Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BT Sports App For Tonight 08:14 - Jul 16 with 635 viewsSaintNick

Can you use this on a smart TV or is it only on your mobile device or I pad

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

BT Sports App For Tonight on 08:17 - Jul 16 with 628 viewsBuggalugs

I've got a Samsung Smart Tv and there's a BT Sport app on there. I think I read they're the only tv's you can watch it on if you're not a BT Sport subscriber, otherwise it's via a pc, ipad or mobile.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

BT Sports App For Tonight on 10:38 - Jul 16 with 562 viewsSaintNick

BT Sports App For Tonight on 08:17 - Jul 16 by Buggalugs

I've got a Samsung Smart Tv and there's a BT Sport app on there. I think I read they're the only tv's you can watch it on if you're not a BT Sport subscriber, otherwise it's via a pc, ipad or mobile.

Ill have a look i have a samsung

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

BT Sports App For Tonight on 10:52 - Jul 16 with 550 viewsTimSaint

BT Sports App For Tonight on 10:38 - Jul 16 by SaintNick

Ill have a look i have a samsung

Read the email you got from Saints with your id code and click on the link for full instructions.
Basically you can watch it on a smart TV via the (downloadable for free) BT Sport's App, or through a firestick, but there were some additional rules or requirements if you needed to get the app or access via a Samsung TV, as they do their apps slightly differently or something (didn't read that bit as my TV is Sony). Anyway, it's all on the link in the Saints email.

If people need the details, I can post it on here in half an hour or so - as got to jump on a call in a bit.

TimSaint

BT Sports App For Tonight on 11:12 - Jul 16 with 529 viewssaints__fan__73

I believe the app on the Samsung TV is an app for BT TV and not BT Sports.

However, if you can log on to the BT Sport App on your phone you should be able to stream to your tv.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

BT Sports App For Tonight on 11:17 - Jul 16 with 521 viewssaints__fan__73

p.s. I'm LOVING the fact that Nick has to watch on TV! ;)

Nick always said that fans at games were needed as the TV audience would not be there if the 'atmosphere' generated by the fans was not present.

After watching a few closed door international games I feared that Nick actually might be correct.

However, thankfully he wasn't. With the addition of the EA FIFA crowd sound effects on Sky I would say the atmosphere is actually a lot BETTER than with actual fans being there!

This could be the way forward. Only a minimal amount of PL revenue comes from punters going to the game and it must be a hassle for the clubs to have to put on a game for fans with Police, stewarding, etc. Far easy just to use the generated sounds.

Hundreds of millions could also be saved by clubs as they don't need to build new stadia. Matches could simply be staged at the training grounds.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

BT Sports App For Tonight on 11:32 - Jul 16 with 508 viewsarfurdent

BT Sports App For Tonight on 11:17 - Jul 16 by saints__fan__73

p.s. I'm LOVING the fact that Nick has to watch on TV! ;)

Nick always said that fans at games were needed as the TV audience would not be there if the 'atmosphere' generated by the fans was not present.

After watching a few closed door international games I feared that Nick actually might be correct.

However, thankfully he wasn't. With the addition of the EA FIFA crowd sound effects on Sky I would say the atmosphere is actually a lot BETTER than with actual fans being there!

This could be the way forward. Only a minimal amount of PL revenue comes from punters going to the game and it must be a hassle for the clubs to have to put on a game for fans with Police, stewarding, etc. Far easy just to use the generated sounds.

Hundreds of millions could also be saved by clubs as they don't need to build new stadia. Matches could simply be staged at the training grounds.

totally agree. I reckon the Premier League have setup this whole lockdown game phase to move the TV companies towards a lack of fans at stadiums. I expect that corporate hospitality will still be offered at a premium for those who like prawn butties.

Government will be happy with the reduced congestion allowing most roads to be turned into cycle lanes.

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

BT Sports App For Tonight on 11:43 - Jul 16 with 495 viewsTimSaint

Here are the full details from the link on the Saints email.

Match Pass FAQs
What is the BT Sport Match Pass?

The BT Sport Match Pass is a one-off pass, given to selected season ticket holders of Premier League Clubs. The Match Pass allows home season ticket holders to watch a game that is being broadcast on the BT Sport App during the period in which 2019/20 Premier League matches are being played behind closed doors.

