Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury & Bolton 13:03 - Jul 19 with 3387 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury are to be deducted 12 points by the English Football League after the club's creditors approved a rescue plan to clear some of the Shakers' debts.

Shakers owner Steve Dale put forward a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) proposal in June which would see the club's football creditors paid in full.

Unsecured creditors, including HMRC, will be paid 25% of the money owed.

A CVA qualifies as an "insolvency event" under EFL rules but the League One club have seven days to appeal.

In a statement issued on Thursday, Dale said the CVA would mean the club's "future is secured".

He said: "We have worked tirelessly to achieve the result today whilst taking a lot of flak.

"Some might say our methods were questionable but we can all pass comment with hindsight, my job was to save Bury FC and that's done. We have other hurdles but the main one is complete."

Meanwhile, CVA nominee Steven Wiseglass said the agreement "hopefully secures a brighter future" for the Shakers.

"The agreement means the club avoids going into administration or liquidation, and it provides a degree of financial certainty in that its historic debts will be dealt with," Wiseglass added.

The deduction means Bury join local rivals Bolton Wanderers in starting the season on -12 points after the Trotters went into administration in May.

Bury are due to reappear in the High Court later in July after a winding-up petition brought by HM Revenue & Customs over an unpaid tax bill was adjourned for a third time.

The Shakers are looking for new ownership after Dale put the club up for sale in April.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49034775

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Bury & Bolton on 22:35 - Aug 27 with 385 viewsROTTWEILERS

Bury & Bolton on 21:43 - Aug 27 by ROTTWEILERS

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Bury & Bolton on 23:06 - Aug 27 with 376 viewsLala

Bury & Bolton on 22:35 - Aug 27 by ROTTWEILERS

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Bury & Bolton on 23:14 - Aug 27 with 371 viewsROTTWEILERS

Bury & Bolton on 23:06 - Aug 27 by Lala

Expelled from the league - just officially announced

Bury & Bolton on 23:19 - Aug 27 with 363 viewsspell_chekker

Bury & Bolton on 23:14 - Aug 27 by ROTTWEILERS

Expelled from the league - just officially announced

Oh dear.

I wouldn't wish that on a fan especially after what happened at Blackpool.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Bury & Bolton on 23:22 - Aug 27 with 366 viewsLala

Bury & Bolton on 23:19 - Aug 27 by spell_chekker

Oh dear.

I wouldn't wish that on a fan especially after what happened at Blackpool.

Very sad indeed.

Bury & Bolton on 00:11 - Aug 28 with 357 viewsspell_chekker

Bury was 2 years older than Blackpool FC.

Founded in 1885.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Bury & Bolton on 00:12 - Aug 28 with 359 viewsvoyeur

Bury & Bolton on 23:22 - Aug 27 by Lala

Very sad indeed.

Very good David Conn article...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/27/bury-historic-club-football-lea

I am a nutter. I come from the sea.

Bury & Bolton on 00:44 - Aug 28 with 353 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 00:12 - Aug 28 by voyeur

Very good David Conn article...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/27/bury-historic-club-football-lea

Shocking about Bury. That Dale is a scumbag.

Bolton farce to go on for another 14 days. Even though the Admins said they would run out of money to fund the club on Wednesday.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Login to get fewer ads

Bury & Bolton on 08:56 - Aug 28 with 339 viewsjanegallagher

Bury & Bolton on 00:44 - Aug 28 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Shocking about Bury. That Dale is a scumbag.

Bolton farce to go on for another 14 days. Even though the Admins said they would run out of money to fund the club on Wednesday.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Bury & Bolton on 11:23 - Aug 28 with 327 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 08:56 - Aug 28 by janegallagher

Bury captain and former Blackpool player Neil Danns says lives have been destroyed by the Shakers' expulsion from the EFL.

Bury owner Steve Dale had been given until 5pm on Tuesday to come up with a plan for paying the club's debts and funding them going forward or sell them to someone who can.

