Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clapping 20:03 - May 7 with 3560 viewsthis_charming_man

Who still does it? It’s pure virtue signaling now. Some coont in our street has started singing with a full on amp and mic. He got a few claps 3 weeks ago and is at it again now FFS

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Clapping on 19:17 - May 8 with 981 viewsPaninaro83

Clapping on 16:45 - May 8 by Sadoldgit

Anyone who has to work for a living is “working class” in my mind. As for “elite” have you really not got anything better to do on a glorious Bank Holiday than to throw around more silly, snide comments?

Agree with this. If you work you’re working class. Two things I learnt from my rather ordinary upbringing was a work ethic, both my parents worked extremely hard as human rights lawyers and to treat everyone the same. In many ways it was the perfect working class upbringing. My parents were the personification of kindness showing true working class spirit. They were very kind to Karen, our housemaid even when she was falsely accused of stealing credit cards form us. I think I told the forum that unfortunate tale several months ago. It really is a tale of sexism and racism and an example of the shocking treatment of women and minorities by heterosexual white men.

What a catalyst you turned out to be!

Clapping on 00:30 - May 22 with 872 viewsdirk_doone

"What I don’t find nice, and I really don’t need, is people clapping. I don’t need rainbows. I don’t care if people clap until their hands bleed with rainbows tattooed on their faces."
NHS doctor.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/may/21/nhs-doctor-enough-people-clappin

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Clapping on 00:38 - May 22 with 853 viewsSadoldgit

Fair point. We were still out clapping and cheering in our village tonight. Not just to show appreciation for all the front line workers (including teachers) who continue to do a wonderful job in keeping things going in these difficult times, but it has also become a bonding exercise for us to demonstrate that for some of us, we are still all in it together.
Clapping on 06:15 - May 22 with 834 viewsJaySaint

Clapping on 00:38 - May 22 by Sadoldgit

Fair point. We were still out clapping and cheering in our village tonight. Not just to show appreciation for all the front line workers (including teachers) who continue to do a wonderful job in keeping things going in these difficult times, but it has also become a bonding exercise for us to demonstrate that for some of us, we are still all in it together.

Basically, an exercise for you to feel better about yourself?

The year 2020 version of Facebook thoughts and prayers!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Clapping on 11:39 - May 22 with 779 viewsSadoldgit

Clapping on 06:15 - May 22 by JaySaint

Basically, an exercise for you to feel better about yourself?

The year 2020 version of Facebook thoughts and prayers!

What an odd thing to say. We are not all self obsessed narcissists. There are a lot of elderly people in the village and it gives us all a chance to interconnect on a human level once a week. Is that such a terrible thing? I guess those of us who still clap on Thursdays have been added to the ever growing list (along with workshy and lazy teachers, Jeremy Corbyn’s brother, people going to the beach) for those of you of a certain political persuasion to pour scorn over.
Clapping on 11:45 - May 22 with 780 viewsBoris_

Clapping on 11:39 - May 22 by Sadoldgit

What an odd thing to say. We are not all self obsessed narcissists. There are a lot of elderly people in the village and it gives us all a chance to interconnect on a human level once a week. Is that such a terrible thing? I guess those of us who still clap on Thursdays have been added to the ever growing list (along with workshy and lazy teachers, Jeremy Corbyn’s brother, people going to the beach) for those of you of a certain political persuasion to pour scorn over.

You're a weirdo.

Poll: Claude Puel

Clapping on 11:50 - May 22 with 773 viewsJaySaint

Clapping on 11:39 - May 22 by Sadoldgit

All I said was that it appears clapping makes you feel better/good about yourself, as it is pretty meaningless

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Clapping on 12:13 - May 22 with 746 viewsSadoldgit

Clapping on 11:50 - May 22 by JaySaint

All I said was that it appears clapping makes you feel better/good about yourself, as it is pretty meaningless

Showing appreciation for those in the front line is pretty meaningless? Makes you wonder why they bother to show it on the national news each week then. Perhaps it is meaningless to you. To the people who do it it means something.
Login to get fewer ads

Clapping on 13:10 - May 22 with 726 viewsBison

Clapping on 12:13 - May 22 by Sadoldgit

Showing appreciation for those in the front line is pretty meaningless? Makes you wonder why they bother to show it on the national news each week then. Perhaps it is meaningless to you. To the people who do it it means something.

