Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea - Pressure? 10:59 - Sep 24 with 825 viewsJaySaint

I see that Chelsea have signed a keeper, for a mere £22m

so, that is....

Mendy
Chilwell
Silva
Zayech
Haverts
Werner

all arguably good enough to start, if not every week, but significant fixtures in the side this season (Silva?)

Given they have a massive squad, what kind of pressure will Lampard be under to deliver? and deliver what?
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 11:00]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Chelsea - Pressure? on 11:32 - Sep 24 with 767 viewsPatfromPoole

I’d be happy to have the pressure of a £20 million payoff if they wanted to get rid of me.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Chelsea - Pressure? on 11:37 - Sep 24 with 758 viewsSonicBoom

If you lose games then you'll get fired regardless if you're at the top or bottom of the league so it really doesn't make much difference does it.
Imagine being able to spend that much money on players. You are going to win way more than you lose and there is pretty much zero chance of getting relegated. Must be nice.

I like Lampard though. He seems a decent guy and comes across well. Much prefer him to the rest of top 6 managers.
Chelsea - Pressure? on 13:13 - Sep 24 with 680 viewsTimSaint

They really must have a super inflated squad with those additions. I think they had over 40 players out on loan either last season or the season before that.
Maybe they have a CB, Holding Mid or AM that is surplus to their requirements and can loan us. (Yes I know the rules restrict loan numbers from other clubs - but 1 would be a start). Or do they still act as the parent club for Vitesse Arnhem ?

TimSaint

Chelsea - Pressure? on 17:57 - Sep 26 with 494 viewsJaySaint

currently 2-0 down at WBA with just 25 mins gone

Frank has made multiple changes again, Silva made the latest defensive cock up

Chelsea - Pressure? on 17:58 - Sep 26 with 491 viewsJaySaint

oops

make that 3-0

Chelsea - Pressure? on 18:11 - Sep 26 with 473 viewsBicester_North

Chelsea - Pressure? on 17:58 - Sep 26 by JaySaint

oops

make that 3-0

Seems it’s not just Saints, defending and goalkeeping in the PL so far this season has been of a generally shite standard.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 18:11]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Chelsea - Pressure? on 18:14 - Sep 26 with 465 viewsdirk_doone

Will they be able to compete with top clubs like Leicester and Everton this season?

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Chelsea - Pressure? on 18:26 - Sep 26 with 433 viewsSaintsforeverj

Chelsea made the mistake of buying players like a child in a sweet shop. The good players that got 5th last year, know they will be replaced (unfairly). Not good for moral and buying 10 to 15 players never works. Think Fulham last time round, think Eastleigh when they had a millionaire owner. Building a team gradually bringing in one or two effective players is the way to go, not 10 to 15 players in one go.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 18:28]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Chelsea - Pressure? on 18:31 - Sep 26 with 416 viewsdirk_doone

Chelsea - Pressure? on 18:26 - Sep 26 by Saintsforeverj

Chelsea made the mistake of buying players like a child in a sweet shop. The good players that got 5th last year, know they will be replaced (unfairly). Not good for moral and buying 10 to 15 players never works. Think Fulham last time round, think Eastleigh when they had a millionaire owner. Building a team gradually bringing in one or two effective players is the way to go, not 10 to 15 players in one go.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 18:28]

Bringing in a morose character like Thiago Silva and immediately making him captain would not have gone down well with the senior players. This could be another season like 2015/16, when Mourinho upset the senior players at Stamford Bridge. Everton look much more like a top 4 team this season than Chelsea do.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Chelsea - Pressure? on 18:40 - Sep 26 with 392 viewsJaySaint

Lampard seem to make multiple changes to his line up and put in a different formation every single game.

with Man United looking terrible and Chelsea still relatively crap, Pochettino might be in a job by xmas

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024