Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preferred Option for The Premier League 12:45 - May 4 with 1036 viewsSaintNick

Preferred Option for The Premier League

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Preferred Option for The Premier League on 12:58 - May 4 with 1009 viewsdirk_doone

One of the more likely options is that they will restart the season, make Liverpool champions but have no relegation. Then promote the top 2 teams from the Championship and have 22 teams in the Premier League next season. Teams will want to be rewarded for restarting, with titles and promotion, but none will want to be penalized with relegation.

I expect though that once coronavirus starts spreading among the staff and players, the restart will be abandoned before its completion.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Preferred Option for The Premier League on 13:05 - May 4 with 999 viewsSaintNick

Preferred Option for The Premier League on 12:58 - May 4 by dirk_doone

One of the more likely options is that they will restart the season, make Liverpool champions but have no relegation. Then promote the top 2 teams from the Championship and have 22 teams in the Premier League next season. Teams will want to be rewarded for restarting, with titles and promotion, but none will want to be penalized with relegation.

I expect though that once coronavirus starts spreading among the staff and players, the restart will be abandoned before its completion.

Why would corona virus spread through the players they will be the best protected people in the entire country.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Preferred Option for The Premier League on 13:14 - May 4 with 991 viewsSadoldgit

You either void the competition or finish it at some point as a competition. What is the point of playing matches if there are no promotions or relegations? Once you take the carrot and stick element out of it it just becomes pointless (almost literally).
Preferred Option for The Premier League on 13:55 - May 4 with 942 viewsPatfromPoole

If they have relegation, you can guarantee there will be legal challenges aplenty from the three relegated clubs about having to play behind closed doors and not having home games.

You can see Brighton and West Ham are already kicking off on this issue.

Far easier for the Prem to get this through by having no relegation.

Which would make the whole exercise utterly pointless.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Preferred Option for The Premier League on 14:26 - May 4 with 924 viewsRednWight

Preferred Option for The Premier League on 13:05 - May 4 by SaintNick

Why would corona virus spread through the players they will be the best protected people in the entire country.

Just call it void
There will be a lot of anti football sentiment in the country if footballers are the best protected people and just one nhs worker dies

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Preferred Option for The Premier League on 13:42 - May 5 with 791 viewsSteveMoron

Incredibly, I think it's going to happen in June.
Preferred Option for The Premier League on 14:33 - May 10 with 663 viewsdirk_doone

You are very naïve, Nick.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Preferred Option for The Premier League on 15:13 - May 10 with 626 viewsSaintsforeverj

One German team is already isolating for 14 days, as some of their players have the virus and the league is just about to start! It only takes a few positive tests and teams will be isolating, making playing the games impossible.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 15:19]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Preferred Option for The Premier League on 15:25 - May 10 with 602 viewsBoris_

Void the season. I'm not interested in watching football behind closed doors and don't subscribe to the opinion that it will increase morale.

Come back when it's safe to do so. Something like a home nations international tournament could be good later in the summer but that's about it.

Poll: Claude Puel

Preferred Option for The Premier League on 15:40 - May 10 with 586 viewsPatfromPoole

Preferred Option for The Premier League on 15:25 - May 10 by Boris_

Void the season. I'm not interested in watching football behind closed doors and don't subscribe to the opinion that it will increase morale.

Come back when it's safe to do so. Something like a home nations international tournament could be good later in the summer but that's about it.

+1.

Preferred Option for The Premier League on 15:47 - May 10 with 580 viewsVagina_Dentata

I can’t believe anyone would have enthusiasm for games that have no threat of relegation, that the title is virtually decided and is played in empty stadiums.

It’d be like watching someone playing Fifa.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Preferred Option for The Premier League on 16:41 - May 10 with 551 viewsCenturion

If you had 22 clubs in the Premier League an option to avoid congestion would be for Premier clubs to take a sabbatical from the League Cup and FA Cup.

This would be good compensation to the Championship and L1 and L2 clubs giving them a real chance of winning a prestigious cup.
Preferred Option for The Premier League on 17:12 - May 10 with 512 viewsPatfromPoole

Preferred Option for The Premier League on 16:41 - May 10 by Centurion

If you had 22 clubs in the Premier League an option to avoid congestion would be for Premier clubs to take a sabbatical from the League Cup and FA Cup.

This would be good compensation to the Championship and L1 and L2 clubs giving them a real chance of winning a prestigious cup.

I think a genuine concern is going to be how many L1 and L2 clubs are still going to be in existence.

This is why the Skates may well miss out on promotion, as the clubs simply can’t afford to play out the season behind closed doors.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024