Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Happy Are You With This Weeks Transfer Business ? 19:06 - Aug 12 with 1233 viewsSaintNick

How Happy Are You With This Weeks Transfer Business ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

How Happy Are You With This Weeks Transfer Business ? on 20:27 - Aug 12 with 1186 viewskingslandstand1

So who of the regular posters on here went for the orange choice???
How Happy Are You With This Weeks Transfer Business ? on 20:51 - Aug 12 with 1161 viewsSaintNick

How Happy Are You With This Weeks Transfer Business ? on 20:27 - Aug 12 by kingslandstand1

I always put in one option so our Pompey friends can join in too

How Happy Are You With This Weeks Transfer Business ? on 00:52 - Aug 13 with 1062 viewsI_would

How Happy Are You With This Weeks Transfer Business ? on 20:27 - Aug 12 by kingslandstand1

Very happy thanks. Saga went on for so long that I thought it would never happen. Would've straight swapped PEH for Peters, so fantastic deal. Only another 11 deals to go........

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

How Happy Are You With This Weeks Transfer Business ? on 01:23 - Aug 13 with 1051 viewsTimSaint

I think what is important so far is that we have got our signings over the line relatively early in the window. With the new season starting in little over 4 weeks, it is imperative that we get new players to bed in before the season starts.

All too often we have waited til the 11th hour (perhaps to save on fees and wages), only to either pay over the odds, or miss out completely and end up scrambling around for our 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice targets.

Rumour has it that there will be more additions, but I would now like to see a few departures - especially those fringe or loan players on higher wages, or those who have boasted that they would be in 'high demand' this window.

TimSaint

How Happy Are You With This Weeks Transfer Business ? on 07:10 - Aug 13 with 992 viewsSaintNick

How Happy Are You With This Weeks Transfer Business ? on 01:23 - Aug 13 by TimSaint

I think what is important so far is that we have got our signings over the line relatively early in the window. With the new season starting in little over 4 weeks, it is imperative that we get new players to bed in before the season starts.

All too often we have waited til the 11th hour (perhaps to save on fees and wages), only to either pay over the odds, or miss out completely and end up scrambling around for our 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice targets.

Rumour has it that there will be more additions, but I would now like to see a few departures - especially those fringe or loan players on higher wages, or those who have boasted that they would be in 'high demand' this window.

In any transfer window most deals arent done until the 11th hour, mainly due to the fact that the selling clubs are usually keen to try and push the price up so won't sell until late on.

This window is different as clubs are strapped for cash so need to sell to brink money in.

How Happy Are You With This Weeks Transfer Business ? on 09:57 - Aug 13 with 908 viewsSadoldgit

A lot of agents also hold out to see if they can get the best deal for their clients and that often comes down to the end of the window when minds are more focussed and other deals fall into place. The only way that will change is to go back to the good old days when there was no transfer window and no artificially inflated prices.

Anyway.

Pleased that Hoj has got his dream move and I wish him luck. I don’t think it will end well for him but we shall see. More pleased that KWP has signed (and for what appears to be a reasonable price too). After a slow start I think that he really grew into his role and by the end of the season would have been one of my first names on the team sheet. He suits our style well and I am sure there is more to come from him.

Very happy that we have bought a new centre half and he looks a beast. I just hope that he fits in quickly. We can’t afford to have signed yet another disappointing player in this crucial position.

As has been said already it will be good to see a number of fringe players moved on. So much dead wood draining resources that could be better used elsewhere. For once I will be looking with more interest at those leaving.
How Happy Are You With This Weeks Transfer Business ? on 15:00 - Aug 13 with 847 viewsBenali_Saint

Very happy with them, have been won over by KWP, wasnt impressed when we loaned him, happy to admit I was wrong. Salisu looks to be what we have lacked since VVD went and the Kid from Walsall is very highly rated
How Happy Are You With This Weeks Transfer Business ? on 16:07 - Aug 13 with 807 viewsBicester_North

Van Dijk had about 140 games under his belt before we signed him, Salisu only has 30 or so. Let’s hope he turns out as good as people seem to think he will, can’t really say whether we’ve done good business or not until we see him play in the prem. Just goes to show how desperate we are for a quality centre half that our fans are so happy with this one
KWP yes, well happy with that
[Post edited 13 Aug 2020 16:09]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

How Happy Are You With This Weeks Transfer Business ? on 17:18 - Aug 13 with 761 viewsinthebox

How Happy Are You With This Weeks Transfer Business ? on 16:07 - Aug 13 by Bicester_North

Van Dijk had about 140 games under his belt before we signed him, Salisu only has 30 or so. Let’s hope he turns out as good as people seem to think he will, can’t really say whether we’ve done good business or not until we see him play in the prem. Just goes to show how desperate we are for a quality centre half that our fans are so happy with this one
KWP yes, well happy with that
[Post edited 13 Aug 2020 16:09]

La Liga is probably rather more challenging than the Scottish league so the comparison with VVD is a little unfair. Apparently Manure were looking at him last year and he was considered a rough diamond what ever that means in footballing terms. Welcome to Saint MS
How Happy Are You With This Weeks Transfer Business ? on 17:53 - Aug 13 with 746 viewskingslandstand1

How Happy Are You With This Weeks Transfer Business ? on 00:52 - Aug 13 by I_would

Very happy thanks. Saga went on for so long that I thought it would never happen. Would've straight swapped PEH for Peters, so fantastic deal. Only another 11 deals to go........

We've missed you really I_Would
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024