Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General election looming? 19:49 - Oct 22 with 24361 viewsDaley_Lama

Who would people vote in in Rochdale?

Lab? A bloke who has voted against every single attempt to deliver Brexit?
Lib: A bloke or woman who would do the same?
Tory? In Rochdale?

I reckon this town could actually vote in a Farage candidate if a general election was called.

Poll: DF in or out

General election looming? on 13:53 - Nov 7 with 2294 viewstony_roch975

General election looming? on 23:31 - Nov 6 by pioneer

And we voted to leave that particular family, having never been asked if we wanted to join it in the first place, and make our own decisions.

so, as they never asked to join either, do you support the right of the Scots or regions like Yorkshire (bigger population than Scotland) to vote to leave the UK

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

General election looming? on 14:08 - Nov 7 with 2274 viewselectricblue

General election looming? on 12:56 - Nov 7 by 49thseason

"Nigel Farage a guy who cannot put himself up to be elected isnt trustworthy...so a no for me"
By that logic there are only about 3000 people in the country that ARE trustworthy and they are all candidates to get elected.
On the basis that Guy Fawkes was the last person to enter Parliament with an honest intent I presume you actually trust MPs? How very novel. Do you actually trust the EU to make the best decsions for the UK?

This election is about deciding whether or not you want to be able to hold UK MPs to account for the way they spend your money and make decsisions on your behalf. Or if you prefer to have those decisions made or influenced by a committee of 28 countries. Its about whether you believe this country has thrived and prospered from EU rules and regulations that have been put into UK law or if you believe we might have been better off without their influence in our affairs. There is only one party that proposes to leave the EU and put us firmly in charge of our own destiny.

And which party is that!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

General election looming? on 14:49 - Nov 7 with 2254 viewsJames1980

Why do people praise Guy Fawkes? Had the Gunpowder Plot been 'successful' it would have been one of the biggest single acts of terrorism the country has ever seen including 7/7 & the IRA attacks.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

General election looming? on 15:54 - Nov 7 with 2232 viewsmingthemerciless

General election looming? on 14:08 - Nov 7 by electricblue

And which party is that!

I think it's the party that is refusing to publish the report from the Parliamentary Committee on Intellgence and Security regarding Russian interference in the Brexit referendum and the last general election until after the current election. I wonder why that is ? Surely it can't be because they've got something to hide regarding their Russian friends can it ?
General election looming? on 16:08 - Nov 7 with 2219 views49thseason

General election looming? on 14:08 - Nov 7 by electricblue

And which party is that!

Do your own research! Should take about 2 minutes. Hint... there are 3 remain parties and 1 party that sort of says it might kind of leave in about Hmmm another 3 or 4 years if we can agree on a trade deal. And 1 party that reckons we should just walk away and not pay the EU any money, not let them have our fishing grounds, demand the £7.1 billion that we have invested in the EIB be repaid, not underwrite the EIB for £100Bn in the event it fails, not put our foreign policy and armed forces under EU control and go to WTO rules under WTO Article 24 which if the EU agreed would give us up to 10 years trading as now (no tariffs) prior to agreeing a new trading relationship...... That party!
General election looming? on 16:29 - Nov 7 with 2208 views49thseason

General election looming? on 14:49 - Nov 7 by James1980

Why do people praise Guy Fawkes? Had the Gunpowder Plot been 'successful' it would have been one of the biggest single acts of terrorism the country has ever seen including 7/7 & the IRA attacks.

I didn't praise Mr Fawkes I just said his intent was honest. he went there to blow up Parlament, he wanted to blow up Parliament and tried to carry out the plan.
Everyone else who goes there tells us one thing (manifesto.. taken by most to be a promise) and then does something different because the Manifesto was only advisory or an aspiration or some other dereliction. Many are professional liars AKA Lawyers. most have never sullied their hands with a proper days work in their lives. £80k a year and £150k+ in tax-free "expenses" is a major incentive for cheats, liars, ne'erdowells and the like, the rest are rabid political dogmatists who sold their grannies years ago and will sell you and yours to whatever new theory or wild notion that their fevered imagination dreams up (like reducing CO2 emissions to zero), not to mention doing so with borrowed money that they will never be responsible for repaying (But your kids and grandkids will).
It seems that doing simple things well and accepting responsibility for them is no longer something to make a career from.
General election looming? on 18:25 - Nov 7 with 2154 viewsJames1980

It is a shame you believe that since 05/11/1605 not one politician entered parliament to represent the best interests of their constituents. That those that voted for the NHS and welfare state did so without honorable intention. Those that voted for the abolition of slavery made that decision for purely selfish reasons. There are 650 MPs it is unfair to tar them with the same brush.

