot

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Bury & Bolton on 20:02 - Jul 31 with 282 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 19:54 - Jul 31 by ROTTWEILERS

The Bolton News: EFL chairman says they will help Bolton's path to Wycombe.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17807526.efl-chairman-says-will-help-smoot

The EFL just want this to go away.

I don't think FV have the money to pay off the secured creditors. Can see a whole heap of trouble a further 18 months to 2 years down the line.

Bury & Bolton on 07:08 - Aug 2 with 269 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 20:02 - Jul 31 by BringBackTheRedRoom

The EFL just want this to go away.

I don't think FV have the money to pay off the secured creditors. Can see a whole heap of trouble a further 18 months to 2 years down the line.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/581194/bury-chairman-steve-dale-league-one/

Bury & Bolton on 22:00 - Aug 2 with 256 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 07:08 - Aug 2 by BringBackTheRedRoom

https://talksport.com/football/efl/581194/bury-chairman-steve-dale-league-one/

Bolton Wanderers have travelled with just three senior outfield players ahead of their League One opener against Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday.

The Trotters went into administration in May while a protracted takeover of the club is still to be completed.

This week, the English Football League (EFL) set Bolton a deadline to show evidence of financial viability before the Wycombe match could take place.

The club met the deadline as the takeover was expected to be completed.

Three of Bolton's pre-season games have been cancelled, with players saying they had not been paid for five months prior to a planned match against Chester.

A takeover of the club by Football Ventures was due to be completed at the end of last week but, on the eve of the new season, is still yet to go through.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49211030

Bury & Bolton on 22:04 - Aug 2 with 253 viewsROTTWEILERS

Bury & Bolton on 22:00 - Aug 2 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Bolton Wanderers have travelled with just three senior outfield players ahead of their League One opener against Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday.

The Trotters went into administration in May while a protracted takeover of the club is still to be completed.

This week, the English Football League (EFL) set Bolton a deadline to show evidence of financial viability before the Wycombe match could take place.

The club met the deadline as the takeover was expected to be completed.

Three of Bolton's pre-season games have been cancelled, with players saying they had not been paid for five months prior to a planned match against Chester.

A takeover of the club by Football Ventures was due to be completed at the end of last week but, on the eve of the new season, is still yet to go through.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49211030

I wonder what the PFA's position will be on the strike-breaking kids that I presume will make up Bolton's XI tomorrow?

Bury & Bolton on 22:35 - Aug 2 with 249 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 22:04 - Aug 2 by ROTTWEILERS

I wonder what the PFA's position will be on the strike-breaking kids that I presume will make up Bolton's XI tomorrow?

Guessing it's going to be like what they tried at the end of last season. Team full of youth, not on professional contracts. EFL shutting both eyes and making a laughing stock of their own competition.

Let's see them try and fine clubs for fielding "under strength" teams in the Checkatrade Trophy.

Part of me wants Bolton to concede double figures just to show what a (sad) joke situation this is.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 22:37]

Bury & Bolton on 22:46 - Aug 2 with 242 viewsROTTWEILERS

Bury & Bolton on 22:35 - Aug 2 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Guessing it's going to be like what they tried at the end of last season. Team full of youth, not on professional contracts. EFL shutting both eyes and making a laughing stock of their own competition.

Let's see them try and fine clubs for fielding "under strength" teams in the Checkatrade Trophy.

Part of me wants Bolton to concede double figures just to show what a (sad) joke situation this is.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 22:37]

Something drastic needs to happen for the majority of football fans to wake up. The status quo is not an option. EFL/FA are sleepwalking towards government ordered root and branch reform of the national game if they don't get their affairs in order pronto

Login to get fewer ads

Bury & Bolton on 23:19 - Aug 2 with 235 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 22:46 - Aug 2 by ROTTWEILERS

Something drastic needs to happen for the majority of football fans to wake up. The status quo is not an option. EFL/FA are sleepwalking towards government ordered root and branch reform of the national game if they don't get their affairs in order pronto

Meanwhile at Bury......

Bury's second League One game of the season, away at Accrington Stanley on Saturday, 10 August, has been suspended by the English Football League.

The Shakers had already had Saturday's opening fixture against MK Dons called off after failing to show the league evidence of financial viability.

The EFL says the club could still not demonstrate they could settle all football debts or pay off creditors.

