Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Israel Folau / Margaret Court 21:23 - Jan 29 with 5148 viewsunion_jack

Freedom of speech

Or

Inciting hate and intolerance?

Gareth Thomas has put his foot down and said he won’t watch Folau again.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 12:52 - Jan 30 with 1215 viewsDarran

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 12:47 - Jan 30 by londonlisa2001

You don’t think people are bothered about the behaviour of fundamentalist Islamic states?

Rightio.

Oh I certainly think people are bothered about it and I also think many of them are afraid to speak out about in the same way as they’ll speak out against the likes of Folau and Court.
There should have been a massive outcry in this country about the Birmingham school incident especially the press conference the Muslim leaders gave but strangely there wasn’t.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 12:57 - Jan 30 with 1205 viewsNeath_Jack

The first job of the world in 2020 should be to raze every religious place of worship to the ground, then burn every piece of associated text.

It has no place in the modern world.

It creates misery, hate, separation, and it gives people like these a vehicle to hide behind when they want to peddle hate.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 13:00 - Jan 30 with 1197 viewsDarran

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 12:57 - Jan 30 by Neath_Jack

The first job of the world in 2020 should be to raze every religious place of worship to the ground, then burn every piece of associated text.

It creates misery, hate, separation, and it gives people like these a vehicle to hide behind when they want to peddle hate.

I know we haven’t reached the end of January yet but that’s post of 2020 so far.

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 13:02 - Jan 30 with 1194 viewsDarran

It’s all those nasty whiteys see.

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 13:02 - Jan 30 with 1195 viewslondonlisa2001

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 12:52 - Jan 30 by Darran

Oh I certainly think people are bothered about it and I also think many of them are afraid to speak out about in the same way as they’ll speak out against the likes of Folau and Court.
There should have been a massive outcry in this country about the Birmingham school incident especially the press conference the Muslim leaders gave but strangely there wasn’t.

There was a bloody massive outcry about it.

There was also a long thread on here with some posters saying they thought the Muslims were right.

You’ll recall me arguing at length with posters expressing those views.

Any example of bigotry and hatred that is ‘justified’ by any religion is wrong. Completely, totally, inexcusably wrong. Religion is fine so long as it doesn’t interfere with the freedom of others who are doing nothing to hurt anyone else. People justifying their nonsense with ‘religion’ need to realise they are not channeling the ‘word of God’ but instead the views of men from hundreds and in some cases thousands of years ago designed to shape behaviours of the masses to keep them under control. It should be treated with a large degree of utter disdain.
Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 13:04 - Jan 30 with 1190 viewsDarran

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 13:02 - Jan 30 by londonlisa2001

There was a bloody massive outcry about it.

There was also a long thread on here with some posters saying they thought the Muslims were right.

You’ll recall me arguing at length with posters expressing those views.

Any example of bigotry and hatred that is ‘justified’ by any religion is wrong. Completely, totally, inexcusably wrong. Religion is fine so long as it doesn’t interfere with the freedom of others who are doing nothing to hurt anyone else. People justifying their nonsense with ‘religion’ need to realise they are not channeling the ‘word of God’ but instead the views of men from hundreds and in some cases thousands of years ago designed to shape behaviours of the masses to keep them under control. It should be treated with a large degree of utter disdain.

I’m not on about posters on here. I’m on about Society in general. You know the sort the sort that’s afraid to speak out about certain things for fear of upsetting people.

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 13:13 - Jan 30 with 1178 viewslondonlisa2001

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 13:04 - Jan 30 by Darran

I’m not on about posters on here. I’m on about Society in general. You know the sort the sort that’s afraid to speak out about certain things for fear of upsetting people.

I don’t think many are afraid to speak.

No one sensible is afraid to speak.

All religious fundamentalism is wrong. Simple as that.
Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 13:26 - Jan 30 with 1162 viewsLohengrin

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 12:10 - Jan 30 by londonlisa2001

He stated that the Australian bush fires were a direct result of the legalisation of same sex marriage in Australia.

You’ll have to point out which part of the Christian faith that is.

Margaret Court said that apartheid South Africa was the best way of dealing with race there is. Again, which part of the Christian faith is that an expression of?

People using ‘Christianity’ as an excuse for their bigotry and hatred are as far removed from faith as it’s possible to be.

He has a right to think what he wants. He has a limited right to say what he wants as no one can veer into hate speech which could encourage violence or discrimination against others.

In this case, he has, of course, parked his unwavering ‘faith’ and ‘principles’ which he previously declared to be the only things he cared about, and signed a contract which agrees that he will shut the f*** up about his views, or will be sacked. So it seems that his ‘faith’ has a price. Funny that.

