Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks 17:10 - Apr 30 with 4357 viewsthis_charming_man

today it's confirmed a month later that this has happened and we are past the peak, so not just a line from a bus that TUI's favourite source of information said it was then

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/20/boris-johnson-covid-19-pri

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 17:17 - Apr 30 with 2394 viewsJaySaint

And also, we need to know the answer to the question here!!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 18:17 - Apr 30 with 2341 viewsSadoldgit

a) this article appeared on 20th March
b) this is nowhere near over
c) if you are going to post an article, probably best to read it and digest the information first.
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 21:56 - Apr 30 with 2253 viewsthis_charming_man

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 18:17 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

c) if you are going to post an article, probably best to read it and digest the information first.

Boris said we’d turn the tide in 12 weeks, 5 weeks after he said it we’ve past the peak. Although hilarious you accuse me of digesting information before posting it.

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 22:14 - Apr 30 with 2229 views1885_SFC

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 18:17 - Apr 30 by Sadoldgit

at Kier Starmer. The virus exit plan was all down to him! Who'd have thought.

Desperately claiming credit for something that was inevitable.

Same old Labour. Same old bullshítting leader.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1276209/keir-starmer-labour-party-boris-

Old School is Cool

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 09:57 - May 1 with 2149 viewsSaint_Beaker

Rewind to the global financial crisis of 2008. Many right wing types blamed Gordon Brown for this. The left defended him by saying it was a worldwide issue. No, we have another worldwide issue, but it is OK to blame the PM.

All my life I have noticed the left are without question total hypocrites. They are very much a bunch of people who want everyone to do as they say, not as they do.

It is these political posts that have made me want to joint this forum as some of the views here are just mental.
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 09:59 - May 1 with 2145 viewsthis_charming_man

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 09:57 - May 1 by Saint_Beaker

Rewind to the global financial crisis of 2008. Many right wing types blamed Gordon Brown for this. The left defended him by saying it was a worldwide issue. No, we have another worldwide issue, but it is OK to blame the PM.

All my life I have noticed the left are without question total hypocrites. They are very much a bunch of people who want everyone to do as they say, not as they do.

It is these political posts that have made me want to joint this forum as some of the views here are just mental.

welcome Saint Beaker

May i ask how long you have been a lurker for?

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 10:04 - May 1 with 2139 viewsSaint_Beaker

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 09:59 - May 1 by this_charming_man

welcome Saint Beaker

May i ask how long you have been a lurker for?

At least a year. To be honest it is not the sort of forum I would normally join as there are far to many argumentitive types on here. But over the last week, some of the comments have just been so clearly illogical and clearly simplistic anti-government rants I thought it might be good to enter the dragon.

Thanks for the welcome sir. I have noticed that you are one of those who looks at things very objectively while standing up against those who refuse to see things as they are and or answer any questions posed of them at all. Like you, I am neither Right or Left leaning, politically. I have in my lifetime voted both Labour and Conservative. I will continue to take each election as it comes. But some on here vote not vote anything but Labour even if Hitler was reborn and in charge of them.
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 10:18 - May 1 with 2124 viewsgrumpy

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 10:04 - May 1 by Saint_Beaker

At least a year. To be honest it is not the sort of forum I would normally join as there are far to many argumentitive types on here. But over the last week, some of the comments have just been so clearly illogical and clearly simplistic anti-government rants I thought it might be good to enter the dragon.

Thanks for the welcome sir. I have noticed that you are one of those who looks at things very objectively while standing up against those who refuse to see things as they are and or answer any questions posed of them at all. Like you, I am neither Right or Left leaning, politically. I have in my lifetime voted both Labour and Conservative. I will continue to take each election as it comes. But some on here vote not vote anything but Labour even if Hitler was reborn and in charge of them.

'But some on here vote not vote anything but Labour even if Hitler was reborn and in charge of them'

Utter Rubbish...
Login to get fewer ads

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 10:24 - May 1 with 2119 viewsOccasional_Showers

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 10:18 - May 1 by grumpy

'But some on here vote not vote anything but Labour even if Hitler was reborn and in charge of them'

Utter Rubbish...

He makes some very accurate points. The far left on here have really embarrassed themselves even by the bench mark of their already low standards. The tide is now turning both in the fight against the pandemic and in the fight against the the lies from the left. Both are now firmly on the run.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:14 - May 1 with 2087 viewsgrumpy

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 10:24 - May 1 by Occasional_Showers

He makes some very accurate points. The far left on here have really embarrassed themselves even by the bench mark of their already low standards. The tide is now turning both in the fight against the pandemic and in the fight against the the lies from the left. Both are now firmly on the run.

Don't push 'the tide is now turning'too much,there's a lot of bereaving family's out there.
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:21 - May 1 with 2078 viewsOccasional_Showers

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:14 - May 1 by grumpy

Don't push 'the tide is now turning'too much,there's a lot of bereaving family's out there.

That doesn’t change the fact we are surging ahead with testing and the number of cases and deaths are falling. The tide is turning.

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:25 - May 1 with 2071 viewsSadoldgit

Still a way to go. Finally we are getting grocery delivery slots in the village so good news there as it will reduce visits to the local supermarket. Also had a new landlord move into the pub last night so it will be opening again after the lockdown. We have lost several pubs around here in the last couple of years so good to know the village pub is still going to be here when the lockdown is lifted.
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:26 - May 1 with 2076 viewsgrumpy

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:21 - May 1 by Occasional_Showers

That doesn’t change the fact we are surging ahead with testing and the number of cases and deaths are falling. The tide is turning.

