Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swindon Match Thread 14:27 - Sep 12 with 19315 viewsboromat

Line ups seem a little late to be announced......

Wonder which of the midfielders will be up top 🤣
[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 14:28]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Swindon Match Thread on 16:28 - Sep 12 with 3569 viewsD_Alien

Swindon Match Thread on 16:24 - Sep 12 by scarrow

Thank you board for buying humphreys, great job. We still need 5-6 more additions to be competitive. Swindon are better in every area of the pitch

Not saying we don't need strengthening, but think it'll be more important to react the right way to this performance

If we're playing an untested formation, and once we've gone a couple of goals down and the other team have their tails up, individual performances can look worse than they might be in different circumstances

It's been mentioned about how we dealt with Rotherham during our last league game. No idea why this approach should've changed, but apparently it has

[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 16:34]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Swindon Match Thread on 16:30 - Sep 12 with 3551 viewsRippDale

Swindon Match Thread on 16:24 - Sep 12 by scarrow

Thank you board for buying humphreys, great job. We still need 5-6 more additions to be competitive. Swindon are better in every area of the pitch

It doesn't matter who we sign if the manager(s) insist on playing the same style of negative, sideways/backwards football that we have played for the past 4 seasons
Swindon Match Thread on 16:32 - Sep 12 with 3485 viewsSuddenLad

Baah on for Dooley

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Swindon Match Thread on 16:36 - Sep 12 with 3424 viewsSuddenLad

Pitman on for Swindon

Swindon Match Thread on 16:40 - Sep 12 with 3369 viewsjudd

Swindon Match Thread on 16:36 - Sep 12 by SuddenLad

Pitman on for Swindon

Oh fook

Poll: What is it to be then?

Swindon Match Thread on 16:50 - Sep 12 with 3226 viewstodmordendale

Not much use having a new striker if we still fart arse around at the back.
Swindon Match Thread on 16:52 - Sep 12 with 3175 viewsSuddenLad

Goal from Keohane. 3-1

Swindon Match Thread on 16:52 - Sep 12 with 3186 viewsrichfoad32

Swindon Match Thread on 15:58 - Sep 12 by rochdaleriddler

I’ve backed both teams to score. I am an idiot

KERCHING!
Login to get fewer ads

Swindon Match Thread on 16:56 - Sep 12 with 3093 viewsD_Alien

Swindon Match Thread on 16:52 - Sep 12 by SuddenLad

Goal from Keohane. 3-1

That goal's taken us off the bottom of the table and out of the drop zone

We're on the up!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Swindon Match Thread on 16:58 - Sep 12 with 3057 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Swindon Match Thread on 16:56 - Sep 12 by D_Alien

That goal's taken us off the bottom of the table and out of the drop zone

We're on the up!

Yep,...we "won" the 2nd half, and Pitman did n't score.
Swindon Match Thread on 17:07 - Sep 12 with 2917 viewsdingdangblue

Swindon Match Thread on 16:58 - Sep 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

Yep,...we "won" the 2nd half, and Pitman did n't score.

What more could you want.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Swindon Match Thread on 17:10 - Sep 12 with 2867 viewsdingdangblue

Just noticed Swindon had 3 players called Smith playing. That must explain our confused defending in the 1st half. Our defenders were all marking the other one who didn't score. 👍

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Swindon Match Thread on 17:28 - Sep 12 with 2723 viewsSaxonDale

Swindon Match Thread on 17:10 - Sep 12 by dingdangblue

Just noticed Swindon had 3 players called Smith playing. That must explain our confused defending in the 1st half. Our defenders were all marking the other one who didn't score. 👍

Heaven knows I’m miserable now
Swindon Match Thread on 17:34 - Sep 12 with 2687 viewsrichfoad32

Swindon Match Thread on 17:28 - Sep 12 by SaxonDale

Heaven knows I’m miserable now

Could sulk about it, but what difference does it make?
Swindon Match Thread on 17:47 - Sep 12 with 2613 views442Dale

Think we’d all be feeling a lot worse if we hadn’t signed Humphrys. There was no threat whatsoever in the last third. If anything it gives further evidence for BBM to go to the board and ask for someone else in that area too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Swindon Match Thread on 17:51 - Sep 12 with 2580 viewsjudd

Swindon Match Thread on 17:47 - Sep 12 by 442Dale

Think we’d all be feeling a lot worse if we hadn’t signed Humphrys. There was no threat whatsoever in the last third. If anything it gives further evidence for BBM to go to the board and ask for someone else in that area too.

