Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
saints 3 bristol city 2 19:01 - Jun 12 with 2156 viewsRonManager

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2020-06-12/report-southampton-bristol-city-fr

I can remember when the internet was all fields

saints 3 bristol city 2 on 23:45 - Jun 12 with 1991 viewsTimSaint

Everything Bristol created was down to the liability that is Danso. Why haven't we sent him home already ?
We should have scored at least 6, even Adams should have scored and we nearly three the result away with a penalty, but Gunn saved well.
Just a run out I know, but we need to be tighter at the back and be more ruthless up front. Sounds familiar :-)

TimSaint

saints 3 bristol city 2 on 00:11 - Jun 13 with 1978 viewsBison

Have I missed something ?

I thought it was a report from 2009 , have Saints played in a friendly ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

saints 3 bristol city 2 on 09:45 - Jun 13 with 1873 viewsSadoldgit

saints 3 bristol city 2 on 23:45 - Jun 12 by TimSaint

Everything Bristol created was down to the liability that is Danso. Why haven't we sent him home already ?
We should have scored at least 6, even Adams should have scored and we nearly three the result away with a penalty, but Gunn saved well.
Just a run out I know, but we need to be tighter at the back and be more ruthless up front. Sounds familiar :-)

Danso is on his way isn’t he? Need to keep him fit though just in case he is needed up to the end of the season. I don’t think you can tell much from these games, especially with so many changes. More about match fitness.
saints 3 bristol city 2 on 09:58 - Jun 13 with 1855 viewsdirk_doone

saints 3 bristol city 2 on 09:45 - Jun 13 by Sadoldgit

Danso is on his way isn’t he? Need to keep him fit though just in case he is needed up to the end of the season. I don’t think you can tell much from these games, especially with so many changes. More about match fitness.

The centre of our defence is still very weak. You'd expect most Premier League teams to score at least 2 goals against it. In fact, we have conceded an average of more than 2 goals per game when Vestergaard has played. Let's hope the rumours that Leicester want him and we are interested in buying Dael Fry from Middlesborough are true.

Leicester buying Vestergaard after they scored 9 goals against him would be a bit like Saints buying Dave MacLaren after we scored 9 goals against him, which was equally ridiculous but it really happened. so we can hope. Without Vestergaard in the team, we beat that same Leicester side 2-1.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 10:06]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

saints 3 bristol city 2 on 11:23 - Jun 13 with 1812 viewssaint22

saints 3 bristol city 2 on 09:58 - Jun 13 by dirk_doone

The centre of our defence is still very weak. You'd expect most Premier League teams to score at least 2 goals against it. In fact, we have conceded an average of more than 2 goals per game when Vestergaard has played. Let's hope the rumours that Leicester want him and we are interested in buying Dael Fry from Middlesborough are true.

Leicester buying Vestergaard after they scored 9 goals against him would be a bit like Saints buying Dave MacLaren after we scored 9 goals against him, which was equally ridiculous but it really happened. so we can hope. Without Vestergaard in the team, we beat that same Leicester side 2-1.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2020 10:06]

This is my main concern with RH
He seems to have a blind spot defensively and I know the cards he has been dealt are pretty useless but it’s clear our back 4 should be valery Bertrand bednarek and Stephens, for now
To keep giving Danso and vestergaard a chance keeps showing they are not good enough
We simply have to buy two decent centre backs this summer
saints 3 bristol city 2 on 11:42 - Jun 13 with 1793 viewsSadoldgit

saints 3 bristol city 2 on 11:23 - Jun 13 by saint22

He seems to have a blind spot defensively and I know the cards he has been dealt are pretty useless but it’s clear our back 4 should be valery Bertrand bednarek and Stephens, for now
To keep giving Danso and vestergaard a chance keeps showing they are not good enough

We aren’t signing Danso and Vestergaard looks like he is on his way this summer, so no need to worry (unless the others get injured in the meantime!).
saints 3 bristol city 2 on 12:15 - Jun 13 with 1782 viewsTimSaint

saints 3 bristol city 2 on 11:23 - Jun 13 by saint22

I'm really hoping that with the likes of Yoshi, Hoedt, Danso and Vestergaard leaving this summer, RH will be given the proper funds to purchase 2 decent defenders that he selects and actually wants. With these 2 additions, it could really improve the whole team.

TimSaint

saints 3 bristol city 2 on 12:21 - Jun 13 with 1778 viewsTimSaint

Just seen that Norwich prepared for Friday's opener with 2 late goals in a 2-1 win a Spurs.

I'm still confident that we can get a positive result, but it might not be the easy away win everyone was expecting.

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

saints 3 bristol city 2 on 12:38 - Jun 13 with 1769 viewsTripleNiemi

saints 3 bristol city 2 on 12:15 - Jun 13 by TimSaint

I'm really hoping that with the likes of Yoshi, Hoedt, Danso and Vestergaard leaving this summer, RH will be given the proper funds to purchase 2 decent defenders that he selects and actually wants. With these 2 additions, it could really improve the whole team.

Could you kindly define the term 'proper funds' please?

Whilst i don't condone the season re-starting, it has to for us to stand any chance of buying some players as the money has to come from our own revenue stream(s).

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

saints 3 bristol city 2 on 13:19 - Jun 13 with 1749 viewskingslandstand1

saints 3 bristol city 2 on 12:21 - Jun 13 by TimSaint

Just seen that Norwich prepared for Friday's opener with 2 late goals in a 2-1 win a Spurs.

I'm still confident that we can get a positive result, but it might not be the easy away win everyone was expecting.

Was anyone expecting an easy win? They could still escape and will be desperate to do so, and my other worry is for us to think we are safe.

It will certainly be a strange game
saints 3 bristol city 2 on 13:23 - Jun 13 with 1745 viewskingslandstand1

saints 3 bristol city 2 on 11:42 - Jun 13 by Sadoldgit

We aren’t signing Danso and Vestergaard looks like he is on his way this summer, so no need to worry (unless the others get injured in the meantime!).

They are def not starters and RH knows that but as with all pre-season friendlies, he has to give them all game time.
The fact that they (hopefully) won't be here next season should be put on hold for thd moment
saints 3 bristol city 2 on 17:13 - Jun 13 with 1654 viewsSadoldgit

Apparently JWP was wearing the captain’s armband whilst on the pitch the same time as Hoj. That’s Hoj off in the summer then!
saints 3 bristol city 2 on 18:00 - Jun 13 with 1635 viewskingslandstand1

saints 3 bristol city 2 on 17:13 - Jun 13 by Sadoldgit

Apparently JWP was wearing the captain’s armband whilst on the pitch the same time as Hoj. That’s Hoj off in the summer then!

I think the fact that PEH has already said he wants to leave, he doesn't deserve the armband. The fact that Spurs (according to the press) have put a cheeky bid in, he may well be off to a subs bench in North London rather than a regular start each week. Bank manger won't care though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024