Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A day that will live in infamy 20:50 - Jul 21 with 31816 viewscolinallcars

So, it looks like Boris Johnson will be named as next PM tomorrow. This country has hit rock bottom. If you think Theresa May was the worst, then think again.
A day that will live in infamy on 14:02 - Jul 24 with 1380 viewsNorthernr

A day that will live in infamy on 13:57 - Jul 24 by Toast_R

Well I hope he keeps his pledge on Super fast fiber broadband into every household. Mine is sh*te. I'd vote Tory if he sorts that out and I can finally ditch the evil that is Virgin Media.

We have super fast fiber broadband now.
It works like this...
- Man comes round and fiddles with the router, speed goes through the roof.
- Over the course of the next three months, speed slowly drains away, getting steadily worse every day.
- Three months down the line, Simmo and I try and stream a QPR match onto the TV, by which point the speed is barely dial up and we miss most of the game.
- Do a speed test on the Sky website, they say there's a problem and a man will come.
- Three days later, man comes.
A day that will live in infamy on 14:08 - Jul 24 with 1355 viewsRangersw12

A day that will live in infamy on 12:10 - Jul 24 by Rs_Holy

ive changed my mind from the original vote in 2016... rare I know but there are a few of us about.

Same here

I would vote differently in another ref
A day that will live in infamy on 14:22 - Jul 24 with 1326 viewsbaldyoldgit

A day that will live in infamy on 14:08 - Jul 24 by Rangersw12

Same here

I would vote differently in another ref

which way?
A day that will live in infamy on 14:23 - Jul 24 with 1323 viewsRangersw12

A day that will live in infamy on 14:22 - Jul 24 by baldyoldgit

which way?

I would now vote remain
A day that will live in infamy on 14:38 - Jul 24 with 1291 viewsFDC

A day that will live in infamy on 14:23 - Jul 24 by Rangersw12

I would now vote remain

Well I might vote the other way just to spite the #FBPEs . So we both might as well stay home and put our feet up.

A day that will live in infamy on 14:41 - Jul 24 with 1281 viewsMick_S

A day that will live in infamy on 14:38 - Jul 24 by FDC

Well I might vote the other way just to spite the #FBPEs . So we both might as well stay home and put our feet up.

Yellow t-shirt - you've got it boy.

He's got the moo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hooves like Jagger.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 14:52]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

A day that will live in infamy on 14:42 - Jul 24 with 1275 viewsrunningman75

I voted remain holding my nose as hated the leave campaigns xenophobia. I would usually have voted Labour. 5 million Labour voters voted leave and Brexit has become the dominant issue in the last few years. I would want to see the dominant issue as austerity. I am not a massive support of those strong remainers such as Tony Blair, John Major and Labour need to write an alternative manifesto in terms of economics in the post Brexit world.
A day that will live in infamy on 14:45 - Jul 24 with 1264 viewsFDC

A day that will live in infamy on 14:41 - Jul 24 by Mick_S

Yellow t-shirt - you've got it boy.

He's got the moo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hooves like Jagger.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 14:52]

The #FBPE grouping is such a weird coalition of absolute wallies and rabid centrists. The most self-defeating political 'movement' imaginable, and more responsible for the impending no deal Brexit than anyone else.
Login to get fewer ads

A day that will live in infamy on 14:45 - Jul 24 with 2096 viewsToast_R

A day that will live in infamy on 14:02 - Jul 24 by Northernr

We have super fast fiber broadband now.
It works like this...
- Over the course of the next three months, speed slowly drains away, getting steadily worse every day.
- Three months down the line, Simmo and I try and stream a QPR match onto the TV, by which point the speed is barely dial up and we miss most of the game.
- Do a speed test on the Sky website, they say there's a problem and a man will come.
- Three days later, man comes.

