Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recruitment 21:42 - Feb 12 with 1627 viewskingslandstand1

Just been reading this. Doesn't seem too bad a strategy and may explain lack of movement in January, but what do the cynics among you think?

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/18228012.southampton-wait-till-summer-bring-ne
Recruitment on 20:59 - Feb 13 with 257 viewsthis_charming_man

Recruitment on 19:17 - Feb 13 by SonicBoom

Firstly I agree with nick, we have spent money. We just got the recruitment badly wrong.
That brings me to my second point. The club are doing what every business does. When there was one guy in charge of recruitment, and it was going well we were lauded as an example of prudence and good planning. Eventually too many bad choices cost Reed his job.
So the club then take the opposite view and seem to in the process of loading up with a bewildering array of execs all of whom will have some responsibility for recruitment but none of them will be entirely to blame if it goes wrong.
If it does we will no doubt swing back to clearing the managerial decks again and bringing in one recruitment supremo.

Regardless of name badges any club needs someone with an eye for a player, whether he be 30 million from europe or showing promise in the championship. There is no substitute for being a great talent spotter. Software helps of course but the main skill is the ability to see potential, and the charisma to sell the club to that player.
No amount of blue sky meetings, complicated job titles or decision making committees, change the basic skill of good recruitment whether its ten blokes or just one who does it.

“Loading up with a bewildering array of execs”

Not sure how you’ve come to that conclusion. We’ve brought in Croker and if we bring in this transfer fella then the set up will have exactly the same amount of people as when when Reed and Wilson were here.

Our “black box” is little more than a room full of geeks watching videos measuring running gaits, them and the clown Wilson have done for our recruitment for a few years. Be good to get some decent football people in
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 21:20]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Recruitment on 21:28 - Feb 13 with 229 viewsSonicBoom

True. But Reed was the recruitment guy above all else. Out when Kruger, Wilson, uncle tom cobbly and all.
Now have Semmens, who bought in Crocker, who I wrongly thought would be doing recruitment but no. Hes now bringing in someone else in the summer who will do recruitment. But not actually be responsible for it all. Just seems like we are over complicating something that doesnt need to be like that.
Recruitment on 21:45 - Feb 13 with 220 viewsthis_charming_man

Semmens has been there for ages, he got promoted when Kruger went. The problem we’ve had is Wilson was useless and no one else had any knowledge of football.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024