Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SFC’s latest financial report 07:23 - Mar 13 with 3240 viewsIngskneeslide

From Radio Solent:

Southampton has announced a loss of £39.3M for the year ending June 30th 2019

That’s a drop of nearly £75m from the previous year
SFC’s latest financial report on 17:42 - Mar 13 with 757 viewsTripleNiemi

SFC’s latest financial report on 17:41 - Mar 13 by this_charming_man

A better and more simple gauge is this

Are we in a better or worse position now than when Goa arrived almost 3 years ago?

I don’t know how anyone can make a case to answer better
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 17:45]

We could have a worst owner though

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

SFC’s latest financial report on 17:48 - Mar 13 with 742 viewsIngskneeslide

SFC’s latest financial report on 16:43 - Mar 13 by this_charming_man

I think it's hilarious, the hypocrisy is sensational. Between 2009-12 Cortese was the devil, could do no right, we had articles about everything from the lack of advertising board sales to endless articles about wasting money on Mayuka and Forren. These days though not a word of criticism for anyone, despite having £80m of players out on loan we cant give away. Plenty for the fans though for expressing justified concerns.

However, we were told, the stance of Cortese was justified, fans should ask questions of the club if there are concerns. Strangely things have changed now, now all people do is moan, moan, moan. New owners and players will check mongboards for what fans are saying about the club and be put off. Funnily enough that didn't happen between 2009-14 when we had endless articles criticising the chairman. We should all be positive and get on with it, because Goa isn't the best but isn't the worst either etc. Quite incredible really.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 16:55]

Spot on. Despite my criticisms of Nick on here (mostly for his love of both Gao and Liverpool...) I still have some respect for the role he played in the Branfoot era and later. This is what makes his current position so hard to understand. I don’t want to believe he has been bought, but it’s also hard to rule that out given the hypocrisy you’ve described.
SFC’s latest financial report on 18:28 - Mar 13 with 705 viewsSaintsforeverj

SFC’s latest financial report on 17:48 - Mar 13 by Ingskneeslide

Spot on. Despite my criticisms of Nick on here (mostly for his love of both Gao and Liverpool...) I still have some respect for the role he played in the Branfoot era and later. This is what makes his current position so hard to understand. I don’t want to believe he has been bought, but it’s also hard to rule that out given the hypocrisy you’ve described.

Nick's stance is very odd. He is either extremely stubborn or he is being paid. The big question that Nick should answer is why an earth did Gao buy our club when he is skint? What is the point?

To think that we can survive by buying cheaply, hoping these players suddenly become the next Messi is flawed. We got lucky with a few players like VD and Mane but now it's just not working. You can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear. Thinking that we can train Stephens and young players to become top players is nonsense. A good player is good player and an average one is average. You can't just magically make them good. It's a flawed policy. A naive Ralph has desperately tried to train our defence Valery, Stephens, Vestegared to become good. They are still as average / poor as they ever were.

So the future under Gao is one of selling Ings, Redmond etc to make up for the loss. We then have a weak team and struggle again next year, possibly going down. So how can this be supported? Nick come on you are supporting a flawed policy that will result in the club going more and more downhill. Selling a few good players in the summer will be very bad right for the on pitch performances right? Ralph will probably leave under these circumstances. I can only see trouble ahead. All under Gao's tenure. What fan in their right mind would support an owner that will lose a good manager, make the team poorer and sell the best players? Not something to get us fans excited about is it.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 18:36]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

SFC’s latest financial report on 18:49 - Mar 13 with 681 viewsBLEEDRED

Is it true we are paying around 250k a week to players out on loan?
SFC’s latest financial report (n/t) on 18:58 - Mar 13 with 667 viewsDellHero

SFC’s latest financial report on 17:48 - Mar 13 by Ingskneeslide

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:41]
SFC’s latest financial report on 19:06 - Mar 13 with 651 viewsHappy_Jack

The whole situation is a farce. They'll flog anyone they can to make up the shortfall whilst promoting the gastronomic delights of a burger and chips for 20 odd quid. The coonts are taking the absolute piss and anyone who thinks otherwise needs professional help.

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

SFC’s latest financial report (n/t) on 19:09 - Mar 13 with 647 viewsDellHero

SFC’s latest financial report on 19:06 - Mar 13 by Happy_Jack

The whole situation is a farce. They'll flog anyone they can to make up the shortfall whilst promoting the gastronomic delights of a burger and chips for 20 odd quid. The coonts are taking the absolute piss and anyone who thinks otherwise needs professional help.

[Post edited 10 May 2020 17:41]
SFC’s latest financial report on 10:04 - Mar 14 with 515 viewsthis_charming_man

SFC’s latest financial report on 18:49 - Mar 13 by BLEEDRED

Is it true we are paying around 250k a week to players out on loan?

Probably. Combined wages of about £400k for the 5 clowns, can’t imagine Celtic, Leganes, Antwerp and Galatasary can afford the full tab for them so we’re probably still paying half or more.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Login to get fewer ads

SFC’s latest financial report on 10:05 - Mar 14 with 513 viewsthis_charming_man

SFC’s latest financial report on 19:06 - Mar 13 by Happy_Jack

That just about sums it up

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024