Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flybe 23:37 - Mar 4 with 4689 views1ASIN12

Looking likely that another airline is going bust.

This could have a major impact in the region as not only do local business people and holiday makers use Flybe from Southampton airport it also counts for about 90% of flights fro the airport.

Troubling times for all those connected.
Flybe on 14:19 - Mar 5 with 1456 viewskingslandstand1

Flybe on 14:01 - Mar 5 by 1885_SFC

Pah. One day airliners will be obsolete. This is the future of air travel!

Weren't the Jetsons already doing that a few years ago?

Flybe on 17:09 - Mar 5 with 1410 viewskingslandstand1

LoganAir and Eastern Airways have taken over some flights from Soton to Manchester and Newcastle and Glasgow or Edinburgh as well so some bright news, but I see Checker Cars the cab company that did all the taxis from the airport have said they will close. That's a bit all eggs in one basket situation I guess so a bit daft in the first place
Flybe on 17:09 - Mar 5 with 1410 viewsthissceptredsaint

Flybe on 10:24 - Mar 5 by TheMoog

Rather than Sunak waking up one morning and deciding ‘fukk ‘em’ it is more probable this poorly run company has failed to convince the government it can pay back the £100m. Hardly the government’s fault.

Yet the prime minister fully supported bailing out the banks who were beyond being poorly run
Flybe on 18:22 - Mar 5 with 1392 viewsWinchesterExile

Flybe on 11:38 - Mar 5 by SalisburySaint

you might be ok

Flybe partner Blue Islands to run 'uninterrupted'

"A franchise partner of Flybe which flies to the Channel Islands has said it will operate "uninterrupted" despite the UK airline's collapse.

Blue Islands runs flights from Jersey and Guernsey to Bristol, Southampton, London City, East Midlands and Newquay.

It said it was "saddened" byFlybe's collapseand would put on additional flights to Exeter and Birmingham on Thursday to help passengers.

Exeter-based Flybe went into administration on Wednesday.

Blue Islands said in a statement that any Flybe passengers with an existing booking would be flown for free on a "first come, first served basis"."

Yep I’m on this. The problem is that Blue Islands don’t have their own booking system at the moment so you’ve got to go to the airport and try and buy a ticket on the day, first come first served. So I’m up at 5 on Saturday to try and get a ticket when they open at 6.

Christ, following Saints has never been easy but you can do without the additional aggro!

Anyway, hope I get there and it’s a good game. A win would be a bonus.
Flybe on 18:30 - Mar 5 with 1377 viewsWaylander

Flybe on 17:09 - Mar 5 by thissceptredsaint

Yet the prime minister fully supported bailing out the banks who were beyond being poorly run

The bailout was disallowed by EU competition rules which we are still subject to until the end of this year.
Flybe on 08:42 - Mar 6 with 1255 viewsUlsterBaz

It’s a bit inconvenient for the likes of myself (A choice now of up to Heathrow for dearer flights home or much longer drives to Gatwick or Luton) but it’s disastrous for all those Flybe employees, the regional airports who heavily relied on the airline (Southampton & Belfast City will both be in real trouble if new carriers aren’t found ASAP), an adverse knock on effect to local businesses and connectivity issues with the UK mainland for some communities.
Flybe on 11:20 - Mar 6 with 1209 viewskingslandstand1

Flybe on 08:42 - Mar 6 by UlsterBaz

It’s a bit inconvenient for the likes of myself (A choice now of up to Heathrow for dearer flights home or much longer drives to Gatwick or Luton) but it’s disastrous for all those Flybe employees, the regional airports who heavily relied on the airline (Southampton & Belfast City will both be in real trouble if new carriers aren’t found ASAP), an adverse knock on effect to local businesses and connectivity issues with the UK mainland for some communities.

Channel Islanders also hit particularly hard with access to Soton hospital etc for serious stuff
Flybe on 11:39 - Mar 6 with 1200 viewsSalisburySaint

Flybe on 11:20 - Mar 6 by kingslandstand1

Channel Islanders also hit particularly hard with access to Soton hospital etc for serious stuff

people from Isle of Man have similar issues geeting to mainland for treatment
Login to get fewer ads

Flybe on 15:07 - Mar 6 with 1156 viewsUlsterBaz

Flybe on 11:39 - Mar 6 by SalisburySaint

people from Isle of Man have similar issues geeting to mainland for treatment

Big time. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-51721845
Flybe on 20:16 - Mar 6 with 1117 viewsWinchesterExile

Flybe on 11:20 - Mar 6 by kingslandstand1

True and we raised £100k for the Cancer unit at Soton Hospital last year I think it was.
Flybe on 08:43 - Mar 7 with 1052 viewskentsouthampton

Flybe on 18:30 - Mar 5 by Waylander

The bailout was disallowed by EU competition rules which we are still subject to until the end of this year.

Absolute tosh,there are plenty of ways the government could have helped them out without breaking the rules.
The Germans are masters at it.
Flybe on 10:45 - Mar 8 with 984 viewskernow

Very bad news for Exeter and Newquay and the south west as a whole. Connectivity and livelihoods lost. Just the beginning I fear.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024