The BT Sport Match Pass offer is only available on a match by match basis to season ticket holders invited to register for a pass by their club.
Who is eligible for a BT Sport Match Pass?

The BT Sport Match Pass is only available to season ticket holders of participating home teams, who would have otherwise attended the game.

It is at the club’s discretion, whether they wish to offer the Match Passes to their season ticket holders and which season ticket holders they make the Match Pass offer available to. The clubs will publish the Match Pass eligibility criteria on their website, unless otherwise agreed with BT.

To be eligible for a Match Pass, you need to be aged 18 or over, with a registered UK address, (as held by your club). You need to have a season ticket/similar package from your club, allowing you to attend all of their home FA Premier League games during the 2019/2020 season.

If you already have a BT Sport subscription, you do not need to register for a Match Pass as you will already have access to the matches.
How do I get a BT Sport Match Pass?

All participating Premier League clubs will contact selected season ticket holders by email with an invitation for them to apply for a BT Sport Match Pass. The email will contain a code called a BT Sport Match Pass ID.

We recommend that season ticket holders register for a BT Sport Match Pass as soon as possible after receiving this email.

To register for your Match Pass, simply visit bt.com/matchpass, select the match (this must be a home fixture involving your team), and then enter your details. You will be asked to enter your Match Pass ID, and must do so exactly as it appears on the email that you received from your club.

If you are registering in advance of the match, you will receive an email confirming your successful registration straight away.

You will then receive a second email containing your BT ID username and password no less than two hours before kick-off. You will need these to log in to the BT Sport App.

If you are registering less than six hours before kick-off, then your BT ID credentials will be displayed on bt.com/matchpass as soon as you have successfully registered. You will also be sent an email confirming these credentials.

If you have any problems, please contact our dedicated team on 0800 876 6982. Phone lines are open from four hours prior to kick-off of each match.
How does the Match Pass work?

Your BT Sport Match Pass consists of a set of BT ID credentials, consisting of a username and password. Once you’ve received your credentials, you can use them to log in to the BT Sport App on any platform or watch on bt.com/sport.

Your access will expire shortly after the end of your team’s match. If your team appears on BT Sport again later on in the season, you may get an email from your club offering you the chance to register for another Match Pass. If this happens, you will need to apply for a Match Pass again, using the same process as before.

What match can I watch?

The Match Pass is only available for Premier League games and cannot be used to watch games in other competitions.

The pass will give you access to the BT Sport App to watch a single home match played by your club that is being shown live on BT Sport.
Why is a match involving my team not available to register for?

If a home game involving your club is not available for you to select on bt.com/matchpass, this will be because registration for that match has not yet opened. Your club may email you with an invitation to register for that match.
What do I do if I don’t receive an email with a BT Sport Match Pass login?

Most people should receive the email no less than two hours prior to kick-off.

If you haven’t received it by this time, check your email junk and spam folders, in case the email has accidentally ended up in there.

If you still can’t find it, please come back to bt.com/matchpass. Re-enter your email address and Match Pass ID and we will display the BT Sport ID credentials that you can use to log into the app.

If you are still having problems, please contact our dedicated team on 0800 876 6982. Phone lines are open from four hours prior to kick-off of each match.
How much does the BT Sport Match Pass cost?

The BT Sport Match Pass is made available free of charge to selected season ticket holders of participating clubs.
Why haven’t I received an email inviting me to apply for a BT Sport Match Pass for a game involving my team?

BT Sport Match Passes are only made available to home season ticket holders.

It’s up to individual clubs which season ticket holders they offer a Match Pass to. If you haven’t received an invitation to apply for a Match Pass for a fixture involving your team then please contact your club directly.
Can I reset the password on my BT Sport Match Pass?

The password for your BT Sport Match Pass cannot be reset. If you are having any difficulties logging in to the app or website with the credentials that you have been sent, please contact our dedicated team on 0800 876 6982. Phone lines are open from four hours prior to kick-off of each match.
What happens if my team plays a match on BT Sport more than once?

BT Sport Match Passes are issued for one match at a time. If your team appears on BT Sport again later on in the season, you may get an email from your cub offering you another Match Pass. You will then need to register for another BT Sport Match Pass using the same process as above.