Bury have already been handed a 12-point penalty by the EFL in July.

The club were given the deduction after entering into a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) in order to try to clear some of their debts.

"Following a lengthy discussion, the board agreed that progress had been made with regard to the outstanding evidence requested by the league," an EFL statement said.

"The EFL acknowledges this remains a difficult and challenging period for the club, their players and supporters; and will continue to work with the ownership at Bury FC as it looks to resolve all outstanding matters."

It has been a chaotic week for Bury, who saw a winding-up petition against them dismissed by the High Court on Wednesday, while owner Steve Dale claimed the EFL were "working against" them.

The EFL's interim chief executive Debbie Jevans said later that the league was "not standing in the way" of the Shakers' survival.

Bury, who won promotion from League Two last season, have already been referred to an independent disciplinary panel after their fixture against MK Dons was suspended.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49213628

Must be close to being kicked out of the League now. Can't keep calling games off.

Bury & Bolton on 23:24 - Aug 2 with 232 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 23:19 - Aug 2 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Meanwhile at Bury......

Bury's second League One game of the season, away at Accrington Stanley on Saturday, 10 August, has been suspended by the English Football League.

The Shakers had already had Saturday's opening fixture against MK Dons called off after failing to show the league evidence of financial viability.

The EFL says the club could still not demonstrate they could settle all football debts or pay off creditors.

Bury have already been handed a 12-point penalty by the EFL in July.

The club were given the deduction after entering into a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) in order to try to clear some of their debts.

"Following a lengthy discussion, the board agreed that progress had been made with regard to the outstanding evidence requested by the league," an EFL statement said.

"The EFL acknowledges this remains a difficult and challenging period for the club, their players and supporters; and will continue to work with the ownership at Bury FC as it looks to resolve all outstanding matters."

It has been a chaotic week for Bury, who saw a winding-up petition against them dismissed by the High Court on Wednesday, while owner Steve Dale claimed the EFL were "working against" them.

The EFL's interim chief executive Debbie Jevans said later that the league was "not standing in the way" of the Shakers' survival.

Bury, who won promotion from League Two last season, have already been referred to an independent disciplinary panel after their fixture against MK Dons was suspended.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49213628

Must be close to being kicked out of the League now. Can't keep calling games off.

Bury & Bolton on 07:54 - Aug 3 with 228 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 23:24 - Aug 2 by BringBackTheRedRoom

The Chairman has issued the following statement after the Accrington Stanley game was postponed by the EFL:

BURY FOOTBALL CLUB HAVE BEEN TONIGHT DEALT A GRAVE INJUSTICE.

I today have seen the biggest injustice I have ever seen from this alleged body there to help clubs “the EFL.”

Again after submitting all that was asked from the EFL from our Lawyer, we got a call late tonight saying they are postponing our fixture with Accrington Stanley.

Grounds given to our Lawyer from Nick Craig “we want to substantiate some figures that may or may not be correct” we requested what these were as we could answer them there and then, the reply “we will get them to you as soon as we can but we are all at matches this weekend” and so would Bury fans if the EFL played with a straight bat.

Why did they not wait till Monday to again postpone our fixture if something was missing, we have the weekend to get any information to them, but no once again they prove they are clearly “The Destroyer of Clubs” where malice and vindictive actions take precedence over the whole premise of the EFL TO HELP CLUBS.

Let me list below the requirements sent from there Solicitor which we had to comply with, facts in bold, I do this to prevent ambiguity.

1.) Confirmation and evidence that all outstanding sums due to players will (or have been) paid in full to the satisfaction of the EFL and the PFA; THE PFA CONFIRMED TO THE EFL THAT THIS HAD BEEN AGREED TO THE SATISFACTION OF BOTH PARTIES.

2.) Receipt of written evidence of a bank account with £1.5m in it or a guaranteed line of credit for this amount freely available to the Club (and not any third party) which will allow the Club to operate in the 2019/2020 season; A LETTER OF CREDIT WAS GIVEN TODAY FOR £1.65M.

3.) A certificate/email confirming that the SAG has approved that the Stadium is fit for purpose and that all the necessary plans are in place for the 2019/2020 season; THEY WERE DONE BEFORE THEIR LAST STATEMENT.

ALL THE ABOVE I CAN PROVE AND BACK UP 100%.

