Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't open the schools!!!! 10:21 - Jun 25 with 2140 viewsBoris_

Far too dangerous to open the schools, the parents and teachers said.

Meanwhile life outside of school is completely normal, parents are kicking their kids out for the day to mix in large groups with their friends whilst the parents sup cheap wine in the garden.

Other parents cram the kids in to the car and take them to packed beaches.

Parents aren't bothered about the virus and their kids catching it etc ( and so they shouldn't be, the facts show that to this date, only 2 people under the age of 16 have died from Covid. Around 30 children have died from Pneumonia. A similar amount from Suicide, similar amount from RTA's...)

Unions shout and scream about how it's unsafe for kids at school, backed up by teachers who will do anything to ride this out until they take their 'well deserved' 6 week holiday.

Now the 'outrage' at kids going back to school has been exposed as faux, perhaps the Unions should stop playing politics and parents should stop being lazy and get their children back to school where they should be?

This virus has exposed a pandemic of workshy people who want to do as little as possible and an addiction to furlough benefits.

Stop all benefits now and make people go back to work and kids go back to school.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 10:29]

Poll: Claude Puel

Don't open the schools!!!! on 10:31 - Jun 25 with 1621 viewsSadoldgit

Shout and scream? Really? I have not seen one union leader shout or scream. Let’s face it Doris. You don’t like left wing politics and you don’t like unions but you are just as boring and repetitive in your crusade against the left as those you accuse of being likewise on the opposite side of the spectrum. Another day, another rant at teachers.
Don't open the schools!!!! on 10:34 - Jun 25 with 1615 viewsBoris_

Don't open the schools!!!! on 10:31 - Jun 25 by Sadoldgit

Shout and scream? Really? I have not seen one union leader shout or scream. Let’s face it Doris. You don’t like left wing politics and you don’t like unions but you are just as boring and repetitive in your crusade against the left as those you accuse of being likewise on the opposite side of the spectrum. Another day, another rant at teachers.

Actually this rant is mainly aimed at the hypocritical parents who have been 'scared' to take their kids back to school but will happily cram them in at the beach or send them off with the same kids they would be at school with, just so they can have some peace and quiet.

We have become a nation full of workshy and benefit dependents.

Don't open the schools!!!! on 11:35 - Jun 25 with 1566 viewsdirk_doone

Until you get to know a foreigner really well, he is not going to give you an honest opinion about what he thinks of your nationality. He'll give you a diplomatic answer. But, having worked in 19 different countries in my lifetime and having made a lot of foreign friends, there is one word nearly all foreigners use to describe the British and that is lazy.

I'm sure that wouldn't have been the case even a few decades ago, when the British were generally characterized as being polite gentlemen. The second word they usually come out with, which may surprise you, is ugly. The Scandinavians have a joke that the Vikings took all of our beautiful women away, which is why we are so ugly.

These are our new national stereotypes. But, I don't think teachers are any lazier or uglier than the rest of us.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 11:39]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Don't open the schools!!!! on 11:39 - Jun 25 with 1553 viewsSadoldgit

But at least we have blue passports now!
Don't open the schools!!!! on 11:55 - Jun 25 with 1525 viewsarfurdent

Don't open the schools!!!! on 11:39 - Jun 25 by Sadoldgit

cheap and nasty crap made in the EU

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Don't open the schools!!!! on 11:58 - Jun 25 with 1517 viewsBoris_

Don't open the schools!!!! on 11:35 - Jun 25 by dirk_doone

Until you get to know a foreigner really well, he is not going to give you an honest opinion about what he thinks of your nationality. He'll give you a diplomatic answer. But, having worked in 19 different countries in my lifetime and having made a lot of foreign friends, there is one word nearly all foreigners use to describe the British and that is lazy.

I'm sure that wouldn't have been the case even a few decades ago, when the British were generally characterized as being polite gentlemen. The second word they usually come out with, which may surprise you, is ugly. The Scandinavians have a joke that the Vikings took all of our beautiful women away, which is why we are so ugly.

These are our new national stereotypes. But, I don't think teachers are any lazier or uglier than the rest of us.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 11:39]

I agree with you there Dirk and I don't single out teachers, although Teachers are a current example ( some of them ) of those who want as much as possible for doing as little as possible.

We are most definitely a lazy nation on the whole. Our benefits system is far too generous for a start.

I can only see it getting worse as the wet generation coming through University now move in to working life.