Virgin Media do this to me and the engineer admitted that the problem is - in my area it's either Virgin Media or dial up equivalent speeds with the original BT line installed in 1923. So VM are over subscribed big time and there isn't enough infrastructure to provide the promised speeds to everyone. All they do is go to their junction box up the road and move your connection up the pecking order. Once your at the top your getting 200 plus mbps but sure enough, as other people in the area complain, your connection in their box plummets like QPR's form last season until you make that call again.
A day that will live in infamy on 14:49 - Jul 24 with 2092 viewsNorthernr

A day that will live in infamy on 14:45 - Jul 24 by Toast_R

Virgin Media do this to me and the engineer admitted that the problem is - in my area it's either Virgin Media or dial up equivalent speeds with the original BT line installed in 1923. So VM are over subscribed big time and there isn't enough infrastructure to provide the promised speeds to everyone. All they do is go to their junction box up the road and move your connection up the pecking order. Once your at the top your getting 200 plus mbps but sure enough, as other people in the area complain, your connection in their box plummets like QPR's form last season until you make that call again.

Yeh, Jeff explained this to me at Oxford on Saturday and said this was what was happening.
A day that will live in infamy on 15:13 - Jul 24 with 2026 viewsBoston

A day that will live in infamy on 10:26 - Jul 23 by Maggsinho

To be fair the country voted him out the first opportunity they got in 1945 so he wasn't that popular then.

True, but they voted him back in six years later.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

A day that will live in infamy on 15:18 - Jul 24 with 2017 viewsbaldyoldgit

A day that will live in infamy on 14:45 - Jul 24 by FDC

The #FBPE grouping is such a weird coalition of absolute wallies and rabid centrists. The most self-defeating political 'movement' imaginable, and more responsible for the impending no deal Brexit than anyone else.

you've mispelt "momentum" there.

Are you suggesting EU insisted on the backstop because of FBPE?

Or Boris/Mogg/Corbyn/Francois/Hannan/Milne/etc. are mad, mad keen on No Deal because of FBPE?

How many MPs voting on this crap have FBPE on their twitter?

Genuinely interested in your thought process here. Hope its not just "that shouty bloke in the hat is a bit annoying therefore anti-no dealers are fecking Beelzebub!"

Austerity is killing this country and vulnerable people. I've voted Labour for 34 years and what the hard left have done to facilitate the likes of Mogg/Gove/et fecking al is sickening. Labour should be helping these people not screwing them over for their votes.
A day that will live in infamy on 15:37 - Jul 24 with 1968 viewsstowmarketrange

A day that will live in infamy on 14:45 - Jul 24 by FDC

They had their chance to fb in 2016.Just because a lot of them couldn’t be bothered to get out and vote,that’s tough.
A day that will live in infamy on 18:55 - Jul 24 with 1843 viewsqpr1976

A day that will live in infamy on 08:11 - Jul 24 by qpr1976

Equally, no one forces anyone to read all posts or subjects.
Everyone can decide to swerve if they so desire.

However, I take your point a out going round in circles and shall add no further.

Besides, we have much to look forward to. Ashes, getting a Striker, an Ice cold beer in 30+ degrees, etc.

Get me, I say Striker incoming, and low & behold.... Hat makes me ITK !
Just enjoying a cold one now.
A day that will live in infamy on 19:58 - Jul 24 with 1782 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A day that will live in infamy on 15:18 - Jul 24 by baldyoldgit

Or Boris/Mogg/Corbyn/Francois/Hannan/Milne/etc. are mad, mad keen on No Deal because of FBPE?

Genuinely interested in your thought process here. Hope its not just "that shouty bloke in the hat is a bit annoying therefore anti-no dealers are fecking Beelzebub!"

Austerity is killing this country and vulnerable people. I've voted Labour for 34 years and what the hard left have done to facilitate the likes of Mogg/Gove/et fecking al is sickening. Labour should be helping these people not screwing them over for their votes.

Can you define hard left for me?

Are you absolutely sure that Milne and Corbyn voted Leave or did you just read it on Twitter?

My suggestion is to get yourself down to a Momentum meeting. Happy to set it up for you. You'll find no reds under the bed I promise. Just a load of old ladies and a handful of students.

As for the FPBE crowd i think this is what FDC is getting at:

[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 20:15]
A day that will live in infamy on 20:13 - Jul 24 with 1760 viewsBucksRanger

A day that will live in infamy on 19:58 - Jul 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Are you absolutely sure that Milne and Corbyn voted Leave or did you just read it on Twitter?

My suggestion is to get yourself down to a Momentum meeting. Happy to set it up for you. You'll find no reds under the bed I promise. Just a load of old ladies and a handful of students.