The reaction of Wigan is to be applauded.

Lis, I imagine you know full well it would be easy to cite Biblical verse that depicts the manifestation of fire as a sign of God’s displeasure or The Divine hand behind the creation of Nations so I’ll not waste our time.

I’m neither endorsing nor echoing Folau’s opinions, to be honest I’m neither particularly pro nor anti homosexuality, I pay it no mind. I’ve got a million and one more pressing concerns to occupy my time.

What I will defend is his or anybody else’s right to hold and voice any opinion they damn well please. If there’s a hill I’m prepared to die on that’s it.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 13:27 - Jan 30 with 1156 viewsDarran

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 13:13 - Jan 30 by londonlisa2001

I don’t think many are afraid to speak.

No one sensible is afraid to speak.

All religious fundamentalism is wrong. Simple as that.

Yes they are. Many people are afraid to speak out on race/religion/sex.

You’ve only got to look at the Alastair Stewart situation to see that.
The embarrassing shameful black man that he tweeted should be being destroyed over it for making a mockery of racism but he won’t be.

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 13:40 - Jan 30 with 1134 viewsCatullus

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 21:24 - Jan 29 by exiledclaseboy

They’re entitled to their views and to express them. Others are equally as entitled to react to them in whatever way they see fit.

With the caveat that the reaction should always be inside the law! You can be angry, upset etc but should never resort to violence.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 13:42 - Jan 30 with 1133 viewsCatullus

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 08:19 - Jan 30 by Lohengrin

I’ve always been fundamentally opposed to putting limits on freedom of expression, not so with reaction, that has to be finite of necessity. Viewed in a certain light what you have just written could be viewed as an assassin’s mandate.

Don’t agree with what someone says then construct a counter-argument. If you hear what you perceive to be nonsense just laugh. It’s what we do on here and it works pretty well.

It's what we do on here? Apart from those who hurl mindless abuse at people they disagree with Loh. A bit of banter is fine but some of the things said on here would earn a smack in the gob if said face to face to people they don't know.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 14:38 - Jan 30 with 1106 viewsLohengrin

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 12:57 - Jan 30 by Neath_Jack

” Dort wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen.

Heinrich Heine, 1821.

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 16:13 - Jan 30 with 1049 viewslondonlisa2001

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 13:26 - Jan 30 by Lohengrin

Lis, I imagine you know full well it would be easy to cite Biblical verse that depicts the manifestation of fire as a sign of God’s displeasure or The Divine hand behind the creation of Nations so I’ll not waste our time.

I’m neither endorsing nor echoing Folau’s opinions, to be honest I’m neither particularly pro nor anti homosexuality, I pay it no mind. I’ve got a million and one more pressing concerns to occupy my time.

What I will defend is his or anybody else’s right to hold and voice any opinion they damn well please. If there’s a hill I’m prepared to die on that’s it.

Indeed, but you won’t find a verse that states the source of displeasure. Folau made that link on his own.

Plus it’s a book written by men, not God.

I don’t think people have the right to voice any opinion they damn well please if it puts others at risk. That applies to Folau as much as it applies to Anjem Choudary.
Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 16:16 - Jan 30 with 1047 viewsLohengrin

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 16:13 - Jan 30 by londonlisa2001

Indeed, but you won’t find a verse that states the source of displeasure. Folau made that link on his own.

Plus it’s a book written by men, not God.

I don’t think people have the right to voice any opinion they damn well please if it puts others at risk. That applies to Folau as much as it applies to Anjem Choudary.

Tell me this doesn’t make you laugh...

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 16:19 - Jan 30 with 1039 viewslondonlisa2001

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 16:16 - Jan 30 by Lohengrin

Tell me this doesn’t make you laugh...

It really doesn’t.
Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 16:30 - Jan 30 with 1018 viewsLohengrin

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 16:19 - Jan 30 by londonlisa2001

It really doesn’t.

You’re being po-faced on purpose now, watch the wind doesn’t change...

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 16:37 - Jan 30 with 1013 viewslondonlisa2001

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 16:30 - Jan 30 by Lohengrin

You’re being po-faced on purpose now, watch the wind doesn’t change...

I’m really not.

I’ve friends that have been badly assaulted for being gay. I don’t find it funny. I really don’t.

People like Folau are utter scum. Who the hell does he think he is to think he knows what his imaginary creator thinks or doesn’t think. He couldn’t be less religious if he tried.
Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 16:44 - Jan 30 with 991 viewsLohengrin

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 16:37 - Jan 30 by londonlisa2001

I’m really not.

I’ve friends that have been badly assaulted for being gay. I don’t find it funny. I really don’t.

