Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window 05:34 - Jan 28 with 5186 viewsMattFinish

3 days left and not a sausage.

The biggest deal i expect is Lamina going and probably someone we've never heard of on a half season loan

Thanks F& PP test
Transfer window on 16:36 - Jan 29 with 1277 viewsdirk_doone

Transfer window on 11:38 - Jan 28 by dirk_doone

The owners' aim and the manager's aim in the transfer market are not exactly the same. The owners want to make a profit while the manager wants to strengthen the team. We'll probably only buy a player if one can be sold for more. A compromise would be to sell a player who is not in the first team and bring someone in on loan so that seems the most likely scenario. This is not necessarily all that bad as our recruitment department's most expensive signings in recent years have largely been a waste of money.

Our owners must be even more desperate for cash than usual if they are going to sell a first team regular, like Cedric, mid-season, and replace him with an untried, young loanee, who is fourth choice at another club. If this happens, and let's hope it doesn't, it's further proof that to Kat and Gao, football considerations are unimportant. It's all about the money for them.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Transfer window on 17:00 - Jan 29 with 1243 viewsBicester_North

Transfer window on 16:36 - Jan 29 by dirk_doone

Our owners must be even more desperate for cash than usual if they are going to sell a first team regular, like Cedric, mid-season, and replace him with an untried, young loanee, who is fourth choice at another club. If this happens, and let's hope it doesn't, it's further proof that to Kat and Gao, football considerations are unimportant. It's all about the money for them.

It would appear to be a stupid decision to let Cedric go now with Valery still out with whatever the problem is. If Walker-Peters is injured at any stage (there’s a rumour he isn’t fully fit at the moment) it just puts as back in trouble in that position. Hopefully the Cedric thing is bollox.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Transfer window on 17:29 - Jan 29 with 1215 viewsSonicBoom

Are we allowed to ask wtf is going on with Valery?
The club are peddling utter nonsense which by now appears more like a bare faced lie with every passing press conference.
If Valery is still recovering I can only assume he has the corona virus.

It also seems that if you ask what is going on, you get abuse from other fans. Why do I need to know? What do I expect the club to say?
Well I'd like them to stop insulting us and at least hint at the truth. Is he not good enough now - or he has personal problems - whatever. But he looked a good player and I'd like to know if he has a future here.
Transfer window on 18:24 - Jan 29 with 1183 viewsthis_charming_man

Transfer window on 17:29 - Jan 29 by SonicBoom

Are we allowed to ask wtf is going on with Valery?
The club are peddling utter nonsense which by now appears more like a bare faced lie with every passing press conference.
If Valery is still recovering I can only assume he has the corona virus.

It also seems that if you ask what is going on, you get abuse from other fans. Why do I need to know? What do I expect the club to say?
Well I'd like them to stop insulting us and at least hint at the truth. Is he not good enough now - or he has personal problems - whatever. But he looked a good player and I'd like to know if he has a future here.

Glandular fever

Footballers get it too you know

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Transfer window on 18:36 - Jan 29 with 1166 viewsSonicBoom

I'm sure they do.
Why didnt the club just say that then?
Transfer window on 18:40 - Jan 29 with 1162 viewsIngskneeslide

Transfer window on 18:36 - Jan 29 by SonicBoom

I'm sure they do.

Why does it matter so much that Ralph said he had a virus rather than GF? What conspiracy are you trying to uncover?
Transfer window on 19:01 - Jan 29 with 1137 viewsthis_charming_man

Transfer window on 18:36 - Jan 29 by SonicBoom

I'm sure they do.

Why is it anyone’s business? He said he’s got a virus, only those desperate to see conspiracy theories on everything demand more

Transfer window on 19:16 - Jan 29 with 1117 viewsSonicBoom

Because coming up with vague answers just encourages speculation, particularly for a player who was doing well, but then the boss publically stated we are looking for replacements in that position.
It's not a case of being anyones 'business' , he was a regular member of the squad and fans are interested in what's happened to him. Is that an unreasonable request?
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window on 06:52 - Jan 30 with 1015 viewsMattFinish

As well as Hasenhuttl has done since the 9-0, if Bednarek or Ings get injured/suspended we could be in trouble.
We need a back up striker and a CB more than we need a right back
Transfer window on 08:16 - Jan 30 with 967 viewsdirk_doone

Transfer window on 06:52 - Jan 30 by MattFinish

As well as Hasenhuttl has done since the 9-0, if Bednarek or Ings get injured/suspended we could be in trouble.
We need a back up striker and a CB more than we need a right back

As the Leicester result shows, we need Cedric. Our results when he wasn't in the team have been terrible.

