Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chapel End next season 16:01 - Feb 19 with 6161 viewsBar_Brother

A lot of fans will hate this proposal but I am utterly convinced that we need to make the Chapel end our main singing stand next season. I hope the club will rethink before announcing season tickets etc- I think there is a stronger case now than ever before to create our own Kop like end. The Northam and Itchen corner now serve no benefit to the team. Fans moan about the other stands and lack of atmosphere but let’s be honest that is not going to change/ for a number of reasons (demographics & average age of fan being one of them)
I also appreciate many fans detest the idea of a choreographed end with flags and people bouncing up and down in some euro style frenzy- but times have changed. St Mary’s is becoming increasingly depressing for our supporters- I personally don’t agree it’s because the team have been poor at home- we had better support in the championship the season we were relegated.
Sitting next to the away fans now is becoming embarrassing and quite honestly most away followings out sing us. Neutrals watching us on TV could be forgiven for not even realising there were fans who sing in the Northam. How much better would it look if we had a vociferous Chapel End- (what a great name for a home end!)Villa fans create a lot of noise from the Holte end as do palace and Liverpool- the other advantage is the noise from the Chapel would transmit across to the team and would be heard loud and clear by the away fans. Austin made some valid points- I really hope the club take a look at this and do something pro active for a change. From the supporters side there also has to be the will to make a change- what have we got to lose?
Chapel End next season on 11:53 - Feb 21 with 823 viewsfranniesTache

Chapel End next season on 11:35 - Feb 21 by SaintNick

I have always thought that the city's official hymn by Isaac Watts "Oh god our help in ages" would make a good song and no one else sings it

Would sound decent if it was sung properly, but i can't see the coked up seals in the northam keeping it going in time

Chapel End next season on 11:56 - Feb 21 with 818 viewsfranniesTache

On a similar note i think it'd be class for the club to play this on the anniversary of the titanic when it comes round, the line "we remember, we don't celebrate" sums up Southampton perfectly.

Unlike the Skates we don't tell tall tales, we do things with class instead.

Chapel End next season on 11:57 - Feb 21 with 818 viewsSaintNick

Chapel End next season on 11:53 - Feb 21 by franniesTache

Would sound decent if it was sung properly, but i can't see the coked up seals in the northam keeping it going in time

Isaac Watts watched Saints when our back four was a lot better than today judging by the 2nd verse

O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home:

Under the shadow of thy throne,
Thy saints have dwelt secure;
Sufficient is thine arm alone,
And our defense is sure.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Chapel End next season on 12:05 - Feb 21 with 812 viewsfranniesTache

Chapel End next season on 11:57 - Feb 21 by SaintNick

Isaac Watts watched Saints when our back four was a lot better than today judging by the 2nd verse

O God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home:

Under the shadow of thy throne,
Thy saints have dwelt secure;
Sufficient is thine arm alone,
And our defense is sure.

To be fair Nick there's some decent old Southampton folk songs that'd work for us, be unique and sound great, problem is no f*cker knows them.

Songs like The Sack of Southampton, Here in Southampton ( http://www.forest-tracks.co.uk/folk_music_wavs/HereinSoton.mp3) and the bells of St Mary's are all about our city and our history and would sound amazing if we sung them.
Chapel End next season on 12:29 - Feb 21 with 799 viewsWalkingRosie

Chapel End next season on 11:56 - Feb 21 by franniesTache

On a similar note i think it'd be class for the club to play this on the anniversary of the titanic when it comes round, the line "we remember, we don't celebrate" sums up Southampton perfectly.

Unlike the Skates we don't tell tall tales, we do things with class instead.

Northam do your job, Northam, Northam do your job

Chapel End next season on 12:34 - Feb 21 with 794 viewsWalkingRosie

Chapel End next season on 12:05 - Feb 21 by franniesTache

To be fair Nick there's some decent old Southampton folk songs that'd work for us, be unique and sound great, problem is no f*cker knows them.

Songs like The Sack of Southampton, Here in Southampton ( http://www.forest-tracks.co.uk/folk_music_wavs/HereinSoton.mp3) and the bells of St Mary's are all about our city and our history and would sound amazing if we sung them.

F**k knows why we don't sing the Bells of St Mary's - its written about the church where our club was formed. The Chapel Kop stands in its shadow for f**k sake.

United, Liverpool, Everton, West Ham, Spurs, Celtic, Rangers etc would be all over that.

Northam do your job, Northam, Northam do your job

Chapel End next season on 13:20 - Feb 21 with 766 viewsdirk_doone

Our fans haven't even managed to learn more than one verse of OWTS yet so they are going to find a whole new song extremely challenging.

There are several versions of the lyrics but I like 'the moon turns red with blood' verse and think we could at least add that one.

"When The Saints Go Marching In"

We are trav'ling in the footsteps
Of those who've gone before
But if we stand united
Then a new world is in store

O when the saints go marching in
When the saints go marching in
O Lord I want to be in that number

And when the sun begins to shine
And when the sun begins to shine

When the moon turns red with blood
When the moon turns red with blood
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 14:43]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Chapel End next season on 17:30 - Feb 21 with 702 viewsNewdawn2014

serious question , I dont know about the acoustics but I have heard some clubs play piped applause/singing ?
maybe we need to start thinking along the dark arts route !
Login to get fewer ads

Chapel End next season on 17:55 - Feb 21 with 688 viewsdirk_doone

Chapel End next season on 17:30 - Feb 21 by Newdawn2014

serious question , I dont know about the acoustics but I have heard some clubs play piped applause/singing ?
maybe we need to start thinking along the dark arts route !

They did it at Fratton Park when we played there this season but it didn't seem to help them.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024