Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus 23:39 - Mar 17 with 3454 viewsSaintNick

At least for the time being, all we seem to get is the bad news, but in China they have just shut down the last of the new hospitals they built to deal with the virus as the cases have fallen dramaticaly

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/coronavirus-wuhan-masks-video-doct

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 11:14 - Mar 19 with 892 viewsButty101

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 10:54 - Mar 19 by saint22

WAC he is proving to be
Mandate closures, as you should have done, you total imbecile or are all you Bullingdon boys scared they will lose money so you'd rather shaft the lower classes
Underfunding the NHS for ten years will really come home to roost now

Fella you are an embarrassment.

Look at how you react to a game of bloody football. I really dont think you are qualified to talk about real world problems.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 11:19 - Mar 19 with 882 viewsGasGiant

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 10:54 - Mar 19 by saint22

WAC he is proving to be
Mandate closures, as you should have done, you total imbecile or are all you Bullingdon boys scared they will lose money so you'd rather shaft the lower classes
Underfunding the NHS for ten years will really come home to roost now

What underfunding? I already posted once asking you to put up the figures, which you ran away from, and here you are posting the same rubbish again. I wonder whether you'd be brave enough to put up comparable funding data from the 13 years of Labour administration - you can even use index linked spending if you like. Show where the underfunding has occurred, and use actual data, not something you picked up second hand. How much more would you give the NHS and where would the money come from?
China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 11:32 - Mar 19 with 874 viewsdarthvader

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 09:27 - Mar 19 by 1885_SFC

China have got what they have always wanted...

to "coronise" the world.

keep the faith coyr

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 11:46 - Mar 19 with 865 viewsdirk_doone

Of the G7 group of developed countries, UK healthcare spending of £2,989 per person in 2017 was the second-lowest. Germany spent £4,432 per person.

As a percentage of GDP, UK healthcare spending fell from 9.8% in 2013 to 9.6% in 2017, while healthcare spending as a percentage of GDP rose for four of the remaining six G7 countries.

In 2017, the UK spent the equivalent of £560 per person on health-related long-term care, which was less than most other northern or western European countries.

The following 2018 list ranks European countries in terms of spending on healthcare per capita according to the OECD.

1 Switzerland
2 Luxembourg
3 Norway
4 Germany
5 Sweden
6 Netherlands
7 Denmark
8 France
9 Austria
10Ireland
11Belgium
12Iceland
13 United Kingdom

The UK is one of the top 5 nations in the world for expenditure on nuclear weapons.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 11:52]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 12:30 - Mar 19 with 815 viewsGasGiant

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 11:46 - Mar 19 by dirk_doone

Of the G7 group of developed countries, UK healthcare spending of £2,989 per person in 2017 was the second-lowest. Germany spent £4,432 per person.

As a percentage of GDP, UK healthcare spending fell from 9.8% in 2013 to 9.6% in 2017, while healthcare spending as a percentage of GDP rose for four of the remaining six G7 countries.

In 2017, the UK spent the equivalent of £560 per person on health-related long-term care, which was less than most other northern or western European countries.

The following 2018 list ranks European countries in terms of spending on healthcare per capita according to the OECD.

1 Switzerland
2 Luxembourg
3 Norway
4 Germany
5 Sweden
6 Netherlands
7 Denmark
8 France
9 Austria
10Ireland
11Belgium
12Iceland
13 United Kingdom

The UK is one of the top 5 nations in the world for expenditure on nuclear weapons.

If you want to use those stats could you also show how much of that Healthcare expenditure in those countries was through Central Government funding and how much was actually funded by private Health Insurance? WHat you will find is that the UK is one of the world's largest spenders in UK Government Healthcare. In all those other countries you mention, people top up their health provision with private insurance, as indeeed they do in the UK but not to the same extent. I don't think you read far enough into the article, but if your mission is just to smear the NHS or the Government then I guess that doesn't matter.
China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus (n/t) on 12:36 - Mar 19 with 803 viewsDellHero

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 12:30 - Mar 19 by GasGiant

If you want to use those stats could you also show how much of that Healthcare expenditure in those countries was through Central Government funding and how much was actually funded by private Health Insurance? WHat you will find is that the UK is one of the world's largest spenders in UK Government Healthcare. In all those other countries you mention, people top up their health provision with private insurance, as indeeed they do in the UK but not to the same extent. I don't think you read far enough into the article, but if your mission is just to smear the NHS or the Government then I guess that doesn't matter.

[Post edited 9 May 2020 22:20]
China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 12:43 - Mar 19 with 790 viewsBison

1 Switzerland
2 Luxembourg
3 Norway
4 Germany
5 Sweden
6 Netherlands
7 Denmark
8 France
9 Austria
10Ireland
11Belgium
12Iceland
13 United Kingdom

If you sourced the same article as me it looks like you tailored it to Europe , put the world in there and guess who comes out number 1 ?

United States.
Switzerland.
Luxembourg.
Norway.
Germany.
Sweden.
Netherlands.
Denmark.

Yes that's right the Yanks famous for their national Healthcare system .

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 13:01 - Mar 19 with 775 viewsdirk_doone

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 12:30 - Mar 19 by GasGiant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_health_expenditure_covered_by

You will find that a large number of people currently working in the NHS are unhappy with the level of funding it receives.

[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 13:06]

Login to get fewer ads

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 13:11 - Mar 19 with 756 viewsBison

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 13:01 - Mar 19 by dirk_doone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_health_expenditure_covered_by

You will find that a large number of people currently working in the NHS are unhappy with the level of funding it receives.

[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 13:06]

Try the ONS from 2019 not Wikipedia from 2016.

We are 7th above Germany in that one with only Japan as a comparable size above us

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/healthca

I think you can find whatever you want if you look hard enough on the Internet but to bemoan our government for not paying enough when we spend more public money on healthcare than Germany , Italy Spain France etc.... is not being fair.

Also look at how other countries work it , in France and many other countries you have to pay up front and then claim it back , same as Ireland I believe . Would you want to pay £50 up front to see a doctor then claim it back later ? In fact that might be a good idea it would stop people going fir stupid reasons which is probably why it costs so much to run.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 13:15]

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 13:33 - Mar 19 with 733 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

1 Switzerland
2 Luxembourg
3 Norway
4 Germany
5 Sweden
6 Netherlands
7 Denmark
8 France
9 Austria
10Ireland
11Belgium
12Iceland
13 United Kingdom

Italy isn't in that list, yet they have one of the very best healthcare systems in the world (if not THE best in the world) ... it's a meaningless table.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 14:47 - Mar 19 with 697 viewsdirk_doone

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 13:33 - Mar 19 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Italy isn't in that list, yet they have one of the very best healthcare systems in the world (if not THE best in the world) ... it's a meaningless table.

I'm not disputing your opinion, Gennaro. This is just a football message board where we sometimes chat about other things, usually subjects we have no great expertise in so most of our facts are merely the result of cursory online searches.

PS I hope you get through this safely.

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 22:54 - Mar 19 with 633 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

China Seems To Have Beaten The Virus on 14:47 - Mar 19 by dirk_doone

I'm not disputing your opinion, Gennaro. This is just a football message board where we sometimes chat about other things, usually subjects we have no great expertise in so most of our facts are merely the result of cursory online searches.

PS I hope you get through this safely.

True! I have no comeback :)

And thank you!

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024