One good thing though is that if you are one of the ones willing to graft, then you will do well in life as the competition from likeminded hard workers becomes less and less.

Don't open the schools!!!! on 11:59 - Jun 25 with 1515 viewsBoris_

Well done Soppy. Another thread with a completely irrelevant comment!

Don't open the schools!!!! on 12:02 - Jun 25 with 1512 viewsdirk_doone

Don't open the schools!!!! on 11:55 - Jun 25 by arfurdent

cheap and nasty crap made in the EU

Since Thatcher closed down British manufacturing industry, not much is made in this country any more. I think one of the dreams of the Brexiteers is that no longer being able to rely on the EU will force the British to start making things again. Maybe it will. We'll see. Also, they think that no longer having EU workers, especially Poles, in this country to do the poorly-paid, manual jobs like waste disposal and farm labouring for us, will force British people to do them. Again, perhaps it will. We'll see.

Login to get fewer ads

Don't open the schools!!!! on 12:04 - Jun 25 with 1508 viewsJaySaint

Don't open the schools!!!! on 12:02 - Jun 25 by dirk_doone

Since Thatcher closed down British manufacturing industry, not much is made in this country any more. I think one of the dreams of the Brexiteers is that no longer being able to rely on the EU will force the British to start making things again. Maybe it will. We'll see. Also, they think that no longer having EU workers, especially Poles, in this country to do the poorly-paid, manual jobs like waste disposal and farm labouring for us, will force British people to do them. Again, perhaps it will. We'll see.

why are you assuming there will be no more EU workers?

that is simply untrue

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Don't open the schools!!!! on 12:07 - Jun 25 with 1501 viewsdirk_doone

Don't open the schools!!!! on 12:04 - Jun 25 by JaySaint

why are you assuming there will be no more EU workers?

that is simply untrue

Not for the poorly-paid, dirty jobs there won't be as they'll fall below the minimum salary threshold. For highly-paid white collar jobs they can still come here.

But, with the fall of the pound against the euro, wages in this country will no longer be attractive to workers from EU countries anyway.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 12:12]

Don't open the schools!!!! on 12:13 - Jun 25 with 1484 viewsSadoldgit

Don't open the schools!!!! on 12:02 - Jun 25 by dirk_doone

I’m guessing that there will have to be a u-turn on the immigration/low skilled workers policy at some point.
Don't open the schools!!!! on 12:18 - Jun 25 with 1467 viewsJaySaint

Don't open the schools!!!! on 12:13 - Jun 25 by Sadoldgit

I’m guessing that there will have to be a u-turn on the immigration/low skilled workers policy at some point.

That is the point, the govt can act accordingly...as opposed to not being able to

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Don't open the schools!!!! on 12:50 - Jun 25 with 1439 viewsdirk_doone

One of the key factors is the exchange rate. People involved in the remittance economy monitor the exchange rate very closely. The fact that Poland doesn't have the euro as its national currency has helped us retain many of their workers but the pound has fallen against nearly all currencies since the 2016 referendum, even the złoty, although not by as much as it has fallen against the euro.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off&sxsrf=ALeKk02amkN0LhsWdqv2FC-uOqBHco9jW

Don't open the schools!!!! on 13:04 - Jun 25 with 1424 viewsSadoldgit

Don't open the schools!!!! on 12:18 - Jun 25 by JaySaint

That is the point, the govt can act accordingly...as opposed to not being able to

But I thought that you lot wanted to keep the foreigners out?
Don't open the schools!!!! on 13:36 - Jun 25 with 1405 viewsRednWight

I didn't realise teachers and parents decided if schools could open or not
I thought the government made that decision

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Don't open the schools!!!! on 13:45 - Jun 25 with 1396 viewsBazza

Actually they're black
Don't open the schools!!!! on 14:01 - Jun 25 with 1384 viewsDorsetIan

Don't open the schools!!!! on 12:50 - Jun 25 by dirk_doone

One of the key factors is the exchange rate. People involved in the remittance economy monitor the exchange rate very closely. The fact that Poland doesn't have the euro as its national currency has helped us retain many of their workers but the pound has fallen against nearly all currencies since the 2016 referendum, even the złoty, although not by as much as it has fallen against the euro.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off&sxsrf=ALeKk02amkN0LhsWdqv2FC-uOqBHco9jW

I find it pretty ironic that many of the loudest pro-Brexit voices were also rabid freemarketeers.