It had been hoped that C&N Sporting Risk would be the answer but the London-based firm pulled out of the deal 90 minutes before the deadline, citing concerns over the club's confusing debt structure.

The EFL subsequently decided to withdraw Bury's membership, which will almost certainly result in the 134-year-old club facing liquidation.

“You’ve destroyed lives," Danns said to Dale, speaking to TALKsport. “I would say look what you’ve done.

“This should never have happened. If you thought you could not move this club forward in a positive way you should never have taken over because you’ve literally destroyed lives, because that’s what this football club meant to so many fans.

“When you see the devastation of the fans I just think I have to say something.

“It’s unbelievable. I still can’t believe it.

“We have been in as normal, training. I don’t think anyone really believed that this was going to happen.

“We were just preparing every single week as though the next game was going to be on, the next game was going to be on.

“For it to happen so suddenly, it’s still really unbelievable. For a club with so much history and that has added so much to the league, for it to just be gone like that is just unimaginable.

“I’ve come to have a special bond with the fans and created some amazing memories, especially last year (when Bury won promotion from League Two).

“At this moment in time I just feel for them the most because you have got people who have been going to the game for years. It’s like every story, you go to the game with your Grandad, your Mum, your Dad, your brothers, it’s such a community. It means so much to people.

“For me, it’s starting to hit me harder because I have got young sons myself. I know what it is like to take them to watch my boyhood team Liverpool and the bond that gives us. To see that taken away from future fans is just devastating.

“Football brings not just football on the pitch but it is so much more than that. This whole situation just does not feel real.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/bury-captain-and-

Bury & Bolton on 18:34 - Aug 28 with 311 viewsjanegallagher

Bury & Bolton on 11:23 - Aug 28 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Bury captain and former Blackpool player Neil Danns says lives have been destroyed by the Shakers' expulsion from the EFL.

Bury owner Steve Dale had been given until 5pm on Tuesday to come up with a plan for paying the club's debts and funding them going forward or sell them to someone who can.

It had been hoped that C&N Sporting Risk would be the answer but the London-based firm pulled out of the deal 90 minutes before the deadline, citing concerns over the club's confusing debt structure.

The EFL subsequently decided to withdraw Bury's membership, which will almost certainly result in the 134-year-old club facing liquidation.

“You’ve destroyed lives," Danns said to Dale, speaking to TALKsport. “I would say look what you’ve done.

“This should never have happened. If you thought you could not move this club forward in a positive way you should never have taken over because you’ve literally destroyed lives, because that’s what this football club meant to so many fans.

“When you see the devastation of the fans I just think I have to say something.

“It’s unbelievable. I still can’t believe it.

“We have been in as normal, training. I don’t think anyone really believed that this was going to happen.

“We were just preparing every single week as though the next game was going to be on, the next game was going to be on.

“For it to happen so suddenly, it’s still really unbelievable. For a club with so much history and that has added so much to the league, for it to just be gone like that is just unimaginable.

“I’ve come to have a special bond with the fans and created some amazing memories, especially last year (when Bury won promotion from League Two).

“At this moment in time I just feel for them the most because you have got people who have been going to the game for years. It’s like every story, you go to the game with your Grandad, your Mum, your Dad, your brothers, it’s such a community. It means so much to people.

“For me, it’s starting to hit me harder because I have got young sons myself. I know what it is like to take them to watch my boyhood team Liverpool and the bond that gives us. To see that taken away from future fans is just devastating.

“Football brings not just football on the pitch but it is so much more than that. This whole situation just does not feel real.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/bury-captain-and-

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Bury & Bolton on 18:42 - Aug 28 with 309 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bolton Wanderers' survival has been secured after Football Ventures (Whites) Limited completed its protracted takeover of the club.

Administrators had warned that the club could be placed into liquidation on Wednesday without a finalised takeover.

It looked to have collapsed on Monday, leading to bleak warnings about the future of the 145-year-old club.

