Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disrespectful Sweetmore 14:59 - Nov 23 with 10616 viewsDalenet

How is it acceptable to keep playing music whilst the club guests Wardle band are trying to play by the pitch.
Disrespectful Sweetmore on 19:47 - Nov 25 with 2960 views442Dale

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 19:39 - Nov 25 by BartRowou

It's two years on the run (at least) that the Christmas brass band have been stuck in the corner. Last year, they played one song at half-time and were thank youd off; this year, even worse.

The mentality of the club - we have to play indie music as much as we can and at all times - continues to baffle me. I was like that around the age of 14 when the Smiths/New Order/Chameleons/Fall were in their prime and Afflecks Palace was Manchester's true hidden gem. At some point, I decided to GROW UP and realised that other people's opinions were worthy of consideration even if I disagreed with them.

That director at the Fans' Forum who wanted reasons why the atmosphere at home games is so rubbish could have found some of the answers in the man walking round with the microphone: people can't hear themselves think; the music is staid and repetitive; and a few dance tunes might actually get some chants going before a game (when was the last time that happened?)

But would away fans and Jimmy Wagg like it? WOULD THEY?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 20:03 - Nov 25 with 2915 viewsTVOS1907

It's two years on the run (at least) that the Christmas brass band have been stuck in the corner. Last year, they played one song at half-time and were thank youd off; this year, even worse.

The mentality of the club - we have to play indie music as much as we can and at all times - continues to baffle me. I was like that around the age of 14 when the Smiths/New Order/Chameleons/Fall were in their prime and Afflecks Palace was Manchester's true hidden gem. At some point, I decided to GROW UP and realised that other people's opinions were worthy of consideration even if I disagreed with them.

That director at the Fans' Forum who wanted reasons why the atmosphere at home games is so rubbish could have found some of the answers in the man walking round with the microphone: people can't hear themselves think; the music is staid and repetitive; and a few dance tunes might actually get some chants going before a game (when was the last time that happened?)

"And now time for a little bit more music", followed by the latest hit from Manhattan Transfer!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 20:26 - Nov 25 with 2863 viewsBartRowou

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 20:03 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

"And now time for a little bit more music", followed by the latest hit from Manhattan Transfer!

[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 20:27]

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 20:59 - Nov 25 with 2780 viewsdalenumber2

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 18:23 - Nov 23 by kel

To be fair the bloke has called users of this message board “Peados”(sic) and a certain person at the club vowed he would never be employed by the club again before being reinstated a week later.

He can do and say as he pleases.

Grief, when did he called us 'peados' (sic) I must have missed that. Words fail me.
Disrespectful Sweetmore on 21:04 - Nov 25 with 2764 viewsjudd

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 20:59 - Nov 25 by dalenumber2

Grief, when did he called us 'peados' (sic) I must have missed that. Words fail me.

It wasn't on here.

Would be interested to read the explanation proferred to you as to why music was played over the band, but respect it if you want it to remain off here.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 21:24 - Nov 25 with 2723 viewsFred_Talbot

I remember going to watch Oldham in the late 70’s, and the tannoy bloke said ‘All the songs you hear tonight were supplied by The Golden Disc’

He played ‘Rocking All Over The World’ by Status Quo twice before kick off and again at half time! That was the only song he played!

Where's Fred?

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 21:53 - Nov 25 with 2666 viewsrochdaleriddler

Until the club invest in a functioning PA system , I’d rather they played nothing, I can’t hear any announcements in the Sandy as it’s so distorted , or not switched on at all

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 23:42 - Nov 25 with 2570 viewsDickydaler

When I came into the car park they were playing outside the sandy turnstiles and having photos taken with Joey T and before that, looking at the 'fans photos' they played up in the mainstand bar. And it seemed to me that they were trying to accommodate everyone in the ground by playing at the corner of the main stand/sandy and then in the corner of pearl st/ main stand. So I don't think they were 'stuck in the corner', I reckon some thought went into it this year.
Login to get fewer ads

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 00:29 - Nov 26 with 2529 viewsAtThePeake

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 20:59 - Nov 25 by dalenumber2

It allegedly happened on Twitter. I use the word allegedly because when I asked the club about it they claimed that the tweet was faked.

Tangled up in blue.

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 07:17 - Nov 26 with 2424 viewsjudd

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 00:29 - Nov 26 by AtThePeake

It allegedly happened on Twitter. I use the word allegedly because when I asked the club about it they claimed that the tweet was faked.

Really?

I dare say there's a saved screenshot somewhere

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 07:43 - Nov 26 with 2396 viewsaleanddale

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 18:58 - Nov 25 by dalenumber2

I have written an email to David Bottomley and he wrote straight back with an apology and full explanation and said they would organise a better schedule for Wardle Band next year. That's good enough for me.

Fantastic he responded.

Can you share the full explanation?
Disrespectful Sweetmore on 08:43 - Nov 26 with 2340 viewskel

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 00:29 - Nov 26 by AtThePeake

Aye, I remember his acolytes/arse kissers at the time claiming it was photoshopped

I won’t use the word allegedly though so if he fancies taking legal action against me for saying it then bring it on. Surely such a fine, upstanding gentleman (snigger) wouldn’t like to be accused of calling people “peados” (sic). The interweb remembers everything.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 8:44]
Disrespectful Sweetmore on 09:10 - Nov 26 with 2300 viewsAtThePeake

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 07:17 - Nov 26 by judd

Really?