People like Folau are utter scum. Who the hell does he think he is to think he knows what his imaginary creator thinks or doesn’t think. He couldn’t be less religious if he tried.

” People like Folau are utter scum.”

Oh! Lis, this isn’t Opportunity Knocks, mun. You don’t have to impersonate a Momentum spokesman. Huey isn’t about to ask you back next week.

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 16:48 - Jan 30 with 984 viewslondonlisa2001

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 16:44 - Jan 30 by Lohengrin

” People like Folau are utter scum.”

Oh! Lis, this isn’t Opportunity Knocks, mun. You don’t have to impersonate a Momentum spokesman. Huey isn’t about to ask you back next week.

I’m not impersonating anything.

We’ve spent the past few days all over the world remembering the holocaust and honouring the memory of those that were murdered.

Not only Jewish people, but gay people as well. They were murdered because of views that are identical to the views held by people like Folau.

Those that on the one hand pay tribute to the victims of the holocaust while crying ‘never again’ and on the other think Folau’s views are ‘whatever’ are guilty of enormous hypocrisy. He no more deserves the right to speak his hate than did the perpetrators of the holocaust deserve the right to speak their hate.
Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 16:52 - Jan 30 with 976 viewsLohengrin

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 16:48 - Jan 30 by londonlisa2001

I’m not impersonating anything.

We’ve spent the past few days all over the world remembering the holocaust and honouring the memory of those that were murdered.

Not only Jewish people, but gay people as well. They were murdered because of views that are identical to the views held by people like Folau.

Those that on the one hand pay tribute to the victims of the holocaust while crying ‘never again’ and on the other think Folau’s views are ‘whatever’ are guilty of enormous hypocrisy. He no more deserves the right to speak his hate than did the perpetrators of the holocaust deserve the right to speak their hate.

Here was me thinking he was an eccentric but no, apparently he’s Eichmann in togs?

You’ve gone so far overboard I can’t see you to throw the rubber ring, mun.

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 17:07 - Jan 30 with 952 viewsCatullus

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 16:37 - Jan 30 by londonlisa2001

I’m really not.

Some of the most hypocritical people I ever meet/met are the overly religious. Tnhere are so many examples seen on the news regulalry too.
Look at Christianity, full of contradictions and a seemingly endless supply of pedophile priests. Then there's Islam, in Islam it's a sin to be greedy, to garner wealth for the sake of being rich yet look at the ruling classes, they hoard wealth and are perversely rich.
Don't get me started on the Vatican.

Religion is a blight on the world. Money and religion, the 2 worst things ever invented.

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 17:12 - Jan 30 with 941 viewsDarran

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 17:07 - Jan 30 by Catullus

Some of the most hypocritical people I ever meet/met are the overly religious. Tnhere are so many examples seen on the news regulalry too.
Look at Christianity, full of contradictions and a seemingly endless supply of pedophile priests. Then there's Islam, in Islam it's a sin to be greedy, to garner wealth for the sake of being rich yet look at the ruling classes, they hoard wealth and are perversely rich.

Religion is a blight on the world. Money and religion, the 2 worst things ever invented.

Exactly there was a priest on in court for messing with little boys recently.

He had a coughing fit in the dock and the judge said “you should try sucking a fisherman’s friend.”

He said “fuçk off I’m in enough trouble as it is.”

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 17:17 - Jan 30 with 930 viewslondonlisa2001

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 16:52 - Jan 30 by Lohengrin

Here was me thinking he was an eccentric but no, apparently he’s Eichmann in togs?

You’ve gone so far overboard I can’t see you to throw the rubber ring, mun.

You haven’t been paying attention to what he’s said if you think he’s an eccentric. He’s an eccentric in the way Abu Hamza is an eccentric.

He’s a deeply dangerous individual.
Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 17:24 - Jan 30 with 912 viewslondonlisa2001

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 17:07 - Jan 30 by Catullus

I would only disagree with you to say it’s man’s interpretation of religion that’s the root of so much evil rather than religion itself. The belief in some sort of higher force isn’t the issue, it’s the stuff invented in that belief’s name as a means to obtain wealth and power.
Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 17:35 - Jan 30 with 900 viewsLohengrin

Israel Folau / Margaret Court on 17:17 - Jan 30 by londonlisa2001

You haven’t been paying attention to what he’s said if you think he’s an eccentric. He’s an eccentric in the way Abu Hamza is an eccentric.

He’s a deeply dangerous individual.

I think your definition of what constitutes ‘danger’ would differ from mine, Lis.

I heard a Scottish Minister thundering something very much like that years ago on Church Parade. We were stifling laughs rather than reaching for burning torches and pitchforks. Half the assembly were guilty of at least two on the list and looked to be heading South.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024