General election looming? on 18:34 - Nov 7 with 2147 views49thseason

General election looming? on 18:25 - Nov 7 by James1980

It is a shame you believe that since 05/11/1605 not one politician entered parliament to represent the best interests of their constituents. That those that voted for the NHS and welfare state did so without honorable intention. Those that voted for the abolition of slavery made that decision for purely selfish reasons. There are 650 MPs it is unfair to tar them with the same brush.

Awwww, didums. Did ickle Jamesy not quite grasp the intended humour behind the hyperbole? So who is your knight on a shining white horsey of an MP then?
Login to get fewer ads

General election looming? on 18:46 - Nov 7 with 2135 viewsJames1980

General election looming? on 18:34 - Nov 7 by 49thseason

Awwww, didums. Did ickle Jamesy not quite grasp the intended humour behind the hyperbole? So who is your knight on a shining white horsey of an MP then?

Sorry but that ridiculous Fawkes line really annoys me. It just encourages voter apathy in my opinion. I am sure if you had been humorous I'd be in A&E getting my sides stitched... hang on no I would probably be waiting to be seen still

General election looming? on 09:40 - Nov 8 with 1965 viewspioneer

General election looming? on 13:53 - Nov 7 by tony_roch975

so, as they never asked to join either, do you support the right of the Scots or regions like Yorkshire (bigger population than Scotland) to vote to leave the UK

Sure...we would survive without mealie and ironbru. As for yorksher I’d make it a condition of leaving that they take that place on t’other side of Heywood with them.

And I wouldn’t put Nicola Sturgeon in prison like the Spaniards do with the Catalan leaders.
General election looming? on 10:32 - Nov 8 with 1945 viewstony_roch975

General election looming? on 09:40 - Nov 8 by pioneer

Sure...we would survive without mealie and ironbru. As for yorksher I’d make it a condition of leaving that they take that place on t’other side of Heywood with them.

And I wouldn’t put Nicola Sturgeon in prison like the Spaniards do with the Catalan leaders.

Great - continuing that argument for independence, how about the right of Leeds to then vote to leave Yorkshire; the right of Pudsey to then vote to leave Leeds etc.....

In the end you'd be left with a nation of 1 where there's no need to compromise and everyone else in the world is a foreigner!

General election looming? on 11:10 - Nov 8 with 1919 viewstony_roch975

General election looming? on 09:40 - Nov 8 by pioneer

But as agreed by 92% of Spaniards in a referendum in 1978, their constitution asserts “the indissoluble unity of the Spanish nation” (to stop another Franco); so holding an (unauthorised) independence referendum is a criminal offence. So the Catalan leaders broke the law, are you opposed to putting criminals in prison? Or should their referendum vote be ignored?

General election looming? on 23:32 - Nov 8 with 1797 viewspioneer

General election looming? on 11:10 - Nov 8 by tony_roch975

But as agreed by 92% of Spaniards in a referendum in 1978, their constitution asserts “the indissoluble unity of the Spanish nation” (to stop another Franco); so holding an (unauthorised) independence referendum is a criminal offence. So the Catalan leaders broke the law, are you opposed to putting criminals in prison? Or should their referendum vote be ignored?

one mans law breaker is another mans freedom fighter.

So do you think the Republic of Ireland should never have been allowed to leave UK?

If the folks of Morley were stupid enough to believe as a majority the they could make a success of leaving Leeds, Yorkshire or Uk be it on them to fail (or succeed). It’s the duty of politicians to run jurisdictions in a way that folks would have no interests in leaving. On that basis the EU has failed the majority of the voting public in the UK.

Of course the folks of Hong Kong never wanted to ‘leave’ and never got a say in ‘leaving’.
General election looming? on 09:19 - Nov 9 with 1715 viewstony_roch975

General election looming? on 23:32 - Nov 8 by pioneer

one mans law breaker is another mans freedom fighter.