I dare say there's a saved screenshot somewhere

I included the screenshot in the email. I can't find the reply now but it was either that the screenshot had been doctored or that his account had been hacked.

Tangled up in blue.

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 09:43 - Nov 26 with 2248 viewsjudd

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 09:10 - Nov 26 by AtThePeake

I included the screenshot in the email. I can't find the reply now but it was either that the screenshot had been doctored or that his account had been hacked.

Did a tweet appear on the same account stating the account had been hacked?

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 10:27 - Nov 26 with 2194 viewsAtThePeake

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 09:43 - Nov 26 by judd

Did a tweet appear on the same account stating the account had been hacked?

Not that I remember no.

https://twitter.com/search?q=hacked%20from%3Adavesweetmore&src=typed_query&f=liv

Tangled up in blue.

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 18:43 - Nov 29 with 1855 viewsdalenumber2

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 07:43 - Nov 26 by aleanddale

Fantastic he responded.

Can you share the full explanation?

I don't want to copy and paste his response on here, but he replied on the same day, said that he had already apologised to Wardle band who said that they hadn't been offended. The band actually played in all areas of the ground including outside the club shop, the main reception, the Ratcliffe Arms, upstairs in Hospitality, in the Board Room, in the Carlsberg Lounge and the finale on the pitch. The band raises a lot of money when it comes to play at the ground and is already planning to return next year. I think that more consideration will be given regarding the tannoy when the band plays, and I have been assured that the points I made about the tannoy being too loud were already registered, and I was told that it's an old system ready to be replaced. I was happy with the reply and the tone of the email - hopefully the music will be better organised next year due to my feedback and that of several others.
Disrespectful Sweetmore on 18:49 - Nov 29 with 1846 viewselectricblue

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 10:27 - Nov 26 by AtThePeake

Not that I remember no.

https://twitter.com/search?q=hacked%20from%3Adavesweetmore&src=typed_query&f=liv

Did he hack himself

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 18:50 - Nov 29 with 1839 viewsSuddenLad

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 18:43 - Nov 29 by dalenumber2

I don't want to copy and paste his response on here, but he replied on the same day, said that he had already apologised to Wardle band who said that they hadn't been offended. The band actually played in all areas of the ground including outside the club shop, the main reception, the Ratcliffe Arms, upstairs in Hospitality, in the Board Room, in the Carlsberg Lounge and the finale on the pitch. The band raises a lot of money when it comes to play at the ground and is already planning to return next year. I think that more consideration will be given regarding the tannoy when the band plays, and I have been assured that the points I made about the tannoy being too loud were already registered, and I was told that it's an old system ready to be replaced. I was happy with the reply and the tone of the email - hopefully the music will be better organised next year due to my feedback and that of several others.

It's good to know that (a) you got a full and prompt response (b) The band members weren't aggrieved at being drowned out and (c) that they will return next year.

They are always good to listen to and I hope that they raised a good few quid. They deserve it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 19:57 - Nov 29 with 1741 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 18:50 - Nov 29 by SuddenLad

It's good to know that (a) you got a full and prompt response (b) The band members weren't aggrieved at being drowned out and (c) that they will return next year.

They are always good to listen to and I hope that they raised a good few quid. They deserve it.

Well said.....these youngsters deserve a break for using their talents to entertain us.They should be encouraged.

Wardle High have had a fine reputation for Music culture for many years......I have a Lp in my vinyl collection.

Hopefully they will be around for many more years,
Disrespectful Sweetmore on 20:03 - Nov 29 with 1729 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/july/ground-speakers_upgrade_2017/

Work was done to improve the quality of the PA system in July 2017 with new speakers in all stands. Maybe it’s the volume button that’s old and needs to be replaced.

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 12:19 - Nov 30 with 1463 viewsrochdaleriddler

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 20:03 - Nov 29 by 442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/july/ground-speakers_upgrade_2017/

Work was done to improve the quality of the PA system in July 2017 with new speakers in all stands. Maybe it’s the volume button that’s old and needs to be replaced.

It’s either too quiet to hear or over the top distortion in the sandy

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 14:21 - Nov 30 with 1404 viewsJames1980

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 12:19 - Nov 30 by rochdaleriddler

It’s either too quiet to hear or over the top distortion in the sandy

I'll remind my brother to get the firm he works for to get in contact re the sound system. They have done work in stadia of various capacities including The Etihad and Home Park

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 14:36 - Nov 30 with 1378 viewsTVOS1907

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 14:21 - Nov 30 by James1980

I'll remind my brother to get the firm he works for to get in contact re the sound system. They have done work in stadia of various capacities including The Etihad and Home Park

I bet you can hear our tannoy at Home Park!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 14:43 - Nov 30 with 1358 views442Dale

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 14:36 - Nov 30 by TVOS1907

I bet you can hear our tannoy at Home Park!

That’ll be because work was done to improve the quality of it two years ago enhancing the supporter and making for a more pleasant listen.

All over the world.

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 15:25 - Nov 30 with 1311 viewsD_Alien

Disrespectful Sweetmore on 14:43 - Nov 30 by 442Dale

That’ll be because work was done to improve the quality of it two years ago enhancing the supporter and making for a more pleasant listen.

All over the world.

Where bury had a scouting network, we have our tannoy...

[Post edited 30 Nov 2019 15:27]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024