Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thank f..... ck for that... 21:57 - Sep 26 with 1014 viewsSaintsforeverj

Get in. A thoroughly professional away victory and a clean sheet. High line or not, it was players battling hard and maybe a poor Burnley side that got us the win.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Thank f..... ck for that... on 22:12 - Sep 26 with 942 viewsKennington

Not the easiest game to watch, but considering we never win at Burnley that was just what was required.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Thank f..... ck for that... on 22:14 - Sep 26 with 927 viewsJaySaint

Thank f..... ck for that... on 22:12 - Sep 26 by Kennington

Not the easiest game to watch, but considering we never win at Burnley that was just what was required.

it was against a virtually reserve Burnley side. So many of their starters out, and we were a state.

however, we can only get better and Ralph is demanding a couple of players in

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Thank f..... ck for that... on 23:14 - Sep 26 with 795 viewsWaylander

Ugly game, beautiful points.
I thought Djenepo's purpose was to take defenders on.
Thank f..... ck for that... on 00:06 - Sep 27 with 726 viewsDorsetIan

Thank f..... ck for that... on 23:14 - Sep 26 by Waylander

Ugly game, beautiful points.
I thought Djenepo's purpose was to take defenders on.

Exactly. He’s no good at anything else, so he could at least try to do that.

Westergaard looked good today. Didn’t do much wrong.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Thank f..... ck for that... on 00:12 - Sep 27 with 721 viewsdirk_doone

Thank f..... ck for that... on 22:12 - Sep 26 by Kennington

It was a hard fought victory: a 1-0 away win against a team that's hard to beat. Remember, last season, Saints were 11th and Burnley were 10th.

I'm not going with the criticism of Djenepo here. He got stuck in. It certainly wasn't pretty but he epitomised the fighting spirit the team showed today. When we were trying to hold on to a lead, he tied up his flank very well. Sure, we could do with a creative midfielder like Lallana at his peak and there were times at the end of last season when Armstrong looked the part. Today wasn't one of his best games but when the confidence starts to flow through the team again, we'll see our creative players stand out more.

So, for today it has to be a

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Thank f..... ck for that... on 08:01 - Sep 27 with 573 viewsCity_boy

First half I thought we played well, then we lost our way in the 2nd.

Burnley were missing some key players which helped, but this was a game where the result mattered more than the performance. It will hopefully be a springboard to better things.

The back 4 played well and I would keep Vestergaard n there in place of Stephens.
Thank f..... ck for that... on 08:32 - Sep 27 with 533 viewsA1079

A good result and that mattered perhaps more than the performance against a side we have seemingly always struggled to play against. The 3 points were important and the fact we managed to see it through. It was though against a poor Burnley side who were under-strength. Whilst talking about strength our own bench in terms of quality and experience is looking thread-bare. Heaven help us if we get a load of injuries or a sickness outbreak.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024