Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clapping 20:03 - May 7 with 3561 viewsthis_charming_man

Who still does it? It’s pure virtue signaling now. Some coont in our street has started singing with a full on amp and mic. He got a few claps 3 weeks ago and is at it again now FFS

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Clapping on 10:29 - May 24 with 391 viewsBoris_

Clapping on 10:24 - May 24 by Vagina_Dentata

Maybe people just used sensible interpretations of the clapping guidelines?

I did. I sensibly interpreted that for a week or two when we were hurtling towards the peak and didn't know how bad it was going to get, it meant something, so I joined in.

Now it's been hijacked by every man and his dog and the fact is that NHS workers in hospitals are far less busy now than they even were before Coronavirus. Some hospitals are like ghost towns as all elective surgery etc is cancelled but they have very few Covid patients in there as well, not to mention A&E admissions have been halved.

We should have an 'NHS Day' where we celebrate our care workers once a year moving forwards but it's time to finish it now.

Poll: Claude Puel

Clapping on 10:56 - May 24 with 364 viewsSadoldgit

Clapping on 10:25 - May 24 by Occasional_Showers

The day they’re included in it is the day it becomes ridiculous. It’s an insult to the NHS to even suggest they are included.

What is insulting is your attitude towards teachers. People clap and show appreciation for whomever they want. If they want to thank everyone who has kept the country going, what is your problem with that exactly? Many teachers have effectively worked as baby sitters to allow essential workers to go to work. Not a good thing? All this whilst you have done nothing for weeks other than to send wind up posts to an Internet forum and earning £5k for doing little else.
Clapping on 10:57 - May 24 with 364 viewsJaySaint

Clapping on 10:56 - May 24 by Sadoldgit

What is insulting is your attitude towards teachers. People clap and show appreciation for whomever they want. If they want to thank everyone who has kept the country going, what is your problem with that exactly? Many teachers have effectively worked as baby sitters to allow essential workers to go to work. Not a good thing? All this whilst you have done nothing for weeks other than to send wind up posts to an Internet forum and earning £5k for doing little else.

teachers never acted as babysitters, they acted as, err, teachers

how disrespectful you are towards their profession.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Clapping on 11:04 - May 24 with 353 viewsSadoldgit

Clapping on 10:57 - May 24 by JaySaint

teachers never acted as babysitters, they acted as, err, teachers

how disrespectful you are towards their profession.

Yet some teachers themselves said that they were effectively being used as “babysitters” and were called in to school to look after the children of the essential workers - making them part of the chain. Odd that you should try and turn it round to suit your agenda.
Clapping on 11:05 - May 24 with 354 viewsBoris_

Clapping on 11:04 - May 24 by Sadoldgit

Yet some teachers themselves said that they were effectively being used as “babysitters” and were called in to school to look after the children of the essential workers - making them part of the chain. Odd that you should try and turn it round to suit your agenda.

Ah diddums, poor little teachers having to go to their place of work a couple of days a week whilst still on full pay. Poor ickle teachers.

Clapping on 11:07 - May 24 with 350 viewsJaySaint

Clapping on 11:04 - May 24 by Sadoldgit

those teachers were doing their job. Like millions of others around the country
[Post edited 24 May 2020 11:07]

Clapping on 11:08 - May 24 with 340 viewsSadoldgit

Clapping on 11:07 - May 24 by JaySaint

those teachers were doing their job. Like millions of others around the country
[Post edited 24 May 2020 11:07]

Like NHS staff and care workers.
Clapping on 11:10 - May 24 with 333 viewsBoris_

Clapping on 11:08 - May 24 by Sadoldgit

Nothing like NHS staff and care workers, even alluding to it is an insult to our NHS.

You're a proper oddball.

Login to get fewer ads

Clapping on 11:10 - May 24 with 332 viewsJaySaint

Clapping on 11:08 - May 24 by Sadoldgit

yep.

A job they are paid to do and hopefully, (NHS) will get a pay rise for getting on with it in the 'Front Line'

A bit like the thank you post Falklands war for the Armed Forces (my dad tells me as he was involved)

Clapping on 11:14 - May 24 with 321 viewsSadoldgit

Clapping on 11:10 - May 24 by JaySaint

yep.

A job they are paid to do and hopefully, (NHS) will get a pay rise for getting on with it in the 'Front Line'

A bit like the thank you post Falklands war for the Armed Forces (my dad tells me as he was involved)

You do know that it has been suggested that public workers will be getting a pay freeze don’t you? I expect you, Boris and Dune to be on daily telling us how outraged you are should that happen.
Clapping on 11:17 - May 24 with 319 viewsJaySaint

Clapping on 11:14 - May 24 by Sadoldgit

You do know that it has been suggested that public workers will be getting a pay freeze don’t you? I expect you, Boris and Dune to be on daily telling us how outraged you are should that happen.

I think NHS will get a pay rise (or at least certain parts of it).
I think the vast majority in the country will expect that and happily contribute more tax to support it and greater services (NHS Tax perhaps?)

Clapping on 11:23 - May 24 with 306 viewsSadoldgit

Clapping on 11:17 - May 24 by JaySaint

I think NHS will get a pay rise (or at least certain parts of it).
I think the vast majority in the country will expect that and happily contribute more tax to support it and greater services (NHS Tax perhaps?)

