Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonights team 19:18 - Jul 16 with 3556 viewsInsideOut

McCarthy, Vokins, Vestergaard, Bednarek, Smallbone, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Redmond, Hojbjerg, Obafemi, Ings

Something to twenty chew on :)

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Tonights team on 21:43 - Jul 16 with 820 viewsA1079

Much better balance in the 2nd half. KWP has made a difference and moving Hojberg to midfield (though he wasted he good opportunity), but much better overall. We have had a few chances this half and Vokins looking stronger. Good goal by Ings.
Tonights team on 21:52 - Jul 16 with 795 viewsRipleys_revenge

If we want to win this we have to take Smallbone off and throw on Armstrong for the last 15. Smallbone looks knackered
Tonights team on 21:57 - Jul 16 with 786 views1885_SFC

JWP has hit the first man on each of his last 3 corners. Step up the quality of corner son!

Old School is Cool

Tonights team on 21:58 - Jul 16 with 781 viewsBicester_North

Tonights team on 21:57 - Jul 16 by 1885_SFC

JWP has hit the first man on each of his last 3 corners. Step up the quality of corner son!

He’s had a proper off day so far.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Tonights team on 22:13 - Jul 16 with 742 viewsI_would

Tonights team on 21:58 - Jul 16 by Bicester_North

He’s had a proper off day so far.

I haven't noticed any difference with JWP today.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Tonights team on 22:17 - Jul 16 with 727 viewsA1079

After a poor first half we were completely different in the 2nd half and all over Brighton. Much will be made of the defensive error in the first half but the 2nd half we wasted a hatful of opportunities and did not make the most of our corners, which would have made that first half error insignificant. Adams needs to anticipate better and be quicker, Redmond was for me his usual frustrating self - plenty of good running but poor final ball. But, having said all that, we were easy on the eye again in the 2nd half and a joy to watch with plenty of pressing.

But let's not delude ourselves. We do need some strength and quality in depth and if we don't do that in the transfer window then a mid table finish is probably the best we can expect next season because we are vulnerable if we have injuries, suspensions etc of first 11 players.
Tonights team on 22:24 - Jul 16 with 700 viewsSadoldgit

Poor first half. Should have won comfortably in the second half but could have lost it if Brighton had been more clinical. Disappointing not to get all 3 points but we were at home and we all know that is a disadvantage! Not sure about Adams. You just feel that it will never work for him here and he will need to move on to progress. As for KWP, sign him up now. If his price is £10m he is a steal.
Tonights team on 22:25 - Jul 16 with 697 views1885_SFC

Ralph must have read the riot act at half time - and rightfully so. Piss poor, pre-lockdown typical home display first half. Much better second half with crisp passing & probably should have won it on chances created.

I thought Walker-Peters was excellent when he came on. I know he had a torrid time at Old Trafford against quick, quality strikers, but tonight he was very lively & always positive going forward.

Ultimately, we were rescued by the goal machine that is Danny Ings. Thank fook we have him leading the front line. Without him, we'd have been doomed long ago. I love the fella.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Tonights team on 23:18 - Jul 16 with 657 viewsSadoldgit

Vestergaard gets a lot of stick, quite rightly, but fair play tonight, what a strike that was.
Tonights team on 23:24 - Jul 16 with 653 viewsstmichael

Not one person mentioned the sheer quality of pass by Redmond for the goal.
So 2 assists in consecutive games but no one big enough to praise him..
Dissapointing

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Tonights team on 23:28 - Jul 16 with 650 viewsSadoldgit

Tonights team on 23:24 - Jul 16 by stmichael

Dissapointing

Good point. He is a quality player but can be frustrating at times. He would always start for me though.
Tonights team on 08:17 - Jul 17 with 603 viewsA1079

Tonights team on 23:24 - Jul 16 by stmichael

Dissapointing

Fair point St Michael. I did not realise he was the one that made the pass until I saw it again later. I need to hold my hands up on that one as I have been critical of him lately in terms of being frustrated with his final third. Though it will take more than the odd moment for me to say he is not a frustrating player to watch. He made some poor overshot crosses as well which were never going to reach the intended target.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024