I could've gone into the ill truths last time, that tried to discredit me and can disprove any allegations about me, but this beats them all, the deal was struck with our Lawyer and we were just waiting for them to say all is good so we can sign our players who 100% want to play for Bury and have waited patiently, the EFL are aware these players will have to sign elsewhere and seem to be dragging this out till we lose them as nobody expected us to save Bury never mind get players signing of the calibre we have so clearly there is an agenda here, I was told tonight by Debbie Jevans when I said just let us sign our team please before we lose them, the reply “you can play with your youth”, I REST MY CASE.

Regards,

Steven D Dale

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/chairmans-statement-after-accrington-s

Bury & Bolton on 08:49 - Aug 3 with 224 viewsROTTWEILERS

Bury & Bolton on 07:54 - Aug 3 by BringBackTheRedRoom

The Chairman has issued the following statement after the Accrington Stanley game was postponed by the EFL:

BURY FOOTBALL CLUB HAVE BEEN TONIGHT DEALT A GRAVE INJUSTICE.

I today have seen the biggest injustice I have ever seen from this alleged body there to help clubs “the EFL.”

Again after submitting all that was asked from the EFL from our Lawyer, we got a call late tonight saying they are postponing our fixture with Accrington Stanley.

Grounds given to our Lawyer from Nick Craig “we want to substantiate some figures that may or may not be correct” we requested what these were as we could answer them there and then, the reply “we will get them to you as soon as we can but we are all at matches this weekend” and so would Bury fans if the EFL played with a straight bat.

Why did they not wait till Monday to again postpone our fixture if something was missing, we have the weekend to get any information to them, but no once again they prove they are clearly “The Destroyer of Clubs” where malice and vindictive actions take precedence over the whole premise of the EFL TO HELP CLUBS.

Let me list below the requirements sent from there Solicitor which we had to comply with, facts in bold, I do this to prevent ambiguity.

1.) Confirmation and evidence that all outstanding sums due to players will (or have been) paid in full to the satisfaction of the EFL and the PFA; THE PFA CONFIRMED TO THE EFL THAT THIS HAD BEEN AGREED TO THE SATISFACTION OF BOTH PARTIES.

2.) Receipt of written evidence of a bank account with £1.5m in it or a guaranteed line of credit for this amount freely available to the Club (and not any third party) which will allow the Club to operate in the 2019/2020 season; A LETTER OF CREDIT WAS GIVEN TODAY FOR £1.65M.

3.) A certificate/email confirming that the SAG has approved that the Stadium is fit for purpose and that all the necessary plans are in place for the 2019/2020 season; THEY WERE DONE BEFORE THEIR LAST STATEMENT.

ALL THE ABOVE I CAN PROVE AND BACK UP 100%.

I could've gone into the ill truths last time, that tried to discredit me and can disprove any allegations about me, but this beats them all, the deal was struck with our Lawyer and we were just waiting for them to say all is good so we can sign our players who 100% want to play for Bury and have waited patiently, the EFL are aware these players will have to sign elsewhere and seem to be dragging this out till we lose them as nobody expected us to save Bury never mind get players signing of the calibre we have so clearly there is an agenda here, I was told tonight by Debbie Jevans when I said just let us sign our team please before we lose them, the reply “you can play with your youth”, I REST MY CASE.

Regards,

Steven D Dale

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/chairmans-statement-after-accrington-s

I like this guy but it's not looking good for Bury. His intransigence appears to be coming at a time when EFL are doubling down on their crapiness. As we know, they are crooked even when you are nice and jump through their flaming hoops of corruption.

Bury & Bolton on 09:24 - Aug 3 with 223 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 08:49 - Aug 3 by ROTTWEILERS

I like this guy but it's not looking good for Bury. His intransigence appears to be coming at a time when EFL are doubling down on their crapiness. As we know, they are crooked even when you are nice and jump through their flaming hoops of corruption.

"ALL THE ABOVE I CAN PROVE AND BACK UP 100%."

Then he needs to show this or sell the club. I'm not convinced on his 2nd point re funds TBH.

Bury & Bolton on 21:40 - Aug 5 with 207 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Bury & Bolton on 09:24 - Aug 3 by BringBackTheRedRoom

"ALL THE ABOVE I CAN PROVE AND BACK UP 100%."

Then he needs to show this or sell the club. I'm not convinced on his 2nd point re funds TBH.

