Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football..... 15:28 - Apr 14 with 1680 viewssaint22

.....so back to this, IF what we hear is correct and lockdown is set to continue until May 7, will the PL ever restart, or is it done for this season?
Football..... on 23:10 - Apr 14 with 364 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Football..... on 22:55 - Apr 14 by this_charming_man

I do agree with you that it’s not important and I’ve not missed it, but it is a sense of normality returning for many.

True, I'm being selfish in my view I guess as so many do rely on it in their lives, despite it not being the be all and end all of life.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Football..... on 23:14 - Apr 14 with 357 viewsDorsetIan

Football..... on 22:55 - Apr 14 by this_charming_man

You’ve proven my point. 2 games in 2 seasons stand out For you as raw emotion.

They were just off the top of my head. I could give you plenty more (but I'm not going to).

And how does it prove the point that there is no raw emotion for me to give you examples of raw emotion. I think what I did was disprove your point, not prove it.

But whatever. If you're no longer feeling it, you're no longer feeling it. I'm sad for you.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Football..... on 23:16 - Apr 14 with 351 viewsthis_charming_man

Football..... on 23:14 - Apr 14 by DorsetIan

They were just off the top of my head. I could give you plenty more (but I'm not going to).

And how does it prove the point that there is no raw emotion for me to give you examples of raw emotion. I think what I did was disprove your point, not prove it.

But whatever. If you're no longer feeling it, you're no longer feeling it. I'm sad for you.

don’t be sad for me, I guess some of us have more in our lives.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Football..... on 23:20 - Apr 14 with 347 viewsDorsetIan

Football..... on 23:16 - Apr 14 by this_charming_man

don’t be sad for me, I guess some of us have more in our lives.

It's sad that you've lost something you once had (presumably). You could have had that AND all the other great things in your life. Just like me.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Football..... on 07:27 - Apr 15 with 281 viewsHeisenberg

So it's a lovely sunny day in June. At a reduced cost I can sit inside and watch back to back football all day every day. 12 hours every day a festival of greed. With a bit of luck I can spend shed loads of money actually watching a game live and you never know I might get to stand next to someone with face paint on or a group of lads putting mars bars on their heads.

Or.........I can spend some time with people I haven't been able to see for months and play with my grandkids in the garden. Or sit in a pub garden sipping a nice pint in the sun. I know what I will be doing. No doubt at some point I will become interested in football again but way before this crisis I like many others on here were becoming cynical about the whole game. It will need to change but I doubt it will. Will always love Saints but not football as it is now.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Football..... on 07:58 - Apr 15 with 260 viewsdirk_doone

I wonder what condition the players will be in? Even after a few weeks' break in the summer, it takes a long-pre-season to get them back to match fitness. I guess some will have kept themselves in reasonable shape while others will have let themselves go completely.

Quite a few of them will have had coronavirus, which may affect their breathing in match conditions. Players from teams which are comfortably mid-table will be even less motivated than usual while teams that are just above the relegation zone are going to say they have players showing coronavirus symptoms so their whole squad needs to self-isolate.

If the football authorities are going to force teams to play by June, when some (especially those just above the relegation zone) have voted against it, they are going to have a lot to answer for if even one member of the backroom staff - a cleaner, cook, groundsman, team doctor etc - dies.

When there is a good chance that there will be a vaccine available by September, why rush? It's not as if we usually have football in the summer anyway. It's the cricket season.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 8:15]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Football..... on 07:59 - Apr 15 with 259 viewsBicester_North

Football..... on 07:27 - Apr 15 by Heisenberg

So it's a lovely sunny day in June. At a reduced cost I can sit inside and watch back to back football all day every day. 12 hours every day a festival of greed. With a bit of luck I can spend shed loads of money actually watching a game live and you never know I might get to stand next to someone with face paint on or a group of lads putting mars bars on their heads.

Or.........I can spend some time with people I haven't been able to see for months and play with my grandkids in the garden. Or sit in a pub garden sipping a nice pint in the sun. I know what I will be doing. No doubt at some point I will become interested in football again but way before this crisis I like many others on here were becoming cynical about the whole game. It will need to change but I doubt it will. Will always love Saints but not football as it is now.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Football..... on 08:31 - Apr 15 with 228 viewssaint22

Football..... on 07:27 - Apr 15 by Heisenberg

if you can sit in a pub garden by then.......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024