So do you think the Republic of Ireland should never have been allowed to leave UK?

If the folks of Morley were stupid enough to believe as a majority the they could make a success of leaving Leeds, Yorkshire or Uk be it on them to fail (or succeed). It’s the duty of politicians to run jurisdictions in a way that folks would have no interests in leaving. On that basis the EU has failed the majority of the voting public in the UK.

Of course the folks of Hong Kong never wanted to ‘leave’ and never got a say in ‘leaving’.

so that must mean Remainers, like Catalonians, are freedom fighters - they both ignored the result of a democratic referendum (2016 / 1978) and tried to overturn it?

Ireland didn't leave the UK, it rightly regained its freedom from the UK invaders - (who also invaded Hong Kong); don't think the UK offered referendums to either before invading!

and if the people of the UK are stupid enough to believe......

General election looming? on 19:05 - Nov 9 with 1633 viewsBigDaveMyCock

General election looming? on 16:29 - Nov 7 by 49thseason

I didn't praise Mr Fawkes I just said his intent was honest. he went there to blow up Parlament, he wanted to blow up Parliament and tried to carry out the plan.
Everyone else who goes there tells us one thing (manifesto.. taken by most to be a promise) and then does something different because the Manifesto was only advisory or an aspiration or some other dereliction. Many are professional liars AKA Lawyers. most have never sullied their hands with a proper days work in their lives. £80k a year and £150k+ in tax-free "expenses" is a major incentive for cheats, liars, ne'erdowells and the like, the rest are rabid political dogmatists who sold their grannies years ago and will sell you and yours to whatever new theory or wild notion that their fevered imagination dreams up (like reducing CO2 emissions to zero), not to mention doing so with borrowed money that they will never be responsible for repaying (But your kids and grandkids will).
It seems that doing simple things well and accepting responsibility for them is no longer something to make a career from.

Read a fascinating article the other day about how Russia interferes in UK politics. They essentially spread fake news on social media that ostensibly purports to be nationalistic in nature but actually undermines UK institutions with the sole purpose of destroying our cohesion.
Anyway, it’s incredibly effective because people are stupid enough to believe in it. In fact, they positively lap it up.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

General election looming? on 19:26 - Nov 9 with 1617 viewsDale23years

General election looming? on 19:05 - Nov 9 by BigDaveMyCock

Read a fascinating article the other day about how Russia interferes in UK politics. They essentially spread fake news on social media that ostensibly purports to be nationalistic in nature but actually undermines UK institutions with the sole purpose of destroying our cohesion.
Anyway, it’s incredibly effective because people are stupid enough to believe in it. In fact, they positively lap it up.

What proven fake news has Russia spread about UK politics ??

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

General election looming? on 20:56 - Nov 9 with 1570 viewsBigDaveMyCock

General election looming? on 19:26 - Nov 9 by Dale23years

What proven fake news has Russia spread about UK politics ??

It’s not just Ruskies tbf but here’s a broad based article on the topic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/13/theresa-ma
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 20:57]

General election looming? on 06:39 - Nov 10 with 1489 viewsBazbee

Tony Lloyd has voted every time against Brexit. Go on a government site called They Work For You https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10367/tony_lloyd/rochdale/divisions?policy=106 shows you everything he’s done to stop Brexit and no representation for Rochdale constituents just Northern Ireland.
General election looming? on 07:52 - Nov 10 with 1465 viewsBigDaveMyCock

General election looming? on 06:39 - Nov 10 by Bazbee

Tony Lloyd has voted every time against Brexit. Go on a government site called They Work For You https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10367/tony_lloyd/rochdale/divisions?policy=106 shows you everything he’s done to stop Brexit and no representation for Rochdale constituents just Northern Ireland.

Would you have voted for Theresa May’s deal? Most hardline Brexiteers didn’t. The ERG didn’t. The Brexit Party also think Boris Johnson’s deal, which if we’re honest is predominantly Theresa May’s deal, is a bag of shite. He’s in good company is Mr Lloyd.
I suspect though that you don’t acknowledge this side to it?
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 7:56]

General election looming? on 08:44 - Nov 10 with 1439 viewsJames1980

I'd say as have others this is one of the issues with safe seats where however wears the correct rosette will get voted in.
This is part caused by those who don't turn up to vote. If more people who have the attitude 'it's a safe seat why bother' put their cross in the box for, who in their opinion is the best or least worst candidate. It could lead to the majority closing and who knows. The MP might take more interest in their constituents and possibly next election. The party will field a candidate actually concerned with local issues.