Still looking decidedly iffy at Bolton as well. The fans are very worried that FV don't have the wherewithal to complete the takeover, or if they do, won't be able to sustain it.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Bury & Bolton on 09:47 - Aug 6 with 190 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 21:40 - Aug 5 by basilrobbiereborn

Still looking decidedly iffy at Bolton as well. The fans are very worried that FV don't have the wherewithal to complete the takeover, or if they do, won't be able to sustain it.

Never been convinced by FV bid for Bolton. Think it looks like they would want to just flip it or sell assets (which is why they want the hotel). Just don't think they have the money.

Meanwhile over at Bury....

The future of Bury is on a knife-edge, a source close to the effort to save the League One club has told the BBC.

Bury had a second game of the season, at Accrington, called off on Friday.

The EFL said they still had not received enough detail from owner Steve Dale about how he intended to fund a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) or the next two years' running costs.

Bury are due to play an EFL Cup tie at Sheffield Wednesday on 13 August, which is also in doubt

The source said a third postponement may have dire consequences.

BBC Sport has been told the EFL have requested far greater detail about Bury's funding plans than it was initially suggested would be the case and, at this stage, it is unclear exactly how long it will take to get the information needed.

Bury have been surprised by their treatment compared to that of neighbours Bolton, who were allowed to sign players ahead of Saturday's trip to Wycombe.

Bury remain under a transfer embargo and have, like Bolton, had 12 points deducted as a result of entering the CVA, which is classed as an insolvency event.

Dale told BBC Radio Manchester on Saturday that he will not consider selling Bury until he has restored financial stability at the club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49234433

Bury & Bolton on 17:34 - Aug 6 with 181 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 09:47 - Aug 6 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Never been convinced by FV bid for Bolton. Think it looks like they would want to just flip it or sell assets (which is why they want the hotel). Just don't think they have the money.

Meanwhile over at Bury....

The future of Bury is on a knife-edge, a source close to the effort to save the League One club has told the BBC.

Bury had a second game of the season, at Accrington, called off on Friday.

The EFL said they still had not received enough detail from owner Steve Dale about how he intended to fund a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) or the next two years' running costs.

Bury are due to play an EFL Cup tie at Sheffield Wednesday on 13 August, which is also in doubt

The source said a third postponement may have dire consequences.

BBC Sport has been told the EFL have requested far greater detail about Bury's funding plans than it was initially suggested would be the case and, at this stage, it is unclear exactly how long it will take to get the information needed.

Bury have been surprised by their treatment compared to that of neighbours Bolton, who were allowed to sign players ahead of Saturday's trip to Wycombe.

Bury remain under a transfer embargo and have, like Bolton, had 12 points deducted as a result of entering the CVA, which is classed as an insolvency event.

Dale told BBC Radio Manchester on Saturday that he will not consider selling Bury until he has restored financial stability at the club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49234433

Bury & Bolton on 17:42 - Aug 6 with 175 viewsspell_chekker

Bury & Bolton on 17:34 - Aug 6 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Have Bury or Bolton got any decent players we could nick off them?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Bury & Bolton on 19:31 - Aug 6 with 163 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Bury & Bolton on 17:42 - Aug 6 by spell_chekker

Have Bury or Bolton got any decent players we could nick off them?

Plymouth (or Bury South, as it is now known) have nicked the Shakers' best players chekks.

Bury & Bolton on 10:17 - Aug 8 with 156 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 19:31 - Aug 6 by basilrobbiereborn

Plymouth (or Bury South, as it is now known) have nicked the Shakers' best players chekks.

Bolton Wanderers have halted ticket sales for their first League One home game of the season against Coventry City on Saturday.

Tickets had been scheduled to go on sale at 09:00 BST on Wednesday.

Saturday's fixture is the first game Bolton will host since April, after their final home game of last season against Brentford was called off.

The Trotters, who are in administration and have not sold any season tickets, are yet to give a reason for the delay.

In a statement given later on Wednesday, Bolton said the game would still go ahead and they would issue a further update on ticket sales on Thursday.

It has been an uncertain summer for the club since their relegation from the Championship, with a protracted takeover yet to be finalised as well as having to start the season with a 12-point deduction.

A sale to the Football Ventures group was expected to go through before the start of the season, but remains unresolved.