You wont have to clap the teachers next Thursday as they are coming off 'The Frontline' for a well earned weeks rest and having a week off. For the My missus who works on 'The Frontline' says its such a relief as she was being forced to go into school to look after a handful of kids sometimes once or twice a week.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Clapping on 17:14 - May 22 with 668 viewsdirk_doone

Can it be stopped?

"Lockdown Legends":

"Annemarie Plas, founder of the UK Clap for Carers"

"Yoga teacher and sales rep Annemarie Plas is the woman behind the UK’s nationwide Clap for Carers, our weekly celebration of those putting themselves on the frontline of the coronavirus pandemic.

She was inspired to launch it by similar events in her home country, the Netherlands — and within 24 hours, major celebrities like the Sussexes and Victoria Beckham had joined in."

"Coronavirus: Clap for Carers should end, says founder"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52773032
[Post edited 22 May 2020 17:31]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Clapping on 17:37 - May 22 with 643 viewsBison

Clapping on 17:14 - May 22 by dirk_doone

Can it be stopped?

"Lockdown Legends":

"Annemarie Plas, founder of the UK Clap for Carers"

"Yoga teacher and sales rep Annemarie Plas is the woman behind the UK’s nationwide Clap for Carers, our weekly celebration of those putting themselves on the frontline of the coronavirus pandemic.

She was inspired to launch it by similar events in her home country, the Netherlands — and within 24 hours, major celebrities like the Sussexes and Victoria Beckham had joined in."

"Coronavirus: Clap for Carers should end, says founder"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52773032
[Post edited 22 May 2020 17:31]

Yes it's been hijacked by , mentioning no names , suggesting that certain professions should also be applauded for being on the frontline when in fact they couldn't be farther from the frontline. Our local corner shop sees more kids in 1 day than the average teacher for instance sees in a week yet some would make out they are heroes.

That's why she wants to stop it.

Clapping on 17:47 - May 22 with 631 viewsBison

Clapping on 00:38 - May 22 by Sadoldgit

This attitude is why she wants it stopped. Like I say hijacked.

Clapping on 17:52 - May 22 with 619 viewsSadoldgit

Surely people can thank who they want? It started out as a thank you for the NHS but as has been pointed out several times, lots of different professions have been involved in keeping the country ticking over for the last 9 weeks or so so if individuals want to pay tribute to those people too, why not?
Clapping on 18:30 - May 22 with 598 viewscocklebreath

I turned up at a load of granny flats to clean the windows today, I got cheered by a group of them chatting in the gardens, it felt good. Thursday cheer your window cleaner day

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Clapping on 19:09 - May 22 with 586 viewsVagina_Dentata

Clapping on 13:10 - May 22 by Bison

You wont have to clap the teachers next Thursday as they are coming off 'The Frontline' for a well earned weeks rest and having a week off. For the My missus who works on 'The Frontline' says its such a relief as she was being forced to go into school to look after a handful of kids sometimes once or twice a week.

How do you think schools are going to prepare for opening if no-one is in next week?
[Post edited 22 May 2020 19:09]

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Clapping on 19:13 - May 22 with 579 viewsVagina_Dentata

Clapping on 17:37 - May 22 by Bison

Yes it's been hijacked by , mentioning no names , suggesting that certain professions should also be applauded for being on the frontline when in fact they couldn't be farther from the frontline. Our local corner shop sees more kids in 1 day than the average teacher for instance sees in a week yet some would make out they are heroes.

That's why she wants to stop it.

Ms Plas said she feels that people have shown key workers their appreciation and it is now the responsibility of "the people that are in power... to reward and give them the respect they deserve".

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Clapping on 23:48 - May 22 with 499 viewsSadoldgit

Clapping on 19:13 - May 22 by Vagina_Dentata

Ms Plas said she feels that people have shown key workers their appreciation and it is now the responsibility of "the people that are in power... to reward and give them the respect they deserve".

