Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTD Bonkers 22:11 - Apr 27 with 1502 viewskingslandstand1

Just watched recorded from Sat night with Lineker, Shearer and Ian Wright and the stories they had. Some great moments but Shearer tells the story when Mark Dennis turned up at training with his brother and dad to knock the sh1t out of Chris Nichol cos the previous day he'd called him a w@nk*r!
Not just that but the way they tell this and other stories is worth a laugh. Wrighty is well on form
MOTD Bonkers on 22:19 - Apr 27 with 1228 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

It's been a brilliant series - I mentioned this the other night that I love it, because it reminds me that the last good football was in the 90s and the 3 of them have cracked me up.

Really well done!

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

MOTD Bonkers on 22:36 - Apr 27 with 1210 viewskingslandstand1

MOTD Bonkers on 22:19 - Apr 27 by Gennaro_Contaldo

It's been a brilliant series - I mentioned this the other night that I love it, because it reminds me that the last good football was in the 90s and the 3 of them have cracked me up.

Really well done!

Lineker talking about the time in the Italia 90 World Cup where he sh@t himself on the pitch - who'd have thought it!!
MOTD Bonkers on 22:39 - Apr 27 with 1197 viewsgreen

I didn’t think I’d like it but credit to them it’s been good. Next week they’re doing a top 10 of players outside the big 6 - obviously we’re biased and Le Tiss is number one but wonder where they’ll place him?
MOTD Bonkers on 23:04 - Apr 27 with 1174 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

MOTD Bonkers on 22:39 - Apr 27 by green

I didn’t think I’d like it but credit to them it’s been good. Next week they’re doing a top 10 of players outside the big 6 - obviously we’re biased and Le Tiss is number one but wonder where they’ll place him?

Shearer will put Le Tissier at number 1.

My wife and I laugh, we have a bet on how soon Shearer mentions his time at Saints; Saints have had a LOT of airtime in this new MoTD series!!

MOTD Bonkers on 23:31 - Apr 27 with 1141 viewsdirk_doone

MOTD Bonkers on 23:04 - Apr 27 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Shearer will put Le Tissier at number 1.

My wife and I laugh, we have a bet on how soon Shearer mentions his time at Saints; Saints have had a LOT of airtime in this new MoTD series!!

It's amazing but for a provincial club, we have had some of the greatest players in the history of English football playing for us, and Shearer is just one of them.

A mate of mine, who supports another team, put his team's all-time greatest XI up on FB and asked others to do the same. He got replies from fans of various big clubs but people were amazed at just how good our all-time best team was.

Only Man United and Liverpool could compete with it. When you think that Osgood always gets in as the central striker in the all-time best Chelsea XI but would probably only be about 8th best in ours, it gives you some idea of the quality players we have had.

It's easy to knock Premier League footballers, or anybody rich and famous, but Shearer, Wright and Lineker always come across as decent blokes and I'm sure there are many more like them.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 23:40]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

MOTD Bonkers on 23:54 - Apr 27 with 1121 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

MOTD Bonkers on 23:31 - Apr 27 by dirk_doone

It's amazing but for a provincial club, we have had some of the greatest players in the history of English football playing for us, and Shearer is just one of them.

A mate of mine, who supports another team, put his team's all-time greatest XI up on FB and asked others to do the same. He got replies from fans of various big clubs but people were amazed at just how good our all-time best team was.

Only Man United and Liverpool could compete with it. When you think that Osgood always gets in as the central striker in the all-time best Chelsea XI but would probably only be about 8th best in ours, it gives you some idea of the quality players we have had.

It's easy to knock Premier League footballers, or anybody rich and famous, but Shearer, Wright and Lineker always come across as decent blokes and I'm sure there are many more like them.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2020 23:40]

On the last paragraph, absolutely agree - in this series they've been shown to be human and very entertaining. I don't know if any of them have an autobiography, but I'd definitely give them a read.

And you're right, we've seen some quality players come and go through our club. Nothing will ever top the Keegan signing and I'm annoyed I'm too young to have enjoyed that moment/season.

Of the 2000s though, my favourite 'saints' memory is Lambert scoring for England against Scotland.

MOTD Bonkers on 00:00 - Apr 28 with 1120 viewsdirk_doone

MOTD Bonkers on 23:54 - Apr 27 by Gennaro_Contaldo

On the last paragraph, absolutely agree - in this series they've been shown to be human and very entertaining. I don't know if any of them have an autobiography, but I'd definitely give them a read.