Bolton's first match of the season against Wycombe had been under threat of suspension, until the English Football League confirmed the club had provided sufficient evidence of financial viability.

Before then, a trio of pre-season friendly matches were cancelled and players went five months without salaries - although it has been reported that contracted senior players received payments on Friday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49263362

Bury & Bolton on 10:38 - Aug 8 with 152 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 10:17 - Aug 8 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Bolton Wanderers have halted ticket sales for their first League One home game of the season against Coventry City on Saturday.

Tickets had been scheduled to go on sale at 09:00 BST on Wednesday.

Saturday's fixture is the first game Bolton will host since April, after their final home game of last season against Brentford was called off.

The Trotters, who are in administration and have not sold any season tickets, are yet to give a reason for the delay.

In a statement given later on Wednesday, Bolton said the game would still go ahead and they would issue a further update on ticket sales on Thursday.

It has been an uncertain summer for the club since their relegation from the Championship, with a protracted takeover yet to be finalised as well as having to start the season with a 12-point deduction.

A sale to the Football Ventures group was expected to go through before the start of the season, but remains unresolved.

Bolton's first match of the season against Wycombe had been under threat of suspension, until the English Football League confirmed the club had provided sufficient evidence of financial viability.

Before then, a trio of pre-season friendly matches were cancelled and players went five months without salaries - although it has been reported that contracted senior players received payments on Friday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49263362

PREPARATIONS for Wanderers’ first game of the season remain in disarray just three days before kick-off after the sale of tickets was withdrawn suddenly by the club.

Fans had been critical of the pricing structure announced on Monday evening, which put adult tickets at £24, Under-23s and Over-65s at £18 and Under-18s at £12.

At 8.50am this morning — just 10 minutes before going on open sale to the public — Wanderers made a statement to say tickets sales were being suspended, pending “very recent developments”.

A further announcement was then made this afternoon to thank fans for their continued patience, with the promise of another update tomorrow morning.

It is understood the delay is down to the Football Ventures consortium, who had agreed to underwrite the costs of the game going ahead even if their takeover had not yet been completed.

The price of putting on this game in particular is higher than normal as many of the businesses and services needed on match-day have remained unpaid since the tail end of Ken Anderson’s time as owner.

That could go some way to explaining why ticket costs were pitched so high — although The Bolton News has learned there was a high degree of internal concern among staff that the prices would be poorly-received, given the uncertainty of the last few months and the lack of senior player recruitment over the summer.

The final say went to an external management company associated with Nick Mason, the Pink Floyd drummer, and known business partner of Sharon Brittan.

The same company sought to put sales on hold today — and their increasing influence on club affairs could be an indication that the takeover is finally drawing to a conclusion.

Talk was again positive behind the scenes with one source claiming there had been “distinct movement” in the last couple of days as a matter was rectified with one of the senior creditors.

An SAG meeting held in Bolton Town Hall also passed without incident, and there is no known problem with the stadium’s safety certificate.

Nevertheless, there is an understandable air of cynicism among the Bolton fans having heard Football Ventures described as being so close to taking ownership for so long. The consortium is now entering into a fifth week as the administrators’ preferential bidder.

As such, talk that a cut in pricing could also be timed with an announcement on ownership has been treated with some caution.

The need to resume positivity shown among supporters at last weekend’s game against Wycombe, however, is quite obvious. And after an angry reaction to ticket pricing, a familiar air of frustration is beginning to creep in once again.

Should the club live up to its promise of an update on Thursday morning, there will be just two full days for fans to collect or download tickets.

The Bolton Wanderers Supporters’ Trust had earlier appealed for a reduction in pricing in an official statement released on Monday night — and have also been in discussion with members of Football Ventures.

“Further to the announcement on the club website this afternoon, the BWFCST is appalled at the pricing of tickets for this coming Saturday's first home game of the season,” read a statement from the board.

“We are therefore issuing an immediate plea for you to reconsider the pricing structure as a matter of urgency before ticket sales commence at 9am tomorrow morning.

“We join with other BWFC fans groups in registering our dismay at this treatment of not only the BWFC fans, but also the visiting Coventry City supporters.

“The patience and loyalty of our club's amazing supporters, on show for all to see at Wycombe last Saturday, is being tested and disrespected yet again.