"I'm delighted we've finally reached a satisfactory conclusion with the sale," said joint administrator Paul Appleton.

"I have every sympathy for the staff, players and fans who have been forced to stand by while their club was taken to the brink. I am delighted their loyalty, dedication and patience have finally been rewarded."

On Tuesday, the English Football League gave Bolton 14 days to complete a deal or face expulsion from the EFL.

Bury became the first club to be expelled from the EFL for 27 years on Tuesday, after a takeover bid fell through just before the EFL's deadline.

As a result of the takeover Bolton are now out of administration, with their place in the EFL no longer under threat.

"These past few months have undoubtedly been challenging and, at times, fraught - never more so in the past few days - and I would like to thank all parties for their efforts in achieving the desired outcome," said EFL executive chair Debbie Jevans.

'Anderson hampered and frustrated deal'
In a Bolton statement, Appleton was critical of the club's former owner Ken Anderson, who he said was responsible for the deal initially collapsing on Monday.

"This says much about the determination of the Eddie Davies Trust not to allow his beloved Bolton Wanderers to suffer any longer at the hands of Ken Anderson," Appleton said.

"Sadly, Mr Anderson has used his position as a secured creditor to hamper and frustrate any deal that did not benefit him or suit his purposes.

"Thankfully, with the assistance of the Trust and others, we were able to overcome this obstacle."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48906359

Bury & Bolton on 18:43 - Aug 28 with 309 viewsROTTWEILERS

Bury & Bolton on 18:34 - Aug 28 by janegallagher

Shame we've not already played them

Bury & Bolton on 20:28 - Aug 28 with 303 viewsspell_chekker

Bury & Bolton on 21:46 - Jul 30 by ROTTWEILERS

Every credit to the chairman for that rant. I've always had a gut feeling that Bury would be the one out of them and Bolton that 'gets it' from EFL. They always come down heavier on soft targets.

It was a decent rant but ultimately forlorn.

Bury & Bolton on 12:33 - Aug 29 with 293 viewsspell_chekker

Bury & Bolton on 20:28 - Aug 28 by spell_chekker

It was a decent rant but ultimately forlorn.

What on earth is going on?

Surely the EFL won't backtrack and reinstate Bury?

"An international consortium has £7m in the bank and is ready to complete a takeover of Bury, if the EFL agrees to reinstate the club"

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11774/11796315/bury-consortium-has-7m-to

Bury & Bolton on 13:56 - Aug 29 with 279 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 12:33 - Aug 29 by spell_chekker

What on earth is going on?

Surely the EFL won't backtrack and reinstate Bury?

"An international consortium has £7m in the bank and is ready to complete a takeover of Bury, if the EFL agrees to reinstate the club"

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11774/11796315/bury-consortium-has-7m-to

Can't see it happening. Also really don't want Dale or his daughter's partner to make a penny.

Bury & Bolton on 17:36 - Aug 29 with 272 viewsspell_chekker

Bury FC club statement:

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/bury-fc-club-statement/

Bury FC Club Statement

Everyone connected with Bury Football Club were shocked, and disappointed with the EFL’s decision to expel this wonderful, historic, community driven Club from the Football league. This decision was taken despite a credible new bidder being made aware to them before Tuesday’s 5pm deadline.

Given this, all staff, players and no doubt fans of Bury Football Club are utterly devastated that despite the new bid to buy the Club, the EFL have informed us that they will not be rescinding their decision.

This is something we are struggling to comprehend as the new bidder has proven significant funds to the EFL, funds to allow them to takeover, run and secure the long-term future of Bury Football Club. Everyone at the Club believed that such were the capabilities of the potential new owner, this would’ve started a brand new era for the Club, seeing it go from strength to strength.

The extreme lack of communication from the EFL has left all involved with Bury Football Club astonished and in dismay.

