Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
North of England back in lockdown 21:51 - Jul 30 with 1677 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53602362

Doesn't look promising for fans returning to football does it? Logic says that the virus will only get worse in the winter when it's cold and everyone is indoors. Another national lockdown inevitable?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

North of England back in lockdown on 21:58 - Jul 30 with 1661 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

We were behind Europe at the start, behind Europe in easing 'lockdown' and are slightly behind Europe in the rise.

The data is here and clear to see. Too many helmets thinking it's gone, it hasn't.

https://coronavirus-staging.data.gov.uk/cases

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

North of England back in lockdown on 22:14 - Jul 30 with 1631 viewsJaySaint

Start of Eid soon. I wonder if that will be brushed under the carpet

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

North of England back in lockdown on 22:15 - Jul 30 with 1629 viewsRon11

From what I've seen on the 'media' two thirds of the infections are within the Bangladeshi and Pakistani communities who seemingly don't give a flying fu ck about the rest of us infidels and still continue to congregate in large groups in houses with no consideration for social distancing or any other government rulings.
Now Hancock has said that they mustn't be naughty anymore and can't go into each other's houses. A lot of notice they'll take of that.
North of England back in lockdown on 22:17 - Jul 30 with 1621 viewsSadoldgit

North of England back in lockdown on 22:15 - Jul 30 by Ron11

From what I've seen on the 'media' two thirds of the infections are within the Bangladeshi and Pakistani communities who seemingly don't give a flying fu ck about the rest of us infidels and still continue to congregate in large groups in houses with no consideration for social distancing or any other government rulings.
Now Hancock has said that they mustn't be naughty anymore and can't go into each other's houses. A lot of notice they'll take of that.

That’s the spirit! What about all of the people on beaches for the last couple of months?
North of England back in lockdown on 22:19 - Jul 30 with 1619 viewsSaintsforeverj

North of England back in lockdown on 21:58 - Jul 30 by Gennaro_Contaldo

We were behind Europe at the start, behind Europe in easing 'lockdown' and are slightly behind Europe in the rise.

The data is here and clear to see. Too many helmets thinking it's gone, it hasn't.

https://coronavirus-staging.data.gov.uk/cases

It's apparently people who can't wait to visit each other, flock onto the beach and get together etc etc. Just stay at home!! Or at least stop crowding with other people!

If they can't do it, they will have to in the end as it will be enforced.

North of England back in lockdown on 22:25 - Jul 30 with 1608 viewsBuggalugs

North of England back in lockdown on 22:17 - Jul 30 by Sadoldgit

That’s the spirit! What about all of the people on beaches for the last couple of months?

Yeah, Bradford and Oldham are renowned for their beaches

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

North of England back in lockdown on 22:28 - Jul 30 with 1603 viewsRon11

North of England back in lockdown on 22:25 - Jul 30 by Buggalugs

Correct.
North of England back in lockdown on 22:36 - Jul 30 with 1590 viewsJaySaint

Blackburn-on-sea is delightful this time of year

Login to get fewer ads

North of England back in lockdown on 22:57 - Jul 30 with 1557 viewsSaintsforeverj

I can see chaos in the winter. What happens when we all get colds and flu as is normal in my family during the winter? Sent home from work? Do we all self isolate because we are coughing? Get a test? People panicking they have the virus, when it might just be a cold.

Coughs and colds spreading through schools in December, January, February - all the kids from the class sent home in case it's the virus? Parents panicking. No easy answer but I think unfortunately there will be absolute chaos and many troubles ahead.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 23:00]

North of England back in lockdown on 23:07 - Jul 30 with 1533 viewsSadoldgit

North of England back in lockdown on 22:25 - Jul 30 by Buggalugs

You have missed the point.
North of England back in lockdown on 23:30 - Jul 30 with 1513 viewsA1079

North of England back in lockdown on 22:57 - Jul 30 by Saintsforeverj

I can see chaos in the winter. What happens when we all get colds and flu as is normal in my family during the winter? Sent home from work? Do we all self isolate because we are coughing? Get a test? People panicking they have the virus, when it might just be a cold.

Coughs and colds spreading through schools in December, January, February - all the kids from the class sent home in case it's the virus? Parents panicking. No easy answer but I think unfortunately there will be absolute chaos and many troubles ahead.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 23:00]

Exactly Saintsforeverj. From about October onwards flu, colds, stomach bugs etc start to go on the rise anyway every year and then last through the winter with just about everyone at some point experiencing some sort of flu like symptoms or bugs. How on earth, every time that someone coughs, sneezes, has a sore throat going to know whether they have a normal winter flu type bug or covid? Does it mean that everytime you feel unwell that you are going to self isolate, test, etc? Sick absence will be rife. Lockdowns will be rife if we are going to treat every flu like outbreak as Covid.

I cannot imagine how any Govt, no matter what their political colour is going to know or be able to decide what action to take. I work in a University - October season is known as freshers flu season - loads of students from all over the country and abroad congregate. They will have illnesses. How do you stop it happening?