“Circumstances do alter cases and in the ongoing distressed situation at our club, we would ask that you reconsider pricing. Surely a maximum level not exceeding £20 for full price ticketing would encourage the support in numbers that the name of Bolton Wanderers deserves?

“We would also ask you to reconsider allowing sales on the day and we are at a loss to understand why this facility is being denied to supporters.

“We hope that you will reconsider and treat the supporters of both clubs with more respect than is currently on show.”

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17822664.know-delayed-bolton-v-coventry-ci

"The final say went to an external management company associated with Nick Mason, the Pink Floyd drummer, and known business partner of Sharon Brittan".

Bury & Bolton on 16:38 - Aug 8 with 139 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 10:38 - Aug 8 by BringBackTheRedRoom

PREPARATIONS for Wanderers’ first game of the season remain in disarray just three days before kick-off after the sale of tickets was withdrawn suddenly by the club.

Fans had been critical of the pricing structure announced on Monday evening, which put adult tickets at £24, Under-23s and Over-65s at £18 and Under-18s at £12.

At 8.50am this morning — just 10 minutes before going on open sale to the public — Wanderers made a statement to say tickets sales were being suspended, pending “very recent developments”.

A further announcement was then made this afternoon to thank fans for their continued patience, with the promise of another update tomorrow morning.

It is understood the delay is down to the Football Ventures consortium, who had agreed to underwrite the costs of the game going ahead even if their takeover had not yet been completed.

The price of putting on this game in particular is higher than normal as many of the businesses and services needed on match-day have remained unpaid since the tail end of Ken Anderson’s time as owner.

That could go some way to explaining why ticket costs were pitched so high — although The Bolton News has learned there was a high degree of internal concern among staff that the prices would be poorly-received, given the uncertainty of the last few months and the lack of senior player recruitment over the summer.

The final say went to an external management company associated with Nick Mason, the Pink Floyd drummer, and known business partner of Sharon Brittan.

The same company sought to put sales on hold today — and their increasing influence on club affairs could be an indication that the takeover is finally drawing to a conclusion.

Talk was again positive behind the scenes with one source claiming there had been “distinct movement” in the last couple of days as a matter was rectified with one of the senior creditors.

An SAG meeting held in Bolton Town Hall also passed without incident, and there is no known problem with the stadium’s safety certificate.

Nevertheless, there is an understandable air of cynicism among the Bolton fans having heard Football Ventures described as being so close to taking ownership for so long. The consortium is now entering into a fifth week as the administrators’ preferential bidder.

As such, talk that a cut in pricing could also be timed with an announcement on ownership has been treated with some caution.

The need to resume positivity shown among supporters at last weekend’s game against Wycombe, however, is quite obvious. And after an angry reaction to ticket pricing, a familiar air of frustration is beginning to creep in once again.

Should the club live up to its promise of an update on Thursday morning, there will be just two full days for fans to collect or download tickets.

The Bolton Wanderers Supporters’ Trust had earlier appealed for a reduction in pricing in an official statement released on Monday night — and have also been in discussion with members of Football Ventures.

“Further to the announcement on the club website this afternoon, the BWFCST is appalled at the pricing of tickets for this coming Saturday's first home game of the season,” read a statement from the board.

“We are therefore issuing an immediate plea for you to reconsider the pricing structure as a matter of urgency before ticket sales commence at 9am tomorrow morning.

“We join with other BWFC fans groups in registering our dismay at this treatment of not only the BWFC fans, but also the visiting Coventry City supporters.

“The patience and loyalty of our club's amazing supporters, on show for all to see at Wycombe last Saturday, is being tested and disrespected yet again.

“Circumstances do alter cases and in the ongoing distressed situation at our club, we would ask that you reconsider pricing. Surely a maximum level not exceeding £20 for full price ticketing would encourage the support in numbers that the name of Bolton Wanderers deserves?

“We would also ask you to reconsider allowing sales on the day and we are at a loss to understand why this facility is being denied to supporters.

“We hope that you will reconsider and treat the supporters of both clubs with more respect than is currently on show.”

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17822664.know-delayed-bolton-v-coventry-ci

"The final say went to an external management company associated with Nick Mason, the Pink Floyd drummer, and known business partner of Sharon Brittan".

Bury have been given 14 days to avoid being expelled from the EFL after having their Carabao Cup tie with Sheffield Wednesday suspended.

