Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road 20:46 - Jun 24 with 4130 viewsHastings_Hoops

I have just asked the fans forum whether there is a possibility of relocating supporters within Loftus Road:

Away fans in (say) blocks T to X, accessed off of Ellerslie Road: Worse facilities (water pressure to name but one!!!).

Family Stand moved to School End: Accessed off of South Africa Road via the club shop entrance, player entrance etc - much more family orientated. Number of seats in the lower tier is probably suitably sized for our family season ticket uptake? Roof covers most of the seats as well.

Loftus Road and R block for home fans: R block accessed off of Loftus Road end.

Surely this makes sense?
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 14:23 - Jun 25 with 993 viewsdaveB

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 13:50 - Jun 25 by Hastings_Hoops

As my original post, QPR fans in R block only, accessed off of the Loftus Road end - there is a large corridor between the two.

so where would all the ST holder in Ellerslie have to move to and do they even want to move?
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 15:36 - Jun 25 with 954 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 21:19 - Jun 24 by Hastings_Hoops

Would be great to get the Loft End back and if the school end (upper and lower) for family stand unlocks that, surely its worth a move to SAR upper or R block?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 21:23]

Just for discussions sake I think your suggestion would work better if R block were used as the family stand. Accessed from Loftus Rd.

Safe standing in loft end lower and/or school end lower.

Also could possibly have a system where more of ellerslie rd could be used by home fans depending on the game. A bit like they used to have at the old White Hart Lane.

I quite like the idea of R block as family stand with access to the back of Loftus Rd stand.

This would mean removing all season ticket holders from Ellerslie Rd so likely to be very unpopular. Having safe standing areas might curtail that slightly I suppose but you’ll have many people unhappy.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 15:37]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 16:12 - Jun 25 with 918 viewsstowmarketrange

Why would the club give some of their premium seats on the halfway line to away fans?And we get crap views and cramped seats in the school end upper.Never going to happen in my view.
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 16:16 - Jun 25 with 912 viewsQPR_John

I may well be missing something here but however well fans are safely segregated inside the ground at the final whistle everybody has to leave not to mention the logistics of getting into the ground so who will organize that.
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 17:35 - Jun 25 with 871 viewsterryb

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 13:52 - Jun 25 by Hastings_Hoops

As my original post; Away fans get the same number of seats in Ellerslie blocks T to X.

I think you will just have to accept Hastings, that you are in a small miniority on this one!
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 18:03 - Jun 25 with 846 viewsflynnbo

Why not just stop all away fans for the time being which would mean less traffic on the roads and open up more room for home fans initially.. If all clubs did the same then it would be fairer and season ticket/membership fans could then have the option to watch it on a stream until we have a better understanding of the virus. We could have season ticket holders in household clusters to start with and have a one way system in and out and have stewards on the toilets. No food and drink to be purchased but the club should provide free bottles of water when fans arrive. Just a thought. On a more flippant note, older fans wouldn't be welcome according to Bot's comments so all the young bucks can watch from the Family stand!!
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 19:17 - Jun 25 with 821 viewsDavieQPR

Don't forget about 20 rows of empty seats. fencing and the extra stewards required for a split stand. Away supporters are also required to have their own entrance, exit, loos and refreshment kiosks.
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 10:40 - Jun 28 with 708 viewsKeith56

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 13:17 - Jun 25 by slmrstid

Hi Keith - soon as I read that I knew exactly who's posted that! I'm Simon, son of Ian, who sit just in front of you in the Ellerslie!

Hope you and the family have all kept well during this horrible period! Look forward to seeing you and Steph again when we're allowed back!

Hello Simon - a pal also read this and told me you had sent me a message Sorry for not replying sooner but I get fed up with some of this and haven't bothered looking for a while. There is talking opinions and there is talking bollox which winds me up There again there's a lot in the news that's winding me up at present too. We are doing OK thanks Simon and staying healthy Hope you and your Dad and your family are OK too. I'll be giving this web site a break for a while so don't reply Hopefully we will be able to see you and Dad soon back in our own seats
- if we are allowed to and there isn't someone sticking their nose in and trying to rearrange our lives for us!!!!! As we know from experience over the years- its the football on the pitch leading to success that gets the excitement going in all parts of the ground
Login to get fewer ads

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 10:41 - Jun 29 with 600 viewsGloryHunter

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 16:12 - Jun 25 by stowmarketrange

Why would the club give some of their premium seats on the halfway line to away fans?And we get crap views and cramped seats in the school end upper.Never going to happen in my view.

I have been in the School End upper tier a couple of times. In my opinion the view from there is actually better than the upper Loft. You seem to be much closer to the pitch.
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 10:51 - Jun 29 with 583 viewsEsox_Lucius

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 10:45 - Jun 25 by daveB

School end is far from ideal as a family stand. Lower Loft the only stand with a large concourse, rooms for the kids to do stuff, loads of food places and a shop plus leg room. I can't see how you could have home and away fans in the Ellerslise either, only one entrance and exit just feels like a problem.

There have been arguments about what to do with the family stand for years but before it was that and lower loft was open to all until around 2012 it was half empty most weeks.

For me it's always been 2 choices, you either have it in the lower loft but open to all members and ask people not to be arseholes or you scrap it. Moving a load of ST holders from the lower loft is not going to work
[Post edited 25 Jun 2020 10:47]

You've ignored the best solution, the Paddocks. The kids would be in thrall if sat near the dugouts and the capacity is more than enough, even with having the disabled area there too.

The grass is always greener.

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 12:57 - Jun 29 with 552 viewsWatford_Ranger

With the obvious caveat that some people would be ousted from long-held season ticket seats, this feels logical to me. Maybe it’s not been done as it’s uncovered but then if the lower loft is ever full that’s partly uncovered too. Maybe not the AL block if they didn’t want the kids next to the away fans but how often is that section close to full anyway?

Of the silver areas, the Lower Loft is probably the best so it can’t be the best solution to have one of the more affordable parts of the ground half-empty.
Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 15:37 - Jun 29 with 498 viewsstowmarketrange

Re-distribution of fans at Loftus Road on 10:51 - Jun 29 by Esox_Lucius

You've ignored the best solution, the Paddocks. The kids would be in thrall if sat near the dugouts and the capacity is more than enough, even with having the disabled area there too.

I’ve always said that the paddocks are the best place for the family stand.They can see the players warm up on the sidelines,and maybe get autographs.
The major downside is the openness of the seating there,but if the club could spend a bit on getting the kids cheap ponchos for a penny or two each.The kids might wear them to school and get our club name spread across the schools.
If we bought a bulk supply and gave them out on rainy days it would help.And sun visors with our logo on for the sunny days.
Even a clear plastic cover,that retracts for sections of the stand might help.Something along the lines of what they use on some shop fronts.
And the club wouldn’t have the problem of sometimes drunk or abusive fans shouting at the players as they leave the pitch.
I feel sorry for the people who lose their regular seats,but maybe they can be accommodated on the opposite side of the pitch,so their view is the same but just slightly colder in the ellerslie.

It’s a winner on so many levels that I’m surprised the club haven’t tried it yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024