Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tough read 12:04 - Apr 19 with 14111 viewssaint22

This tells you how mistakes have cost lives and futures

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/18/how-did-britain-get-its-response-t
Tough read on 11:33 - Apr 28 with 478 viewssaint68

Tough read on 11:04 - Apr 28 by 1885_SFC

If I close my eyes and concentrate hard enough - I can see that Tom Cruise film 'War of the Worlds' and the bit where the alien craft bursts out of the pavement and proceeds to zap everything & everyone in its path. And then, like the majority of people who have seen the film, it triggers your mind into thinking 'Imagine if that really happened'. Sure - it's just a sci-fi movie made to entertain... but imagine - for one second - if that really did happen, and just as we're getting over a viral pandemic across the globe - we wake up tomorrow morning to news headlines that, FFS, as if the virus wasn't bad enough - now there's a fookin' alien invasion!

You would be straight on here, without doubt, pointing the finger at Boris and his Defence Minister - saying "Why oh why didn't the government have a plan in place to tackle the invaders" and bleating on about how there is a shortage of missiles on the front line, Armed Forces cuts, blah blah blah.

THAT is my point regarding your mindset.

Nods in agreement

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Tough read on 12:24 - Apr 28 with 455 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 11:04 - Apr 28 by 1885_SFC

If I close my eyes and concentrate hard enough - I can see that Tom Cruise film 'War of the Worlds' and the bit where the alien craft bursts out of the pavement and proceeds to zap everything & everyone in its path. And then, like the majority of people who have seen the film, it triggers your mind into thinking 'Imagine if that really happened'. Sure - it's just a sci-fi movie made to entertain... but imagine - for one second - if that really did happen, and just as we're getting over a viral pandemic across the globe - we wake up tomorrow morning to news headlines that, FFS, as if the virus wasn't bad enough - now there's a fookin' alien invasion!

You would be straight on here, without doubt, pointing the finger at Boris and his Defence Minister - saying "Why oh why didn't the government have a plan in place to tackle the invaders" and bleating on about how there is a shortage of missiles on the front line, Armed Forces cuts, blah blah blah.

THAT is my point regarding your mindset.

Trust me, if there were alien tripod’s firing death rays roaming the country, the last thing I would be doing is posting on a mongboard!

How do you feel about the thousands of journalists and news broadcasters doing the same thing? Aren’t we lucky to have a free society where people are held to account if there performance is poor. Or does that only count if you are the Labour Party under Jeremy Corbin?

So back to the handling of the situation so far as there are no alien’s firing death rays here - the SAGE advisers did not include any molecular virologists, immunologists or intensive care experts, but it did have Dominic Cummings (source - The Guardian).
Tough read on 12:50 - Apr 28 with 444 views1885_SFC

Tough read on 12:24 - Apr 28 by Sadoldgit

Trust me, if there were alien tripod’s firing death rays roaming the country, the last thing I would be doing is posting on a mongboard!

How do you feel about the thousands of journalists and news broadcasters doing the same thing? Aren’t we lucky to have a free society where people are held to account if there performance is poor. Or does that only count if you are the Labour Party under Jeremy Corbin?

So back to the handling of the situation so far as there are no alien’s firing death rays here - the SAGE advisers did not include any molecular virologists, immunologists or intensive care experts, but it did have Dominic Cummings (source - The Guardian).

"Calm down SOG. Now whereabouts in the basement did you say you kept the PPE?".

Old School is Cool

Tough read on 14:13 - Apr 28 with 407 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 12:50 - Apr 28 by 1885_SFC

"Calm down SOG. Now whereabouts in the basement did you say you kept the PPE?".

My wife walked into the lounge yesterday wearing a pair of goggles and a face mask that I use for sanding and a pair of gardening gloves, scared the cr*p out of me. She suggested that I wear the gear on my next trip to Tescos. I think that I would rather contract the virus! 🤪
Tough read on 14:17 - Apr 28 with 401 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 14:13 - Apr 28 by Sadoldgit

My wife walked into the lounge yesterday wearing a pair of goggles and a face mask that I use for sanding and a pair of gardening gloves, scared the cr*p out of me. She suggested that I wear the gear on my next trip to Tescos. I think that I would rather contract the virus! 🤪

Why would it scare the crap out of you? Seems a bit dramatic

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Tough read on 14:48 - Apr 28 with 388 viewsSadoldgit

Tough read on 14:17 - Apr 28 by this_charming_man

Why would it scare the crap out of you? Seems a bit dramatic

Why dramatic? You seem to want to make an issue out of everything. Why is that?

For your information, she is very quiet and often appears from nowhere and it makes me jump. The older you get the more your nervous system doesn’t function so well. It didn’t help that she looked like an extra from Doctor Who. So, no drama. Is that ok?
Tough read on 16:10 - Apr 28 with 368 viewsthis_charming_man

Tough read on 14:48 - Apr 28 by Sadoldgit

Why dramatic? You seem to want to make an issue out of everything. Why is that?

For your information, she is very quiet and often appears from nowhere and it makes me jump. The older you get the more your nervous system doesn’t function so well. It didn’t help that she looked like an extra from Doctor Who. So, no drama. Is that ok?

No issue I just asked you why you’d be scared of your wife walking into a room wearing a face mask, you seem bit defensive. All okay pal?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Tough read on 17:23 - Apr 28 with 337 viewsOccasional_Showers

Tough read on 16:10 - Apr 28 by this_charming_man

No issue I just asked you why you’d be scared of your wife walking into a room wearing a face mask, you seem bit defensive. All okay pal?

I think soggy was just trying to add a bit of excitement to the story.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024