The EFL previously called off Bury's games against MK Dons and Accrington.

The League One club had been given a deadline of Wednesday to show the EFL a plan to pay off outstanding creditors.

But after not providing "the clarity required" they have now had a third game suspended and given two weeks to meet the EFL's insolvency policy.

"Despite continued efforts, regular communication and dialogue with [Bury chairman] Mr Steve Dale and his team, the required evidence has not been forthcoming," EFL executive chair Debbie Jevans said.

"Albeit regretfully, the board has been left with no choice but to take the action it has."

The EFL said they would continue to work "constructively with the club and Mr Dale" to obtain the details required to avoid calling off further fixtures.

BBC Radio Manchester have contacted Bury for comment.

Financially-troubled Bury's first-round match against the Owls had been due to take place at Hillsborough on Tuesday, 13 August.

The club have already been given a 12-point deduction for the season after entering into a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) - which is classed as an insolvency event by the EFL - to try to clear some of their debts.

The Shakers saw a winding-up petition against them dismissed by the High Court on 31 July, while Dale claimed the EFL were "working against" them, to which Jevans later said that the league was "not standing in the way" of the club's survival.

The EFL had previously issued the club with a withdrawal of membership notice - which was itself suspended since 25 July. But this has now been lifted, with the Shakers given until 23 August to prove their financial viability or face expulsion.

Bury, who won promotion from League Two last season, have also previously been referred to an independent disciplinary panel after their opening-day fixture against MK Dons was suspended.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49280328

Bury & Bolton on 21:17 - Aug 8 with 129 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 16:38 - Aug 8 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Bury have been given 14 days to avoid being expelled from the EFL after having their Carabao Cup tie with Sheffield Wednesday suspended.

The EFL previously called off Bury's games against MK Dons and Accrington.

The League One club had been given a deadline of Wednesday to show the EFL a plan to pay off outstanding creditors.

But after not providing "the clarity required" they have now had a third game suspended and given two weeks to meet the EFL's insolvency policy.

"Despite continued efforts, regular communication and dialogue with [Bury chairman] Mr Steve Dale and his team, the required evidence has not been forthcoming," EFL executive chair Debbie Jevans said.

"Albeit regretfully, the board has been left with no choice but to take the action it has."

The EFL said they would continue to work "constructively with the club and Mr Dale" to obtain the details required to avoid calling off further fixtures.

BBC Radio Manchester have contacted Bury for comment.

Financially-troubled Bury's first-round match against the Owls had been due to take place at Hillsborough on Tuesday, 13 August.

The club have already been given a 12-point deduction for the season after entering into a company voluntary arrangement (CVA) - which is classed as an insolvency event by the EFL - to try to clear some of their debts.

The Shakers saw a winding-up petition against them dismissed by the High Court on 31 July, while Dale claimed the EFL were "working against" them, to which Jevans later said that the league was "not standing in the way" of the club's survival.

The EFL had previously issued the club with a withdrawal of membership notice - which was itself suspended since 25 July. But this has now been lifted, with the Shakers given until 23 August to prove their financial viability or face expulsion.

Bury, who won promotion from League Two last season, have also previously been referred to an independent disciplinary panel after their opening-day fixture against MK Dons was suspended.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49280328

Bolton Wanderers' takeover by Football Ventures has been suspended after Laurence Bassini, who previously tried to buy the club, was awarded a court order blocking the sale.

Bolton's joint administrator Paul Appleton said on Thursday that the sale had been "on the brink of completion".

The consortium's head, Sharon Brittan, watched the club's opening game of the season at Wycombe on Saturday.

The League One club entered administration in May.

"It is with a combination of outrage and disgust that I have to inform Bolton fans that the deal to sell the club has been temporarily suspended in the last hour," said Appleton.

"Despite a long and hugely complex process of negotiation, we were finally on the brink of completion this afternoon when Bassini's order was served.

"Our lawyers are now in conversation with Counsel in a bid to overturn the order immediately."

EFL 'extremely frustrated'

The English Football League said: "We are extremely frustrated by this late development with the deal so close to completion, and our focus must remain firmly on ensuring the long-term future of the football club.

"The league is not a party to the proceedings and we are currently liaising with the administrators of the club to understand the full extent of any implications to the proposed transfer of assets."

Just three contracted senior outfield players travelled to Bolton's first game at Wycombe, as eight players made their club debuts in a 2-0 loss.

