Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence 00:17 - Jul 27 with 8837 viewsjoecooke

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 15:07 - Jul 28 with 2173 viewsAncoats_Blue

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 12:44 - Jul 28 by BFC1885

Crawley Town?
Forest Green Veggies?
Stevenage?
Class of 92 fc?

Next up could be exciting trips to the football hotspots like
Boring Wood?
FC Kirkham of the Fylde?
Solihull Moors?
Maidenhead?

Not really like for like changes are they?

Most of the traditional type clubs that are struggling are in the north or midlands and the upcoming clubs with money to burn are largely in the south, mirrors what is happening in the country in general I suppose
[Post edited 28 Jul 2019 12:57]

This’ll be an unpopular opinion but I don’t know if doing away with re election was such a good idea. I’d much rather play the likes of Stockport, Halifax, Wrexham, York, Notts County etc ( and Bury if they go non league) than a bank rolled non entity like Fleetwood, Crawley, Salford.

I know Dale - and bury - don’t have the biggest away followings but surely the 350-450 average following we bring to most clubs is better for the opposition than the double digit followings from the upstarts above.
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 15:28 - Jul 28 with 2139 viewsTVOS1907

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 15:07 - Jul 28 by Ancoats_Blue

This’ll be an unpopular opinion but I don’t know if doing away with re election was such a good idea. I’d much rather play the likes of Stockport, Halifax, Wrexham, York, Notts County etc ( and Bury if they go non league) than a bank rolled non entity like Fleetwood, Crawley, Salford.

I know Dale - and bury - don’t have the biggest away followings but surely the 350-450 average following we bring to most clubs is better for the opposition than the double digit followings from the upstarts above.

I'd agree, but those clubs you mentioned went out of the league on 'merit' (for want of a better word), while re-election was often a political or geographical decision.

I know someone from Barrow who says they were voted out in favour of Hereford purely because of Barrow's location. I imagine the same was true for Workington.

On the other hand, of course, Dale wouldn't be here today without re-election, although our six applications is considerably less than what some misinformed bury fans think it was when they keep dragging it up.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 21:22 - Jul 28 with 2008 viewsSandyman

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 15:28 - Jul 28 by TVOS1907

I'd agree, but those clubs you mentioned went out of the league on 'merit' (for want of a better word), while re-election was often a political or geographical decision.

I know someone from Barrow who says they were voted out in favour of Hereford purely because of Barrow's location. I imagine the same was true for Workington.

On the other hand, of course, Dale wouldn't be here today without re-election, although our six applications is considerably less than what some misinformed bury fans think it was when they keep dragging it up.

Not very good with numbers in BL9 are they ?

12 Noon.

Tick tock tick tock......
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 21:42 - Jul 28 with 1987 viewsTVOS1907

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 21:22 - Jul 28 by Sandyman

Not very good with numbers in BL9 are they ?

12 Noon.

Some of them are more concerned about whether 12 noon is 12am or 12pm than the relevance of the actual time!

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 22:10 - Jul 28 with 1948 viewsSandyman

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 21:42 - Jul 28 by TVOS1907

Some of them are more concerned about whether 12 noon is 12am or 12pm than the relevance of the actual time!

I was about to post "Really? On the point of expulsion from the EFL and that's what they come up with?" , in disbelief.

Seeing as it's bury fans, it IS believable that they can argue about which 12 O'clock it is as their club disappears from the horizon.

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 22:26 - Jul 28 with 1925 viewsTVOS1907

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 22:10 - Jul 28 by Sandyman

I was about to post "Really? On the point of expulsion from the EFL and that's what they come up with?" , in disbelief.

Seeing as it's bury fans, it IS believable that they can argue about which 12 O'clock it is as their club disappears from the horizon.

'pm' means 'post meridiem' ("after noon"), but it also includes midday as it's the start of the second half of the day which isn't the morning anymore.

Simple really.

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 11:17 - Jul 29 with 1727 viewsParkinsGimp

Its about time they did go out of existence , they have cheated for far too long. They cannot keep getting away with it, same for Bolton, but at least their fans are being a little more humble about their plight, not like the lot down the road.
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 08:09 - Jul 30 with 1597 viewsaleanddale

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 11:45 - Jul 27 by Shun

I’d care. I want them punished (to the point where they’re non-league for half a decade or so), but not to the point of oblivion.

Conference north!! Or one league lower!

But i agree with this.
Login to get fewer ads

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 18:24 - Jul 30 with 1375 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

There are a lot of fair comments in this thread and on the whole I agree with nearly all of them.
I don`t however see bury`s plight as a tragedy, except for the people who have lost out financially and could possibly go out of business. A tragedy is usually something that happens which could have been avoidable.
Grenfell was a tragedy, as was Hillsborough because of the loss of human life.
Bury`s plight however I see as a crime against football and the EFL are partly to blame for allowing the SD1&2 muppets to be in charge of a football club. It is time their due diligence as regards persons being fit and proper was overhauled, as it is clearly not fit for purpose.
SD1(Stuart Day) must have been wetting himself when he manged to offload, and even though he is probably still in business somewhere somehow, which is another crime.

