Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
big explosion 16:40 - Aug 4 with 938 viewsJaySaint

in Beirut

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

big explosion on 17:09 - Aug 4 with 897 viewsDorsetIan

Jay, that's the second non-football story today that you've posted on the football part of the forum.

Are you doing it on purpose?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

big explosion on 18:37 - Aug 4 with 808 views1885_SFC

If I was a betting man - I would put money on it being an Israeli operation to stop arms/ammunition reaching Hezbollah fighters.

Old School is Cool

big explosion on 18:50 - Aug 4 with 796 viewsgrumpy

I remember when Beirut was a popular holiday destination.
big explosion on 20:05 - Aug 4 with 742 viewsdirk_doone

big explosion on 18:50 - Aug 4 by grumpy

I remember when Beirut was a popular holiday destination.

I remember being in Beirut in the summer of 2006 after the Israelis had bombed it. There were collapsed bridges, burning cars and huge fountains of water from mains pipes which had been bombed. The bombing was very precise and strategic.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

big explosion on 20:14 - Aug 4 with 729 viewsSadoldgit

Firework factory apparently. What on Earth do they put in their fireworks?
big explosion on 12:13 - Aug 5 with 604 viewskingslandstand1

big explosion on 20:14 - Aug 4 by Sadoldgit

Firework factory apparently. What on Earth do they put in their fireworks?

I would imagine a few incendiary devices capable of setting off a few missiles aimed at particular countries maybe or defending their own?

Although now it was chemicals not stored safely apparently. Unfortunately if anything like that happens over there the consensus will be not friendly activity

But of course of it was fireworks they weren't very colourful, and quite a lot of them!!
big explosion on 12:20 - Aug 5 with 599 viewsBison

big explosion on 12:13 - Aug 5 by kingslandstand1

I would imagine a few incendiary devices capable of setting off a few missiles aimed at particular countries maybe or defending their own?

Although now it was chemicals not stored safely apparently. Unfortunately if anything like that happens over there the consensus will be not friendly activity

But of course of it was fireworks they weren't very colourful, and quite a lot of them!!

President Michel Aoun said the blast was caused by 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate stored unsafely in a warehouse.
Ammonium nitrate is used as a fertiliser in agriculture and as an explosive.

Looks like a nuke went off it as so big.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

big explosion on 12:47 - Aug 5 with 580 viewskingslandstand1

big explosion on 12:20 - Aug 5 by Bison

President Michel Aoun said the blast was caused by 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate stored unsafely in a warehouse.
Ammonium nitrate is used as a fertiliser in agriculture and as an explosive.

Looks like a nuke went off it as so big.

When I first saw it straight away I saw the mushroom shape and thought SH!T
Login to get fewer ads

big explosion on 13:24 - Aug 5 with 553 viewsBison

big explosion on 12:47 - Aug 5 by kingslandstand1

When I first saw it straight away I saw the mushroom shape and thought SH!T

I was working at South Quay in '96 when they bombed it , that was a 1/2 ton fertiliser bomb and the destruction was incredible so this was nearly 6,000 times more powerful and registered 3.5 on the Richter scale , it was felt 150 miles away in Cyprus.

big explosion on 13:30 - Aug 5 with 545 viewsSadoldgit

big explosion on 12:13 - Aug 5 by kingslandstand1

Mrs SOG said that an earlier news report had mentioned a fireworks factory/storage area but that wasn’t mentioned in later reports and was replaced by reports of fertiliser. What a terrifying blast.
big explosion on 13:32 - Aug 5 with 539 viewsJaySaint

big explosion on 13:30 - Aug 5 by Sadoldgit

Mrs SOG said that an earlier news report had mentioned a fireworks factory/storage area but that wasn’t mentioned in later reports and was replaced by reports of fertiliser. What a terrifying blast.

looked horrific, didn't it

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

big explosion on 13:43 - Aug 5 with 532 viewsSadoldgit

big explosion on 13:32 - Aug 5 by JaySaint

looked horrific, didn't it

I’ve never seen anything like it. I’ve watched several vids of it and every time it looks more horrific. Given the power of the blast the death toll (at the moment) seems comparably low. How would you survive that if you were anywhere nearby?
big explosion on 13:50 - Aug 5 with 525 viewsBison

big explosion on 13:43 - Aug 5 by Sadoldgit

I’ve never seen anything like it. I’ve watched several vids of it and every time it looks more horrific. Given the power of the blast the death toll (at the moment) seems comparably low. How would you survive that if you were anywhere nearby?

They said that the fire fighting team there that was fighting the initial fire had 'disappeared'

I expect some people will just not be found.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024