We've won twice as many as we've lost.

Swindon Match Thread on 18:16 - Sep 12 with 2449 viewsfinberty

Wilbraham still available? A bit of know-how and strength up front?
Swindon Match Thread on 18:55 - Sep 12 with 2228 viewstodmordendale

Little to be gained by having Alby up front when we persist in playing around our area.
Swindon Match Thread on 18:56 - Sep 12 with 2224 viewsNorthernDale

Give credit where credit is due, Bottomley the financial genius got rid of Camps and Hendo to save money (both of whom both scored today), but will cost us money when we are relegated. The facts are this is the weakest Dale side for years, which combined with BBM fixation with possession football, which did not work last season, exposes his lack of ability to recognise his tactics are not working. I feel that we will be relegated before Christmas,if things do not change, but I suspect that this may be the objective of the board.

Matty Done upfront shows the lack of ability at the club, the man as scored something like 9 goals in over 100 games for the Dale. Mr Bottomley must be proud of his achievements or the lack of them.
Swindon Match Thread on 19:03 - Sep 12 with 2190 viewsboromat

I don't think you can read too much into today. I didn't expect to win in fact alot have mentioned that we're likely to have zero points after 5 games, it's a difficult start regardless of where the squads up to. We're relegation favourites for a reason and we've got a lot to do. Humphrys is a good start and hopefully he lives up to the expectations. We need a few more signings and a fitter squad. I'll start to worry if the squad is the same once the transfer window has closed.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Swindon Match Thread on 19:30 - Sep 12 with 2087 viewsTVOS1907

Swindon Match Thread on 18:56 - Sep 12 by NorthernDale

Give credit where credit is due, Bottomley the financial genius got rid of Camps and Hendo to save money (both of whom both scored today), but will cost us money when we are relegated. The facts are this is the weakest Dale side for years, which combined with BBM fixation with possession football, which did not work last season, exposes his lack of ability to recognise his tactics are not working. I feel that we will be relegated before Christmas,if things do not change, but I suspect that this may be the objective of the board.

Matty Done upfront shows the lack of ability at the club, the man as scored something like 9 goals in over 100 games for the Dale. Mr Bottomley must be proud of his achievements or the lack of them.

Henderson could have signed a new deal several months before the end of the season as negotiations were ongoing for some time. He didn't.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Swindon Match Thread on 19:36 - Sep 12 with 2048 viewsjonahwhereru

DIdnt see the game, but not a bad result to focus the mind of the board. Some of the reaction on here boarders on farcical.
Didn’t we get done 4-0 at home to Peterborough in the first match only a couple of years ago. With Henderson and Camps in the team. Did we end up relegated by Christmas, funnily enough we weren’t relegated by the end of the season. By all means knock yourselves out is you think the fat lady is already singing, but forgive me for having a grip on reality and declining to join the chorus. There is plenty of the transfer window left.After 10 games we will have an indication of where we stand. The team and management have my full support.
Swindon Match Thread on 19:42 - Sep 12 with 2008 viewsAtThePeake

Swindon Match Thread on 16:30 - Sep 12 by RippDale

It doesn't matter who we sign if the manager(s) insist on playing the same style of negative, sideways/backwards football that we have played for the past 4 seasons

I wish we had seen more sideways/backwards passing today if only it had meant us managing to keep hold of the ball for more than 10 seconds. Too often we were unable to play that way due to the Swindon press and ended up resorting to a forward ball to nobody instead, putting us under near-constant pressure. Hopefully Humphrys will provide an outlet in those circumstances.

Tangled up in blue.

Swindon Match Thread on 23:02 - Sep 12 with 1546 viewsjokerthief

Would it be better if we played 3 at the back? We have 3 very good central defenders.
3---5---2 would be a more positive formation. And we have the players to suit it.
Swindon Match Thread on 23:07 - Sep 12 with 1527 viewsjudd

Swindon Match Thread on 23:02 - Sep 12 by jokerthief

Would it be better if we played 3 at the back? We have 3 very good central defenders.
3---5---2 would be a more positive formation. And we have the players to suit it.

How was their 2nd not a foul for climbing?

As for their 3rd, ffs, don't we ever learn?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024