Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
villa 14:13 - Feb 20 with 961 viewssaint22

Sofiane Boufal, Nathan Redmond and Kyle Walker-Peters out

Is Valery fit, or a make shift RB again????
villa on 15:09 - Feb 20 with 916 viewsDorsetIan

Oh dear, that is not good news! Without Redmond or Boufal we are much much weaker.

Here's a plan Ralph...

Move Bertrand to right back and move Stephens over to the left. Drop Romeu in alongside Vestergaard in central defence. Drop Ings back to the Redmond/Boufal role on the left (quick feet).

Armstong, PEH and JWP make up the midfield (if it ain't broke don't fix it).

And Bednarek and Long up front.

Seriously, as long as Djenepo doesn't start we'll be fine...

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

villa (n/t) on 22:39 - Feb 20 with 751 viewsDellHero

villa on 15:09 - Feb 20 by DorsetIan

Oh dear, that is not good news! Without Redmond or Boufal we are much much weaker.

Here's a plan Ralph...

Move Bertrand to right back and move Stephens over to the left. Drop Romeu in alongside Vestergaard in central defence. Drop Ings back to the Redmond/Boufal role on the left (quick feet).

Armstong, PEH and JWP make up the midfield (if it ain't broke don't fix it).

And Bednarek and Long up front.

Seriously, as long as Djenepo doesn't start we'll be fine...

[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 12:47]
villa on 07:20 - Feb 21 with 684 viewsHeisenberg

Saints will have 65% possession but create no chances. Villa will defend deep then catch us on the break or via a defensive cock up will score with 10 minutes to go. Hope I'm wrong but it's almost obvious.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

villa (n/t) on 08:05 - Feb 21 with 654 viewsDellHero

villa on 07:20 - Feb 21 by Heisenberg

Saints will have 65% possession but create no chances. Villa will defend deep then catch us on the break or via a defensive cock up will score with 10 minutes to go. Hope I'm wrong but it's almost obvious.

[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 12:48]
villa on 10:14 - Feb 21 with 597 viewssaint22

villa on 07:20 - Feb 21 by Heisenberg

I think Jack will get the ball drive at our back 4 who will back off deeper nd deeper no one will face him up and go out to him and he will find the top corner from edge of the box
villa on 10:19 - Feb 21 with 596 viewsIngskneeslide

villa on 10:14 - Feb 21 by saint22

I think Jack will get the ball drive at our back 4 who will back off deeper nd deeper no one will face him up and go out to him and he will find the top corner from edge of the box

Will you do our club a favour and not go tomorrow? We need positivity and passion tomorrow, not negativity and knicker-wetting. Even the BT commentators picked up on how negative our fans were last week and how it hindered our performance.
villa on 10:21 - Feb 21 with 592 viewsthis_charming_man

So your prediction for tomorrow is that "Jack" will score a wonder goal?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

villa on 10:21 - Feb 21 with 591 viewsTheMoog

Why would Stephens do that?

Standby to standby

Login to get fewer ads

villa on 10:21 - Feb 21 with 591 viewsthis_charming_man

villa on 10:19 - Feb 21 by Ingskneeslide

Will you do our club a favour and not go tomorrow? We need positivity and passion tomorrow, not negativity and knicker-wetting. Even the BT commentators picked up on how negative our fans were last week and how it hindered our performance.

I don't think you need to worry about him being there pal.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

villa on 10:27 - Feb 21 with 583 viewsDorsetIan

So, seriously, what would we all do in Ralph's shoes? Forget about right back, let's assume he will give Valery a run. How would everyone deal with the loss of Redmond/Boufal?

Obviously, I wouldn't replace them with Djenepo, but I am not sure what else Ralph can do? Play Obafemi there? Change to 4-3-3 or another formation?

I kind of think that Ralph's decision about this is going to be key tomorrow.

villa on 10:30 - Feb 21 with 577 viewsIngskneeslide

villa on 10:21 - Feb 21 by this_charming_man

I don't think you need to worry about him being there pal.

Do Tescos pay double time on a Saturday afternoon then? I’m sure he can listen to Jack ping in a 45 yard screamer on a little radio in the stock room
villa on 11:11 - Feb 21 with 558 viewssaint22

villa on 10:19 - Feb 21 by Ingskneeslide

Was there last week pal, along with my son so maybe they heard me
cant think why there is such negativity hey?
McCarthy awfully slow reluctance to start a quick break, or kicking it straight to touch
the constant sideways backwards passing
vestergaard slow casual approach to everything
the hours it takes for us to take throw ins
the endless errors leading to stupid goals
no clue why?
villa on 11:46 - Feb 21 with 543 viewsTimSaint

villa on 10:27 - Feb 21 by DorsetIan

So, seriously, what would we all do in Ralph's shoes? Forget about right back, let's assume he will give Valery a run. How would everyone deal with the loss of Redmond/Boufal?

Obviously, I wouldn't replace them with Djenepo, but I am not sure what else Ralph can do? Play Obafemi there? Change to 4-3-3 or another formation?

I kind of think that Ralph's decision about this is going to be key tomorrow.

