Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laurence Fox on QT... 09:34 - Jan 17 with 2103 viewsgeezershoong1

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Laurence Fox on QT... on 14:04 - Jan 17 with 489 viewsSaintNick

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:33 - Jan 17 by Saintsforeverj

It's quite simple Ian. The nasty 0.01% of the UK that is racist, sexist whatever (those who beat up people for the colour of their skin / gender or make their life hell) should be locked up. But that does not mean we should all be forced to say that we think the next Labour leader should be a women. That women in the clip above was almost suggesting that it's not ok to think that the best person for the job of Labour leader is KS because he is a man. But that's the problem with Labour, they are sexist and racist the other way you see.

I don't care whether the leader is a man, women, black or whatever but if I think the white man happens to be the best person for the job, I shouldn't have to put up with some whining women saying how dare you suggest that a man should be leader - how sexist.

And as for some of the panel saying that Megan M has experienced racism (this is where this debate has come from), well Princess Diana was white and experienced much worse treatment from the press. What label would you like to put on that, considering she was white? This is the point - it's not about racism!!!!

It's more to do with Megan professing to be an environmentalist vegan feminist who then gets in a private jet for a holiday and eats steak. That's the reason for giving the hypocrite a hard time - nothing to do with the colour of her skin.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 11:38]

What saintsforeverj says has a lot of truth, I saw the programme last night and it all started as Fox was berated by a member of the audience who was trying to twist his words.

I didn't find him or his views particularly palattable, but he was not being racist or sexist and stood his ground and that spate was ended when she called him a white privileged male or similar.

Stranglely a large number of the audience clapped when he turned the tables on her, mind you I barely heard a scouse accent in said audience

Overall I dont think I have seen such a smug set of panellists

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Laurence Fox on QT... on 14:15 - Jan 17 with 478 viewsgeezershoong1

Laurence Fox on QT... on 14:04 - Jan 17 by SaintNick

What saintsforeverj says has a lot of truth, I saw the programme last night and it all started as Fox was berated by a member of the audience who was trying to twist his words.

I didn't find him or his views particularly palattable, but he was not being racist or sexist and stood his ground and that spate was ended when she called him a white privileged male or similar.

Stranglely a large number of the audience clapped when he turned the tables on her, mind you I barely heard a scouse accent in said audience

Overall I dont think I have seen such a smug set of panellists

Watching Shami Chakrabarti getting shot down with common sense and squirming in her seat never gets boring.

Poll: England are playing tonight - would you rather...

Laurence Fox on QT... on 15:25 - Jan 17 with 458 viewsDorsetIan

Laurence Fox on QT... on 12:52 - Jan 17 by Marcus_y

You are utterly mental. It's ok for you to think Patel is a moron but people who say it about Abbott are racist. You are out of your box mate. Get help.

Marcus. You have to read what people write and try to understand what they are saying.

I said "..I believe that the extent of the abuse against Abbott can only be explained by racism."

There is a big difference between that statement and "...people who say it about Abbott are racist."

The key word in what I said was 'extent'. I did not say that everyone who criticises Diane Abbott is racist. I do not believe that they are.

Try harder to understand the subtleties in what other people write.

Or maybe just keep calling them mental.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Laurence Fox on QT... on 15:56 - Jan 17 with 447 viewsMarcus_y

Laurence Fox on QT... on 15:25 - Jan 17 by DorsetIan

Marcus. You have to read what people write and try to understand what they are saying.

I said "..I believe that the extent of the abuse against Abbott can only be explained by racism."

There is a big difference between that statement and "...people who say it about Abbott are racist."

The key word in what I said was 'extent'. I did not say that everyone who criticises Diane Abbott is racist. I do not believe that they are.

Try harder to understand the subtleties in what other people write.

Or maybe just keep calling them mental.

Utterly.mental. lol.

You're nothing but a lot of talk n'a' badge.

Laurence Fox on QT... (n/t) on 17:50 - Jan 17 with 410 viewsBaltimore

Laurence Fox on QT... on 11:06 - Jan 17 by DorsetIan

No...

As a wealthy white man (not to mention one who was born into a famous, wealthy family), I am guessing that he has no direct experience of the sort of racism that people of colour experience.

For that reason alone he should be a bit less arrogant and dismissive when talking about it.

It's like an able bodied person dismissing the complaints of a disabled person as a boring.

Or a rich person dismissing the complaints of a poor person as boring.

It shows a complete lack of humility.

You don't have to agree with me Marcus, but do you at least follow the argument? (It's a chance for you to see another point of view - something I know that you think we all must do.)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024