And you're right, we've seen some quality players come and go through our club. Nothing will ever top the Keegan signing and I'm annoyed I'm too young to have enjoyed that moment/season.

Of the 2000s though, my favourite 'saints' memory is Lambert scoring for England against Scotland.

I remember the exact moment I heard Keegan had signed for us: my uncle had heard it on the radio and rushed across to tell me. It just seemed incredible. And I was at Wembley to see Rickie Lambert score that winning goal v Scotland (it's the only time I have seen all of the England fans leaving Wembley after a game singing one player's name), so I concur

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

MOTD Bonkers on 08:48 - Apr 28 with 992 viewsSadoldgit

My wife, who doesn’t like football, thought that the show was hilarious. These three are always good value but are excellent in this format, especially Wrighty, who comes across as a naughty schoolboy.
Login to get fewer ads

MOTD Bonkers on 10:58 - Apr 28 with 945 viewskingslandstand1

MOTD Bonkers on 00:00 - Apr 28 by dirk_doone

I remember the exact moment I heard Keegan had signed for us: my uncle had heard it on the radio and rushed across to tell me. It just seemed incredible. And I was at Wembley to see Rickie Lambert score that winning goal v Scotland (it's the only time I have seen all of the England fans leaving Wembley after a game singing one player's name), so I concur

I can also remember the time it was announced when he signed for Newcastle as I was sure he would stay another season ………….. It was also the one bit of Auf Weidersein Pet that I didn't like when Oz, at the end of that 1st series, said "but the good thing is, Kevin Keegan has just signed for Newcastle" and had that big smile on his face
MOTD Bonkers on 11:04 - Apr 28 with 940 viewskingslandstand1

MOTD Bonkers on 08:48 - Apr 28 by Sadoldgit

My wife, who doesn’t like football, thought that the show was hilarious. These three are always good value but are excellent in this format, especially Wrighty, who comes across as a naughty schoolboy.

"Naughty schoolboy"? I'll bet he was an absolute pain in the arris at school, assuming he turned up, but he still has that aura about him now as he didn't turn pro til he was about 20 or 21 so was pretty street wise.
As he said in the programme on Saturday that one moment he was playing in the local leagues on a Sunday morning when scraps on and off the field were fairly commonplace, and then 6 months later he was playing pro football at the highest level and realised that you couldn't do that
But he was certainly fiery on the pitch and a great character
MOTD Bonkers on 11:39 - Apr 28 with 924 viewskernow

Sounds like a good watch. Shame to miss it. Is it on Iplayer?
MOTD Bonkers on 11:44 - Apr 28 with 918 viewskingslandstand1

MOTD Bonkers on 11:39 - Apr 28 by kernow

Sounds like a good watch. Shame to miss it. Is it on Iplayer?

MAy be as I think they were releasing these as podcasts initially and may be on catch up I'd guess
MOTD Bonkers on 11:48 - Apr 28 with 915 viewsthis_charming_man

I’m surprised the loons on here and twitter aren’t in meltdown over Gary linekars racism for asking Ian Wright if his time in the jungle helped with lockdown

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

MOTD Bonkers on 11:53 - Apr 28 with 911 viewsBrands_Hatch_Saints

Is this on BBC iPlayer may I ask?
MOTD Bonkers on 11:55 - Apr 28 with 907 viewsSadoldgit

MOTD Bonkers on 11:04 - Apr 28 by kingslandstand1

"Naughty schoolboy"? I'll bet he was an absolute pain in the arris at school, assuming he turned up, but he still has that aura about him now as he didn't turn pro til he was about 20 or 21 so was pretty street wise.
As he said in the programme on Saturday that one moment he was playing in the local leagues on a Sunday morning when scraps on and off the field were fairly commonplace, and then 6 months later he was playing pro football at the highest level and realised that you couldn't do that
But he was certainly fiery on the pitch and a great character

I expect he was. Like you I was interested to hear him talk about playing in park pitches one minute and big crowds the next. Must have been hard to adjust for many of them. At least with the academies now the youngsters aren’t just thrown into the deep end. My brother had a chat with Wrighty at an airport and said he was very friendly and spoke for ages about football. I have a love hate relationship with him. Love his impish sense of humour as a pundit. Hate him for the number of goals he scored against us!
MOTD Bonkers on 11:57 - Apr 28 with 901 viewskingslandstand1

MOTD Bonkers on 11:53 - Apr 28 by Brands_Hatch_Saints

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/257926/3842214/motd-bon

MOTD Bonkers on 12:12 - Apr 28 with 889 viewskernow

MOTD Bonkers on 11:55 - Apr 28 by Sadoldgit

I expect he was. Like you I was interested to hear him talk about playing in park pitches one minute and big crowds the next. Must have been hard to adjust for many of them. At least with the academies now the youngsters aren’t just thrown into the deep end. My brother had a chat with Wrighty at an airport and said he was very friendly and spoke for ages about football. I have a love hate relationship with him. Love his impish sense of humour as a pundit. Hate him for the number of goals he scored against us!