Expect a pay freeze then.
Clapping on 02:22 - May 23 with 487 viewsBison

Clapping on 19:13 - May 22 by Vagina_Dentata

Nice quote

How like a fawning publican you look

Clapping on 06:45 - May 23 with 462 viewsOccasional_Showers

Clapping on 17:52 - May 22 by Sadoldgit

Surely people can thank who they want? It started out as a thank you for the NHS but as has been pointed out several times, lots of different professions have been involved in keeping the country ticking over for the last 9 weeks or so so if individuals want to pay tribute to those people too, why not?

No way should teachers be included in the clapping. What a disgusting thing to suggest. They are the complete opposite of the nurses. Self serving bone idle idiots. When there’s a national emergency the NHS rose to the challenge while the teachers reverted to form and saw it as an excuse for a long holiday. It’s disappointing but it’s actually not surprising because the main reason they don’t get a proper job is because of the long holidays so when an opportunity like this arose all their christmases came at once.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Clapping on 07:41 - May 23 with 445 viewscynicalsaint

Clapping on 06:45 - May 23 by Occasional_Showers

No way should teachers be included in the clapping. What a disgusting thing to suggest. They are the complete opposite of the nurses. Self serving bone idle idiots. When there’s a national emergency the NHS rose to the challenge while the teachers reverted to form and saw it as an excuse for a long holiday. It’s disappointing but it’s actually not surprising because the main reason they don’t get a proper job is because of the long holidays so when an opportunity like this arose all their christmases came at once.

How was your first week back at work Dune? It's been a bit quieter than normal on here.
Clapping on 07:53 - May 23 with 442 viewsOccasional_Showers

Clapping on 07:41 - May 23 by cynicalsaint

How was your first week back at work Dune? It's been a bit quieter than normal on here.

Fine, I’m back working like a Trojan. In these uncertain times you’ve got to knuckle down and get on with it. I was one of the first called back as they obviously want the cream in first. I’m being run by a manager as it’s a skeletal office and am being a proper ‘yes man’. If redundancies are on the horizon you need to keep your nose clean. I was complimenting my manager on how much better it had been since she took over and found out I was mentioned by her in dispatches for just getting on with it and not complaining.#suckingupwhenitmatters

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Clapping on 07:57 - May 23 with 439 viewscynicalsaint

Clapping on 07:53 - May 23 by Occasional_Showers

Fine, I’m back working like a Trojan. In these uncertain times you’ve got to knuckle down and get on with it. I was one of the first called back as they obviously want the cream in first. I’m being run by a manager as it’s a skeletal office and am being a proper ‘yes man’. If redundancies are on the horizon you need to keep your nose clean. I was complimenting my manager on how much better it had been since she took over and found out I was mentioned by her in dispatches for just getting on with it and not complaining.#suckingupwhenitmatters

Excellent - good to get back to some sort of normality. Sounds like you're playing a blinder.
Clapping on 08:10 - May 23 with 424 viewsBoris_

Clapping on 06:45 - May 23 by Occasional_Showers

Whilst I don't think ALL teachers are bone idle idiots, there is most definitely a large group of teachers who sour the name for the others who do work incredibly hard.

With teaching, if you are bone idle and chose the job for the long holidays and decent pension then you can make the job very cushy for yourself. If you're hard working and in it for the right reasons then I have no doubt you''re working long hours.

I don't go out and 'clap' now as it has been hijacked by the likes of teachers who most definitely aren't frontline key workers.

When we look back, those who rose to the challenge and will be remembered fondly are the NHS, Care Workers and Supermarket/Shop workers. Teachers don't deserve a mention and in fact will be remembered as those who made any excuse possible NOT to go back to work full-time.

Poll: Claude Puel

Clapping on 08:17 - May 23 with 418 viewskernow

Clapping on 07:57 - May 23 by cynicalsaint

Excellent - good to get back to some sort of normality. Sounds like you're playing a blinder.

A true hero.
Clapping on 08:25 - May 23 with 414 viewscynicalsaint

Clapping on 08:17 - May 23 by kernow

A true hero.

'Hero' is a bit strong but agree we should applaud everyone / anyone making a contribution to getting things moving again. We all have a part to play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024