Good Grief are you real,we have lost 26,771 people,that's the third worst in the world and only a few behind Italy.And you talk about surging ahead and the tide is turning.................Even if we stop now,its been disastrous.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 11:27]
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:30 - May 1 with 2069 viewsBicester_North

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:26 - May 1 by grumpy

Good Grief are you real,we have lost 26,771 people,that's the third worst in the world and only a few behind Italy.And you talk about surging ahead and the tide is turning.................Even if we stop now,its been disastrous.

As all the scientific experts say, every country measures the case and death statistics differently. The only real way to see how the UK has done in comparison to others will be looking retrospectively at excess deaths over time.
Pointless to just look at figures of different countries and try and compare at the moment.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:31 - May 1 with 2067 viewsthis_charming_man

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 10:04 - May 1 by Saint_Beaker

More than welcome sir and great to have you on board. I look forward to intelligent, balanced discussion devoid of any anti government rhetoric.

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:36 - May 1 with 2055 viewsOccasional_Showers

In the 14th century the Black Death killed 50 million people or 60 per cent of Europe's entire population.

We lost almost as many on the first day (that’s just one day Grumpy) of the battle of the Somme.

This current pandemic, although devastating if you directly lost a loved one, has been very mild.

Don’t be so melodramatic you silly old fool.

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:37 - May 1 with 2048 viewsSadoldgit

It appears that the pandemic could last for at least another 2 years.
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:39 - May 1 with 2046 viewsSadoldgit

Edit - repeat post
[Post edited 1 May 2020 14:19]
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:40 - May 1 with 2048 viewsSaint_Beaker

When the dust settles and the truth comes out, you will find a great many of these would have died anyway. No, that is not being cold. It is a fact. As someone said on here the other day, Eddie Large dies of heart disease but was listed as a covid victim. Doctors have orders to list deaths as Covid as much as possible, so even if they are suspected to have had it, the death is listed as died with it. You will also find normal Influenza deaths are down this year on year. This is because a ot of people who have had flu and dies have been assumed to have died of Covid.

Before you ask for evidence of this, the answer is no. I will not go searching again for stuff I have read daily from news sources all over the world. If you look outside your anti Boris Johnson bubble, you will find there are other ways to learn about what is actually going on in the world.
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:41 - May 1 with 2047 viewsthis_charming_man

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:37 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

How can we blame the tories for that?

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:41 - May 1 with 2045 viewsOccasional_Showers

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:37 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

Or 730 days of moaning on a mongboard.

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:44 - May 1 with 2037 viewsthis_charming_man

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/30/coronavirus-deaths-how-doe

Have a read of this and try to understand it.

How many died because of Covid, not with it?

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:49 - May 1 with 2024 viewsSadoldgit

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:40 - May 1 by Saint_Beaker

When the dust settles and the truth comes out, you will find a great many of these would have died anyway. No, that is not being cold. It is a fact. As someone said on here the other day, Eddie Large dies of heart disease but was listed as a covid victim. Doctors have orders to list deaths as Covid as much as possible, so even if they are suspected to have had it, the death is listed as died with it. You will also find normal Influenza deaths are down this year on year. This is because a ot of people who have had flu and dies have been assumed to have died of Covid.

Before you ask for evidence of this, the answer is no. I will not go searching again for stuff I have read daily from news sources all over the world. If you look outside your anti Boris Johnson bubble, you will find there are other ways to learn about what is actually going on in the world.

We are all going to die someday. The Coronavirus has just sped up the when for some unfortunate people. If you listen to medical experts this is a serious disease. Unlike flu it can be spread by people who aren’t displaying any symptoms which makes it much harder to contain. There is also no evidence yet to show that, if you get it once, you build up immunity. Huge swaths of the planet would not be in lockdown if it wasn’t serious. This has nothing to do with an anti Johnson bubble. This is scientific fact. Just the other day a 14 year old died with no underlying health issues. It really isn’t a good idea to play this down.
We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:52 - May 1 with 2023 viewsOccasional_Showers

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:49 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

We are all going to die someday. The Coronavirus has just sped up the when for some unfortunate people. If you listen to medical experts this is a serious disease. Unlike flu it can be spread by people who aren’t displaying any symptoms which makes it much harder to contain. There is also no evidence yet to show that, if you get it once, you build up immunity. Huge swaths of the planet would not be in lockdown if it wasn’t serious. This has nothing to do with an anti Johnson bubble. This is scientific fact. Just the other day a 14 year old died with no underlying health issues. It really isn’t a good idea to play this down.

Nor is it a good idea to over play it, or use it for your political aims. You should think about that.

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:54 - May 1 with 2022 viewsSaint_Beaker

We will turn the tide in 12 weeks on 11:49 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

You say "There is also no evidence yet to show that, if you get it once, you build up immunity."

Then you say "This is scientific fact."

Which is it please? Are we certain of any facts yet? To help you out, the answer is no. You can speculate and worry (as they want you to) as much as you like. The facts that are known are that flu deaths are hugely down. Why? People have had their death recorded as Covid, when in fact it was not. Why?

A you say yourself, if indeed people can have it but show no symptons and not show on tests, why is it that you think the government is doing such a bad job in such impossible circumstances?

By the way, can you tell me, did you blame Gordon Brown for the GFC of 2008?
[Post edited 1 May 2020 11:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024