Testing is actually not proving that accurate. I have heard of loads of cases now where people have been tested negative several times but have had Covid related symptoms.

So, what is the option because how often can we lockdown in any form? You cannot turn it on and off like a tap, though that now seems to be the strategy. I don't know the answers or the solutions and I am not sure anyone does - not even scientists, so no Govt can win on this and heaven knows how any health system can plan for what the winter ahead may mean. What are we left with, the world accepts that this virus cannot really be quashed through measures other than short term periods so perversely do you accept herd contagion is the only logical outcome until a population wide vaccine becomes available and can be rolled out - but what Govt is going to want to risk massive loss of life under the name of coronavirus and have that hanging over their heads, though you could argue that Trump has effectively accepted that strategy in the USA.

An impossible situation and we can all be desk top critics when I would not like to be the one that has to try and weave a path through this issue.

From a football perspective. They say that they hope for some sort of fan return in October. We will have had further spikes by then and as I have stated earlier in this post October is when flu related bugs start to escalate - difficult to see how mass attendance in any form of stadiums is going to be possible in the months and year or so ahead and endless postponed games as playing staff themselves have various infections, but how are alot of sporting organisations going to be able to survive such disruption and uncertainty whether you are your little local youth team or a PL club. A bleak time ahead.
North of England back in lockdown on 23:49 - Jul 30 with 1499 viewsSaintsforeverj

North of England back in lockdown on 23:30 - Jul 30 by A1079

Exactly Saintsforeverj. From about October onwards flu, colds, stomach bugs etc start to go on the rise anyway every year and then last through the winter with just about everyone at some point experiencing some sort of flu like symptoms or bugs. How on earth, every time that someone coughs, sneezes, has a sore throat going to know whether they have a normal winter flu type bug or covid? Does it mean that everytime you feel unwell that you are going to self isolate, test, etc? Sick absence will be rife. Lockdowns will be rife if we are going to treat every flu like outbreak as Covid.

I cannot imagine how any Govt, no matter what their political colour is going to know or be able to decide what action to take. I work in a University - October season is known as freshers flu season - loads of students from all over the country and abroad congregate. They will have illnesses. How do you stop it happening?

Testing is actually not proving that accurate. I have heard of loads of cases now where people have been tested negative several times but have had Covid related symptoms.

So, what is the option because how often can we lockdown in any form? You cannot turn it on and off like a tap, though that now seems to be the strategy. I don't know the answers or the solutions and I am not sure anyone does - not even scientists, so no Govt can win on this and heaven knows how any health system can plan for what the winter ahead may mean. What are we left with, the world accepts that this virus cannot really be quashed through measures other than short term periods so perversely do you accept herd contagion is the only logical outcome until a population wide vaccine becomes available and can be rolled out - but what Govt is going to want to risk massive loss of life under the name of coronavirus and have that hanging over their heads, though you could argue that Trump has effectively accepted that strategy in the USA.

An impossible situation and we can all be desk top critics when I would not like to be the one that has to try and weave a path through this issue.

From a football perspective. They say that they hope for some sort of fan return in October. We will have had further spikes by then and as I have stated earlier in this post October is when flu related bugs start to escalate - difficult to see how mass attendance in any form of stadiums is going to be possible in the months and year or so ahead and endless postponed games as playing staff themselves have various infections, but how are alot of sporting organisations going to be able to survive such disruption and uncertainty whether you are your little local youth team or a PL club. A bleak time ahead.

Yep sums it up really. I tend to think that maybe Sweden had it right. There is only so long we can turn the taps on and off anyway: economically, socially and realistically.

The longer it goes on, I tend to think that in the end, we just have to say that if you are worried or are medically vulnerable, get a certificate to stay at home and self isolate. The rest of us can then just get on with life and choose to take the risk or not. We can distance, not go to the beach, wear a mask but just carry on and the economy can survive.

I suppose the government will step in, all the while they can, until we just can't afford it any longer. They do this whilst hoping a vaccine arrives soon. But in the end, we just can't shut down society for years and years. And I agree, there is no easy answer, the government can't win on this whatever they do and it's just one big nightmare that I feel will start to turn populations, as in making them mad. It all started with a bit of community spirit, rallying round, claps for NHS and the rest. I predict that some people realistically will only tolerate this for so long.

As for football, yeah I agree. I can't see crowds returning when cases are rising and as you say, October and the winter months will bring about all sorts of viruses. People won't step foot in grounds and / or authorities won't allow it, with everyone sneezing etc.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 23:54]

North of England back in lockdown on 18:42 - Jul 31 with 1319 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-53607907

So people are still not taking any notice of the warnings. So expect full national lockdown soon.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 18:43]

North of England back in lockdown on 18:51 - Jul 31 with 1299 views1885_SFC

North of England back in lockdown on 22:17 - Jul 30 by Sadoldgit

So where is the spike in Bournemouth?