You may be sent a different Match Pass ID by your club for the second match.
Can I use my BT Sport Match Pass to watch on TV?

The BT Sport Match Pass does not allow you to watch BT Sport channels on a BT TV, Sky or Virgin set-top box.

It gives you access to the BT Sport App on iOS, Android, Windows 10, Chromecast, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox One, Apple TV, Sony PlayStation 4 and Now TV boxes. You can also watch online at bt.com/sport/watch
Which devices can I use to watch BT Sport with my BT Sport Match Pass?

The BT Sport Match Pass allows you to watch through the BT Sport App on iOS, Android, Windows 10, Chromecast, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox One, Apple TV, Sony PlayStation 4 and Now TV boxes. You can also watch online at bt.com/sport/watch
How do I start using the BT Sport App and online player?

We recommend that you download the BT Sport App a few days in advance of the match you watch.

First, you need to download the app by searching for 'BT Sport' in the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Microsoft Store (for Windows 10 and Xbox One), PlayStation Store, Now TV App store or the apps menu on your Samsung Smart TV.

Next, log in using the BT Sport Match Pass details that you will have been sent on the day of the match.

If you're using a Samsung Smart TV please ensure you download the BT Sport App from the Samsung Smart Hub. Your BT Sport Match Pass will not work on the BT TV App.
What are the minimum device requirements in order to run the BT Sport App?

Apple devices running iOS 9 or later
Android devices running OS 4.4 (Jelly Bean) or later
Windows smartphones and tablets running Windows 10
Apple TV fourth generation onwards
Samsung Smart TV models from 2015 onwards
Xbox One, One S and One X
PlayStation 4 and PS4 Pro
Now TV boxes (4K box, Smart box, Stick and Legacy black box)

Do I need a TV Licence to watch BT Sport on the App or on btsport.com?

Yes. To watch the match live, you must have a TV licence.
How many people can use the BT Sport App and online player at the same time?

You can access the BT Sport App and online player on as many supported devices as you like, but you can only watch two video streams at the same time.

How much data will using the BT Sport App consume?

You are likely to consume around 4.5GB of data watching a 90-minute match at high definition (HD) video quality, or around 2GB in standard definition (SD).

The BT Sport App will serve you the best quality stream possible, based on your connection speed, up to HD quality. However, if you’re using our mobile app, you can choose to limit the quality to SD to save data.

To do this, go to the ‘More’ section (found in the bottom right of the tab bar). Select ‘Off’ if you don’t want to watch in HD at all, ‘WiFi only’ if you want to watch in HD only when connected to WiFi but not on mobile data, or ‘On’ if you want to watch in HD regardless of connection type.
Why won’t the BT Sport App install on my device?

If you’re having problems installing the BT Sport App, please follow the steps below:

Check you haven't disconnected from your internet connection.
Reboot your device and try again.
Check your device has enough storage space. Your device user guide will show you how to do this
Check your device is running the minimum requirements that the BT Sport App will work with:
Apple devices running iOS 9 or later
Android devices running OS 4.4 (Jelly Bean) or later
Windows smartphones and tablets running Windows 10
Apple TV fourth generation onwards
Samsung Smart TV models from 2015 onwards
Xbox One, One S and One X
PlayStation 4 and PS4 Pro
Now TV boxes (4K box, Smart box, Stick and Legacy black box)

Why is my BT Sport App not working?

Please visit our help pages to understand what may be causing the issues, you can find them here.
How do I uninstall then reinstall the BT Sport App?

To uninstall and re-install the BT Sport App on your specific device — follow the instructions here.

What should I do if I am seeing an error code whilst watching BT Sport?

To fix an error code on a large screen platform such as a smart TV or games console, follow the instructions here.

If the error code is on a smartphone or tablet, follow the instructions here.

TimSaint

BT Sports App For Tonight on 11:49 - Jul 16 with 492 viewsTimSaint

Additional thought, as we are all decent chaps on here really......

Any Season Ticket holders who already subscribe to BT Sport, or have their internet provided by BT, so get access to tonight's game anyway, could perhaps provide their Saints supplied pass codes on here, so that any non-ST holder fans can access the game for free.

Each pass code can be streamed on 2 devices - just an idea ?

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024