SD2(Steve Dale) has said this afternoon that the EFL are working against them! What planet is this guy on? The EFL have bent over backwards to accommodate the club and have continually postponed deadlines to give them more time to come up with a rescue package.
They don`t deserve any more time and with the HMRC meeting due tomorrow I can see that being the final nail in the coffin, as they have never ever previously accepted anything less than the full 100% owed by football clubs, even though it has been quoted that they have accepted 25%. I personally think that is BS.
He was quoted as saying he didn`t realise the financial situation at BFC was as bad as it turned out to be. He could have asked any Dale fan (or bury fan tbf) and he would have been told to stay well clear if he had any sense.
Obviously the current owner is as thick as two very short dense pieces of timber and he deservesw to lose a fortune just for being a bloody idiot. He should also be sued for bring the name of Dale into disrepute!

I would be sorry to see either Bolton or Bury go under, but you cannot keep screwing up peoples livelihoods and expecting to get away with it. But for a lot of very honest and hardworking Dale supporters, it could so easily have been us going under. But thankfully since the end of WWII the likes of Fred Ratcliffe, David Kilpatrick, Graham Morris, the foresight of Tom Nichol and others too numerous to mention, the club has managed to survive against the odds and are probably now in the healthiest position they have ever been in.
We havea lot to be thankful for.
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 18:50 - Jul 30 with 1316 viewsdavidab2202

How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 18:24 - Jul 30 by RooleyMoorBlue

There are a lot of fair comments in this thread and on the whole I agree with nearly all of them.
I don`t however see bury`s plight as a tragedy, except for the people who have lost out financially and could possibly go out of business. A tragedy is usually something that happens which could have been avoidable.
Grenfell was a tragedy, as was Hillsborough because of the loss of human life.
Bury`s plight however I see as a crime against football and the EFL are partly to blame for allowing the SD1&2 muppets to be in charge of a football club. It is time their due diligence as regards persons being fit and proper was overhauled, as it is clearly not fit for purpose.
SD1(Stuart Day) must have been wetting himself when he manged to offload, and even though he is probably still in business somewhere somehow, which is another crime.

SD2(Steve Dale) has said this afternoon that the EFL are working against them! What planet is this guy on? The EFL have bent over backwards to accommodate the club and have continually postponed deadlines to give them more time to come up with a rescue package.
They don`t deserve any more time and with the HMRC meeting due tomorrow I can see that being the final nail in the coffin, as they have never ever previously accepted anything less than the full 100% owed by football clubs, even though it has been quoted that they have accepted 25%. I personally think that is BS.
He was quoted as saying he didn`t realise the financial situation at BFC was as bad as it turned out to be. He could have asked any Dale fan (or bury fan tbf) and he would have been told to stay well clear if he had any sense.
Obviously the current owner is as thick as two very short dense pieces of timber and he deservesw to lose a fortune just for being a bloody idiot. He should also be sued for bring the name of Dale into disrepute!

I would be sorry to see either Bolton or Bury go under, but you cannot keep screwing up peoples livelihoods and expecting to get away with it. But for a lot of very honest and hardworking Dale supporters, it could so easily have been us going under. But thankfully since the end of WWII the likes of Fred Ratcliffe, David Kilpatrick, Graham Morris, the foresight of Tom Nichol and others too numerous to mention, the club has managed to survive against the odds and are probably now in the healthiest position they have ever been in.
We havea lot to be thankful for.

Agree,tomorrow could very well see the end of Bury F C as we know it.

Having seen that the EFL appear to be washing their hands of the club feel it likely the taxman will go in all guns blazing
How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence on 18:54 - Jul 30 with 1313 viewsNorthernDale

I am a football fan and like any true football fan, I do not like to see any football go out of business, I don't care if it is Bolton, Bury or North Ferriby, because one day it could be the Dale, and I would be devastated.

I know that Bury Fans in general did not moan when they were seeking to buy success by paying excessive wages on players in an effort to get promotion and crowing how big a side they are, whilst mocking us and the biffo's for example . This can also be applied to Bolton and other teams, but if we don't care, we could see the start of a domino affect. In that the number of teams with financial issues, including Macclesfield and Notts County could follow them into the history book, football needs to wake up, when it comes to wages.

I hope both Bury and Bolton survive, but they should have a wages cap imposed and also the 12 points should be increased, because of the way the messed everyone around with the dodgy owners. We call our owners, but at least they being sensible to a great exxtent with the club and its finances.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024