After that game, manager Phil Parkinson said the takeover of the club could "not come soon enough" to help his side compete in League One this season.

On Wednesday, Bolton halted ticket sales for their first League One home game of the 2019-20 campaign, which is scheduled to be against Coventry City on Saturday, 10 August.

Tickets were due to go on sale at 09:00 BST on Wednesday but as yet none have been sold - and no season tickets have been made available for purchase either.

Why is Bassini blocking the sale?

In 2013, Bassini was given a three-year ban from being involved in a position of authority with any EFL club.

The former Watford owner initially agreed a deal to buy Bolton in April, only for his purchase to eventually fall through in May.

His intended takeover was originally announced on 17 April, but Bolton owner Ken Anderson said later that month that if Bassini did not provide proof of funds he would explore other options.

When that did not happen, a summer of uncertainty followed at the University of Bolton Stadium, as some players went five months without being paid.

Bolton's first game of the season was under threat of suspension, before the EFL said on 30 July that Wanderers had "met the requirements of the league, subject to the completion of formal documentation" to show their financial viability.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49286229

Bury & Bolton on 21:27 - Aug 8 with 125 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Bury & Bolton on 21:17 - Aug 8 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Bolton Wanderers' takeover by Football Ventures has been suspended after Laurence Bassini, who previously tried to buy the club, was awarded a court order blocking the sale.

Bolton's joint administrator Paul Appleton said on Thursday that the sale had been "on the brink of completion".

The consortium's head, Sharon Brittan, watched the club's opening game of the season at Wycombe on Saturday.

The League One club entered administration in May.

"It is with a combination of outrage and disgust that I have to inform Bolton fans that the deal to sell the club has been temporarily suspended in the last hour," said Appleton.

"Despite a long and hugely complex process of negotiation, we were finally on the brink of completion this afternoon when Bassini's order was served.

"Our lawyers are now in conversation with Counsel in a bid to overturn the order immediately."

EFL 'extremely frustrated'

The English Football League said: "We are extremely frustrated by this late development with the deal so close to completion, and our focus must remain firmly on ensuring the long-term future of the football club.

"The league is not a party to the proceedings and we are currently liaising with the administrators of the club to understand the full extent of any implications to the proposed transfer of assets."

Just three contracted senior outfield players travelled to Bolton's first game at Wycombe, as eight players made their club debuts in a 2-0 loss.

After that game, manager Phil Parkinson said the takeover of the club could "not come soon enough" to help his side compete in League One this season.

On Wednesday, Bolton halted ticket sales for their first League One home game of the 2019-20 campaign, which is scheduled to be against Coventry City on Saturday, 10 August.

Tickets were due to go on sale at 09:00 BST on Wednesday but as yet none have been sold - and no season tickets have been made available for purchase either.

Why is Bassini blocking the sale?

In 2013, Bassini was given a three-year ban from being involved in a position of authority with any EFL club.

The former Watford owner initially agreed a deal to buy Bolton in April, only for his purchase to eventually fall through in May.

His intended takeover was originally announced on 17 April, but Bolton owner Ken Anderson said later that month that if Bassini did not provide proof of funds he would explore other options.

When that did not happen, a summer of uncertainty followed at the University of Bolton Stadium, as some players went five months without being paid.

Bolton's first game of the season was under threat of suspension, before the EFL said on 30 July that Wanderers had "met the requirements of the league, subject to the completion of formal documentation" to show their financial viability.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49286229

It's a complete and utter shambles.

Quite apart from the impact on Bolton fans, it's not fair on Coventry fans who might be planning to go to this game.

We should find out (allegedly) who the preferred bidder for the hotel is tomorrow. If its not FV, there will be further ructions.

Bury & Bolton on 22:41 - Aug 8 with 116 viewsspell_chekker

Bury & Bolton on 21:27 - Aug 8 by basilrobbiereborn

It's a complete and utter shambles.

Quite apart from the impact on Bolton fans, it's not fair on Coventry fans who might be planning to go to this game.

We should find out (allegedly) who the preferred bidder for the hotel is tomorrow. If its not FV, there will be further ructions.

It's a right old carry on:

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Bury & Bolton on 23:00 - Aug 8 with 111 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 22:41 - Aug 8 by spell_chekker

It's a right old carry on:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024