Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ouch 07:37 - Apr 30 with 5041 viewssaint22

Tough read for the Boris fans here. Apologies it’s rather long so try your best

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/29/revealed-the-inside-story-of-uk-co
Ouch on 08:39 - Apr 30 with 1672 viewsDorsetIan

You’re not allowed to post stuff from The Guardian. And if you post anything from The Telegraph or Daily Mail, you’ll be accused of hypocrisy.

Everything’s fine pal. Just stop moaning.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ouch on 09:06 - Apr 30 with 1660 viewsthis_charming_man

oh great it's the daily rehashed story repeating the last 45 days as to how useless the government are from the hateful left.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Ouch on 09:35 - Apr 30 with 1609 viewsJaySaint

I can't seem to find the leading articles (in the guardian) of how Priti Patel and Aaron Banks have been cleared.

I am sure the crazy cat lady, Carole Codswallop will do a fitting piece any moment now.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Ouch on 09:36 - Apr 30 with 1607 viewsOccasional_Showers

Ouch on 09:06 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

oh great it's the daily rehashed story repeating the last 45 days as to how useless the government are from the hateful left.

It’s like a parallel universe of the reality in the country. Boris is back leading the Corona daily chat later and I’m sure that will give us all a tremendous boost.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Ouch on 09:37 - Apr 30 with 1605 viewssaint22

Ouch on 09:06 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

clearly you didn't read that then
ignorance is bliss hey pal
Ouch on 09:43 - Apr 30 with 1591 viewsBicester_North

Ouch on 09:37 - Apr 30 by saint22

Hey Benny, You do a good job of getting people to support Boris. As they wouldn’t want to hold the same views as a weak, sick, lying fantasist weirdo. Hey, geddit??

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ouch on 09:44 - Apr 30 with 1586 viewsJaySaint

Ouch on 09:36 - Apr 30 by Occasional_Showers

It’s like a parallel universe of the reality in the country. Boris is back leading the Corona daily chat later and I’m sure that will give us all a tremendous boost.

it is very funny that Boris is pretty popular across the country, yet a section of the Cult of Corbyn, Extinction Rebellion lot, HATE IT!

Horrible, nasty minority group that they are.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Ouch on 09:46 - Apr 30 with 1576 viewsDorsetIan

It's good to see TUI's three leading Govt apologists joining forces to defeat this terrible piece of information sharing.

The Guardian piece states

"All are wary of being wise in hindsight, and sympathetic to ministers who took decisions they felt were right at the time.

But with Covid-19 having spread virulently, particularly during those first three weeks of March, more than 21,000 people have now died in hospitals alone and Britain is predicted to be possibly the worst affected country in Europe. There are profound questions to be answered, about why Johnson’s government stood alone among the countries of the world, pursuing that herd immunity approach, and why, when they realised stricter measures were needed, the lockdown was still delayed."

Most of the article is factual rather than opinion. It's an interesting read...

TCM, if you insist on burying your head in the sand about all this, I am not sure why you feel the need to surface from time to time to criticise those who don't want to join you?

Ignatius, yes, Boris can help you jack off later this afternoon.

Jay - keep the whataboutery coming. It's original stuff.

Login to get fewer ads

Ouch on 09:59 - Apr 30 with 1566 viewsthis_charming_man

Ouch on 09:37 - Apr 30 by saint22

I've read it today and yesterday and the day before that and the 41 days before that. Nothing new to see here Ben.

I've actually just been on a call with our President, (French) and our VP of sales (Spanish) and my boss (French living in Munich) they say no government has covered themselves in glory or been clear and got it right, but they see quite a lot more complaining in the UK media than everywhere else. Pretty damning.

Ouch on 10:06 - Apr 30 with 1551 viewsthis_charming_man

Ouch on 09:46 - Apr 30 by DorsetIan

It's good to see TUI's three leading Govt apologists joining forces to defeat this terrible piece of information sharing.

The Guardian piece states

"All are wary of being wise in hindsight, and sympathetic to ministers who took decisions they felt were right at the time.

But with Covid-19 having spread virulently, particularly during those first three weeks of March, more than 21,000 people have now died in hospitals alone and Britain is predicted to be possibly the worst affected country in Europe. There are profound questions to be answered, about why Johnson’s government stood alone among the countries of the world, pursuing that herd immunity approach, and why, when they realised stricter measures were needed, the lockdown was still delayed."

Most of the article is factual rather than opinion. It's an interesting read...

TCM, if you insist on burying your head in the sand about all this, I am not sure why you feel the need to surface from time to time to criticise those who don't want to join you?

Ignatius, yes, Boris can help you jack off later this afternoon.

Jay - keep the whataboutery coming. It's original stuff.

It isn't hard to work out, Britain is the most densely populated large country in Europe, so obviously we will have higher infections and deaths. Maybe that's the fault of the Tories too for not building more towns in Cornwall and Ayrshire.

Ouch on 10:11 - Apr 30 with 1537 viewsDorsetIan

Ouch on 09:59 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

I've read it today and yesterday and the day before that and the 41 days before that. Nothing new to see here Ben.

I've actually just been on a call with our President, (French) and our VP of sales (Spanish) and my boss (French living in Munich) they say no government has covered themselves in glory or been clear and got it right, but they see quite a lot more complaining in the UK media than everywhere else. Pretty damning.

Shooting the messenger has always been a top tactic when you don't like the news.

But the UK's Covid stats speak for themselves. Something has not gone well and if you're not interested in why that might be, why get so excited by those who are?