They are happy to let 'market forces' resolve each and every economic decision - except the labour market. For that the State must decide and, no doubt, some kind of 5 year plan with be needed. Thank goodness we have the calibre of politician at the moment likely to make the right decisions.

As you hint, the irony will be that with a weaker economy and a weaker pound, fewer people will choose to come anyway. In fact, we may find in due course that we have to bend over backwards to attract economic migrants here.

Either that or we'll have to let all those who couldn't cut it when competing with migrant labour to do the work.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 14:01]

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Don't open the schools!!!! on 15:25 - Jun 25 with 1346 viewsBoris_

Don't open the schools!!!! on 13:04 - Jun 25 by Sadoldgit

But I thought that you lot wanted to keep the foreigners out?

Do you know the definition of 'controlled immigration' ?

Don't open the schools!!!! on 16:20 - Jun 25 with 1314 viewsBoris_

Don't open the schools!!!! on 13:36 - Jun 25 by RednWight

I didn't realise teachers and parents decided if schools could open or not
I thought the government made that decision

Show me Teachers and Parents demanding schools should open?

For every one you find, I will link you 10 articles saying they shouldn't. ( yet it's completely find for kids to carry on as normal out of school apparently as they won't catch the virus then )

Don't open the schools!!!! on 08:01 - Jun 26 with 1222 viewssledger

How many healthy people have actually succumbed to this virus,a pretty small % I would have thought so get the kids back to school,the workshy back to work and live normally and stop shi**ing ourselves
Don't open the schools!!!! on 08:37 - Jun 26 with 1211 viewsBoris_

Don't open the schools!!!! on 08:01 - Jun 26 by sledger

How many healthy people have actually succumbed to this virus,a pretty small % I would have thought so get the kids back to school,the workshy back to work and live normally and stop shi**ing ourselves

Exactly. People are banging on about excess deaths. Watch the excess deaths for the next couple of months be below the normal average. Of course the news won't report that.

What it will show is that the vast vast majority of deaths from Covid were from people already in hospital and not likely to come out, so it tipped them over the edge a month or two sooner.

Is giving people a month or two more in a hospital bed or seriously ill worth crippling the economy for decades and costing tens of thousands of currently healthy young lives through mental health and poverty related deaths in the coming years?

There is lots of faux fear about the virus which is based on nothing more than people not wanting to go back to work or bother to send their kids in to school. We are a workshy lazy nation.

Don't open the schools!!!! on 09:58 - Jun 26 with 1180 viewsSadoldgit

Don't open the schools!!!! on 08:37 - Jun 26 by Boris_

Exactly. People are banging on about excess deaths. Watch the excess deaths for the next couple of months be below the normal average. Of course the news won't report that.

What it will show is that the vast vast majority of deaths from Covid were from people already in hospital and not likely to come out, so it tipped them over the edge a month or two sooner.

Is giving people a month or two more in a hospital bed or seriously ill worth crippling the economy for decades and costing tens of thousands of currently healthy young lives through mental health and poverty related deaths in the coming years?

There is lots of faux fear about the virus which is based on nothing more than people not wanting to go back to work or bother to send their kids in to school. We are a workshy lazy nation.

Doris, probably as well you don’t have Matt Hancock’s job. You make even him sound competent. I’ve read some rubbish on social media over the years, but this takes the biscuit.
Don't open the schools!!!! on 10:26 - Jun 26 with 1163 viewscocklebreath

I’m a parent and I’m desperate for the schools to reopen as are all my friends with kids. The headmaster at my kids school wants to reopen to everyone but has had nothing from the government about how to do this, it’s been shambolic

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Don't open the schools!!!! on 10:36 - Jun 26 with 1148 viewsBison

Don't open the schools!!!! on 10:26 - Jun 26 by cocklebreath

I’m a parent and I’m desperate for the schools to reopen as are all my friends with kids. The headmaster at my kids school wants to reopen to everyone but has had nothing from the government about how to do this, it’s been shambolic

My wife works in a school and my youngest goes to a different school. They have already , off their own backs , arranged for all years to go back in some capacity.

I guess your local schools are crap or lacking in initiative , blaming the government don't cut it for me as I can see what can be achieved where there is a will to make it work.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Don't open the schools!!!! on 10:50 - Jun 26 with 1137 viewsthissceptredsaint

Covid is spiking in schools, the unions and parents were right.
Boris you are wrong
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024