You sure that at the centre it isn't a substitute for the Militant Tendency and that the little old ladies aren't just a candy floss coating?
A day that will live in infamy on 20:17 - Jul 24 with 1753 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A day that will live in infamy on 20:13 - Jul 24 by BucksRanger

You sure that at the centre it isn't a substitute for the Militant Tendency and that the little old ladies aren't just a candy floss coating?

Well they have been hiding it from me lets put it that way.
A day that will live in infamy on 07:00 - Jul 25 with 1594 viewsJigsore

that's the cabinet announced then

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

A day that will live in infamy on 09:01 - Jul 25 with 1530 viewsElHoop

This was always looking like a catastrophe waiting to happen, and now the wait is over.
A day that will live in infamy on 09:29 - Jul 25 with 1494 viewsbaldyoldgit

A day that will live in infamy on 19:58 - Jul 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

hard left depends on your point of view. for me Corbyn is hard left (which is generally a good thing BTW). To my Mum Blair was hard left as she perceived him as unnecessarily throwing money at poor people/areas (despite her being one and living in one). To my Granddad Thatcher was a bit of a commie at times. So, no, I cant define Hard Left as I suspect yours will be different to mine and different again from some of the brexiters/rightwingnuts on this board.

No idea how Milne and Corbyn voted. It's every facilitating thing they've done since the vote which has made me give up on them. and, again, on the party I have voted for consistently for 34 years at every type of election.

I followed momentum on twitter for a while but gave up because of their constant whatboutism with everything to do with brexit while flatly refusing to address the elephant in the room. I'm sure at an individual level they are all smashing people. On a couple of the anti-brexit marches I've been on I've met up with a few FBPE'rs and they've all been lovely and certainly wouldn't recognise the type in the example you've attached.

the whole point of my post was that 'blaming' FBPE for our current situation is stupid. They have no power or direct influence on the situation. All they can do is shout, march and annoy - seemingly doing a sterling job of it too. I used to go on CND marches in the early 80s, not sure I can blame them for nuclear proliferation or the Cuban missile crisis though.
A day that will live in infamy on 09:46 - Jul 25 with 1481 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A day that will live in infamy on 09:29 - Jul 25 by baldyoldgit

hard left depends on your point of view. for me Corbyn is hard left (which is generally a good thing BTW). To my Mum Blair was hard left as she perceived him as unnecessarily throwing money at poor people/areas (despite her being one and living in one). To my Granddad Thatcher was a bit of a commie at times. So, no, I cant define Hard Left as I suspect yours will be different to mine and different again from some of the brexiters/rightwingnuts on this board.

No idea how Milne and Corbyn voted. It's every facilitating thing they've done since the vote which has made me give up on them. and, again, on the party I have voted for consistently for 34 years at every type of election.

I followed momentum on twitter for a while but gave up because of their constant whatboutism with everything to do with brexit while flatly refusing to address the elephant in the room. I'm sure at an individual level they are all smashing people. On a couple of the anti-brexit marches I've been on I've met up with a few FBPE'rs and they've all been lovely and certainly wouldn't recognise the type in the example you've attached.

the whole point of my post was that 'blaming' FBPE for our current situation is stupid. They have no power or direct influence on the situation. All they can do is shout, march and annoy - seemingly doing a sterling job of it too. I used to go on CND marches in the early 80s, not sure I can blame them for nuclear proliferation or the Cuban missile crisis though.

Well if you compare what Labour want to do with Germany or any of the Scandi countries you’ll find the manifesto mainstream.

People arn’t against Corbyn and Labour because of their policies, they are against the notion of his IRA/Hamas/Hezbollah/Iran bullshit.

I certainly don’t blame FBPE for the situation we’re in, but the venn diagram overlap between FBPE twitter crowd and the anti Corbyn crowd are exact. I think the FBPE thing was a case of the anti Corbyn tail wagging the pro EU dog.

As for Momentum and the EU, I was out on polling day and the lead up to polling day with my TU and Momentum full time staff and one of the Momentum MEP candidates Laura Parker who sadly only just missed out.

