Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! 16:45 - Jan 16 with 1038 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/51736/hasenhuttl-admits-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 17:33 - Jan 16 with 999 viewsthis_charming_man

So one game against a terrible championship side who hardly got out of their own half and Vokins is the answer?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 18:02 - Jan 16 with 964 viewssaint22

Shorthand for no one is coming in and as long as we get no injuries should be ok otherwise back come Vestergaard and yoshida
Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 21:33 - Jan 16 with 829 viewsBicester_North

Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 18:02 - Jan 16 by saint22

Shorthand for no one is coming in and as long as we get no injuries should be ok otherwise back come Vestergaard and yoshida

That would really tip “your son(s)” over the edge eh Benji?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 21:43 - Jan 16 with 818 viewskingslandstand1

"The good thing is that Saints are under no pressure to buy, that is unless they suddenly have a blip and if they lose the next two they have time to reconsider their position"

So if we win those 2 then lose the first 3 in February, or young Valery who hasn't played for a while through illness breaks a leg that window will have gone and we could potentially start falling again

Pesimistic I know, but this is Saints and we must look to build on the squad and improve it. All very well saying it is the Southampton Way, but that hasn't worked too well over the last few seasons
Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 07:27 - Jan 17 with 693 viewsgrumpy

Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 21:43 - Jan 16 by kingslandstand1

"The good thing is that Saints are under no pressure to buy, that is unless they suddenly have a blip and if they lose the next two they have time to reconsider their position"

So if we win those 2 then lose the first 3 in February, or young Valery who hasn't played for a while through illness breaks a leg that window will have gone and we could potentially start falling again

Pesimistic I know, but this is Saints and we must look to build on the squad and improve it. All very well saying it is the Southampton Way, but that hasn't worked too well over the last few seasons

I agree Kingslands,you wont get anywhere in the Premiership without a strong squad and I don't think we are there yet.
Throw a few injuries in and we will be all over the place again.
Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 09:25 - Jan 17 with 634 viewsSonicBoom

I think it's spin. We've needed to solve defensive issues for 2-3 years. Ralph isn't daft enough to believe that over the last 5 games things are magically fixed with the same players.

I think its given the club the chance to send the message that we aren't desperate so we won't get our pants pulled down.
That doesn't mean we won't buy players surely.
Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 09:46 - Jan 17 with 620 viewsthis_charming_man

Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 09:25 - Jan 17 by SonicBoom

I think it's spin. We've needed to solve defensive issues for 2-3 years. Ralph isn't daft enough to believe that over the last 5 games things are magically fixed with the same players.

I think its given the club the chance to send the message that we aren't desperate so we won't get our pants pulled down.
That doesn't mean we won't buy players surely.

Really? We saw the same behaviour last year, exactly the same.

We lost a few key games and there was talk of new players, a restructure, with a new DOF (Paul Mitchell mentioned) then results picked up and nothing changed.

After the Leicester game there were big statements from the club that they would allow Ralph to rebuild the squad starting with full backs and centre backs in January, a restructure with new DOF and head of recruitment coming in. So far yet again nothing has happened.

Yes we are on a good run now but that wont go on forever and I fail to see how a win against a crap championship team means Vokins, who Ralph seen every day for the last year is now suddenly good enough when he wasn't last week.

If they are masters at one thing its appeasement articles in the press.

Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 10:01 - Jan 17 with 610 viewsSonicBoom

Well as I said TCM, you would think Ralph is not daft enough to believe we are suddenly fixed. He only said last month we are looking for fullbacks (although I'd rather have CB's!). This window will tell us a lot - but I'm a firm believer that you strengthen when things are going well, then you don't need to panic buy when they aren't.
Login to get fewer ads

Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 10:06 - Jan 17 with 599 viewsMattFinish

It's clear Gao has said no money
Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 11:13 - Jan 17 with 577 viewssaint22

Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 10:01 - Jan 17 by SonicBoom

Well as I said TCM, you would think Ralph is not daft enough to believe we are suddenly fixed. He only said last month we are looking for fullbacks (although I'd rather have CB's!). This window will tell us a lot - but I'm a firm believer that you strengthen when things are going well, then you don't need to panic buy when they aren't.

exactly this
we need quality and depth if we want to progress, just because we are going well why not capitalise on that and ensure we keep going well until the end of the season
any injuries will slam the brakes on that if the cover isn't up to scratch which as we know right now at the back it is NOT
Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 18:43 - Jan 17 with 490 viewsMattFinish

If Ings gets injured we're struggling
Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 19:08 - Jan 17 with 477 viewsthis_charming_man

Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 10:01 - Jan 17 by SonicBoom

Agreed, we are much more attractive to a player now than 6 weeks ago, we'd have to go on a terrible run not to stay up now and we've got some decent fixtures after we play Liverpool.

I really don't see what has changed squad wise, we still need another centre back and full backs, one decent game by Vokins against a terrible championship side doesn't change anything. Seems to be its another case of letting a few decent results paper over the cracks, it's been that way for 3 years now.

Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 19:35 - Jan 17 with 453 viewsPatfromPoole

It’s a key period for the club.

If we don’t push on and get in the top 8, I think there is a 50:50 chance we will lose Ings in the summer. And possibly Ralph.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 19:59 - Jan 17 with 437 viewsHeisenberg

Hasenhuttl Admits There Is No Need To Panic Buy Now ! on 19:35 - Jan 17 by PatfromPoole

It’s a key period for the club.

If we don’t push on and get in the top 8, I think there is a 50:50 chance we will lose Ings in the summer. And possibly Ralph.

Blimey. A month ago we were going down.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024