Same love hate re Wrighty.
Always remember the day Kenny Monkou kept him quiet though.
MOTD Bonkers on 13:36 - Apr 28 with 828 viewsDellHero_Would

MOTD Bonkers on 11:53 - Apr 28 by Brands_Hatch_Saints

Welcome BHS, as is the tradition, your top 3 biscuits sir?

Poll: Wearing a mask

MOTD Bonkers on 13:49 - Apr 28 with 805 viewsBrands_Hatch_Saints

MOTD Bonkers on 13:36 - Apr 28 by DellHero_Would

Welcome BHS, as is the tradition, your top 3 biscuits sir?

BHS. Lol. I guess I should ahve given my user name a bit more thought.
MOTD Bonkers on 13:52 - Apr 28 with 796 viewsthis_charming_man

MOTD Bonkers on 13:49 - Apr 28 by Brands_Hatch_Saints

BHS. Lol. I guess I should ahve given my user name a bit more thought.

You could have called yourself

digestive_hobbob_garribaldi_saint

Which not only would have been a never before seen user name it would also answer the first question many new poster gets asked

MOTD Bonkers on 13:56 - Apr 28 with 789 viewsBrands_Hatch_Saints

MOTD Bonkers on 13:52 - Apr 28 by this_charming_man

You could have called yourself

digestive_hobbob_garribaldi_saint

Which not only would have been a never before seen user name it would also answer the first question many new poster gets asked

Got to be honest, not really a biscuit man, unless it is covered in 3 inches of chocolate.
MOTD Bonkers on 13:59 - Apr 28 with 776 viewsthis_charming_man

MOTD Bonkers on 13:56 - Apr 28 by Brands_Hatch_Saints

Got to be honest, not really a biscuit man, unless it is covered in 3 inches of chocolate.

Is your user name because of where you live or because you love hatch back cars pal?

MOTD Bonkers on 14:05 - Apr 28 with 762 viewsBrands_Hatch_Saints

MOTD Bonkers on 13:59 - Apr 28 by this_charming_man

Is your user name because of where you live or because you love hatch back cars pal?

I was born in Swanley very close by and used to go to see F1 there every year until the last meeting held there in 1986.
MOTD Bonkers on 14:21 - Apr 28 with 750 viewsSadoldgit

MOTD Bonkers on 14:05 - Apr 28 by Brands_Hatch_Saints

I was born in Swanley very close by and used to go to see F1 there every year until the last meeting held there in 1986.

I love Brands, especially the GP circuit. I used to go there a lot in the 70’s. As well as the Grand Pric they also used to have another F1 race called the Race of Champions, so 2 F1 meetings a year. Gutted when they moved the GP to Silverstone. I used to go to the F5000 meetings too - like F1 but with 5 litre engines. I used to live near Bromley, so getting there was never a problem. Not been there for years but keep meaning to go back. A neighbour races in the classic F1 meetings (he has a Heron which used to race in S African F1 meetings) so maybe will get along to one of his meetings one day.
MOTD Bonkers on 14:29 - Apr 28 with 741 viewsBrands_Hatch_Saints

MOTD Bonkers on 14:21 - Apr 28 by Sadoldgit

I love Brands, especially the GP circuit. I used to go there a lot in the 70’s. As well as the Grand Pric they also used to have another F1 race called the Race of Champions, so 2 F1 meetings a year. Gutted when they moved the GP to Silverstone. I used to go to the F5000 meetings too - like F1 but with 5 litre engines. I used to live near Bromley, so getting there was never a problem. Not been there for years but keep meaning to go back. A neighbour races in the classic F1 meetings (he has a Heron which used to race in S African F1 meetings) so maybe will get along to one of his meetings one day.

<b>I used to go to the F5000 meetings too - like F1 but with 5 litre engines.</b>

When I went, that was called thunder sports. Some of them were doing laps in quicker times than the F1 cars, and man were they noisy or what.

Brands definitely had something special about it. Silverstone always struck me as cold and sterile by comparison.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024