Old School is Cool

North of England back in lockdown on 19:08 - Jul 31 with 1286 viewsSaintsforeverj

North of England back in lockdown on 18:51 - Jul 31 by 1885_SFC

So where is the spike in Bournemouth?

Probably a lot of people on Bournemouth beach from other areas of the country spreading the virus elsewhere. But here is another example:
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/18620953.southampton-muslim-community-celebrate
Doesn't look socially distanced to me.

If people keep mixing, the virus will accelerate. We either accept this and get on with it, or the government needs to get tough and set up road blocks, ban travel to within 10 miles from your home, and ban all get together. The inevitable panic and full lockdown will happen soon, if they don't either get a "proper" grip on this or simply accept it and take the risk.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 19:11]

North of England back in lockdown on 19:11 - Jul 31 with 1274 viewsJaySaint

North of England back in lockdown on 19:08 - Jul 31 by Saintsforeverj

Probably a lot of people on Bournemouth beach from other areas of the country spreading the virus elsewhere. But here is another example:
https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/18620953.southampton-muslim-community-celebrate
Doesn't look socially distanced to me.

If people keep mixing, the virus will accelerate. We either accept this and get on with it, or the government needs to get tough and set up road blocks, ban travel to within 10 miles from your home, and ban all get together. The inevitable panic and full lockdown will happen soon, if they don't either get a "proper" grip on this or simply accept it and take the risk.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 19:11]

I would not worry about the south, but the more pressing issue of Eid in the North

North of England back in lockdown on 19:14 - Jul 31 with 1271 viewsSaintsforeverj

North of England back in lockdown on 19:11 - Jul 31 by JaySaint

I would not worry about the south, but the more pressing issue of Eid in the North

But all these people mixing for whatever reason, will spread the virus. If they are serious about this way forward, then they should be more watertight and stop parties, gatherings, beach trips, everything. If not, what do they expect, other than a spread of the virus?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 19:15]

North of England back in lockdown on 19:24 - Jul 31 with 1256 viewsJaySaint

North of England back in lockdown on 19:14 - Jul 31 by Saintsforeverj

But all these people mixing for whatever reason, will spread the virus. If they are serious about this way forward, then they should be more watertight and stop parties, gatherings, beach trips, everything. If not, what do they expect, other than a spread of the virus?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 19:15]

people brought this up during the mental protests..but no one (the left) batted an eye-lid

now, they are

North of England back in lockdown on 19:50 - Jul 31 with 1229 viewsSaintsforeverj

North of England back in lockdown on 19:24 - Jul 31 by JaySaint

people brought this up during the mental protests..but no one (the left) batted an eye-lid

now, they are

True. But it's just pleasure seekers doing unnecessary things, spreading the virus. Let's get the schools open, people back to work, allow people to get necessities with social distancing and leave it at that. All these people having parties, barbecues, going to the beach, having religious celebrations etc etc are doing activities not necessary for survival. Because of them, we will probably have to have a full lockdown, closing schools and the rest. Can't these people accept just one year without going to the beach, having a holiday or celebrating a religious festival for the sake of the whole country!
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 19:53]

North of England back in lockdown on 21:27 - Jul 31 with 1167 viewsJaySaint

North of England back in lockdown on 19:50 - Jul 31 by Saintsforeverj

True. But it's just pleasure seekers doing unnecessary things, spreading the virus. Let's get the schools open, people back to work, allow people to get necessities with social distancing and leave it at that. All these people having parties, barbecues, going to the beach, having religious celebrations etc etc are doing activities not necessary for survival. Because of them, we will probably have to have a full lockdown, closing schools and the rest. Can't these people accept just one year without going to the beach, having a holiday or celebrating a religious festival for the sake of the whole country!
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 19:53]

BLM protesting was unnecessary too

North of England back in lockdown on 01:09 - Aug 1 with 1087 viewsSadoldgit

North of England back in lockdown on 19:24 - Jul 31 by JaySaint

now, they are

I think plenty of people “batted an eyelid”. They also saw the huge injustice on their TV screens and understood the reaction to it. You say that it was all down to the “left”. I would like to think that all right minded people would have been horrified by seeing someone killed by a law enforcement officer on their TV screens and would also understand the outrage and demonstrations against it. Surely even you can understand that? At least these people weren’t just testing their eyesight. 🤓
North of England back in lockdown on 06:57 - Aug 1 with 1047 viewsJaySaint

North of England back in lockdown on 01:09 - Aug 1 by Sadoldgit

I think plenty of people “batted an eyelid”. They also saw the huge injustice on their TV screens and understood the reaction to it. You say that it was all down to the “left”. I would like to think that all right minded people would have been horrified by seeing someone killed by a law enforcement officer on their TV screens and would also understand the outrage and demonstrations against it. Surely even you can understand that? At least these people weren’t just testing their eyesight. 🤓

Yes. Mass spreading of COVID whilst protesting at police brutality thousands of miles away....

Worth killing innocent people for.

Fair enough

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024