Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. 12:10 - Apr 4 with 6934 viewsBison

The new leader of the Labour Party , everyone happy about it ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 12:23 - Jun 26 with 556 viewsDorsetIan

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 23:46 - Jun 25 by thissceptredsaint

https://www.jpost.com/diaspora/north-carolina-city-bans-any-training-with-israel

I think Sir Kier has an ulterior motive, I don't think Bailey is AS, think he just wanted another vanilla politician on the front bench. Boris Johnson was right this week in PMQs Starmer did yoyo

I'd say his primary motive was to distinguish himself from Corbyn in presenting a 'zero tolerance' approach to anti-semitism. If he wants Long Bailey off the front bench too, that's just a bonus for him.

Plenty of arguments to say that sacking her was harsh, but cracking down hard on people even if there are points in their defensive, sends out a very simple message that everyone can understand.

Something for Boris to learn in that.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 12:47 - Jun 26 with 542 viewsgrumpy

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 12:23 - Jun 26 by DorsetIan

I'd say his primary motive was to distinguish himself from Corbyn in presenting a 'zero tolerance' approach to anti-semitism. If he wants Long Bailey off the front bench too, that's just a bonus for him.

Plenty of arguments to say that sacking her was harsh, but cracking down hard on people even if there are points in their defensive, sends out a very simple message that everyone can understand.

Something for Boris to learn in that.

'PMQs Starmer did yoyo'

That's a joke coming from Boris.

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 13:26 - Jun 26 with 527 viewsSadoldgit

While I don’t believe that Corbyn was or us ant-Semitic, he could and should have done more to show that he was dealing with it effectively in the Labour Party. His problem was to differentiate between being pro Palestinian but not any- Semitic.

Starmer has done the right thing in sending out a strong early message. She had opportunities to remove the post and by not doing so set herself up for her own fall.

The Tories don’t seem to have the same issues although they have a serious problem within their ranks concerning Islamophobia and racism. But when their own leader and PM stands up and makes racist, Islamophobic and homophobic remarks, I suppose they are on home ground.
Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 13:40 - Jun 26 with 520 viewsBazza

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 13:26 - Jun 26 by Sadoldgit

While I don’t believe that Corbyn was or us ant-Semitic, he could and should have done more to show that he was dealing with it effectively in the Labour Party. His problem was to differentiate between being pro Palestinian but not any- Semitic.

Starmer has done the right thing in sending out a strong early message. She had opportunities to remove the post and by not doing so set herself up for her own fall.

The Tories don’t seem to have the same issues although they have a serious problem within their ranks concerning Islamophobia and racism. But when their own leader and PM stands up and makes racist, Islamophobic and homophobic remarks, I suppose they are on home ground.

Soggy, some good points until you could not resist a final paragraph making a ridiculous poke at the tories and the PM.
Are you really still hurting after Brexit and the General Election? Still it's only fair - I had to wait for 41 years for a vote to restore our democratic sovereignty.
Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 14:34 - Jun 26 with 505 viewsSadoldgit

Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 13:40 - Jun 26 by Bazza

Soggy, some good points until you could not resist a final paragraph making a ridiculous poke at the tories and the PM.
Are you really still hurting after Brexit and the General Election? Still it's only fair - I had to wait for 41 years for a vote to restore our democratic sovereignty.

It’s got nothing to do with Brexit Bazza and I really don’t want to get into all that about sovereignty again, but it is a fact that Labour and Corbyn got more of a roasting than Johnson and the Tories did over these issues. Johnson’s remarks and Tory Islamophobia barely get a mention whilst any sniff off anti-Semitism in the Labour Party and it all kicks off again!
Sir Kier Starmer , Knight of the Realm. on 00:43 - Jun 27 with 455 viewsthissceptredsaint

Good point
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024