When we stuffed Villa 6-1 a few years back, we used a 4-3-3 and Long was on the left of a front 3 with Mane right and Pelle central.

Perhaps Long could do another job there tomorrow if needed ?

I'm expecting Djenepo to start really, but would prefer he was used as an impact Sub.

What happened to McQueen ? Is he still injured from early last year ? He was the next up and coming left sided Saint wasn't he ?

TimSaint

villa on 12:08 - Feb 21 with 532 viewsDorsetIan

villa on 11:46 - Feb 21 by TimSaint

When we stuffed Villa 6-1 a few years back, we used a 4-3-3 and Long was on the left of a front 3 with Mane right and Pelle central.

Perhaps Long could do another job there tomorrow if needed ?

I'm expecting Djenepo to start really, but would prefer he was used as an impact Sub.

What happened to McQueen ? Is he still injured from early last year ? He was the next up and coming left sided Saint wasn't he ?

It's funny but I have a feeling we might put a few past them tomorrow. We haven't seen a thumping home win for ages.

I thought McQueen was out on loan somewhere but his loan to Boro ended last season. Good shout, if he is available. Ironically, Target could also have done a job there.

Yes, Djenepo on the bench for me too. I'd give him 10 mins at the end if we've already got a 3 goal lead and are running riot.

villa on 12:24 - Feb 21 with 520 viewssaint22

villa on 12:08 - Feb 21 by DorsetIan

It's funny but I have a feeling we might put a few past them tomorrow. We haven't seen a thumping home win for ages.

I thought McQueen was out on loan somewhere but his loan to Boro ended last season. Good shout, if he is available. Ironically, Target could also have done a job there.

Yes, Djenepo on the bench for me too. I'd give him 10 mins at the end if we've already got a 3 goal lead and are running riot.

we haven seen home win for ages let alone a thumping one
villa on 12:26 - Feb 21 with 519 viewsBicester_North

villa on 11:11 - Feb 21 by saint22

McCarthy awfully slow reluctance to start a quick break, or kicking it straight to touch
no clue why?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

villa on 12:29 - Feb 21 with 516 viewsIngskneeslide

villa on 11:11 - Feb 21 by saint22

no clue why?

Seriously, please stay away from SMS you miserable sack of sh!t
villa on 12:30 - Feb 21 with 516 viewsBicester_North

villa on 12:24 - Feb 21 by saint22

Me and my sons keep watching the Sunderland 8-0 and sobbing, while saying “hey” a lot.

villa on 12:41 - Feb 21 with 508 viewsDorsetIan

villa on 12:24 - Feb 21 by saint22

Spurs on 1 Jan. In the context of the long barren spells of recent years, that's like yesterday.

Think last time we scored more than 3 in the league was 4-1 Everton in November 2017 !

Villa on 13:05 - Feb 21 with 492 viewsdirk_doone

Gao took over in 2017 and there have been five transfer windows since then so now that we have a few injuries, the Villa game will be a good opportunity to see how well our squad has been strengthened during his years at the helm. With the departure of Cédric, alarm bells have started to ring but, like most of you, I'll be there tomorrow hoping for a win as an indication of the progress we have made against a team we have only lost to once (2013) in our last ten meetings.

2019/2020

Premier League
Sa 21Dec 2019

Aston Villa 1 - 3 Southampton

2015/2016

Premier League
Sa 23Apr 2016

Aston Villa 2 - 4 Southampton

Premier League
Sa 05Dec 2015

Southampton 1 - 1 Aston Villa

Capital One Cup
We 28Oct 2015

Southampton 2 - 1 Aston Villa

2014/2015

Premier League
Sa 16May 2015

Southampton 6 - 1 Aston Villa

Premier League
Mo 24Nov 2014

Aston Villa 1 - 1 Southampton

2013/2014

Premier League
Sa 19Apr 2014

Aston Villa 0 - 0 Southampton

Premier League
We 04Dec 2013

Southampton 2 - 3 Aston Villa

2012/2013

Premier League
Sa 12Jan 2013

Aston Villa 0 - 1 Southampton

Premier League
Sa 22Sep 2012

Southampton 4 - 1 Aston Villa
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 13:28]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

villa on 14:40 - Feb 21 with 437 viewssaint22

villa on 12:30 - Feb 21 by Bicester_North

Me and my sons keep watching the Sunderland 8-0 and sobbing, while saying “hey” a lot.

no pal
you just keep getting drunk on cheap booze & jizzing over you tube clips of Farage
villa on 14:43 - Feb 21 with 433 viewsTheMoog

villa on 14:40 - Feb 21 by saint22

no pal
you just keep getting drunk on cheap booze & jizzing over you tube clips of Farage

What do you think Deano’s game plan will be?

Standby to standby

villa on 15:39 - Feb 21 with 404 viewsBicester_North

villa on 14:40 - Feb 21 by saint22

no pal

That’s good Lauren, you’ve got i_would on your side liking your posts, you 2 should meet up at the Villa match and slag the club off for a couple of hours while looking like a pair of buck toothed weaklings.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024