Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC - time to make them subscription based? 16:48 - Sep 15 with 5533 viewsBazza

A casual glance at the BBC richest salaries shows a complete disregard for their pledge to cut costs. 15 to 30% increases are commonplace. The latest table also excludes incomes from BBC Studios, their commercial business so Doctor Who excluded. Half the top ten are radio presenters! Lineker has a new 5 year contract (why the heck) still the highest, though with a 20% pay cut. The new head honcho Tim Davie has got a big task ahead.

In my whole career I've never seen such increases other than for rare generous promotions up to seriously senior roles with extensive responsibilities.

Shame on the Beeb, no wonder people over 75 now have to pay for their licenses.

BBC - time to make them subscription based? on 13:50 - Sep 17 with 1089 viewsJaySaint

BBC - time to make them subscription based? on 13:41 - Sep 17 by Chesham_Saint

You can. You don’t need a licence if you don’t watch BBC live (and it’s various other bits). I’ve just cancelled a licence on a property for just that reason (mind you it took a lot of effort to cancel the thing and even more to get the advance payments I’d made back).

edit
[Post edited 17 Sep 2020 13:52]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

BBC - time to make them subscription based? on 16:19 - Sep 18 with 1018 viewskentsouthampton

Five not-at-all racist or sexist reasons why gammons can't stand Alex Scott
18th September 2020

WITH former England footballer and TV presenter Alex Scott set to take over from Sue Barker on A Question Of Sport, our panel of gammons explain why she’s the wrong choice.

She won’t know enough about our national heritage

There’s an obvious reason why Scott won’t understand Britain’s culture — she’s too young. At a mere 35 years old she’s probably never heard of the 1966 World Cup. And does she know all four verses of the National Anthem? I bet Sue does.

She’s got a man’s name. What’s that about?

That’s just going to confuse viewers. In sport, you’ve got Alex ‘Hurricane’ Higgins, Alex Ferguson — and now a woman called Alex? How am I supposed to explain that to my four-year-old boy?

Suppose she gets pregnant?

What if she suddenly goes off on indefinite paid maternity leave, like women do these days? I can’t believe the BBC would take such an irresponsible risk with an important programme like A Question of Sport. And who do you get then? The boxer Nicola Adams? Then we’re back to square one.

She’s not tall enough

She’s 5’4”. Sue Barker stood all of 5’5”, a commanding presence on TV. At 5’4” you’ll only be able to see the top of Scott’s head over the desk. I don’t pay my licence fee for that.

She’s called Scott, which is a slap in the face to every Englishman

Some of us haven’t forgotten the Battle of Bannockburn. Sure, it could be worse, she could be called ‘Alex German’ or ‘Alex Immigrant’, but it’s bad enough.
BBC - time to make them subscription based? on 10:49 - Sep 19 with 952 viewsSadoldgit

Saw an excellent Jonathan Pie sketch on the license fee the other day in which he defended it brilliantly. Check it out if you get a chance.
BBC - time to make them subscription based? on 11:25 - Sep 19 with 944 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

BBC - time to make them subscription based? on 10:49 - Sep 19 by Sadoldgit

Saw an excellent Jonathan Pie sketch on the license fee the other day in which he defended it brilliantly. Check it out if you get a chance.

He does my head in, I'M SHOUTING SO I'M RIGHT. IF I SHOUT, THAT MEANS I'M RIGHT. I'M RIGHT ABUT EVERYTHING WHEN I SHOUT.

He's tedious.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

BBC - time to make them subscription based? on 11:33 - Sep 19 with 941 viewsSadoldgit

It’s all a part of his character. I like him in small doses, which is what he usually serves up.
BBC - time to make them subscription based? on 14:12 - Sep 19 with 917 viewsKennington

Pye would do well as a poster on here.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024