Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting XI v Hudds 12:43 - Sep 3 with 18045 viewsTipperaryDale

Basing this on the fact I don't think we'll have any new signings, or at least new signing that are going to be on the pitch, what does everyone's starting team look like?

For me it would be

Bazunu
McLaughlin, McShane, O' Connell, Keohane
Ryan, Lund
Newby, Morley, Baah,
Done

Subs: Lynch, Dunne, McNulty, Rathbone, Brierley, Dooley, Tavares

It's not a complete catastrophe, but we are incredibly light up top whichever way you look at it. Had to pick one of Rathbone and Morley, and I'm not sure on the former's fitness.
Starting XI v Hudds on 12:50 - Sep 3 with 7604 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Is our new GK still on International duty?

Lunch in Goal?
Starting XI v Hudds on 12:55 - Sep 3 with 7565 viewsTVOS1907

Starting XI v Hudds on 12:50 - Sep 3 by Yorkshire_Dale

Lunch in Goal?

No

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/september/gavin-bazunu_training-camp_sep

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Starting XI v Hudds on 12:56 - Sep 3 with 7574 viewsTipperaryDale

Starting XI v Hudds on 12:50 - Sep 3 by Yorkshire_Dale

Lunch in Goal?

Doubt he'll have time for that against Hudds.
Starting XI v Hudds on 18:16 - Sep 3 with 7281 viewsMancDale

We've got some decent players but let's be honest the squad as it is wouldn't survive in league 2 nevermind league 1. Feel sorry for BBM. He's potentially a really good manager who isn't being given a chance.
Starting XI v Hudds on 16:39 - Sep 4 with 6895 viewsfermin

Just listened to the full BBM interview on iFollow. In summary, for those without access:

Lund is out injured, but Rathbone should be back from injury, though is behind on fitness. Hull's offer for Rathbone was way below our valution and so was turned down.

Overall he thinks we are about a month behind other clubs fitness-wise because we were one of the last out of furlough. Huddersfield will be a lot further ahead because they have been playing across the summer.

BBM did not want Andy Thorpe to leave but he has decided at his age to concentrate on private practice. However, he has agreed to help out until we get someone new in. BBM thinks Andy Thorpe should get a proper send-off at some point and be given some sort of (honorary) role in the future as he has been a big part of the club.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2020 16:40]
Starting XI v Hudds on 17:19 - Sep 4 with 6782 viewsjonahwhereru

Think you are pretty close there Tipp.
With the news on Lund,and Rathbone lacking fitness I would play Rathbone and Dooley. Have Newby upfront with Done and Baah on the bench. Just think if Ollie’s not going to last 90 minutes I would prefer Dooley on from the start. Then switch him inside to allow Baah to replace Rathbone.
I like Newby, his style reminds me of Nick Powell. If he emulates him it’s happy days.
Seems strange, in my mind this is like the last pre season friendly against a decent side rather than a competitive game.
In any event UTD
Starting XI v Hudds on 17:33 - Sep 4 with 6722 views442Dale

Starting XI v Hudds on 16:39 - Sep 4 by fermin

Just listened to the full BBM interview on iFollow. In summary, for those without access:

Lund is out injured, but Rathbone should be back from injury, though is behind on fitness. Hull's offer for Rathbone was way below our valution and so was turned down.

Overall he thinks we are about a month behind other clubs fitness-wise because we were one of the last out of furlough. Huddersfield will be a lot further ahead because they have been playing across the summer.

BBM did not want Andy Thorpe to leave but he has decided at his age to concentrate on private practice. However, he has agreed to help out until we get someone new in. BBM thinks Andy Thorpe should get a proper send-off at some point and be given some sort of (honorary) role in the future as he has been a big part of the club.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2020 16:40]

Thanks for the summary. Good to hear BBM’s thoughts on Andy Thorpe. He’ll go down as one of the longest serving employees that’s ever worked for the club, very unsung but deserves real recognition.

Did BBM give any details around where he thinks we are short and where we are up to with possible recruits? His points about furlough have been made before, it’s something he wants to make clear and, again, it’s something out of his control. The decisions made by the club should have no bearing on thoughts about how the manager is doing for the forthcoming months.

Right now those interviews should be available in full, to everyone.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:50 - Sep 4 with 6657 viewsnordenblue

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:33 - Sep 4 by 442Dale

Thanks for the summary. Good to hear BBM’s thoughts on Andy Thorpe. He’ll go down as one of the longest serving employees that’s ever worked for the club, very unsung but deserves real recognition.

Did BBM give any details around where he thinks we are short and where we are up to with possible recruits? His points about furlough have been made before, it’s something he wants to make clear and, again, it’s something out of his control. The decisions made by the club should have no bearing on thoughts about how the manager is doing for the forthcoming months.

Does anyone know exactly why we're one of the last clubs to come off Furlough,as its clearly hampered our/BBMs preparation,especially on the recruitment front im guessing,not to mention fitness wise
Login to get fewer ads

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:53 - Sep 4 with 6651 viewsrochdaleriddler

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:50 - Sep 4 by nordenblue

Does anyone know exactly why we're one of the last clubs to come off Furlough,as its clearly hampered our/BBMs preparation,especially on the recruitment front im guessing,not to mention fitness wise

Saving a few grand, costing potentially way more down the line?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:58 - Sep 4 with 6618 viewsnordenblue

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:53 - Sep 4 by rochdaleriddler

Saving a few grand, costing potentially way more down the line?