As a Club, we are still pursuing other options, based on the outcome of where the EFL place us. Again, we would like to reiterate that the lack of communication from the EFL has been nothing short of dismal throughout this process.

Thank you to all the supporters for staying patient with us while we try to provide you with updates as frequently as possible.

All of us here at Bury Football Club have been thoroughly overwhelmed with the floods of support we have received from other football clubs, ex-players, fans of other football clubs and everyone else in the industry. We are truly grateful for all your thoughtful messages, proving once again the brilliance of the football family.

Bury & Bolton on 17:04 - Aug 30 with 260 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 17:36 - Aug 29 by spell_chekker

Bury FC club statement:

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/bury-fc-club-statement/

Bury FC Club Statement

Everyone connected with Bury Football Club were shocked, and disappointed with the EFL’s decision to expel this wonderful, historic, community driven Club from the Football league. This decision was taken despite a credible new bidder being made aware to them before Tuesday’s 5pm deadline.

Given this, all staff, players and no doubt fans of Bury Football Club are utterly devastated that despite the new bid to buy the Club, the EFL have informed us that they will not be rescinding their decision.

This is something we are struggling to comprehend as the new bidder has proven significant funds to the EFL, funds to allow them to takeover, run and secure the long-term future of Bury Football Club. Everyone at the Club believed that such were the capabilities of the potential new owner, this would’ve started a brand new era for the Club, seeing it go from strength to strength.

The extreme lack of communication from the EFL has left all involved with Bury Football Club astonished and in dismay.

As a Club, we are still pursuing other options, based on the outcome of where the EFL place us. Again, we would like to reiterate that the lack of communication from the EFL has been nothing short of dismal throughout this process.

Thank you to all the supporters for staying patient with us while we try to provide you with updates as frequently as possible.

All of us here at Bury Football Club have been thoroughly overwhelmed with the floods of support we have received from other football clubs, ex-players, fans of other football clubs and everyone else in the industry. We are truly grateful for all your thoughtful messages, proving once again the brilliance of the football family.

Ryan Lowe opens up on life as Bury manager: Over-ambition, alarm bells, promotion

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11796679/ryan-lowe-opens-up-on-lif

Bury expelled from EFL: Shakers threaten league with legal action

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49526433

Bury & Bolton on 19:17 - Aug 30 with 248 viewsspell_chekker

Bury & Bolton on 17:04 - Aug 30 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Ryan Lowe opens up on life as Bury manager: Over-ambition, alarm bells, promotion

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11796679/ryan-lowe-opens-up-on-lif

Bury expelled from EFL: Shakers threaten league with legal action

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49526433

I hope they sue the A-hole off them.

Bury & Bolton on 08:33 - Aug 31 with 234 viewsROTTWEILERS

Bury & Bolton on 19:17 - Aug 30 by spell_chekker

I hope they sue the A-hole off them.

[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 8:37]

Bury & Bolton on 10:08 - Aug 31 with 216 viewsLala

Bury & Bolton on 08:33 - Aug 31 by ROTTWEILERS

[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 8:37]

Just so sad 😞

Bury & Bolton on 10:39 - Aug 31 with 214 viewsROTTWEILERS

Bury & Bolton on 10:08 - Aug 31 by Lala

Just so sad 😞

Too little too late imo. Credit to us, we were very militant.

Bury & Bolton on 16:42 - Sep 4 with 192 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bury & Bolton on 10:39 - Aug 31 by ROTTWEILERS

Too little too late imo. Credit to us, we were very militant.

In response to recent commentary about the future of Bury FC, the EFL Board would like to provide clarification on a number of relevant points and address suggestions that the Club should be admitted to EFL League Two for the 2020-21 season.

The EFL Board reached the decision to withdraw Bury FC’s membership in accordance with the Articles of Association as adopted by the EFL and all member clubs. With regret, this action was taken in the absence of evidence of Bury FC’s ability to meet its financial commitments, whether by the current ownership or any other credible buyer for the Club. Withdrawal of membership was a consequence of severe financial problems at Bury FC over an extended period of time, which had recently led to an insolvency event and a 12-point deduction.