I voted Remain (by a fag paper) but am a massive critic of the EU. I and many others still went out in Momentum colours despite our reservations and campaigned hard for Labour candidates. I’ve Momentum have knocked on doors for Wes Streeting and Jess Phillips despite their opposition to anything to the left of Ghengis Khan. Momentum certainly worked harder than any Progress ‘activist’ who claims to own the pro EU campaign within Labour.

I think if you have voted Labour for 34 years you’ll see how engaged the membership is compared to the last 4 decades. This is down to Momentum.

My advice is to ignore Twitter as I presume you’d ignore the Daily Mail or the Times and judge Labour on its policy rather anything else.

As for the Whataboutism, how can anyone opposed to this shithouse government of 9 years not scrutinise their record? It’s what a campaigning group does.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 9:50]
A day that will live in infamy on 09:47 - Jul 25 with 1480 viewsrobith

I was mostly at peace with Johnson because I was steeling myself for the fight, but Patel has home secreatry, gooooooood lord

Leaving aside my vehement objections to the death penalty - didn't she get sacked for basically committing treason?
A day that will live in infamy on 09:55 - Jul 25 with 1470 viewsTacticalR

A day that will live in infamy on 09:47 - Jul 25 by robith

I was mostly at peace with Johnson because I was steeling myself for the fight, but Patel has home secreatry, gooooooood lord

Leaving aside my vehement objections to the death penalty - didn't she get sacked for basically committing treason?

If you wrap yourself in the cloak of patriotism you can get away with treason.

Air hostess clique

A day that will live in infamy on 10:51 - Jul 25 with 1437 viewsFDC

A day that will live in infamy on 15:18 - Jul 24 by baldyoldgit

BoG, it reads like your saying that only MPs with a vote in parliament have any influence or agency in this scenario? In which case, why the concern about Momentum? Except, in reality of course, extra-parliamentary pressure groups and campaigners _do_ have a lot of influence, by setting the narrative and pushing governments and MPs in a particular direction. We can look at Nigel Farage and UKIP as a prime example of this.

So what I'm saying is, the discourse around Brexit has been incredibly lacking in nuance and willingness to compromise, because of ultras on both sides. The most plausible alternative to a hard brexit was a soft Brexit, but that wasn't good enough apparently. Combined with this is strong impression given by the 2nd Ref / FBPE campaign that they regard leave votes as crass and stupid. The constant 'posh wallies waving EU flags' imagery such as in that post above doesn't help. Yes I'm sure they are all jolly nice chaps, but politically absolutely clueless. And it's these people, along with despised figures like Blair and Campbell that will be at the forefront of a 2nd ref, and that's why they will lose again. The Leave vote was a mixed constituency, but a lot of it was born out of anger at the status quo. Misdirected at the EU maybe, but anger none the less. A campaign that doesn't account for this will fail. All the FBPE crew want to talk about is buses and Russian influence etc.

It is also very much wrapped up in an anti-Corbyn campaign, which portrays any willingness to compromise over Brexit as evidence that Corbyn is actually desperate to leave the EU. If they'd instead spent three years trying to change hearts and minds maybe we'd be in a better situation. See your post as an example "Corbyn... mad on No Deal" - absolutely bonkers and without any evidence at all, Labour have brought a vote on a second ref to parliament on multiple occasions.

"The hard left... facilitate the likes of Mogg/Gove". Again, bonkers. As a member of what I assume you would call the Hard Left, with a wife and family who spends far too much of his time working to get Labour elected and these scum bags out of government, constantly up against the machinations of those who would rather see Corbyn fail than have a Labour government, it's hard not to take offence at this and to tell you get fcked frankly.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 10:58]
A day that will live in infamy on 10:52 - Jul 25 with 1432 viewsFDC

A day that will live in infamy on 11:07 - Jul 22 by FDC

Plenty of Labour MPs have made noises about supporting May's deal if it came back again, which combined with the opportunity to cause mischief for Corbyn could well mean Johnson could actually get essentially the same deal through and point to his success where May had failed.

He'd get absolutely mullered by the Tory right for it afterwards of course, and would likely call a general election. In fact all roads lead to a GE this year as far as I can see.

Well what do I know. That cabinet makes it fairly clear: Johnson has no intention of getting a deal, and is already in campaign mode for a GE on a No Deal manifesto.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024