There's some belters at the club at the minute clearly business orientated, jesus fooking wept... let's try and save a couple of grand to ultimately fook us up royal for the season of all seasons ahead,and cost us god knows how much more if we get relegated
Starting XI v Hudds on 18:31 - Sep 4 with 6509 viewsNorthernDale

I have to agree that DB financial decision making as to some extent damaged our prospects this season. Listening to BBM saying it will be closer to the end of the transfer window is worrying, if we don't get our targets.

I have to agree with the general team selection tomorrow, because we have little else,
Bazunu
Ryan, Morley Brierley
Newby,
Baah, Done

Subs: Lynch, Dunne, McNulty, Rathbone, Mialkowski , Dooley, Tavares
Starting XI v Hudds on 18:43 - Sep 4 with 6476 viewsfinberty

Starting XI v Hudds on 18:31 - Sep 4 by NorthernDale

I have to agree that DB financial decision making as to some extent damaged our prospects this season. Listening to BBM saying it will be closer to the end of the transfer window is worrying, if we don't get our targets.

I have to agree with the general team selection tomorrow, because we have little else,
Bazunu
Ryan, Morley Brierley
Newby,
Baah, Done

Subs: Lynch, Dunne, McNulty, Rathbone, Mialkowski , Dooley, Tavares

Yep. Crying out for an Alby-type to put some experienced physicality up-top. Forget the age of the guy, didn't he score against Premier League defenders last season?
Starting XI v Hudds on 19:29 - Sep 4 with 6384 viewsmacro

Damage could already be done. We have undoubtedly the weakest squad in the division. I understand the financial issues but every other club has been more pro-active. Unfortunately the top brass have been far too conservative. They need to remember that relegation would be financial suicide
Starting XI v Hudds on 19:33 - Sep 4 with 6363 viewsSuddenLad

Starting XI v Hudds on 19:29 - Sep 4 by macro

Damage could already be done. We have undoubtedly the weakest squad in the division. I understand the financial issues but every other club has been more pro-active. Unfortunately the top brass have been far too conservative. They need to remember that relegation would be financial suicide

With regard to your final sentence, the same view isn't held by some people at the club.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Starting XI v Hudds on 19:39 - Sep 4 with 6346 viewsfermin

Starting XI v Hudds on 17:33 - Sep 4 by 442Dale

From memory I think he said we were looking up front (no surprise) and that we might be getting a loan in early next week.

Most of the interview is covered on https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/september/bbm--pre-hudderdfield_carabao-
Starting XI v Hudds on 20:05 - Sep 4 with 6297 viewsmacro

Starting XI v Hudds on 19:33 - Sep 4 by SuddenLad

With regard to your final sentence, the same view isn't held by some people at the club.

Which is very, very short sighted. The huge drop in TV money would be a real issue. I'm not saying that we need to overspend or go crazy but at least show some ambition. BBM shouldn't be saying a fortnight after his last interview exactly the same thing regarding signings.
Starting XI v Hudds on 20:12 - Sep 4 with 6267 views442Dale

Starting XI v Hudds on 19:39 - Sep 4 by fermin

From memory I think he said we were looking up front (no surprise) and that we might be getting a loan in early next week.

Most of the interview is covered on https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/september/bbm--pre-hudderdfield_carabao-

Yeah, saw that, ta. Others have mentioned comments about the squad size, was wondering what his words were and what his general demeanour was on that subject.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Starting XI v Hudds on 20:13 - Sep 4 with 6269 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Starting XI v Hudds on 20:05 - Sep 4 by macro

Which is very, very short sighted. The huge drop in TV money would be a real issue. I'm not saying that we need to overspend or go crazy but at least show some ambition. BBM shouldn't be saying a fortnight after his last interview exactly the same thing regarding signings.

What price are Huddersfield to win by 4 or more tomorrow. Got to be worth a punt ( I said punt not CEO)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Starting XI v Hudds on 20:21 - Sep 4 with 6246 viewsAtThePeake

Starting XI v Hudds on 18:43 - Sep 4 by finberty

Yep. Crying out for an Alby-type to put some experienced physicality up-top. Forget the age of the guy, didn't he score against Premier League defenders last season?

Yes. But he also only scored 4 against League One defenders.

We need someone who offers more on a consistent basis.

Tangled up in blue.

Starting XI v Hudds on 14:28 - Sep 5 with 5835 viewsDaleiLama

The official version

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Starting XI v Hudds on 14:36 - Sep 5 with 5766 viewsDale23years

Starting XI v Hudds on 14:28 - Sep 5 by DaleiLama

The official version

Weakest squad in the league ( in the term depth and quality of subs available)

How can Bottomley and the board find this acceptable, hard questions need to be ask by the trust, but I won't hold my breath on that account.

Feel for BBM

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Starting XI v Hudds on 14:57 - Sep 5 with 5610 viewsnordenblue

Starting XI v Hudds on 14:36 - Sep 5 by Dale23years

How can Bottomley and the board find this acceptable, hard questions need to be ask by the trust, but I won't hold my breath on that account.

Feel for BBM

There's more chance of us signing Holt and Lambert back for the season....
Starting XI v Hudds on 14:58 - Sep 5 with 5600 viewsfunkkk

Starting XI v Hudds on 14:36 - Sep 5 by Dale23years

Feel for BBM

Wow, that bench. Crazy to think this is the start of the season, still feels like we're a few weeks away. Hopefully we can add some strength in depth before the league season starts.
Starting XI v Hudds on 15:25 - Sep 5 with 5304 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Starting XI v Hudds on 15:27 - Sep 5 with 5274 viewsSuddenLad

Goal disallowed. Matt Done scores and has it ruled out. Unfairly I think.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024