The Board recognises the efforts being made by supporters’ groups, local authorities and political leaders and their desire for Bury FC to re-enter the EFL from the 2020-21 season. However, the only established procedure for entry to the EFL is through promotion from the National League as part of the wider football pyramid. There is no precedent for a Club to enter the EFL directly through an application for admission or readmission following withdrawal of membership.

In the current circumstances, the process by which a former EFL Club would obtain re-entry to the league system in England is via an application to the Football Association. On consideration of that application, the FA would determine the appropriate League for entry, subject to them meeting the relevant entry requirements of that League.

Notwithstanding the above, and in acknowledgement of the extreme nature of the problems at Bury FC, the EFL Board had agreed it is appropriate to discuss the matter with member Clubs. This is a complex situation that raises questions of due process, precedent and fairness as well as financial implications. The EFL will consult with its Clubs over the coming weeks.

Prior to formal consideration by any league competition of an eventual application from Bury FC to return to league football, clear evidence would be required of the Club’s financial viability and its ability to fulfil its ongoing commitments.

The EFL hopes that this statement provides clarity for the current efforts being made on behalf of Bury FC.

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/september/efl-statement-bury-fc/

Bury & Bolton on 21:09 - Sep 4 with 178 viewsspell_chekker

Bury & Bolton on 16:42 - Sep 4 by BringBackTheRedRoom

In response to recent commentary about the future of Bury FC, the EFL Board would like to provide clarification on a number of relevant points and address suggestions that the Club should be admitted to EFL League Two for the 2020-21 season.

The EFL Board reached the decision to withdraw Bury FC’s membership in accordance with the Articles of Association as adopted by the EFL and all member clubs. With regret, this action was taken in the absence of evidence of Bury FC’s ability to meet its financial commitments, whether by the current ownership or any other credible buyer for the Club. Withdrawal of membership was a consequence of severe financial problems at Bury FC over an extended period of time, which had recently led to an insolvency event and a 12-point deduction.

The Board recognises the efforts being made by supporters’ groups, local authorities and political leaders and their desire for Bury FC to re-enter the EFL from the 2020-21 season. However, the only established procedure for entry to the EFL is through promotion from the National League as part of the wider football pyramid. There is no precedent for a Club to enter the EFL directly through an application for admission or readmission following withdrawal of membership.

In the current circumstances, the process by which a former EFL Club would obtain re-entry to the league system in England is via an application to the Football Association. On consideration of that application, the FA would determine the appropriate League for entry, subject to them meeting the relevant entry requirements of that League.

Notwithstanding the above, and in acknowledgement of the extreme nature of the problems at Bury FC, the EFL Board had agreed it is appropriate to discuss the matter with member Clubs. This is a complex situation that raises questions of due process, precedent and fairness as well as financial implications. The EFL will consult with its Clubs over the coming weeks.

Prior to formal consideration by any league competition of an eventual application from Bury FC to return to league football, clear evidence would be required of the Club’s financial viability and its ability to fulfil its ongoing commitments.

The EFL hopes that this statement provides clarity for the current efforts being made on behalf of Bury FC.

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/september/efl-statement-bury-fc/

I'd say it's the northern premier league for them if they're lucky, and not the national league north.

Like that, at least they can rebuild and move up at the same time, so gaining momentum.

No way for L2.

Bury & Bolton on 20:38 - Sep 5 with 166 viewsImperial

Bury & Bolton on 21:09 - Sep 4 by spell_chekker

I'd say it's the northern premier league for them if they're lucky, and not the national league north.

Like that, at least they can rebuild and move up at the same time, so gaining momentum.

No way for L2.

Would you have said that if it was us Spell. The supporters are not to blame yet they suffer.

There are at least six further clubs who could be in the same position by the seasons end. All football fans need to support Bury in their plight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024