General election looming? on 09:57 - Nov 10 with 1400 viewspioneer

General election looming? on 08:44 - Nov 10 by James1980

I'd say as have others this is one of the issues with safe seats where however wears the correct rosette will get voted in.
This is part caused by those who don't turn up to vote. If more people who have the attitude 'it's a safe seat why bother' put their cross in the box for, who in their opinion is the best or least worst candidate. It could lead to the majority closing and who knows. The MP might take more interest in their constituents and possibly next election. The party will field a candidate actually concerned with local issues.

or introduce PR where everyones vote counts and then make voting compulsory as they do in Australia.
General election looming? on 10:08 - Nov 10 with 1389 viewsJames1980

General election looming? on 09:57 - Nov 10 by pioneer

or introduce PR where everyones vote counts and then make voting compulsory as they do in Australia.

A certain referendum should have definitely been a compulsory vote

General election looming? on 13:38 - Nov 10 with 1329 viewsforeverhopefulDale

I know loads of people who voted to leave the EU but voted for Lloyd and McInness. Most people I know vote for many different reasons in GEs. So it could be argued that Lloyd has acted in accordance with the wishes or benefit of his constituents by opposing Tory cuts in public services.
To sum up, MPs represent their constituents on many different issues, not just bloody Brexit.
So to the Lib Dems, Tories and Brexit Party, and others including the media and press, this GE is not just about Bloody Brexit.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

General election looming? on 14:32 - Nov 10 with 1272 views49thseason

General election looming? on 13:38 - Nov 10 by foreverhopefulDale

I know loads of people who voted to leave the EU but voted for Lloyd and McInness. Most people I know vote for many different reasons in GEs. So it could be argued that Lloyd has acted in accordance with the wishes or benefit of his constituents by opposing Tory cuts in public services.
To sum up, MPs represent their constituents on many different issues, not just bloody Brexit.
So to the Lib Dems, Tories and Brexit Party, and others including the media and press, this GE is not just about Bloody Brexit.

Of course its about Brexit! Until the electorate is sure that MPs will do the things they promise to do there can be no confidence in anything else they say... not that there has ever been much anyway. Have you forgotten the Lib Dems and the student loans fiasco? Didnt Labour promise to respect the Brexit decision? The Conservative promise not to put VAT up from 17.5%? The SNP " no more referendum on leaving the UK for a generation". And whatever happened to " no more boom and bust". Not to mention Saddam Hussain's WMDs that were capable of reaching the UK in 45 minutes and May's promises to reduce immigration to 10s of 1000s. Which resulted in 703,000 new doctors registrations in 2017-18 from overseas immigrants.

In business the trick is to under-promise and overdeliver, not so much in politics apparently. They lie for your votes and then do what they want , not what we want, getting out of Europe is the first step to regaining control.
General election looming? on 16:42 - Nov 10 with 1215 viewsjonahwhereru

General election looming? on 14:32 - Nov 10 by 49thseason

Of course its about Brexit! Until the electorate is sure that MPs will do the things they promise to do there can be no confidence in anything else they say... not that there has ever been much anyway. Have you forgotten the Lib Dems and the student loans fiasco? Didnt Labour promise to respect the Brexit decision? The Conservative promise not to put VAT up from 17.5%? The SNP " no more referendum on leaving the UK for a generation". And whatever happened to " no more boom and bust". Not to mention Saddam Hussain's WMDs that were capable of reaching the UK in 45 minutes and May's promises to reduce immigration to 10s of 1000s. Which resulted in 703,000 new doctors registrations in 2017-18 from overseas immigrants.

In business the trick is to under-promise and overdeliver, not so much in politics apparently. They lie for your votes and then do what they want , not what we want, getting out of Europe is the first step to regaining control.

Sense our views on part politics are different, but also think the one thing we do probably agree on is that it’s all about “bums on seats” in parliament at the end of the day. The election skulduggery and lack of enthusiasm to deliver on all manifesto pledges tell us as much.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024