Our last 10 league games with Cedric: won 7 Drew 1 lost 2. Goals against 10

Our last 10 league games without Cedric: won 1 drew 1 lost 8. Goals against 28

I'm not naïve enough to call for our owners to spend any money; I just wish they would stop selling our best players.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cedric-soares/leistungsdaten/spieler/112988

Transfer window on 08:17 - Jan 30 with 962 viewsthis_charming_man

Transfer window on 19:16 - Jan 29 by SonicBoom

Because coming up with vague answers just encourages speculation, particularly for a player who was doing well, but then the boss publically stated we are looking for replacements in that position.
It's not a case of being anyones 'business' , he was a regular member of the squad and fans are interested in what's happened to him. Is that an unreasonable request?

It wasn’t vague, Ralph said he had a virus, why does he need to provide a doctors certificate to validate it?

Transfer window on 08:52 - Jan 30 with 937 viewsButty101

Transfer window on 08:16 - Jan 30 by dirk_doone

As the Leicester result shows, we need Cedric. Our results when he wasn't in the team have been terrible.

Our last 10 league games with Cedric: won 7 Drew 1 lost 2. Goals against 10

Our last 10 league games without Cedric: won 1 drew 1 lost 8. Goals against 28

I'm not naïve enough to call for our owners to spend any money; I just wish they would stop selling our best players.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cedric-soares/leistungsdaten/spieler/112988

Totally agree Dirk. What we save in wages and gain in loan fees will be lost in bringing in another loan and weakening the team.

I also dont understand why we wouldnt insert an option to buy, just in case KWP is decent. If he isnt a long term option then i would prefer we play Valery when fit again.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Transfer window on 09:12 - Jan 30 with 921 viewsdirk_doone

Transfer window on 08:52 - Jan 30 by Butty101

Totally agree Dirk. What we save in wages and gain in loan fees will be lost in bringing in another loan and weakening the team.

I also dont understand why we wouldnt insert an option to buy, just in case KWP is decent. If he isnt a long term option then i would prefer we play Valery when fit again.

Apparently, Spurs wouldn't let us have an option to buy at a low enough price for our owners to agree to i.e. next to nothing.

Spurs don't trust him enough to risk him in their first team so they are sending him here so that we can take that risk. If he proves good enough, they'll take him back. If not, they'll just loan him out again.

I wouldn't be surprised if they also inserted a clause that he had to be our first choice right back while he was here, thus ensuring that we got rid of Cedric and weakened our team. They saw the difference between when we beat them 1-0 with Cedric and drew 1-1 without him, with our right flank exposed to Son. One successful strategy of top teams is to weaken rivals through the transfer market. Liverpool did it very successfully to us after we finished above them in the league, and, going back to the days of Saul in part exchange for Chivers, Spurs have always screwed us in the transfer market.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 9:15]

Transfer window on 09:16 - Jan 30 with 907 viewsdarthvader

Transfer window on 17:49 - Jan 28 by Heisenberg

What's wrong with selling or installing carpets for a living ? Don't you think looking down on the way people make a living seems a bit elitist.

I know a carpet man. He's a nice bloke unfortunately he let's people walk all over him his name is Matt.

keep the faith coyr

Transfer window on 09:27 - Jan 30 with 882 viewsVeloSaint

If KWP performs half decent for us it will be us and the same clubs who were after him in this window vying for to sign him permanently, but we'll be in pole position. The way he's talking in the video on the OS I'd suggest it's a done deal. If he's truly outstanding and a big club comes in then so what it happens at least well have benefitted for the rest of the season. Ralph clearly believes he's a capable replacement for Cedric.

Don't get the clamour for another striker, we have 4 already, so a 5th pushes one out of the squad altogether. Of course theres a risk Ings may get injured, but we're never going to sign a 20 goal striker to sit on the bench. Better to revisit in the summer with decisions on Long and Adam's to be made.
Transfer window on 09:32 - Jan 30 with 878 viewsdirk_doone

Transfer window on 09:27 - Jan 30 by VeloSaint

If KWP performs half decent for us it will be us and the same clubs who were after him in this window vying for to sign him permanently, but we'll be in pole position. The way he's talking in the video on the OS I'd suggest it's a done deal. If he's truly outstanding and a big club comes in then so what it happens at least well have benefitted for the rest of the season. Ralph clearly believes he's a capable replacement for Cedric.