Ouch on 10:12 - Apr 30 with 1542 viewsthis_charming_man

Ouch on 10:11 - Apr 30 by DorsetIan

Shooting the messenger has always been a top tactic when you don't like the news.

But the UK's Covid stats speak for themselves. Something has not gone well and if you're not interested in why that might be, why get so excited by those who are?

What is new in that article that hasn't already been said elsewhere numerous times?

Ouch on 10:15 - Apr 30 with 1537 viewskernow

Ouch on 10:12 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

What is new in that article that hasn't already been said elsewhere numerous times?

Infection and death rates.
Ouch on 10:15 - Apr 30 with 1533 viewsSadoldgit

Your daily defence of the government is admirable, given that you say that you don’t support the Tories. What you constantly seem to fail to grasp is the simple fact that we had time to prepare for what was to come based on what was happening elsewhere and still managed to f*ck it up. There is very good reason for the criticism aimed at our government, it is not just happening for the sake of it. Perhaps one day the penny will finally drop?
Ouch on 10:17 - Apr 30 with 1532 viewsthis_charming_man

Ouch on 10:15 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

Your daily defence of the government is admirable, given that you say that you don’t support the Tories. What you constantly seem to fail to grasp is the simple fact that we had time to prepare for what was to come based on what was happening elsewhere and still managed to f*ck it up. There is very good reason for the criticism aimed at our government, it is not just happening for the sake of it. Perhaps one day the penny will finally drop?

Oh god, shes off again. Where have i defended the government? I quite clearly said "none have got it right" I've simply repeated what two French and a Spaniard have said about their governments and the media.

Ouch on 10:19 - Apr 30 with 1525 viewsthis_charming_man

I see no one can answer my point about being the most densly populated country in Europe making it highly likely we'd be the worst affected, rather just pretend i'm defending the government. Dont like the truth on here do we.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 10:19]

Ouch on 10:20 - Apr 30 with 1513 viewsDorsetIan

Ouch on 10:12 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

What does it matter. Lots of articles pull information together - they provide a useful overview.

As for population density. It's going to be a factor, certainly, but it ain't going to explain everything. Worldwide, there are many countries which higher pop densities than the UK (e.g. HK, S Korea) that have done so much better. Parts of Germany are very urbane - why have they done so much better than us?

You're trying to close down debate and discussion because you don't like moaners - that's the top and bottom of it.

Ouch on 10:20 - Apr 30 with 1515 viewsOccasional_Showers

Ouch on 10:15 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

Even after the next general election and another defeat for Labour the penny still won’t drop with you.

Ouch on 10:22 - Apr 30 with 1509 viewsOccasional_Showers

Ouch on 10:19 - Apr 30 by this_charming_man

I see no one can answer my point about being the most densly populated country in Europe making it highly likely we'd be the worst affected, rather just pretend i'm defending the government. Dont like the truth on here do we.

Our climate versus the climate of Spain and Italy also puts us at a disadvantage. Move further south into the third world overpopulated slums of Africa and they should be dropping like flies.

Ouch on 10:24 - Apr 30 with 1510 viewsthis_charming_man

Ouch on 10:20 - Apr 30 by DorsetIan

What does it matter. Lots of articles pull information together - they provide a useful overview.

As for population density. It's going to be a factor, certainly, but it ain't going to explain everything. Worldwide, there are many countries which higher pop densities than the UK (e.g. HK, S Korea) that have done so much better. Parts of Germany are very urbane - why have they done so much better than us?

You're trying to close down debate and discussion because you don't like moaners - that's the top and bottom of it.

They dont provide a useful overview as it's biased it's just done to bash the government,

Why doesn't is say anything about the size and density of our population or our deaths per million is far lower than Italy and Spain?

Maybe one day the penny will drop with you and the others.

Ouch on 10:27 - Apr 30 with 1502 viewsDorsetIan

Here is a chart plotting population density against Covid.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-19-death-rate-vs-population-density

As you can see there is a straight line linear relationship between the two...oh, actually there's not...actually there's just a random projection of dots...

Back to the drawing board TCM...

Ouch on 10:31 - Apr 30 with 1493 viewsSadoldgit

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

There is a reason a lot of very skilled journalists have their view and you have another.

Time to get rid of the blinkers mate before you get a call from the recruitment team of the Flat Earth Society.

😉
Ouch on 10:39 - Apr 30 with 1482 viewsthis_charming_man

Ouch on 10:27 - Apr 30 by DorsetIan

Here is a chart plotting population density against Covid.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-19-death-rate-vs-population-density

As you can see there is a straight line linear relationship between the two...oh, actually there's not...actually there's just a random projection of dots...

Back to the drawing board TCM...

You're seriously comparing the UK with San Mario, Monaco and Bermuda, give your head a wobble son

Funny how none of your "expert journalists" ever use these more balanced figures, it doesn't make good reading, but we're doing better than similar countries, unfortunately no one likes to say that though as it doesn't fit their political agenda.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-mil

Ouch on 10:40 - Apr 30 with 1480 viewsthis_charming_man

Ouch on 10:31 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

There is a reason a lot of very skilled journalists have their view and you have another.

Time to get rid of the blinkers mate before you get a call from the recruitment team of the Flat Earth Society.

😉

You're semi blinkered pal, you can only see one side of the discussion.

Ouch on 10:45 - Apr 30 with 1462 viewssaint22

we all acknowledge that this is unprecedented yet this pathetic government has shown they cannot be prepared to deal with anything - brexit, virus, transport, NHS, education etc
People are meant to learn from mistakes not keep making the same ones
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024