You think. Doesn’t mean it will happen. If only certain parts of the NHS are going to get this pay rise, how do you determine who gets it and who doesn’t?
Clapping on 11:27 - May 24 with 299 viewsJaySaint

Clapping on 11:23 - May 24 by Sadoldgit

You think. Doesn’t mean it will happen. If only certain parts of the NHS are going to get this pay rise, how do you determine who gets it and who doesn’t?

I do not know and I believe (hope) it would be put in the hands of an independent organisation. And take the political point scoring out of it

There are already pay variations within the NHS when working with different skills etc for nurses/clinicians etc

you could argue that those working on COVID wards (ICU etc) could be given a supplement to their basic rate. Dunno.

or simply, a lower pay rise but across the board.

Would you welcome contributing a little more tax to ensure this happens, along with more funding in general. I certainly would/do
[Post edited 24 May 2020 11:27]

Clapping on 11:47 - May 24 with 278 viewsSadoldgit

Clapping on 11:27 - May 24 by JaySaint

I do not know and I believe (hope) it would be put in the hands of an independent organisation. And take the political point scoring out of it

There are already pay variations within the NHS when working with different skills etc for nurses/clinicians etc

you could argue that those working on COVID wards (ICU etc) could be given a supplement to their basic rate. Dunno.

or simply, a lower pay rise but across the board.

Would you welcome contributing a little more tax to ensure this happens, along with more funding in general. I certainly would/do
[Post edited 24 May 2020 11:27]

Having worked in the public sector for 8 years during enforced austerity and having had several years of frozen pay and pay rises well below the inflation rate, I would like to see all public workers get a decent pay rise. Given the state of the economy pay rises are hardly likely. I expect to see more pay freezes and higher taxes for the next few years while we deal with the fallout from the pandemic. Would I pay higher taxes to give public workers more, yes of course. Sadly I don’t think it will be that easy.
Clapping on 12:00 - May 24 with 270 viewsBilly_Kimber

Clapping on 09:51 - May 24 by Sadoldgit

Why would you say that? Where do I say that it is about me? It is about everybody - apart from Dune who is out booing the teachers.

You said it’s a great chance to see people in your village, so it’s not about hosing how much you appreciate the NHS. People are doing it for their own agendas, which is fine but wish they would pretend it’s for some noble cause.
Clapping on 12:32 - May 24 with 255 viewsSadoldgit

Clapping on 12:00 - May 24 by Billy_Kimber

You said it’s a great chance to see people in your village, so it’s not about hosing how much you appreciate the NHS. People are doing it for their own agendas, which is fine but wish they would pretend it’s for some noble cause.

The two things aren’t mutually exclusive. It is perfectly possible to go outside and show your appreciation for those who risk their lives and who keep the country going whilst also being glad that you can wave to neighbours and enjoy a small amount of social interaction. Why the constant need to turn something which is clearly a gesture of solidarity and appreciation into a negative? It’s really odd, like booing schoolteachers.
Clapping on 12:58 - May 24 with 248 viewsVagina_Dentata

Clapping on 10:29 - May 24 by Boris_

I did. I sensibly interpreted that for a week or two when we were hurtling towards the peak and didn't know how bad it was going to get, it meant something, so I joined in.

Now it's been hijacked by every man and his dog and the fact is that NHS workers in hospitals are far less busy now than they even were before Coronavirus. Some hospitals are like ghost towns as all elective surgery etc is cancelled but they have very few Covid patients in there as well, not to mention A&E admissions have been halved.

We should have an 'NHS Day' where we celebrate our care workers once a year moving forwards but it's time to finish it now.

Yes, in our street some had noticed that I and a few others, such as shop workers, delivery men and bin men were key workers too, as we had been working every day. They used sensible interpretation of the clapping guidelines to clap for us too.

It was a trifle embarrassing, but also uplifting to see the British people recognise all those who have been on the front line.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Clapping on 12:59 - May 24 with 245 viewsJaySaint

Clapping on 12:58 - May 24 by Vagina_Dentata

Yes, in our street some had noticed that I and a few others, such as shop workers, delivery men and bin men were key workers too, as we had been working every day. They used sensible interpretation of the clapping guidelines to clap for us too.

It was a trifle embarrassing, but also uplifting to see the British people recognise all those who have been on the front line.

the Bin man is not on the front line

happy to help

Clapping on 13:02 - May 24 with 242 viewsVagina_Dentata

Clapping on 12:59 - May 24 by JaySaint

happy to help

I see them out there every day, working hard, handling our infected and contagious detritus. I see your contempt for them.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Clapping on 13:22 - May 24 with 225 viewsSadoldgit

Clapping on 12:59 - May 24 by JaySaint

happy to help

Do you don’t think that safely clearing away tons of our rubbish each day isn’t having an effect on public health? I assume you weren’t around to see the piles of rubbish on the streets, the increase in rat infestation etc back in the 70’s?

Many people have played their part in keeping this country running and it doesn’t really matter if you label them front line or not. Bin men, postmen, Karen the checkout girl at Tescos (threw that one in for you Boris) etc. They have all played a part and deserve thanks. If you don’t think that they do, fair enough, don’t bother to thank them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024