Don't get the clamour for another striker, we have 4 already, so a 5th pushes one out of the squad altogether. Of course theres a risk Ings may get injured, but we're never going to sign a 20 goal striker to sit on the bench. Better to revisit in the summer with decisions on Long and Adam's to be made.

We don't know what Ralph thinks. The owners' aim in the transfer market, to make a profit, is not the same as the manager's aim, to strengthen the team. After that 9-0 defeat to Leicester, Ralph may just be grateful to the owners for not sacking him so he's not going to rock the boat before the end of the season.

Transfer window on 11:51 - Jan 30 with 820 viewsVeloSaint

Transfer window on 09:32 - Jan 30 by dirk_doone

We don't know what Ralph thinks. The owners' aim in the transfer market, to make a profit, is not the same as the manager's aim, to strengthen the team. After that 9-0 defeat to Leicester, Ralph may just be grateful to the owners for not sacking him so he's not going to rock the boat before the end of the season.

We don't know what the owners think either, at least we can see and hear Ralph and it wouldn't be hard for him to appear less than positive if he wasn't happy with this.
Transfer window on 12:22 - Jan 30 with 802 viewssaint22

Transfer window on 08:17 - Jan 30 by this_charming_man

It wasn’t vague, Ralph said he had a virus, why does he need to provide a doctors certificate to validate it?

its not definitive though is it DelDunceLesLIE?
Ralph should be saying "Valery has got Glandular fever and won't be available until at least February and as we all know GF can mean longer recovery than that. Given that we will be looking to bring someone in as back up to Cedric until Yan is fully recovered"
That would be clear and concise wouldn't it and not too much to ask
Transfer window on 12:43 - Jan 30 with 781 viewsTimSaint

Was half expecting Celtic to have been in with an offer for Forster and perhaps Elyounousi by now.

Hoedt on the other hand, won't be going until the end of the season, when we will see if his performances have been good enough for them to qualify for Europe, so they can afford to buy him.

Already been a piece on Lemina.

TimSaint

Transfer window on 13:23 - Jan 30 with 747 viewsTimSaint

Is Cedric still injured ?
Will anyone want him if he is ?
If he goes and with Valery out, I suppose KWP can start on Saturday, but we could be back to Danso in the FA Cup next week, as KWP won't play in that one !!

TimSaint

Transfer window on 13:51 - Jan 30 with 723 viewsBicester_North

Transfer window on 12:22 - Jan 30 by saint22

its not definitive though is it DelDunceLesLIE?
Ralph should be saying "Valery has got Glandular fever and won't be available until at least February and as we all know GF can mean longer recovery than that. Given that we will be looking to bring someone in as back up to Cedric until Yan is fully recovered"
That would be clear and concise wouldn't it and not too much to ask

As clear and concise as your fake passport photo you posted on here you lying weevil?

Transfer window on 14:34 - Jan 30 with 685 viewsKennington

Transfer window on 16:36 - Jan 29 by dirk_doone

It does look like that. It’s almost as ever the last few wins means the owners feel we’re already safe from relegation and can now sell without risk of the premier league income not rolling in next season. Of course what we should be doing is spending all the money we’ve had in from transfers and push for Europe. But this is saints so that won’t happen.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Transfer window on 15:07 - Jan 30 with 659 viewssaint22

Transfer window on 13:51 - Jan 30 by Bicester_North

As clear and concise as your fake passport photo you posted on here you lying weevil?

It wasn't fake which you would know if you ever left Hampshire you ignorant brexit tory dimwit
Transfer window on 15:14 - Jan 30 with 649 viewsBicester_North

Transfer window on 15:07 - Jan 30 by saint22

It wasn't fake which you would know if you ever left Hampshire you ignorant brexit tory dimwit

So your name is Ben, meaning you’re definitely a liar?

Transfer window on 15:18 - Jan 30 with 646 viewssaint22

Transfer window on 15:14 - Jan 30 by Bicester_North

So your name is Ben, meaning you’re definitely a liar?

Yes
Benedict Bartholomew James to be exact Del____LEs_____Dunce
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024